Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 20:37 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 20:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Re: How to decline admission [#permalink]
yup! i promise, i wasnt really prepared so I said I have narrowed down my choices but im not sure where i'm going....i answered honestly. I dont know if other schools do it as a standard.
Of course they want to know why there competition is winning.

For Kelly there is a page where you either enroll or withdraw, very easy, no emails needed. It asks for a brief why? and where you're going instead? too.
If you enroll, then it takes to a payment page for your deposit
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Kudos
jordanhendrix,

Thanks for the useful brief, care to share which BSchool asked Qs or you can pm me. I have been so invested in the application, essays, chats to students, alumni and interviews that I haven't thought about this dilemma. I honestly thought BSchools receive literally thousands of applications and adcoms make more offers than places as they factor in yield anyway. Additionally, there are plenty applicants on WL to fill their class easily. They really want to know where you enroll at their competition? On a quid pro quo basis, most BSchools don't give me useful feedback when they ding me and don't explain their decision process. Why shouldn't I useful adcom's explanation of
1) competitive BSchools, great programmes
2) tough decisions to make
3) good luck

One BSchool has been fair to me in the tough process and I would be inclined to answer most Qs for market research purposes if being asked. I want to be prepared, general explanation would be sth like: "better fit to short/long term personal and career goals."
Current Student
Send PM
It was UMD Smith.....not sure if every school asks though. And thats a good way to look at it....as market research. I dont think it had anything to do with me specifically. I didn't speak to my interviewer just a random adcom. She pulled up my info and then the questions came. She was taking notes too, I could hear her typing my answers
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Texas '12
Send PM
Kudos
jordanhendrix wrote:
Some people just dont do anything and let the deposit deadline pass...thats completely fine too. If you feel obligated do it, but its not needed.

I wouldn’t follow this piece of advice. Keep in mind there are probably prospective students on the WL agonizing. Take all the time you need to make the right decision but know the sooner you tell a school you won’t be attending the sooner they can offer your spot to someone else. Just my two cents.

Sending an email is fine. Does the school call you if they ding you?
Current Student
Send PM
^^^ I take it back....forgot about the waitlist kids....hell i am one!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
USC as part of their accept/decline form ask all the why questions noted above. I don't mind answering questions. It is important to me ethically to let the schools know asap. I told one when they called to admit me.I want to free up the resources associated with courting me and give to another student but also be tactful.

Becky

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot