Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:27 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Re: doubt [#permalink]
psp wrote:
undoubtedly this isn't a std question. i'm supposed to appear for clat this year & this year's paper will be fraught with critical reasoning questions.i've joined this club just to get my simplest of doubts clarified so that there isn't any iota of doubt in my mind. i've just completed my 12th.the exam is imminent & i really need your help & guidance to deal with cr ques.i earnestly request you to cope with the silly,frivolous & unstandardised ques that i'll be asking.
PLZ DO REPLY TO MY QUERIES.

What is clat? I would strongly advise you against posting Non standard / non GMAT questions here. This is a forum for gmat prep. Im annoyed that i wasted 3 minutes on trying to figure out this one. You may confuse other folks by posting these questions here and waste their time too.

if you want to learn CR then learn the GMAT questions and ask relevant doubts.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
seems as if you aren't interested in helping me out.
as far as the other folks are concerned i'm sure they are smart enough & decisive & won't get perplexed by the unstandardised questions.
anyways, i won't be posting such unstandardised ques. again & sorry as u had to waste 3 min on solving it out.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Schools:Terry, Georgia Tech
 Q50  V40
GPA: 7.87
WE 1: Working for Wipro Technologies since April 2010
Send PM
psp wrote:
developed countries have made adequate provisions for social security for senior citizens.state insurers(as well as private ones) offer medicare & pension benefits to people who can no longer earn.in india,with the collapse of the joint family system,the traditional shelter of the elderly has disappeared.and a state faced with financial crunch isn't in a position to provide social security.so,it is advisable that the working population give a serious thought to building a financial base for itself.

which of the following weakens the conclusions drawn in the passage,the most?

a)the investible income of the working population,as a proportion of its total income ,will grow in the future

b)the insurance sector is underdeveloped & trends indicate that it'll be extensively privatised in the future

c)india is on the path of development that'll take it to the developed country status,with all its positive & negative implications

d)if the working population builds a stronger financial base,there will be revival of the joint family system

i think the ans should be (d),but i'm not sure. plz state the correct ans alongwith the explanation

I think it is C.

A is irrelevant as growth in investible proportion no way relates to whether people should build a strong financial base.
B brings an alien and new idea.
D strengthens the idea as that option supports the last line of the passage " so,it is advisable that the working population give a serious thought to building a financial base for itself."
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thanks for your help & offer. i appreciate your kind gesture.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 125 [0]
Given Kudos: 231
Send PM
doubt [#permalink]
can you please post the detailed OA of the given problem
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 613 [0]
Given Kudos: 111
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 4
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
I don't have OA but I'd say there is no other option closer to weaken the conclusion than C.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts
GRE Forum Moderator
13960 posts