Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:48 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72867 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink]
Expert Reply
desiaggie1980 wrote:
I am about to buy the SC book so I get access to their online ques bank for SC and also the 6 tests, I think every book will give access to a separate ques bank. Could someone who has bought these clarify

Posted from my mobile device

That's correct - you will get access to the 6 cats and also a separate question bank that's intended for the specific book. In this case SC q bank.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
bb wrote:
desiaggie1980 wrote:
I am about to buy the SC book so I get access to their online ques bank for SC and also the 6 tests, I think every book will give access to a separate ques bank. Could someone who has bought these clarify

That's correct - you will get access to the 6 cats and also a separate question bank that's intended for the specific book. In this case SC q bank.

OK, so from the sound of it, we get unique question banks based on the book topic, but only 6 CATs, no matter the number of books purchased.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
hello founder....i am new to this forum. i had heard about certain material posted over here by a person named somewhat like Master kreiko. it was named 'Extensive Material on quant. and verbal preparation' and it consisted of around 10 CR and 12 RC and 32 PS sets. can i get the links for all that material ?? please help me as soon as possible. thanks in anticipation....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Av wrote:
I'll have more information after my first class on Thursday. As for their CATs, the questions did seem representative of the real exam, but I didn't receive enough difficult questions and I thought the scoring was awkward. For example, I missed 2 quant questions (not near each other) and received a scaled score of 46. To emphasize the lack of difficulty, I finished the quant section in only 60 minutes. Customer support said they would have someone look into my test results, but I haven't heard anything from them yet.

Yeah I have the same feelling with Knewton's Cat. Though I consistently score 50 in Quant in GMATPrep, it gave me a 46 with the same number of incorrect questions. And I also finish Quant section in less than one hour too, ( don't know why I scored less when it seems easier) But it took me almost of time to finish GmatPrep Quant.

In addition, the Verbal part is quite good, but I don't think their SC questions are similar to those in OG. CR and RC are pretty easy.So it also took me less time to finish than do the GmatPrep.
Knewton GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: AWA, Personal Statements, Critical Reasoning, Reading Comprehension
Schools:B.A. Harvard
Send PM
Hi andysimple,

Thanks for the feedback! Sounds like your scaled score might have been affected by the relative difficulty of the questions you missed (even if the section as a whole seemed comparatively easy). For more on this point, check out this GMAT CAT FAQ from our VP of Research, David Kuntz.

If you have any more questions, just let us know!

Chris
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
humphy wrote:
bb wrote:
desiaggie1980 wrote:

OK, so from the sound of it, we get unique question banks based on the book topic, but only 6 CATs, no matter the number of books purchased.

Thanks

OK, did some digging and research and I think I have figured it out:

MGMAT advertises that you get 6 CAT on the cover of every MGMAT book.

My question was: If you bought the 8 book set, is that access to 48 total CAT?

The answer I found is this:

Each MGMAT book does indeed get you access to take 6 CAT tests from the MGMAT site. However, I think that if you go through the trouble and register each book in a separate email, you can gain access to another 6. Here's the catch: MGMAT's question pool is limited, so you may see the same questions from your first set of 6 in the next set of 6 and I'd bet with increasing probability as the pool of "unseen" question gets smaller as you take more and more tests (third set of 6, 4th, 5th, etc.).

I burned one CAT right out the gate to get some idea of what the whole thing looked like and how useful the MGMAT CAT is. I will update everyone after I have burned my 6 and go on to "the next set of 6".

Let me know if you find the MGMAT free CAT system to operate differently.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
I am a newbie and I came across Grockit. I personally want to buy the member to do practice tests + 5 full length exams ($99). Has any one else tried it? Would appreciate any reviews.

Thanks a lot!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 667 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
Concentration: MBA-Entrepreneurship
Schools:Belmont University
 Q25  V25 GMAT 2: 420  Q23  V24
GPA: 3.0
Send PM
Shalom!
I now took the first Manhattan GMAT test CAT 1. My score was a 320. :cry:
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
That's an improvement over the first one - make sure you get the right books and a good study schedule. For books see here: top-gmat-prep-books-guides-reviews-comments-77703.html?highlight=ml306
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hey Guys,

I just wondering which GMAT CAT Practice Tests are timed versus those which you have the option to turn the clock off?

I've taken a few of the Knewton one's and i'm pretty sure that you don't have the option to turn off the timer.

Thanks,

NoObstacles
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi

Please clarify : The first post of this topic is dated in April 2009. Do the reviews listed in the post hold for the present time ?

Which tests are closest to MGMAT tests and GMAT prep tests presently?
or
Which of the available tests will reflect my actual preparation level in line with the GMAT test ? :)

thanx in advance :)
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
The only test that will approach any level of accuracy evaluating your performance (at home on the couch vs stressed and sweating bullets), is the GMAT Prep. MGMAT, Knewton, and now Kaplan all come close.

You can see also GMAT Score Calculator
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1370 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,
GMATCLUB is helping me a lot in my preparation of GMAT. ( i have become so conscious of every sentence I write now in english including this one. I blame S.C :D)

I have two questions
1) The list of various practice test which you have provided on the 1st page, is it available in excel format? I wanted to keep a track of all the test I am giving hence would like it if it were in excel file.

2) This is bit of feedback, if I may. Suppose I am viewing a page on this site and I want to download an attachment. I click on that attachment which would require me to sign in first. I sign in and then the site re-directs me to the home-page instead of redirecting to the previous page from where I wanted to download that attachment. Now I can find the page(though painstakingly) but if the site re-directs me back to the page from where I came it would have been really easy navigating. Just a thought.

Thank you.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thanks!

1) No excel spreadsheet but you can look for error log or GMAT Calendar

2) I know - that's the software limitation. We don't have the control over it really. I recommend logging in and checking the box that says "keep me logged in"
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1370 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Hi guys,
I have collected all the practice tests mentioned here and have put it in a excel sheet. This way it helps me to keep a track of all the practice tests, free or paid, available to me.

Hope it's useful to some of you.
Attachments

GMAT PRACTICE TEST.xlsx [11.71 KiB]
Downloaded 118 times

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Any idea what is the level of difficulty for the GMATclub verbal set vs other test companies? I took a verbal test and got 30 out of 41 correct. It was in the 44th percentile. This shocked me. When I took the GMAT for the first time I got an 82 %ile. I don' think my verbal has become so bad. Any idea why? Is it because the people who take the GMATclub tests are way smarter than the GMAT test taking population?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  28