Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 06:28 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 06:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Ross, Schulich, Rotman
 Q50  V42
GPA: 3.3
WE 1: 1 yr R&D Insurance
WE 2: 5 yrs BI Insurance
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Re: Rotman, Ivey, or Schulich? [#permalink]
tml2004 wrote:
I can comment only on Schulich. I dont know exact placements for Ibanking from Schulich, but, all 5 major Canadian banks recruit from there. If you browse through the profiles of "poster" employees working in the capital markets division of 5 major Canadian banks, you will see scores of Schulich graduates. The concentration in Ibanking is available at Schulich, its just they didn't name it as bluntly as Rotman did. Under finance, you can specialize in investment management.

For consulting... I dont know what makes you say that consulting is not available as a major. Schulich does have strategic management stream. On top of that, Schulich has YCG which is a consulting group that is ran by students and supervised by faculty. If you have limited or no work experience, YCG could be a great value to you. Schulich, much like Ivey, has a final term consulting project which is mandatory for graduation. Major consulting firms do recruit from Schulich consistently, including BCG, Deloitte consulting, A. T. Kearney, Capgemini and others.

Its just that Schulich is a very well rounded school unlike Rotman or Ivey. You never hear of Schulich being a finance or a consulting school, because Schulich has equally strong and developed departments in the areas of marketing, real estate, non-profit management etc.

Thanks for the info and clarification. I have no idea how I missed that Schulich does in fact have a consulting stream. Schulich's YCG does sound very appealing. I must admit that I have heard differently about some of those firms you mentioned. I'd be curious to see how many Schulich grads they hire versus Rotman and Ivey grads.

Admittedly, I'm still a bit worried about Schulich's placement rate. I've long heard that the tier-1 investment banking and consulting firms prefer recruiting from Ivey and Rotman over Schulich.

Ethos, I'm told that less than 50% of the Schulich MBA students were able to get internship placements. Scary. Still, I agree that it's a major negative for Ivey.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Brand Management
Schools:Schulich class of 2012
 Q35  V48
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
I go to Schulich and almost everyone who was looking for one found an excellent internship.

Consulting firms are pretty rampant here. Deloitte is an especially active one. There is a Business Consulting stream as well. In our second year, we have a mandatory consulting project that we do with a company in Toronto as a capstone course. There are some huge i-banking recruiters here too like UBS and OTPP.

All three schools are case based in curriculum and are interchangeable as far as reputation goes. If you are super concerned about location, Rotman might be the best choice (although, after first semester, you could get away with taking almost everything at the downtown Schulich campus).
GMAT Club Bot