Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:07 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 92 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Status:Rice University, Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Business Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Rice (Jones), Emory (Goizueta), Washington (Olin), Indiana (Kelley)
Send PM
Re: calling all wash(olin) applicants 2011 [#permalink]
pretty same here as well[/quote]

Any idea guys how much time Olin takes to give intv calls??[/quote]

I applied Round 1 and it took about six weeks for the interview call.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Marketing and Finance (Business Marketing Academy)
Schools:Kelley Class of 2013
 Q49  V38
Send PM
hwc2005 wrote:

Great, thanks. I guess i'm glad i applied to a couple of schools that give pretty quick invites to balance everything out or I might lose my mind.

Cheers,
Manager
Manager
Status:Rice University, Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Business Class of 2013
Send PM
thmgoodw wrote:
hwc2005 wrote:

Great, thanks. I guess i'm glad i applied to a couple of schools that give pretty quick invites to balance everything out or I might lose my mind.

Cheers,

Yeah, I understand. Olin lags a bit on the interview turnaround time process. Most schools take a couple of weeks or less (at least the ones I applied to).
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V38
Send PM
hwc2005 wrote:
thmgoodw wrote:
hwc2005 wrote:

Cheers,

Yeah, I understand. Olin lags a bit on the interview turnaround time process. Most schools take a couple of weeks or less (at least the ones I applied to).

Yup. I'll actually be in Bloomington on Monday and I see we that is one of our overlaps :-D

Cheers,
Tom
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[/quote]

Yeah, I understand. Olin lags a bit on the interview turnaround time process. Most schools take a couple of weeks or less (at least the ones I applied to).[/quote]

Yup. I'll actually be in Bloomington on Monday and I see we that is one of our overlaps :-D

Cheers,
Tom[/quote]

We actually have quite a bit of overlap with Wash U, Indiana, and Emory.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Accounting/Corp. Finance
Schools:ADMIT: Owen R1, Olin R1, McCombs R2, REJECT: Stern R1, CBS R1, Darden R1, Anderson R1, PENDING: Marshall R2, Tepper R3
 Q45  V42
GPA: 3.3
WE 1: ~3 years at a large corporate law firm in NYC
Send PM
I was offered admission to Olin two days ago (Jan. 24), after interviewing on Thursday, Jan. 13. I submitted my application on Monday, Jan. 3, but I was invited to interview before I even submitted my app, after I had input my GMAT and GPA information. I also got into Vanderbilt with a scholarship, but Wash U will most likely take the top spot over Vandy. I am now waiting to hear back from Texas-McCombs, USC-Marshall, and UNC-Kenan-Flagler, all of which might supplant Olin if I get in.

GMAT: 710
GPA: 3.3
Background: Litigation Paralegal for 2 1/2 years in NYC, non-business undergrad degree.

Good luck all! Hopefully I get a scholarship offer in the hard-copy materials Olin is mailing to me like one of the previous posters!

Alex, NYC
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 408 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
 Q49  V40
Send PM
ksjhawk wrote:
I'm a first year MBA at Olin. I just wanted to share with prospective students that I've been very impressed with my first semester here. We truly have top-notch faculty that make themselves accessible, and my classmates' backgrounds are really impressive and diverse. I know a lot of prospectives aren't thrilled about moving to STL, but I've loved it...and the dirt-cheap cost of living doesn't hurt while my income is on hold.

One year ago I was deciding between Olin, McCombs, and Kelley. It was a tough decision at the time, but I'm definitely happy to be here. My class has some fortunate timing, but it looks like we'll have some great opportunities coming out of Olin. Good luck to the applicants out there!

Got admitted into Olin R1 this year...thats great to hear...Looking forward to it..
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General
Send PM
manoharpln wrote:
ksjhawk wrote:
I'm a first year MBA at Olin. I just wanted to share with prospective students that I've been very impressed with my first semester here. We truly have top-notch faculty that make themselves accessible, and my classmates' backgrounds are really impressive and diverse. I know a lot of prospectives aren't thrilled about moving to STL, but I've loved it...and the dirt-cheap cost of living doesn't hurt while my income is on hold.

One year ago I was deciding between Olin, McCombs, and Kelley. It was a tough decision at the time, but I'm definitely happy to be here. My class has some fortunate timing, but it looks like we'll have some great opportunities coming out of Olin. Good luck to the applicants out there!

Got admitted into Olin R1 this year...thats great to hear...Looking forward to it..

Congrats for your admit ! Please share your profile with us ...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 408 [0]
 Q49  V40
Send PM
raulmba wrote:
manoharpln wrote:
ksjhawk wrote:

Congrats for your admit ! Please share your profile with us ...

Thank you...
My profile is
GMAT: 730 (Q 49, V40) Indian
Exp: 3 yrs(by the time the course begins). Working in IT industry
CGPA: 8.7/10
Decent curriculars

And regarding the interview, i got the the call almost after a month. I think its because of their huge number of applns(not sure guessing as there is no appln fee), they take quite a bit of time before shortlisting for interview...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I was also recently accepted and will most likely be attending Olin. Can any current students comment on the housing options that are available to students? Advantages/Disadvantages to particular neighborhoods and parts of campus? Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
i have also been accepted to olin and am most likely will be attending in the fall. Has anyone received the acceptance binder mentioned on the admissions letter?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Not yet. We should be getting the acceptance binder any time now.
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V38
Send PM
I have a question for anyone who has gone through the interview process with Olin.

I submitted my application for the last round (Jan 3rd or whenever that was). I just (like in the last hour) received an interview invite. However, it is a bit different than my other interview invite emails.

It gives me a specific time for a 30 minute phone interview (in a few weeks). It doesn't even seem to give me the option of coming to campus, checking out the school, etc. Is this standard? Do I just accept the telephone interview slot?

The email reads: "The Admissions Committee is currently reviewing your file and requested that an interview be conducted before finalizing our decision. I would like to schedule you for a telephone interview. I have an available appoint at XXXX ...."

If it matters, I am an East Coast domestic applicant.

Cheers,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thmgoodw wrote:
I have a question for anyone who has gone through the interview process with Olin.

I submitted my application for the last round (Jan 3rd or whenever that was). I just (like in the last hour) received an interview invite. However, it is a bit different than my other interview invite emails.

It gives me a specific time for a 30 minute phone interview (in a few weeks). It doesn't even seem to give me the option of coming to campus, checking out the school, etc. Is this standard? Do I just accept the telephone interview slot?

The email reads: "The Admissions Committee is currently reviewing your file and requested that an interview be conducted before finalizing our decision. I would like to schedule you for a telephone interview. I have an available appoint at XXXX ...."

If it matters, I am an East Coast domestic applicant.

Cheers,

For my interview they gave me a specific time and date also. However they were in my area at the time and I was able to go meet the interviewer in person.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
^^^ Same here, I applied in r2, jan 3rd and had the interview before an MBA fair locally. I however received my interview invite on jan 6!

wonder if this means anything. Olin is by no means an easy school to get into but could they have read all my essays etc that quickly?
Intern
Intern
Schools:Kelley, WashU, Carlson, McCombs (R2int)
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: 3 years Accounting
WE 2: 4 years Fin Analyst
Send PM
I did a phone interview in December, as the timing of the invite and getting to StL didn't work out well for me. They said it was always an option to go to campus, but didn't make me feel like it was at all a disadvantage do to it over the phone. I would say 30 minutes was about right, length-wise.
Their admissions staff is very pleasant to deal with.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Concentration: GMO/Sustainability
Schools:<strong>Darden '13</strong>
Send PM
Got admitted to Olin today. Interviewed over the phone last Friday.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts