Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:45 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools:INSEAD R2, IMD, HEC R2
 Q48  V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:HEC,Paris(Student)
 Q45  V36
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
 Q45  V36
Send PM
Re: HEC Paris Sept 2011 - Intake [#permalink]
0987654312 wrote:
ankurhbti wrote:

Dear jsonali,

thank you for the detailed info! it is really helpful!

I have the following questions: do you know what is the difference between the winter and the spring application sessions (i.e. the 1st of FEb application deadline and the 1st of March application deadline)? I have a low gmat and i have to make a decision between applying in the winter session with the low result or retake the Gmat and apply for the spring session. Are there less places in the last application session? Do i have less chances for admittance if i apply in feb as opposed to Jan? According to SAI, there is no difference but any other opinion from you guys in the forum would be extremely helful!!

THank youuuuu :)

There is no difference between the 2 deadlines. Your application will be seen in its entirety and not just GMAT score and hence chances are pretty much the same. just that if u retake GMAT, you might get a scholarship while you wont get anything with a low GMAT.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hello friends

I have one doubt regarding the after MBA placements (i am sure you will agree with me the importance of this factor for any applicant) , from some of my friends who have done MBA from other reputed colleges in Europe I got feedback that it is difficult to find job after HEC if a candidate is not fluent in "French".
Can you kindly share some stats on placements of students from Indian origin or do students get jobs outside France easilly
Intern
Intern
 Q45  V36
Send PM
ankurhbti wrote:
Hello friends

I have one doubt regarding the after MBA placements (i am sure you will agree with me the importance of this factor for any applicant) , from some of my friends who have done MBA from other reputed colleges in Europe I got feedback that it is difficult to find job after HEC if a candidate is not fluent in "French".
Can you kindly share some stats on placements of students from Indian origin or do students get jobs outside France easilly

HEC graduates get jobs in all geographies and if you visit the website(https://www.mba.hec.edu/Build-your-caree ... -Placement), you will see 45% work outside the home country, 31% of non europeans working in france, 30% of non french working in france, 64% work outside france, 34% have change in pre and post MBA job location. So HEC MBA grads do take up positions of international scope and in all geographies too and a lot of them are career changers. HEC has a very strong position in industry in France.

language requirements also depend on what sector you are interested in. For eg industry jobs might not require that much french but consulting in france needs fluent french. If it is difficult to find job in France without french, it has nothing to do with HEC, same holds true with any other school.
There are no placement statistics for indian students separately available. And as the percentages above indicate, yes students of course get jobs outside France. A lot will depend on your nationality, current economic scenario, your networking skills, your previous work experience.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 42
Send PM
Any information on the selectivity of the joint programs with MIT (MS in management studies) and the dual mba degree w/ nyu?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jsonali wrote:
ankurhbti wrote:
Hello friends

HEC graduates get jobs in all geographies and if you visit the website(https://www.mba.hec.edu/Build-your-caree ... -Placement), you will see 45% work outside the home country, 31% of non europeans working in france, 30% of non french working in france, 64% work outside france, 34% have change in pre and post MBA job location. So HEC MBA grads do take up positions of international scope and in all geographies too and a lot of them are career changers. HEC has a very strong position in industry in France.

language requirements also depend on what sector you are interested in. For eg industry jobs might not require that much french but consulting in france needs fluent french. If it is difficult to find job in France without french, it has nothing to do with HEC, same holds true with any other school.
There are no placement statistics for indian students separately available. And as the percentages above indicate, yes students of course get jobs outside France. A lot will depend on your nationality, current economic scenario, your networking skills, your previous work experience.

i am from IT consulting (5years with Deloitte ) ...i may like to continue in IT sector post MBA and in asia ........do we have companies hiring for a profile like these
Intern
Intern
 Q45  V36
Send PM
ankurhbti wrote:

i am from IT consulting (5years with Deloitte ) ...i may like to continue in IT sector post MBA and in asia ........do we have companies hiring for a profile like these

Yes, definitely! Opportunities are many in Asia and with a previous background in IT consulting, it should be fairly easy to position yourself. There is definitely a significant amount of interest from students and companies for opportunities in asia.
some HEC students had gone on a career trek to Asia in the middle of this year and met with senior executives of big companies and HEC also has a Asia-pacific professional club for people interested in pursuing career opportunities in Asia.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Any current HEC students pursuing careers in political consulting/ political risk consulting in europe/asia or north america ?

