Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:06 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [4]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [1]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [1]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Re: Ask Cambridge (Judge) Admissions [#permalink]
Kudos
The cambridge website says "Enquiries can be submitted via the Cambridge MBA portal"

However after logging to the portal , i don't see any place where i can ask any question.
Could you please redirect me to the correct place.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I have a question about the mphil in finance. I didn't go to a top school, but I have top grades and a top gmat. Should i go ahead and apply to the programme, or will having gone to a public school no one has heard of keep me out of Judge?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I read a article in business week that the new immigration requirements have had an impact on placement numbers at Judge Business School and about a fourth of Judge's most recent graduating class were looking for a job within three months of graduation.

I would like to know if this situation has improved at all and what are the measures taken by the school towards this as it would really impact the international student community which is about 70% of their total batch strength
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
badrimallik wrote:
I read a article in business week that the new immigration requirements have had an impact on placement numbers at Judge Business School and about a fourth of Judge's most recent graduating class were looking for a job within three months of graduation.

I would like to know if this situation has improved at all and what are the measures taken by the school towards this as it would really impact the international student community which is about 70% of their total batch strength

You may also want to consult with this thread: uk-work-visa-abolished-for-internationals-108300.html
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Red Cross, YFS
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: General Management, IT, Strategy
Schools:Harvard, MIT Sloan, Fisher, Irvine
 Q51  V38
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: 4
Send PM
Hi,

I want to know about the funding and scholarships available for students in Cambridge also, are there any assistantships available? I have a 730 on GMAT and 4 yrs of IT experience in Oracle. I am financially so weak. I want to join Judge school for my MBA, but if I leave my job, I should completely depend on Loans and Assistant ships. Can you please suggest me if there is any way I can fund my MBA to cover all my living expenses and tution?

Thanks,
Manikanth.
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Send PM
@maxmoju --- you can send an email to mba-enquiries@jbs.cam.ac.uk

@barneyrubble --- I don't know that much about the MPhil Finance so I hesitate to go into more details. I do know that the MPhil is geared towards people who want to go into a research or academic career. We also have the Masters in Finance which is geared towards people with strong academics and experience in the finance sector. Perhaps you can email mba-enquiries@jbs.cam.ac.uk with more details and we can send your details to the appropriate person in Judge.
Send PM
@badrimalik --- I am not aware of the business week article that you mentioned. Could you post the link? The stats don't look right though but I will reserve comment till I read the article. Having said that, I think it is still too early to assess the impact of the visa regulations on the hiring side.

I am a contrarian and believe that the visa regulations will actually help UK MBAs because now, the only realistic route for a non-EU student who wants to work in the UK is by graduating from a UK MBA programme.

Conrad Chua
Head, MBA Admissions,
Cambridge Judge Business School
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, Cambridge Admission Team!

I have a question about work experience. I hold a master's degree in finance and another master's degree in applied linguistics. However, most of my experience (over 6 years) is translation services (English translations and interpreting). Would this weaken my profile in any way?

Thank you in advance!
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Phi Beta Kappa, StartingBloc
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Schools:Harvard, Yale, Wharton, Stanford, MIT, Chicago, Columbia
Send PM
Kudos
Why don't any of the top 3(ish) UK schools (LBS, Oxford, Cambridge) accept the GRE?

I'm coming from a top 10 US school, have a good GPA, a master's degree, and will be applying to the top 5 US MBA programs. I'd love to consider some of these 1-year programs in the UK, but I've only taken the GRE and I don't want to sit for the GMAT just so I can send out one or two more applications.

Are there plans at Cambridge to change this policy in the future?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [1]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Kudos
CambridgeMBA wrote:
Welcome to the official University of Cambridge Judge Business School Thread!

Welcome to GMATClub forums, Conrad.

As a Cambridge MBA grad, I had a fantastic time at the Judge Business School.

When I was an applicant, unlike for most other bschools, there was very little information about the Cambridge MBA on discussion forums. It was almost like the bschool world's best kept secret. There was more speculation on the forums than real facts.

I went ahead and applied after a whole lot of independent research. And clichéd as it may sound, the Cambridge experience surpassed my expectations in all aspects - education, social life, networking and career.

So I'm glad to see proactive official initiatives like these to reach out to the global applicant community.

More power to the program and the Cambridge brand. Good luck.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi,
i am a doctor based in India and am applying this year to the Judge MBA program.
since Judge provides diverse opportunities in healthcare,i wanted to know about the kind of roles doctors take up post MBA. and how can doctors benefit from the Capstone Projects.
Dr.Prerna :)
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
@Mikeharv. We don't have plans to adopt the GRE yet. I think most schools in the UK and Europe are adopting a wait and see approach, to ascertain how to compare GRE and GMAT scores. I know Insead already accepts both. From my conversations with my US counterparts in some of the top schools that you mentioned, they have found that most applicants still take both the GRE and the GMAT. However, I am sure that with time, there will be more candidates like yourself who will only take one of the two tests and that will force schools like ourselves to review our position.

@prerna0417 It all depends on individuals' career plans. Some doctors have gone back to medical practice, others have gone to biotech. Do you have a particular career interest in mind, or is it still quite general at this moment?
Send PM
@tn2007 Re: your question on work experience, I would say that your challenge will be how to demonstrate, through your work in translation, leadership and career progression. This is a challenge that every applicant faces, but I think it is much more of an issue for you as it is not immediately obvious how your work shows the same level of client interaction, initiative and leadership that others might have.

Conrad Chua
Head MBA Admissions
Cambridge Judge Business School
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: INSEAD '14
Send PM
Cambridge admissions team,

I am very keen on a Full time Cambridge MBA

1. Graduation from Delhi University, India - Bachelor of Commerce 53% score - No GPA concept
2. MBA from ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad, India – pass out 2004 ( 2 year residential course) CGPA 9.02/10
3. I have 7 years of Post MBA Experience in leading Corporate – CITIFINANCIAL / HDFC BANK / TATA CAPITAL
4. Age is 32 Years
5. From a Management Trainee in 2002 I have risen in Corporate Ranks to that of a Assistant Vice President
6. GMAT to be taken in 1st week of September. (estimated score of 660)

A revert from your end will go a long way in directing my preparation efforts.

Does my profile fit your requirements / what are the Odds

Regards
alokag at gmail. com
Send PM
Alokag

We do not give individual pre-assessments of profiles but I would say that from your information, there is nothing to suggest an immediate red flag. However, a lot will depend on the quality of your work experience, your essays, your references and your GMAT. All the best and I look forward to reading your application in the near future.

For your info, the applications for MBA2012 are now open so you can go to our website, register and start work on your application.

Conrad Chua
Head MBA Admissions
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi,
i have brought my goals down to either joining in a senior management role in a hospital chain or joining a global consultancy firm in the payor and provider domain.
i am worried about the realism of my goals, although mckinsey recruits at judge i am worried about the specificity of my goal(healthcare). :(
What is the chances of that?
Dr.Prerna
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
@prerna0417 Rather than think about whether your goals are specific/realistic enough to satisfy someone else (be it an MBA admissions committee or a recruiter), why don't you ask yourself what are the goals that excite you the most, why you chose them, and think through how your profile/past experience matches up. You could talk to people who work in the areas that you want to work in to find out employment opportunities (does the sector hire in large numbers? what are the hiring processes?) and also what are they looking for. Give yourself several options and work from there. Good luck!
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts