Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 03:34 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Kellogg 2012
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [3]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Kellogg
GPA: 3.7
WE 1: 6 years in High Tech
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink]
Hessegebbabel wrote:
Was dinged last Friday... :(

I followed the instructions to the letter (confirming my interest to remain on waitlist a few days after notification, not sending anything else as there were no "significant updates" etc...). Judging by the communications strategy of the two guys that lifted the waitlist, I think my approach was too passive... If I were to do it again, I would definitely take a more ACTIVE approach, especially a few weeks before decisions I would send them an email or call them to reiterate my interest!

Good luck to y'all!

Don't think its on you, you did what the instructions said. When I spoke to my waitlist manager, they actually said only send significant updates, don't contact us for the sake of contacting us.

Luck has a lot to do with the bschool app process so don't think anything of it. Best of luck to you on your other decisions!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [4]
Schools:CBS (R2) Stern (R2) Kellogg (R1) GSB (R2)
Kudos
To all R1 applicants, I have some official news. After trying multiple times to reach my assigned admission counselor over the last few days, moments ago I was able to get in touch with her. She told me that we should expect an email next week as to whether we wish to remain on the waitlist or whether we wish to opt out. The dates in the FAQ were NOT correct.

As of right now, they are still shaping the the class with R2 applicants. They hope to make some more waitlist decisions as soon as they can.

I hope that provides some clarity to everyone. Certainly before the end of the month, we will all receive an update and a chance to decide to stay on the waitlist or withdraw.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hessegebbabel wrote:
Was dinged last Friday... :(

I followed the instructions to the letter (confirming my interest to remain on waitlist a few days after notification, not sending anything else as there were no "significant updates" etc...). Judging by the communications strategy of the two guys that lifted the waitlist, I think my approach was too passive... If I were to do it again, I would definitely take a more ACTIVE approach, especially a few weeks before decisions I would send them an email or call them to reiterate my interest!

Good luck to y'all!

I just received a WL notice too, and read through the FAQ link, but nothing said that I needed to confirm my interest to remain on the WL. It just said to contact them if you want to withdraw from the WL. Did others receive a different message?

Do the WL admission stats quoted earlier in the thread apply to 2Y only, or combined 1Y and dual degree applicants?

Also, how did you find out who your assigned WL admissions officer was? My letter does not provide a name, it just says to call the office if you want to speak with someone.

Originally posted by potatochip5 on 23 Mar 2011, 09:31.
Last edited by potatochip5 on 23 Mar 2011, 09:33, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:Wharton, Kellogg, MIT, Kenan-Flagler, Booth, Darden, Duke
Send PM
mbapplicant wrote:
To all R1 applicants, I have some official news. After trying multiple times to reach my assigned admission counselor over the last few days, moments ago I was able to get in touch with her. She told me that we should expect an email next week as to whether we wish to remain on the waitlist or whether we wish to opt out. The dates in the FAQ were NOT correct.

As of right now, they are still shaping the the class with R2 applicants. They hope to make some more waitlist decisions as soon as they can.

I hope that provides some clarity to everyone. Certainly before the end of the month, we will all receive an update and a chance to decide to stay on the waitlist or withdraw.

So, for the time being there will be no more admits off the waitlist and we are all staying there???
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: LEED AP
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Them green buildings, y'all.
Schools:GSB(R1) Haas(R1) Wharton(R1) Kellogg(R1) Ross(R2) Tepper(R2)
 Q45  V45
GPA: 3.67
WE 1: 4.5 yrs in architecture.
Send PM
mbapplicant wrote:

So no chance of being accepted/denied between now and then? Did it seem like we're lumped in with the R2 waitlisters (we'll have a decision at the same time as them)?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
nuvolari wrote:
mbapplicant wrote:

So, for the time being there will be no more admits off the waitlist and we are all staying there???

That is certainly how it sounded. They have to finish R2 by Monday so that is their current focus, and then they will concentrate on us again. I would not expect to be admitted before Monday.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
fbardolph wrote:
mbapplicant wrote:

So no chance of being accepted/denied between now and then? Did it seem like we're lumped in with the R2 waitlisters (we'll have a decision at the same time as them)?

I did not ask if we were lumped in with the R2 waitlisters, but I assume that is not the case. We would have priority, just like any applicant applying in R1 has over R2.

That said, if you have any questions or what anything clarified, I suggest you call your admissions counselor and ask about the process.
Manager
Manager
 Q45  V45
Send PM
Thanks mbapplicant. I did email them about that on Monday, no response yet.
Hurry up and wait I guess.
Starting to feel like a last (wo)man standing contest.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Anyone on here waitlisted for GMAT performance? Did the Adcom ask for a re-take?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm a Round 1 waitlister (long-time lurker). I also spoke to my case manager yesterday and he mentioned that they are continuing to work through the process of the waitlist review, and that all remaining Round 1 waitlist applicants should expect to hear back within the next couple days for more information about their status. I sense this also supports what "mbapplicant" stated earlier...that we will get asked to either stay on waitlist or opt out. :|
Manager
Manager
Schools:Kellogg, Booth
Send PM
mbapplicant wrote:
The dates in the FAQ were NOT correct.

BS! These guys just didn't get their f-ing job done on time!

Thanks mbapplicant for the info though! At least now we have a better idea of what's going on.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Marketing
Schools:All R2 - Booth(attending w/$), Kellogg(WL w/int then ding), CBS(ding w/int), Harvard(ding), NYU(admit), UCLA PT(admit), USC PT(admit)
GMAT 2: 710
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
R2 wait lister here ... trying to brainstorm the most relevant updates I can provide to Kellogg over the coming weeks. My annual performance review is scheduled for early April (and it should be very positive) - is it too much to include excerpts from or a quick summary of it?

Also ... is it just me or does it seem like R1 wait listers haven't seen much movement. Trying to be hopeful, but also realistic.
Manager
Manager
 Q45  V45
Send PM
LaChloe wrote:
R2 wait lister here ... trying to brainstorm the most relevant updates I can provide to Kellogg over the coming weeks. My annual performance review is scheduled for early April (and it should be very positive) - is it too much to include excerpts from or a quick summary of it?

Also ... is it just me or does it seem like R1 wait listers haven't seen much movement. Trying to be hopeful, but also realistic.

A few dings, maybe 2 admits for R1. Slooooooooow...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
WE 1: Energy
Send PM
just got an update - given the option to remain on the wailist with a potential decision with the other Round 2 waitlisters... FML.
Manager
Manager
 Q45  V45
Send PM
trikstr wrote:
just got an update - given the option to remain on the wailist with a potential decision with the other Round 2 waitlisters... FML.

Yeah, ditto.
No special treatment for R1 it seems.
Manager
Manager
Schools:Kellogg
 Q48  V41
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Same here :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Just got that email too. Will be removing myself from the waitlist. Good luck to everyone!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  27