Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:13 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation: Front Office to Failed JV [#permalink]
Thanks for the super fast response! Within 12hrs of my post no less. Really appreciate your input, but if you don't mind a question, I wasn't sure what you meant when you asked if "is it clever to leave off Finance? Should you anyways revolve your goals around finance?"

The theme of my application would be that I would be going to business school precisely because I want to reattempt an entrepreneurial effort with a stronger knowledge foundation on how to run and manage a business. Wouldn't it weaken my message if I said I might possibly be interested in going back to finance (my first preference will always be to start my own venture, but I wouldn't mind putting the time in an investment bank to build more capital - I cashed out profitably in the volatile equity markets during 2009 where I bet all my bonus money. This was a big factor in explaining my risky career decision)

Thanks for the suggestion of LBS and IMD but because I intend to continue to offset the cost of my studies with reselling activities on my part, studying in Europe where I have absolutely no idea about the sourcing channels would be unlikely. I don't want two years of business school to empty out my bank account. :( Insead is only in my list because they have an Asia campus which would allow me to be closer to HK/Shenzhen (cheap 3hr air flights)

And agreed. I didn't consider Stanford at all because of their reputation for picking young blood. Did not realize Harvard was as bad.

Sorry for such a windy post. After this clarification I will only request more help if I decide to engage your services. One should always be compensated for one's efforts. ;) Cheers and thanks again!
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Well, one of the reasons I suggested having a look at European schools is that tend to be more global than US schools, so it may fit your needs, and usually spending a year or two is enough to get you connections. But that's up to you.

As for your question r.e. your goals, the point is that sometimes your goals need to be strategized to give you the best chances possible of getting accepted. And I wrote questions and not answers because it's something that requires both work and thought, so we would only figure it out once we start working together.

Hope this helps you good sir!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General
Schools:Columbia
Send PM
deleted. wrong post.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you, that helps so much. I think I understand what you mean, especially since the strength of some of these schools lie in their placements with bulge brackets and consulting firms. By the way, your website is excellent, and I especially like your analysis of the application questions for the top schools. I'm really conflicted as to whether or not to retain your services. I'll start my essays first and make the decisions once I have the rough drafts ready.
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Well, you let us know. And thanks for the compliments on the Website. If there's anything we can do to help you resolve your conflict, i.e. any questions whatever, just shoot us an email.
Moderator:
Admissionado
9216 posts