Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:49 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Brand Management
Schools:CBS Class of 2013
 Q45  V44
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q45  V44
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
Re: KRoll background check [#permalink]
You may want to clear this up pre kroll via an email to adcoms. I doubt it would come up as it was a former employer but they may call over there...u never know

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q45  V44
Send PM
jordanhendrix wrote:
You may want to clear this up pre kroll via an email to adcoms. I doubt it would come up as it was a former employer but they may call over there...u never know

thanks
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools:Wharton/Lauder - Class of 2013
Send PM
josiebella wrote:
jordanhendrix wrote:
Josie. Why did you put a diff date? If its a mistake no biggie but they will want to clarify either way. If it was a way to cover a gap, who knows what a scool may do. I've seen schools recind offers bc of this.

honestly, i was too lazy and did not check my W2s to be exact. it is not a way to cover a gap. just the ending date of job 1 was pushed back and the starting date of job 2 was pushed up.

I'm sure a lot of people (myself included) weren't sure about their exact start and end dates. Being off by a month sounds pretty reasonable to me. I think its totally fine to just say, in case you even get asked about it, that you simply forgot to double check and put down what you could remember at the time.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q45  V44
Send PM
globalcitizen wrote:

I'm sure a lot of people (myself included) weren't sure about their exact start and end dates. Being off by a month sounds pretty reasonable to me. I think its totally fine to just say, in case you even get asked about it, that you simply forgot to double check and put down what you could remember at the time.

thank you! that makes me feel a little better...lol maybe i should still give them an FYI?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Send PM
josiebella wrote:
globalcitizen wrote:

thank you! that makes me feel a little better...lol maybe i should still give them an FYI?

Sure, I don't see any harm in informing them. If its a first job out of college though, I strongly doubt they'll check that far back. Word on the street is that CBS only checks our current employer (let us know if thats actually true). But better to cover all your bases just in case (especially if you have your w-2 and can site exact dates) :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q45  V44
Send PM
globalcitizen wrote:

Sure, I don't see any harm in informing them. If its a first job out of college though, I strongly doubt they'll check that far back. Word on the street is that CBS only checks our current employer (let us know if thats actually true). But better to cover all your bases just in case (especially if you have your w-2 and can site exact dates) :)

Awesome, thank you!!!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 137 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Corp Fin
Schools:Ross (R2), Cornell (R3) , UNC (R3) , INSEAD (R1 Jan)
 Q44  V42 GMAT 2: 710  Q47  V40
GPA: 1.87
WE 1: Advisory (2 yrs)
WE 2: FP & Analysis (2 yrs at matriculation)
Send PM
I think they normally check your last two jobs. That being said though, if they do check it might be a problem so a heads up might be in order.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q45  V44
Send PM
i actually checked my w2s and could not find the dates on there.....I think I may actually have to call HR from my old company to find out exactly when I started, it was in 2007 so I really can't recall.

is that what all of you guys did instead of estimating when you applied??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
What does Kroll actually say when they call up an employer/recommender?

Do they state which school they are performing the check on behalf of?
Do they state why they are performing the check(i.e. for full time admission into school xxx)?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Send PM