Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 20:50 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 20:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hello Vster541, thanks for your follow up.

Everyone’s experience is different, so I do not want to unduly influence you with the feats of others.

You are applying to top programs. In my mind, the onus is on you to clearly demonstrate/show/prove what sets you apart from the pack. So, in your roles and positions in and out of work, how you have you raised the bar? How did you performance exceed that of the baseline or the norm or your average peer? When did you go above and beyond what is normally expected of someone in your position? Are there experiences where your individual effort, smarts, personality, assets guarantee the success of a project where a lesser applicant might have failed?

Think about those types of moments – that’s what the admissions committees are looking for. If you performed your job simply fulfilling expectations without exceeding them, then it would be hard to make a case for Harvard to admit you. I’m sure you’ve done impressive things, but you have to identify them and speak to why they set you apart.

I hope this helps – best of luck!
Brian
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]
Hi All,
It will be very helpful if anybody evaluates my profile.
Class X :- 76.2% (C.B.S.E)
Class XII :- 79.2% (C.B.S.E)
B.TECH :- Electrical Engineering from JSS Noida (U.P Technical University)
Work experience :- Diverse demographic work experience of 10 years in EHV Power Transmission Sector.
Key Career Highlights :-
1. 5 years in Jaypee Powergrid Limited (A JV of Jaypee Group and Powergrid) :-
i) Managed construction activities of 400 KV D/C Karcham Wangtoo (Kinnour , Himachal Pradesh) to Abdullapur ( yamunanagar , Haryana) Transmission Line associated with Karcham Wangtoo Hydroelectric Project and 400 KV D/C Nigrie ( Singrauli , M.P ) - Satna ( Satna, M.P) Transmission line associated with Nigrie Super Thermal power Plant.
ii) Active involment in achieving ROW associated with Construction of Transmission Line.
iii) Maintained Field Quality Plan at sites .
iv) Active role in arranging Forest Clearance , PTCC Clearance , Railway Clearance of above said Line.
v) Interacted with contractors L&T Ga,mmon India & Jyoti Structures to complete the project in record time despite very challenging demographic condition.
2. 2 years in EMC Limited :-
i) Managed construction activities of 75 kms. of 400 KV D/C Kashipur ( Uttarakhand) - Roorkee (Uttarakhand) Transmission Line.
ii)Managed construction activities of 15 kms of 400 KV D/C Agra ( U.P) - Sikar ( Rajasthan) Transmission Line.
iii) Coordinated with clients such as Powergrid for smooth completion of Project.
iv) Managed a team of 25 people( employees) and 100 skilled and unskilled labours during construction of above lines.
v) Prepared Monthly project budget , Monthly Progress report , Monthly Target according to L-2 schedule, PV Bills etc.
3. 3 years in South East U.P Power Transmission Company ( A SPV of UPPTCL and Isolux Corsan ( Spanish Conglomerate))
i) Managing and Monitoring of 765 KV S/C Mainpuri ( U.P) - Bara(U.P) Transmission Line CKT-1 & CKT-2,765 KV S/C Mainpuri - Unnao Transmission Line , 400 KV D/C Mainpuri - Aligarh Transmission Line.
ii) Arranged forest clearance , PTCC Clearance of above said Transmission Lines.
iii) Testing and Commissioning of above Transmission Lines.
iv) Managing contractors to complete the project on time.
v) Arranged and carried out inspection of above lines with CEA ( Central Electricity Authority) and Electrical Inspector Safety.
vi) Involved in lot of Public dealings such as arranging ROW , Deciding Compensation etc.

Extra Curricular Activities:-
1. Volunteer of an NGO, which works in the field of education for poor children and also in the field of environment.
2. Nominated by company ( SEUPPTCL) as convenor of CSR activities, which includes free health checkup camps in villages in route of our Transmission Lines.
3.Gold medalist in Kabaddi in Cluster Meet organized by Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan.
4. Silver medalist in Kabaddi in Regional Meet organized by Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan.
5. Member of Cricket team of Electrical engineering department.

I would like to know how much score i need in GMAT to get a call from IIM - A,B,C,L and ISB - Hyderabad. I am planning to write for GMAT in August end.

Also please tell me whether it makes sense to opt for ISB after having 10 years of experience and with a salary in the range of 16 LPA.

Best Regards

Abhishek Singh
Moderator:
1452 posts