Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 22:14 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 22:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Non-profits
 Q47  V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Management Consulting
Schools:Kenan Flagler (R2-Interviewed - Ding), Tuck (R3 - Ding), UCLA (R2 - Ding), Haas (R3), Tepper (R2-Ding), McCombs (R2 - Ding w/o Interview), Simon (R2-Admit)
 Q48  V27 GMAT 2: 700  Q50  V35
GPA: 3.86
WE 1: 6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink]
Submitted on Jan 5, and still waiting.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Schools:Simon Graduate School of Business '13
Send PM
vnbui wrote:
Submitted on Jan 5, and still waiting.

What are your stats?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Penn State (Admit and Matriculating), Simon (R3-WL), Rady (R2-Admit w/$), Merage (R2-Ding w/o Interview), Rutgers (R2-Admit)
 Q45  V35
WE 1: Photo USA
WE 2: ASUS Computer International
WE 3: Cavium Networks
Send PM
Had my interview and campus tour on Monday. Pretty standard questions. Greatest accomplishment, greatest weakness, why mba now, why Simon. Hopefully I did well. Now time for the waiting game.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 3: 740  Q49  V41
Send PM
Submitted my app on Jan 5th. 740 score; 4.5 years work ex; Indian IT Male.

Yet to get an interview call. Does that mean a ding?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 3: 740  Q49  V41
Send PM
Should we request for an interview or will the status be updated on the site?
Intern
Intern
Schools:Kenan Flagler (R2-Interviewed - Ding), Tuck (R3 - Ding), UCLA (R2 - Ding), Haas (R3), Tepper (R2-Ding), McCombs (R2 - Ding w/o Interview), Simon (R2-Admit)
Send PM
abhishekg82 wrote:
anaghamahajan01 wrote:
Hi guys,
Applicant from India...
I submitted on 5th Jan and got an interview call today for Interview in person at Mumbai...
Who all are in for this interview?

Are they interviewing everyone or was there a filter??

I am going for interview in Mumbai. Round 3 applicant.

I had my interview with a recent graduate from Simon on last Sunday. I was told that the decision will be out in 2-3 weeks max.
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V35
Send PM
I had an interview with an Alum too...
Went well..
Standard questions...

Didn't know the decision will be in 2-3 weeks...
I was all set to wait till March 31st....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
anaghamahajan01 wrote:
I had an interview with an Alum too...
Went well..
Standard questions...

Didn't know the decision will be in 2-3 weeks...
I was all set to wait till March 31st....

I actually spoke to the interview coordinator Eileen and she mentioned that it will take 2-3 weeks for the adcom to arrive at a decision, since it is a rolling process at Simon School.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Hi All, New to the GClub. Does anyone have any theories on why Simon's median starting salary is lower than lots of other schools in its tier? Simon seems to have incredible academics and professors, so it is not adding up for me why the median starting salary is about 72K. I am not trying to bash Simon at all. I am merely trying to assess if the school makes sense for me based on ROI. Thanks.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
SDBall22 wrote:
Hi All, New to the GClub. Does anyone have any theories on why Simon's median starting salary is lower than lots of other schools in its tier? Simon seems to have incredible academics and professors, so it is not adding up for me why the median starting salary is about 72K. I am not trying to bash Simon at all. I am merely trying to assess if the school makes sense for me based on ROI. Thanks.

Valid question. One I've asked before.

Their starting salary is lower for two reasons:

1. Early Leaders Initiative - Simon accepts exceptional students straight out of undergrad. These students obviously have less experience, so they are going to accept lower starting salaries post-graduation.

2. High International Population - Simon has almost 50% international students (whereas most other b-schools have ~30%). I've heard that international students are known to receive lower starting salaries when returning to their home countries (when converted to American dollars).

I will say that Simon has hired a new head of Career Services who is doing a complete overhaul of their center to address any employment issues... and from what I've seen, he is well on his way.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
mba20thirteen wrote:
SDBall22 wrote:

1. Early Leaders Initiative - Simon accepts exceptional students straight out of undergrad. These students obviously have less experience, so they are going to accept lower starting salaries post-graduation.

2. High International Population - Simon has almost 50% international students (whereas most other b-schools have ~30%). I've heard that international students are known to receive lower starting salaries when returning to their home countries (when converted to American dollars).

I will say that Simon has hired a new head of Career Services who is doing a complete overhaul of their center to address any employment issues... and from what I've seen, he is well on his way.

Those are two great data points. Thank you. The statistics would probably fall in line with other schools for national students with more work experience then. I'm glad I asked. I wonder if there is any way to get my hands on that data besides calling Simon.
Current Student
Send PM
SDBall22 wrote:
mba20thirteen wrote:
SDBall22 wrote:

Those are two great data points. Thank you. The statistics would probably fall in line with other schools for national students with more work experience then. I'm glad I asked. I wonder if there is any way to get my hands on that data besides calling Simon.

Agreed. Some schools do a further breakout with regards to age/experience, which I think Simon should do for the more typical domestic prospective MBA students (like us).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Penn State (Admit and Matriculating), Simon (R3-WL), Rady (R2-Admit w/$), Merage (R2-Ding w/o Interview), Rutgers (R2-Admit)
 Q45  V35
WE 1: Photo USA
WE 2: ASUS Computer International
WE 3: Cavium Networks
Send PM
Thanks. That's some good information to know.
Intern
Intern
Schools:Kellogg, Tuck, Johnson, Ross, Kenan-Flagler, Said
Send PM
mba20thirteen wrote:
snowflakes wrote:
Hi! Can anyone tell me what's the difference between:
Full-Time M.B.A - September 2011 Entry....... Jan 5th

AND

Final Deadline for International Students...... Mar 15

You applying Snowflakes?

Apologies for not replying sooner mba20thirteen! I haven't yet decided whether I will be applying...
Current Student
Send PM
SDBall22 wrote:
mba20thirteen wrote:
SDBall22 wrote:

Are you applying, SDBall22?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
quote]

I will say that Simon has hired a new head of Career Services who is doing a complete overhaul of their center to address any employment issues... and from what I've seen, he is well on his way.[/quote]

Those are two great data points. Thank you. The statistics would probably fall in line with other schools for national students with more work experience then. I'm glad I asked. I wonder if there is any way to get my hands on that data besides calling Simon.[/quote]

Are you applying, SDBall22?[/quote]

I did apply RD 2 - accepted. I'm not sure if I would get the ROI to justify attending though. I'm thinking a lot about it. I won't hear from other schools till March/April though and Simon asks for $$ deposit by next week.
Current Student
Send PM
SDBall22 wrote:
I did apply RD 2 - accepted. I'm not sure if I would get the ROI to justify attending though. I'm thinking a lot about it. I won't hear from other schools till March/April though and Simon asks for $$ deposit by next week.

Sounds good. I'm heading there in the Fall, so let me know if you have any questions from one admit to another. By the way... what are your stats? I'll update the group profile.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts