Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 11:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Gen
Schools:NYU Stern Class of 2013
GPA: 3.5
WE 1: 3yrs FINANCE
Send PM
Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink]
Regnisdj wrote:
upInTheAir wrote:
anyone finished kroll for nyu yet? do they contact the recommenders? just wondering if i should tell my supervisor that i got in.

Haven't finished, but I started the process last Thursday and was just wondering how long I should wait to expect to hear back the OK from them...anyone know?

what do they actually do that they have to make the discalimer that if you don't want your employer to know yet then wait? Who do they call?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
I emailed the adcom telling them that I am not notifying my employer until 6/1 and they told me to wait to initiate the Kroll check until 6/1, but to initiate asap after that. I may or may not wait that long given that I work at a bulge bracket firm and they will just contact some general HR person, but at least the adcom knows it will be delayed.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hrogers014 wrote:
STF wrote:
WL after the interview (3/30)...sucks! what's the timeline for the WL folks?

Looking at prior years the timeline goes deep into the summer.

For what it's worth, there was a post in the 2011 NYU WL thread of someone being waitlisted on a Tuesday and getting an admit on Friday.

Originally posted by gtownhoo on 14 Apr 2011, 08:04.
Last edited by gtownhoo on 14 Apr 2011, 08:30, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Schools:NYU
 Q50  V34 GMAT 2: 730  Q51  V37
Send PM
Just got waitlisted after interview.
Do you have any idea if people are also dinged after interview? I only see waitlists...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 295
Send PM
FYI, a google alert informed me about this post: https://educatedoutcomes.wordpress.com/2 ... s-learned/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Regnisdj wrote:
upInTheAir wrote:
anyone finished kroll for nyu yet? do they contact the recommenders? just wondering if i should tell my supervisor that i got in.

Haven't finished, but I started the process last Thursday and was just wondering how long I should wait to expect to hear back the OK from them...anyone know?

I asked Kroll the same question, here's their reply:

"We actually do not provide the turnaround time to the students. Feel free to reach out to your admissions team."

Looks like we aren't going to get much help from Kroll, I remember seeing an earlier post that took the op a 2-3 week time frame to get through the verification. I hope working in China and having a Chinese employer doesn't add unnecessary time, I want to submit my resignation soon so I can spend my summer traveling =)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
Like, honest, unless you have hidden something ridiculous in your background in your app (colleges, companies, things other than small date errors)... Kroll isn't really going to be a concern. They only check data, not whether you are a quality material.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
xiao85yu wrote:
Regnisdj wrote:
upInTheAir wrote:

I asked Kroll the same question, here's their reply:

"We actually do not provide the turnaround time to the students. Feel free to reach out to your admissions team."

Looks like we aren't going to get much help from Kroll, I remember seeing an earlier post that took the op a 2-3 week time frame to get through the verification. I hope working in China and having a Chinese employer doesn't add unnecessary time, I want to submit my resignation soon so I can spend my summer traveling =)

I started the Kroll process nearly 7 weeks ago. Since I hadn't heard anything by last week, I decided to call admissions. I was told that I would be contacted by the school only if there was a problem in my report. So I straight forward said that I want to resign my job and same for my husband and I wouldn't want to go ahead with that unless I'm absolutely sure that I'm going to NYU. She said that if there were a problem, I would be contacted by now and that I'm good to go. So I guess I'm clear although I didn't receive the formal notification.
Kinda disappointing though... I was really looking forward getting that email and feeling the thrill of getting admitted all over again :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 3: 760
GPA: 3.2
WE 1: 5 yrs
Send PM
Hi All,
I just received an award with my package and I was wondering--what is the policy for NYU for awarding $ 2nd year? How likely is it that I will be able to get the same/similar award for next year? This type of award for my first year is an "Alumni" scholarship.
Thanks!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Anyone else excited for tonight/this weekend?? :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
Concentration: Finance
 Q44  V50
GPA: 3.06
WE 1: 2yrs Financial Modeling
WE 2: 3yrs Investment Management
Send PM
Definitely excited. I'm flying up in about 4 hours hours.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
rouzbie wrote:

Me too. I'm walking two blocks to get there. Yes, I live beside Time Sq - the horrors.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
Concentration: Finance
 Q44  V50
GPA: 3.06
WE 1: 2yrs Financial Modeling
WE 2: 3yrs Investment Management
Send PM
I kept posting and PMing people that I had finished Kroll, but apparently I hadn't finished until today. I received an email from MBA Admissions stating that my verification process is complete and I'm officially part of the NYU Stern Class of 2013 :)

Edit: for those keeping track, I submitted all the preliminary information to Kroll on 3/16 (so about a month)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rouzbie wrote:
I kept posting and PMing people that I had finished Kroll, but apparently I hadn't finished until today. I received an email from MBA Admissions stating that my verification process is complete and I'm officially part of the NYU Stern Class of 2013 :)

Edit: for those keeping track, I submitted all the preliminary information to Kroll on 3/16 (so about a month)

This is good to know. Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
danerd wrote:
rouzbie wrote:

Me too. I'm walking two blocks to get there. Yes, I live beside Time Sq - the horrors.

EEK. Well, I guess that as long as you don't mind tourists, expensive food, tourists, lack of bars, tourists, and of course tourists, its not all that bad. :wink:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
mamboman56 wrote:
danerd wrote:
rouzbie wrote:

EEK. Well, I guess that as long as you don't mind tourists, expensive food, tourists, lack of bars, tourists, and of course tourists, its not all that bad. :wink:

You forgot to mention shady electronics/souvenir shops selling iPads that fall apart in less than a week of purchase. :thumbup:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:Stern '13
Send PM
danerd wrote:
mamboman56 wrote:
danerd wrote:

You forgot to mention shady electronics/souvenir shops selling iPads that fall apart in less than a week of purchase. :thumbup:

And the tourists... Hundreds of them at any given street. I used to live around there... couldn't wait to get out.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  104   105   106   107   108  ...  110   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6919 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts