Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 14:33 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 14:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.48
WE:Web Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manhattan GMAT Online Marketing Associate
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.48
WE:Web Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manhattan GMAT Online Marketing Associate
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink]
anilwanted wrote:
mmapplebeck wrote:
Anil,

The Advanced GMAT Quant Strategy Supplement comes with access to the advanced quant question bank and bonus drill set but not the 6 CATs. You can, however, get access to the 6 CATs with the purchase of one of our 8 Strategy Guides. You can read more about the 8 Strategy Guides here: https://www.manhattangmat.com/storeitems ... 28&catid=1

Best,
Matt Mapplebeck
Student Services Associate
Manhattan GMAT

Thanks for the info Matt.

Your(manhattangmat.com) website mentions that any guide comes with the 6 CATs.
But the link on amazon says :

Special Features:

Purchase of this book includes one year of access to ManhattanGMAT's online Number Properties Question Bank (accessible by inputting a unique code in the back of each book).

It does not mention about the 6 CATs.

Does that mean, we will bet getting the 6 CATs only if we buy from manhattangmat.com ?

Thanks in Advance,
Anil

Anil,

Thanks for pointing this out.

I can assure you that purchasing any of our Strategy Guides new, even from Amazon directly, will guarantee you access to the 6 CATs. Each Guide also comes with its own Question Bank of 25 questions.

Best,
Matt Mapplebeck
Student Services Associate
Manhattan GMAT
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CAMS, CAIIB
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: finance, operations
Schools:St John's University-Tobin, NY and ISB
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Hi,
Help needed to estimate my score from Barrons GMAT CAT. I have used the Barrons CD provided by a friend and below is my score . Can some person estimate my score because neither the Barron's book nor the CD gives the actual score

Quantative scores = Problem Solving = 42 % , DS = 61 % , overall = 51 %

Verbal score = RC = 86 % , CR = 72 % , SC= 26 % , overall = 60 %

Also GMATclub does not have barron's in score estimator
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.53
WE:Other (Accounting)
Send PM
Can anyone help me?

So far I've done 3 CATs test, 2 from GMAT Prep and 1 from Manhattan. However, the score I've got from the first two CATs (GMAT Prep) are like these..

CAT 1 (GMAT Prep) : score 580 (Q45 V25)
CAT 2 (GMAT Prep) : score 530 (Q44 V20)
CAT 3 (Manhattan) : score 670 (Q46 V36)

I admit that from the second to third test, I tried to boost up my RC and CR. However, the 3rd time raw score I got (which is Manhattan) doesn't differ much from the first 2. My first CAT, I've got 15 incorrect for Quant (3 incorrect from the first 10 questions) and 17 incorrect for Verbal (2 incorrect from the first 10).
My second CAT, I've got 14 incorrect in Quant (with 5 incorrect in the first 10 and I screwed up not answering the last question) and 20 incorrect for Verbal (I forgot to write down how many incorrect i got from the first 10)

Then I just took the 3rd CAT today - Manhattan. The raw score is 16 incorrect in each part, and I've got 6 incorrect from the first 10 in both. So, I'm not sure how accurate it is. Can I rely on the result of my last test? I mean I'm happy with the result cuz I never score this much before but I just want to make sure if I'm actually better.

Regards,
Ja
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 7775 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
GMAT 2: 780  Q50  V50
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Ja,

Hopefully, your score boost is the real deal. Occasionally I will see a student hit a score that they have a hard time replicating, but it is certainly not typical to see that kind of jump just from switching from GMATPrep to ours. Student scores are usually fairly similar from one to the other.

As for the "raw scores," this has to do with the adaptive nature of the GMAT. Your score doesn't depend on how many you get right. At every level, you will end up missing quite a few problems. In fact, even at the 700 level, you will find that you are missing roughly 40% of the problems. What boosts your score is getting more difficult problems correct. Your actual raw scores are the numbers you included after each scaled (200-800) score. On our exam, your verbal raw score greatly exceeded your performance on the two GMATPrep exams. This probably means that you were getting more of the difficult problems correct.

You can learn more about the scoring algorithm if you sit in on one of our free previews, or attend class 1 of our 9-week course as a trial. In either case, you will see a presentation all about how the test is scored and what it means for you as a test-taker.

I hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 2: 690
Send PM
A greet effort to list all the information at one place
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I'll give two advices about the different GMAT Practice Tests:

- The GMAT Prep Software is the BEST source by far. Before taking tests from other source, you have to reinstall the GMAT Prep as many times as possible. When you feel many questions are repeated, you should change to other source.
- MGMAT Tests are evry long. They are much longer than the real one. So don't panic if you finish any section and you still had 6 questions left.
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 7775 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
GMAT 2: 780  Q50  V50
Send PM
Expert Reply
When you say our tests are long, do you mean that you feel the problems take longer to complete? They certainly have the same number of problems.

If anyone is having this difficulty (with our tests or any others), it is important not to allow yourself to time out. One of the most important skills the GMAT tests is your ability to stay on top of time. For most people, this means guessing randomly on some of the toughest-looking problems to avoid falling behind. If you leave the last 6 problems blank, you will be hit with a stiff score penalty!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
How close are the gmatclub tests compared to the actual GMAT test? I heard the problems are difficult compared to what usually appear on GMAT.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Thank you! I'm glad I stumbled across this site. I never imagined the amount of resources available.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 472 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
jamifahad wrote:
Hi guys,
I have collected all the practice tests mentioned here and have put it in a excel sheet. This way it helps me to keep a track of all the practice tests, free or paid, available to me.

Hope it's useful to some of you.

This is great , I was also hoping to prepare a similar one , but could not due to lack of resources
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I gave the free princeton review test yesterday

Score breakup is 620/800

Q 47
V 29

Now in both the sections i had about 20 seconds to answer the last question and in the Q i had chosen the right answer because i'd heard that as long as you choose you get to confirm and in the verbal i chose but a wrong answer Both came up as unanswered even though the options i had selected can be seen in the review.

I have exactly 51 days till my test. Can i get a brief idea of where i stand. My goal is a 720.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you so much for this information.
So glad to find info on all available CATs at one place.

Awesome!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

I am looking to subscribe to Gmat Club tests :

1. Is it 75 $ , 79 $ or 99$. Myultiple prices have been quoted in multiple places on these site, so i am at a bit of jeopardy. Kindly let me know the correct price , as i need only 25 gmat club quant tests.

2. I have gmat tool kit 1.4 iphone app , that comes with 300 hard questions from gmat club quant tests that i will use for practice. Really i am not sure i can solve all 25 tests, so if possible can you please mention the test numbers where these 300 questions are not repeated. that would save a great deal of time. ;)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Access to MGMAT 6 CAT's at 11.99 $ for iphone / ipad / Android / Blackberry users

1. We can access MGMAT online student center to give 6 online CAT's if we buy any book from their store worth 24 $ or take online subscription of 39 $.

2. There's also a alternative way to activate it

3. Download kindle free app from app store for iphone/ipad or from market place for android or repective platform for your smartphone. search for kindle app on amazon to see if your phone supports it.

4. go to amazon.com and search for manhattan Gmat official guide companion kindle.The kindle version costs around 11.99 $ and comes with online access to 6 CAT's and OG Archer. Buy it from amazon.

5. you will get the kindle version immediately and you have the option to transfer it to your device(smarphone) wirelessly when you buy it from amazon.

6. You will recieve an email from amazon about your order / purchase reciept.

Note imp : register for free with manhattan gmat and provide your mail id during registration. Use the same mail id to forward the amazon purchase reciept to manhattan.

7. ) Forward the amazon order/ purchase reciept to books@manhattangmat.com. They will activate your online access and send you instructions on how to access them.

It worked for me and voila , i have access to good mgmat tests. I am saving some money to buy gmat club tests ;)
--------------------------------------------------------
If you find it useful , please give me kudos or exchange your opinions.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
darider wrote:
Hi,

I am looking to subscribe to Gmat Club tests :

1. Is it 75 $ , 79 $ or 99$. Myultiple prices have been quoted in multiple places on these site, so i am at a bit of jeopardy. Kindly let me know the correct price , as i need only 25 gmat club quant tests.

2. I have gmat tool kit 1.4 iphone app , that comes with 300 hard questions from gmat club quant tests that i will use for practice. Really i am not sure i can solve all 25 tests, so if possible can you please mention the test numbers where these 300 questions are not repeated. that would save a great deal of time. ;)

Thanks - it is $99

In the ToolKit, the questions are the hardest questions and taken from tests between 8 and 16 if my memory serves me correctly.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
Thanks bb,

99$ for complete set of 25 quant and 6 verbal tests. Is there a option for me to buy only 25 quant tests ?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
darider wrote:
Thanks bb,

99$ for complete set of 25 quant and 6 verbal tests. Is there a option for me to buy only 25 quant tests ?

It is $99 for 25 quant tests.
The 6 verbal are a free bonus 8-)

P.S. Not a way to buy just the quant. You can buy individual tests if you would like but that's $12.95....
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  28