I intend to work in that field post MBA. I have googled a bit but haven't yet been able to find any hec alumni involved in this domain. I'm sure there must be a few...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jsonali wrote:
ankurhbti wrote:
Yes, definitely! Opportunities are many in Asia and with a previous background in IT consulting, it should be fairly easy to position yourself. There is definitely a significant amount of interest from students and companies for opportunities in asia.
some HEC students had gone on a career trek to Asia in the middle of this year and met with senior executives of big companies and HEC also has a Asia-pacific professional club for people interested in pursuing career opportunities in Asia.

can you kindly put me in touch with an Alumn with a similar profile.....
Intern
Intern
 Q45  V36
Send PM
ankurhbti wrote:
jsonali wrote:
ankurhbti wrote:

can you kindly put me in touch with an Alumn with a similar profile.....

I may not be able to do this directly through this forum but I would suggest a few options -
1. you can have a look at the events page which will be updated shortly with event schedule for 2011(https://www.mba.hec.edu/Life-HEC/Events) where you can interact with school representatives and get the info you want.
2. Also you can read a small blog piece (https://www.mba.hec.edu/mbablog/) about the Asia trek and the experience of the students who attended it.
3. You also get in touch with the CDM(career development manager), details at (https://www.mba.hec.edu/Build-your-career/Outreach). If you click on CDM under outreach, you will see the email ids of concerned people responsible for different sectors and geographies who can help answer questions and/or put you in touch with concerned people.
4. if you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me and i can try to get them answered.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
hi all,
can anyone please tell me what is supposed to happen once I click on the "Submit Form" button? How can I upload CV/photo and pay the application fee? Also, I was not able to "complete" the mandatory fields in the form because I do not know French but the form did not have any options for me to select. It has only Beginner, intermediate, advanced and native. Does that mean my form was not submitted?
Thanks
A
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Send PM
One of my recommenders informed me that he cannot login to the recommendation form with the password he set yesterday. He also sent an email to HEC@etheryl.com for the school to reset the password. I dont understand how he came up with this email address. Is there anything I can do about it?
Intern
Intern
 Q45  V36
Send PM
suggest you guys to contact admissions committee directly by phone in case of any issues/glitches, they are generally co-operative. The office will open on Monday, 3rd jan so try them then.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Send PM
I sent an email but I will definitely call them on Monday.
Would my application be considered incomplete until my recommender submits my recommendation form?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Guys

i submitted my application today......uploaed all doucuments...mailed my passport details....
I have asked a query to ADcom asking if it is required to send hard copies of my transcript to HEC for the application.....
I have mailed the soft copy of transcript will that be suffice as of now(till i get a final selection call) ...

Usually in all other colleges i have seen that only soft copy of transcript is asked while submiting the application , not sure if HEC has a different procedure..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jsonali wrote:
I may not be able to do this directly through this forum but I would suggest a few options -
1. you can have a look at the events page which will be updated shortly with event schedule for 2011(https://www.mba.hec.edu/Life-HEC/Events) where you can interact with school representatives and get the info you want.
2. Also you can read a small blog piece (https://www.mba.hec.edu/mbablog/) about the Asia trek and the experience of the students who attended it.
3. You also get in touch with the CDM(career development manager), details at (https://www.mba.hec.edu/Build-your-career/Outreach). If you click on CDM under outreach, you will see the email ids of concerned people responsible for different sectors and geographies who can help answer questions and/or put you in touch with concerned people.
4. if you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me and i can try to get them answered.

Thanks for the detailed response ......
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 42
Send PM
Does HEC call or email decisions? Does it usually happen on the date, or can it happen earlier? (Waiting on Jan-7 release date). Thank you
Intern
Intern
 Q45  V36
Send PM
Kudos
traveler wrote:
Does HEC call or email decisions? Does it usually happen on the date, or can it happen earlier? (Waiting on Jan-7 release date). Thank you

HEC emails decisions and on the date mentioned on the admissions calendar if all the interviews happened well in time.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts