Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:04 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Status:Taking heavily leveraged but calculated risks at all times
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT Date: 01-31-2012
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2015
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Re: Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA [#permalink]
Judging by the success of this thread, I'm half serious about changing my long term MBA goal essay to talk about the MBA dating consultancy I intend to found. It'll be great, I'll refer to this very thread as my market research, and put together a high level business case based on take rate, as well as average revenue per client.

My mission statement will be "Every MBA should be able to pursue their dream of a top tier love life". I'll offer a simple value proposition through three key services:
1) I'll work with candidates on an application strategy. I'll identify potential competitive or stretch mates (though I'll recommend a few safeties).
2) I'll work with candidates to clarify their goals, and present themselves in the best possible light
3) Will offer interview/first date simulations with actual or former married people.

Any enterprising 2012 applicants looking for experiential learning opportunties? Single females preferred. Kidding! (okay half kidding).
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
canadianchamp wrote:
Judging by the success of this thread, I'm half serious about changing my long term MBA goal essay to talk about the MBA dating consultancy I intend to found. It'll be great, I'll refer to this very thread as my market research, and put together a high level business case based on take rate, as well as average revenue per client.

My mission statement will be "Every MBA should be able to pursue their dream of a top tier love life". I'll offer a simple value proposition through three key services:
1) I'll work with candidates on an application strategy. I'll identify potential competitive or stretch mates (though I'll recommend a few safeties).
2) I'll work with candidates to clarify their goals, and present themselves in the best possible light
3) Will offer interview/first date simulations with actual or former married people.

Any enterprising 2012 applicants looking for experiential learning opportunties? Single females preferred. Kidding! (okay half kidding).

Now this is BRILLIANT!!

You know I was just working on the "Why MBA?" section of my career goals essay and found myself writing the following:
I wanted to go to law school but the male/female ratios SUCK for women. Then I saw the 65/35 male/female ratio for b-schools and I said, "MBA it is!!"

Too honest?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3468 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Send PM
cheetarah1980 wrote:
canadianchamp wrote:

Now this is BRILLIANT!!

You know I was just working on the "Why MBA?" section of my career goals essay and found myself writing the following:
I wanted to go to law school but the male/female ratios SUCK for women. Then I saw the 65/35 male/female ratio for b-schools and I said, "MBA it is!!"

Too honest?

Haha, partially, yes. But it's candid :D This entire thread is hilarious and makes for a great read :D
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Tuck Class of 2013
Send PM
In about ten days I will see whether Tuck & Dartmouth are good places to find the future mother of my children. But before any precipitated decision, I want to date as many girls as possible to finally solve a dillema: blonde or brunette ? ;-)

Posted from my mobile device
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
MBAUncle wrote:
In about ten days I will see whether Tuck & Dartmouth are good places to find the future mother of my children. But before any precipitated decision, I want to date as many girls as possible to finally solve a dillema: blonde or brunette ? ;-)

No love for the redheads or raven haired girls I see. Sad, so sad. :(
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
cheetarah1980 wrote:
MBAUncle wrote:

No love for the redheads or raven haired girls I see. Sad, so sad. :(

Your blog interests include nappy hair and tae kwon do.... i think they are just scared of you.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Just read through the whole thread again, lol. Love hearing you guys talk about picking up undergrads. I probably should be creeped out slightly since I'm one myself. If I ever meet one of you in person, don't remind me about this thread :P

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [2]
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
GoMannschaftGo wrote:
Undergrads... I get older, they stay the same age :twisted:

The combination of Patrick Bateman avatar and potentialyl inappropriate username makes this the most creepy thing ever posted on gmatclub by a factor of at least 1000.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Tuck - Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Tuck '13 (M)
GPA: 3.93
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
MBAUncle wrote:

Brunette obviously!
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Tuck - Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Tuck '13 (M)
GPA: 3.93
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
RHB wrote:
MBAUncle wrote:

Brunette obviously!

Hmmm I should qualify that by saying that I'm not a girl, otherwise that last post looks a bit odd.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 308 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT Date: 12-27-2011
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
well, it's a very hard question.

if she is in HBS so she is probably smart, so the probability for her being good-hearted or pretty is 1-3C3.

there is an old say: if you want a pretty, smart and good hearted marry 3 wimen. :lol:

my reply should not be taken seriously
Manager
Manager
Send PM
RHB wrote:
RHB wrote:
MBAUncle wrote:

Brunette obviously!

Hmmm I should qualify that by saying that I'm not a girl, otherwise that last post looks a bit odd.

haha! I actually thought you were a brunette!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Quote:
if she is in HBS so she is probably smart, so the probability for her being good-hearted or pretty is 1-3C3.

Burned, brother.

Perhaps this is your wounded "man" pride speaking ;). I know a lot of girls at HBS and you can't just stereotype girls that way, yo. It just won't work. The pretty one? Maybe I can let go. But the good hearted jab? Nope. No, no, no.

(P.S - I'm not really up in arms against you, so don't worry. :P)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
whiplash2411 wrote:
Quote:

Burned, brother.

Perhaps this is your wounded "man" pride speaking ;). I know a lot of girls at HBS and you can't just stereotype girls that way, yo. It just won't work. The pretty one? Maybe I can let go. But the good hearted jab? Nope. No, no, no.

(P.S - I'm not really up in arms against you, so don't worry. :P)

Whippy, I think you just scared the guys into shutting up here ;) :D
SVP
SVP
Send PM
I'm a poor undergrad girl defending her fellow ... Uh. Female species? The guys will survive :P

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Other)
Send PM
whiplash2411 wrote:
Just read through the whole thread again, lol. Love hearing you guys talk about picking up undergrads. I probably should be creeped out slightly since I'm one myself. If I ever meet one of you in person, don't remind me about this thread :P

Hmm nice way saying to be reminded :P

between what a thread :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
Keep this quality thread going, it is rather entertaining. No matter what awful day I have, reading this thread makes me smile. Guys, I heard the term 'thinking outside the box' and how about taking a few classes at other departments. Linguistic and public health has a high female ratio and it would be like shooting fish in a barrel. You would improve our changes dramatically.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  23