Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:46 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: LEED AP
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Them green buildings, y'all.
Schools:GSB(R1) Haas(R1) Wharton(R1) Kellogg(R1) Ross(R2) Tepper(R2)
 Q45  V45
GPA: 3.67
WE 1: 4.5 yrs in architecture.
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:Booth (accepted), Kellogg (WL-withdrew), Ross (accepted), McCombs (accepted), Kelley (accepted)
 Q48  V35 GMAT 2: 700  Q47  V40
GPA: 3.0
WE 1: 4 years finance
WE 2: 1 year non-profit
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Schools:Kellogg, Booth
Send PM
Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink]
any one else speak to their waitlist officer? i spoke with mine earlier this week. not much feedback. any one have any idea what percent of the waitlist gets admitted?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
There's no available information about waitlist % admit. However, some people estimate it at something around 50%. I think it's better to be WL than having to reapply next year. Chances might be higher and the work is easier than doing an application.

I called my WL contact and he didn't give any feedback. He told that nothing was wrong in my application and they're figuring out how many admitted will give up. The only advice I got was to write an update of recent events if applicable. I believe this can be of help for all of us.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
WE 1: Energy
Send PM
I called the Adcom a few days ago and got a bit of tailored feedback as well.

The 50% number sounds high to me. At this point, I really think it will be dependent on how strong they feel your application is and how well you mitigate their concerns. That and a whole lot of luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Heard back from my person today, mentioned my low(er) quant gmat score, which bums me out. Wondering if I should re-take before the February round? I have already sent my score report out for my R2 apps, so I'm assuming that if I take it again but choose not to send it out, no one will see it?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I also didn't get much feedback from my WL officer, was just told that they are waiting to see how round 2 applicants look.
Intern
Intern
Schools:Booth (accepted), Kellogg (WL-withdrew), Ross (accepted), McCombs (accepted), Kelley (accepted)
Send PM
Got no specific feedback from my WL manager, she just said if I had any updates, I should write a letter. I was promoted at work and have gotten more involved with a couple of my EC's, so I submitted that on Friday. Would like to hear (either way) ASAP as I have a couple of deadlines for other schools coming up soon!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Ross(IN–full$)
 Q49  V44
WE 1: Investment Bank
WE 2: Company in NYC
Send PM
Did everyone speak to their waitlist "handler" on the phone, or did they send you email feedback?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
WE 1: Energy
Send PM
did anyone get an idea of time frame for decisions off the WL from their contact?

I know the waitlist site says Feb and March, but am curious if they are telling everyone the same thing.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
trikstr wrote:
did anyone get an idea of time frame for decisions off the WL from their contact?

I know the waitlist site says Feb and March, but am curious if they are telling everyone the same thing.

kegewe wrote:
Did everyone speak to their waitlist "handler" on the phone, or did they send you email feedback?

I spoke with my WL manager over the phone. She said she is away from her desk a lot so that is why it took her so long to get back to me.

She confirmed that those are the 2 main dates they will notify people, but my friend got a call on a random day toward the end of Jan last year that he got in off the WL, so who knows....
Manager
Manager
Schools:Kellogg, Booth
Send PM
trikstr wrote:

I was told by my WL officer that the majority of decisions will be made in March. Hopefully we all hear back before then though since that's still a long time away...
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: LEED AP
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Them green buildings, y'all.
Schools:GSB(R1) Haas(R1) Wharton(R1) Kellogg(R1) Ross(R2) Tepper(R2)
 Q45  V45
GPA: 3.67
WE 1: 4.5 yrs in architecture.
Send PM
tru777 wrote:
trikstr wrote:

I was told by my WL officer that the majority of decisions will be made in March. Hopefully we all hear back before then though since that's still a long time away...

I sure hope so. It's tough not getting any love and not knowing what you'll be doing next year.
Anyone considering a visit who hasn't been to campus yet? Any thoughts on whether that'd help?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 244 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: CPG Marketing
Schools:Chicago Booth 2013, Ross, Duke , Kellogg , Stanford, Haas
 Q41  V42
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
ljh02 wrote:
Heard back from my person today, mentioned my low(er) quant gmat score, which bums me out. Wondering if I should re-take before the February round? I have already sent my score report out for my R2 apps, so I'm assuming that if I take it again but choose not to send it out, no one will see it?

Would you mind sharing your profile? I applied R2 and have a lower quant score too, curious if that means an automatic ding or WL for me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Michmax3 wrote:
ljh02 wrote:

Would you mind sharing your profile? I applied R2 and have a lower quant score too, curious if that means an automatic ding or WL for me.

Sure! 710 total / 95% verbal / 68% quant. I was finance undergrad, 5 years work experience in investment banking/private equity.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q41  V42
Send PM
ljh02 wrote:
Michmax3 wrote:
ljh02 wrote:

Sure! 710 total / 95% verbal / 68% quant. I was finance undergrad, 5 years work experience in investment banking/private equity.

Thanks for sharing...that makes me sad, because my quant is even lower than that and I really want to go to Kellogg :cry:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Would you mind sharing your profile? I applied R2 and have a lower quant score too, curious if that means an automatic ding or WL for me.[/quote]

Sure! 710 total / 95% verbal / 68% quant. I was finance undergrad, 5 years work experience in investment banking/private equity.[/quote]

Thanks for sharing...that makes me sad, because my quant is even lower than that and I really want to go to Kellogg :cry:[/quote]

That was just one piece of feedback I was able to get, I don't think anyone's application is hinging on one score. Everyone's profile will be different so you can't really use someone else as a benchmark (your gpa is higher than mine).
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q41  V42
Send PM
ljh02 wrote:
That was just one piece of feedback I was able to get, I don't think anyone's application is hinging on one score. Everyone's profile will be different so you can't really use someone else as a benchmark (your gpa is higher than mine).

Yeah for sure, I just figured that was the only reason they gave you, assuming all else was fine, but doesn't sound like they really went in-depth with the feedback. Hoping for good luck for us both!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:LBS (Admit), Insead (Admit), Wharton (Admit+$), Kellogg (Waitlist), HBS (Ding)
 Q49  V41
Send PM
I am a waitlist for the 1Y program.........given that the class size is just 80-90 in all for the 1Y, I think my chances of a conversion are really bleak.....I have submitted my deposit for LBS.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  27