Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:35 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: Tepper (R2) , Johnson (R2) , Ross (R2) , Wharton (R2) , Kellogg (R2)
Send PM
Re: Ross vs. Tepper-Operations [#permalink]
I think I can relate (despite the Ross WL!)...
Ross seems to have a more vibrant community, very nice facilities, MAP, leadership and entrepreneurship focus, promising placement stats in consulting
On the other hand, Tepper has a home-y feel to it due to the very small class, famous quantitative emphasis (Management Science)...

International opportunities may be a factor...honestly can't figure out which school has the edge there...
Stacy Blackman Consulting Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi tigerbeck,

Good job talking to students and visiting the campus; it's great that you did both. One thing I want to mention, particularly if you'd like to pursue consulting post graduation, is that you should consider which firms you would like to work for post-graduation. Then talk to the career centers at each school to see which companies recruit from the school. Careers centers are surprisingly honest and open about the information.

This is very important, because in terms of the big international firms that recruit heavily, the MBA programs they target are:

Harvard
MIT
Stanford
Kellogg
Chicago
Michigan
Wharton

Kellogg has an outrageous number of people going to McKinsey, for example. Many of these firms only recruit at select schools, or they recruit at their top six schools and then will also do some more local recruiting for local offices.

I hope this was of help. I'm happy to answer any other questions.

Cheers,

Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:Ross,Johnson, Darden, McCombs, Simon
 Q48  V41
Send PM
I am currently at Ross and if you have not taken a look at the Tauber Institute here, then you should. There are a large number of my classmates enrolled in this program which basically requires you to take an additional operations course each term and guarantees an operations-related internship. I am not all that familiar with the program but those I have spoken to seem very happy with it.

Plus Ross wins hands down for consulting....just my humble opinion though.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
dghazer wrote:
I am currently at Ross and if you have not taken a look at the Tauber Institute here, then you should. There are a large number of my classmates enrolled in this program which basically requires you to take an additional operations course each term and guarantees an operations-related internship. I am not all that familiar with the program but those I have spoken to seem very happy with it.

Plus Ross wins hands down for consulting....just my humble opinion though.

I agree with dghazer.

Don't look at specialty rankings too seriously. Specialty rankings are a good way to recognize lower-ranking programs for their core strengths (i.e. Thunderbird for intl. business, Babson for entrepreneurship, etc.). Tepper is a strong program, especially in supply chain and operations, but I wouldn't choose Tepper over Ross on the basis of specialty rankings alone. You should have excellent access to operations consulting jobs through Ross/Tauber, and it's the stronger school overall if your career plans change.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: Tepper (R2) , Johnson (R2) , Ross (R2) , Wharton (R2) , Kellogg (R2)
Send PM
Great input from everybody...
I wish a Tepper student could weigh in as well...some insider's insights are always welcome :)
GMAT Club Bot