Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:04 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management
GMAT 2: 710  Q45  V38
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 216 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.37
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32876 [0]
Given Kudos: 4455
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
 Q31  V33 GMAT 2: 640  Q47  V31
Send PM
Re: Knewton 590 --> 710 [#permalink]
Congratulations Victoria, your debrief is really inspirational.

I have my first test date coming up in 10 days and after that I will fly back to Germany for a while to relax, before signing up to the Knewton course.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
Congrats Victoria. I just had my first Knewton class and it definitely looks/sounds very interesting but also demanding. Glad to know that it worked for you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi Victoria, this sounds like a fantastic story.. I'm currently sailing in the same boat - just gave my gmat and got a very similar score.. worked extremely hard and failed to recognise the concepts/ strategies needed to solve faster with accuracy. I am considering giving it another shot and believe a course such as knewton would help me get there. I am also speaking to private tutors, although, hourly rates seem rather expensive.

Knewton has the 'Complete Prep' product which seems interesting as my job is extremely hectic and hours are erratic. Do you have any views on this product or did you take the 'Premium Live' package?
I understand you can't contact the tutors using Complete Prep, but i may be wrong.
Let me know your views.
Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management
GMAT 2: 710  Q45  V38
Send PM
Hi!
When I signed up for Knewton (January 2011) they didn't have a differentiation of courses - just one course to choose. The only difference I could see was the length of time you can access the course (depends of course on your GMAT schedule. I signed up in mid January and took the test in late March) and the ability to watch the life lessons. I personally preferred the on-demand videos, because they allowed me more flexibility: You can choose WHEN to watch the course (especially important for different time zones), WHEN to pause or repeat sth and the course went on in your pace. I found it sometimes a little boring having to wait for other students to understand the concept in the life hours, b/c the class does not go on if there are unanswered answers. But this is just a personal thing. Plus I didn't need the personal contact to explain stuff to me.
Overall I can only recommend Knewton - no matter which product you choose, both seem to me to push you to same level as the course pushed me. If you want to sign up for Knewton please give me a PM, as I can then "refer" you and you get an additional discount on the course!
No matter how you'll decide: good luck with your GMAT and maybe with Knewton!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi, i tried to PM you twice, on both attempts the msg got stuck in my outbox so im unsure if you have received it. Yes, i would be interested so please do refer me and PM the details.
Hopefully you would have received my message.

Cheers
GMAT Club Bot