Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:05 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: N.C.C.
Own Kudos [?]: 191 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [0]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Time to kill [#permalink]
Hi guys!!
I have already exhausted the OG-12, Kaplan-11
For quant I am right now using Gmat-toolkit & GMATCLUB tests,For Sentence correction I am using Aristotle-SC-Grail & MGMAT-SC book, RC99 for RC..

I am planning to give my first GMAT-Prep on this Saturday!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Day-1
Did 6 RCs from RC99 (2E,2M,2H) with 85 % accuracy
Also, Completed 20 questions from Aristotle-SC with 80% accuracy

Today's focus will be on CRs & quant.
I always feels like if I stay away from quant for a long (a week) then my math skill become rusty & I need to go through the concepts for one more time..Same happens with Verbal too!!So I am trying to stay in touch of every topic as much as possible!!
That's it for now!I will keep you guys posted!
Adios...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Day-2
LSAT CR first 10 questions (with 80 % accuracy)
Kaplan-11 P.S. Sample questions (with around 85% accuracy)

Tomorrow i will give my 1st GMAT-Prep Test!!Let's see how far I am from 700 barrier!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Day-4
Finished reviewing some hard Probability, combination & ratio-proportion problems (my weakness in quant)!!
Given M04 & scored 77.3 %ile!! (Spent around 6:30 on one ratio-proportion problem, which made me rush at the end of section)

One thing which is bothering me is I want to study (practice) more before I give my GMAT-prep test!No-matter how hard I have studied I still think that I should practice few more questions before I do my 1st test...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Day-5

MGMAT Test#1 Scored 660 (Q 44, V 36)
Improvement is needed in Verbal section for sure, RC was the area of concern where my accuracy was pathetic (60-65 %)
Quant score was also below expected score..
Now that I know my weak spots , it's time to improve them!!
Stay tuned!!Adios!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Day-6
Revised Manhattan SC guide & gone through Aristotle-SC grail!!Must say that SC-grail is a good book for the SC preparation!!Specially its question-bank!!One more thing which I feel is anxiety & nervousness account a lot!Everyone has credential to do well but it's your capacity (to bare the pressure) which decides your fate!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Day-7

Gave M05 from gmat-club tests!!I must say that these tests are awesome.A right mix of hard,easy & ultra hard questions.Score of 88%ile with an accuracy of around 84% gives a lot of confidence!!
I am yet to take my first gmat-club verbal test.Let's see what it has, to offer to me!!

Also, I booked the test date.It is 6th of June & timing is 12:30 P.M.

Adios!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Day-8
I don't know why but I feel relaxed when I approach GMAT questions (Math/Verbal), well whatever be the reason a balanced state of mind is needed for successful GMAT stint!!

I finished around 60 Verbal questions yesterday.While doing SC questions from GMATCLUB questions (posted by users) I found that so many questions are not written correctly or their answers are still under debate, so I have decided that from now onwards I will practice questions from reputed materials only.
I have started doing ETS' paper-based test#14.My accuracy in Verbal was as stated below.
SC-90%
RC-66%
CR-100%

RC is the area of concern right now.But, I can & I will.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Day-9
Finished the questions from paper based GMAT test (number 14).I must say that I found the quant section far too easy.I am quite amazed by the level of difficulty in quant.At the same time the verbal section is awesome.I simply loved it.
There were few challenging verbal questions whose answer I could not figure out.I have posted them on the forum for discussion.
I would like to thank BB & other creators of the forum if any for providing such a platform for knowledge sharing.

'till later,
M.S.Dhoni
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64882 [0]
Given Kudos: 426
Send PM
Expert Reply
MSDHONI wrote:
Day-9
Finished the questions from paper based GMAT test (number 14).I must say that I found the quant section far too easy.I am quite amazed by the level of difficulty in quant.At the same time the verbal section is awesome.I simply loved it.

The actual GMAT questions will not be so easy. If you like Math, you will enjoy them. They will be tricky, yet do-able!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I also thought the same way..Just out of curiosity, :roll: as a prep master which material do you suggest to your students??
VeritasPrepKarishma wrote:
MSDHONI wrote:
Day-9

The actual GMAT questions will not be so easy. If you like Math, you will enjoy them. They will be tricky, yet do-able!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Day-10
Finished the Verbal section of GMAT paper test# 31.Once again "RC" was the game changer, I got 6 wrong out of 18 RC-questions.
I could see the improvement in my performance in SC, I got 4 wrong out of 22 SCs.The CR has been my strength so far,I got 1 wrong out of 16 CRs.
I guess its time for another full-fledged test.

'till later,
M.S.DHONI
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Day-11
I could not figure out when the day started & when it ended.I was slacking the whole day.May be It was a much required break from study.My father says me if you want to cut the wood you need to sharpen your saw.You can't go on if your saw has become blunt due to continues use.
Anyways, I did little bit of productive work today.I downloaded GMAT-CLUB flash cards & gone through the math portion.It was almost same as the math section provided in GMAT-toolkit.I am planning to give a Mock-test tomorrow.Let's see what happens.

Adios!!
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64882 [0]
Given Kudos: 426
Send PM
Expert Reply
MSDHONI wrote:
I also thought the same way..Just out of curiosity, :roll: as a prep master which material do you suggest to your students??

Our own, of course! (It really is good though :))

Additionally, we also suggest that they go through OG12 to get a feel of old questions if they are not very familiar with GMAT. We also ask them to take GMAT prep tests, our diagnostics and GMAT Life, GMAT Simulators etc (our own CATs).
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Day-12

Finished GMAT-CLUB's math test M06.I must say that guys behind this test has put lot of effort in the test.I was about to pull my hairs while doing some questions :))!!
Rest of the day went after usual chores (Weekly shopping & weekly walk etc. with my wife)Last two days were not went good from the preparation point view.It seems I need to tighten my belt.

-M.S.DHONI
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Day-13
I gave my 1st GMAT-prep test yesterday.I performed alright with the score of 680(Q47V36).I need to focus more on RC.It is the weakest link among all the sections,My accuracy for RC was 66%.I will spent some more time on RC now to improve my accuracy.

'till later,
M.S.DHONI
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Day-14
I laid my hand on GMAT-CLUB's verbal tests today.I must say that some of the questions were really good.I once again screwed up the RCs.I was short of the time at the end so needed to guess on last RC.I ended up with 29 correct out of 41 questions.
I scored better than 62% of users which was alright considering the quality of the users on this forum.

Today I will practice quant!!

Adios!!
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4