Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:00 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:UCLA FEMBA (In) USC(ding w/int) UCI(In)
 Q38  V41
GPA: 3.25
WE 1: 5 years
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Entertainment & Media
Schools:USC (in!!!), NYU (Waitlist)
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:USC, UCLA
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling All Fall 2011 USC Marshall Applicants! [#permalink]
Kudos
silverdana wrote:
Does anyone else have this notification underneath their application status?

Reminder: If you haven't already, please submit all necessary test scores and supplemental materials, and check this screen for any updates/changes to your application status. Once your application is complete, a decision will be rendered according to the decision notification schedule for the program to which you have applied.

I have already interviewed and was never contacted about missing test scores...

I had this on my account since the time I applied. Its generic. Don't worry about it. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
silverdana wrote:

Reminder: If you haven't already, please submit all necessary test scores and supplemental materials, and check this screen for any updates/changes to your application status. Once your application is complete, a decision will be rendered according to the decision notification schedule for the program to which you have applied.

I have that same notification but never received any notice from USC that they are missing info.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.0
WE 1: 2 yrs of accountant at ad agency
Send PM
my status has been "Submitted" and never changed.
does it actually change to "In Process" when they start reviewing?

haasorbust wrote:
silverdana wrote:

I have that same notification but never received any notice from USC that they are missing info.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
jiyo7 wrote:
my status has been "Submitted" and never changed.
does it actually change to "In Process" when they start reviewing?

haasorbust wrote:
silverdana wrote:

I've been admitted and that status still hasn't changed. A link will appear at the bottom of that page stating that a decision is available. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just got WLed:( i guess its better than a rejection... they want additional information/material. what do u think i should send???
Intern
Intern
Send PM
lili1986 wrote:
Just got WLed:( i guess its better than a rejection... they want additional information/material. what do u think i should send???

How was this communicated to you?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
haasorbust wrote:
lili1986 wrote:

How was this communicated to you?

there was a link under "application status:submitted"

"Thank you for your interest in attending the Marshall School of Business at the University of Southern California. After review of your application, the Admissions Committee has decided to place you on the wait list.

The Admissions Committee evaluates applications for admission to our program from a large number of highly qualified candidates, and each application is given careful consideration. The criteria used in the evaulation process represent a range of both qualitative and quantitative measures. These include academic performance, professional accomplishments, and the personal attributes discussed in your application package.

Although we think highly of your profile and your potential fit with our program, we are unable to offer you admission at this time. You may supplement your application with additional information that you decide is relevant and helpful to our evaluation (this is not a requirement for further consideration). If you choose not to remain on the waitlist we ask that you inform us of your decision so that we can better serve those who do maintain this status.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office. Again, we appreciate your interest in attending the USC Marshall School of Business."
Intern
Intern
Send PM
s1ngular1ty wrote:
Quote:
Alright, USC decided to pleasantly surprise me. I had given up on USC after put on wait list and was gearing up to go to Georgetown. I hadn't checked the application page of USC. I got the admission packet delivered to home yesterday.

I got admit with 50% fellowship. :)

Congratulations! So there is hope for people on the waitlist and 50% tuition waiver! Great!

Even I have been waitlisted. Please share how you were successful in converting from the waitlist. Any additional docs?

Hi s1ngular1ty r u still waiting to hear from them? i am wondering how long i should wait... !
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Schools:USC Marshall School of Business
GPA: 2.9
WE 1: Software Consulting
WE 2: Government / Healthcare
Send PM
Just wanted to say good luck to the wait-listers. I hope to see you there on campus. :!:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:USC, UT-Austin, Babson
 Q44  V38
GPA: 7.8
WE 1: Entrepreneur
Send PM
Quote:
Hi s1ngular1ty r u still waiting to hear from them? i am wondering how long i should wait... !

I am still waiting in spite of sending updated documents. So the wait will be long. Applied in Oct '10. I am disappointed the way the WL has been handled frankly. No updates and no responses to mail. The size of the WL too is unknown. I would advise having a Plan B ready. :) Planning to call them up today.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
s1ngular1ty wrote:
Quote:

I am still waiting in spite of sending updated documents. So the wait will be long. Applied in Oct '10. I am disappointed the way the WL has been handled frankly. No updates and no responses to mail. The size of the WL too is unknown. I would advise having a Plan B ready. :) Planning to call them up today.

okay:( let me know what happens. unfortunately my plan B is Pepperdine since i wanna stay in LA, i cant waste a year to reapply to ucla/usc. whats urs?

thanks Cyber1
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:USC, UT-Austin, Babson
 Q44  V38
GPA: 7.8
WE 1: Entrepreneur
Send PM
Quote:
okay:( let me know what happens. unfortunately my plan B is Pepperdine since i wanna stay in LA, i cant waste a year to reapply to ucla/usc.

Give them a call asap and ask them about the WL. Mostly the size of the WL. That is the best option. :) I have admits from 2-3 other schools but will be headed to Babson mostly.
Manager
Manager
Schools:USC, UCLA
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Got my admit packet today and was pleasantly surprised to find that I have been awarded a half tuition fellowship!!

Best of luck to all waiting and those on the WL. Hope you hear good news soon.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
socalscool wrote:
Got my admit packet today and was pleasantly surprised to find that I have been awarded a half tuition fellowship!!

Best of luck to all waiting and those on the WL. Hope you hear good news soon.

wonderful news !! socalscool!!
Would you share your profile with us?
What else in the admit packet besides the official admit letter?
figure crossed for all the WLers..
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Entertainment & Media
Schools:USC (in!!!), NYU (Waitlist)
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
I just found out that I have been Waitlisted too. I guess it is better than a ding, but now I am on two waitlists with no outright admits. :-(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: General, Luxury Goods Brand Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Carnegie Mellon Tepper (R2), Duke (R2), Notre Dame (R2), Georgetown (R2), UVA Darden (R2), USC (R2), Kellogg (R2)
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Still waiting...though originally I wasn't worrying about USC decisions until today since they had told me during my on-campus interview/visit that they would not release anything until April 1st.

But of course with the updates on this thread since last Monday, been anxiously waiting for email/phone call/mail the past 2 weeks now...

I know some people mentioned getting their admit notice in the mail without even getting a phone call/email.

Which form of mail did USC use for U.S. candidates and how many actually received their admit via mail with no phone call/email notification?

Thanks! Good luck to everyone else waiting today!

Anyone considering USC and UVA Darden?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just logged on to check my status and the decision (reject) was there.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  28   29   30   31   32   33   34  ...  41   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts