Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 12:47 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 12:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72858 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink]
Expert Reply
prateekbhatt wrote:
are manhattan 6 mocks worth to buy?

Yes, though most folks get them for free by buying one of the MGMAT guides (the 6 tests are included with the purchase of each book, which are $15-20 each vs $39 for the MGMAT tests)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
hey buddies.

I want to buy "Online Practice CAT Exams & 8 Question Banks" from Manhattan. does any of you have Promotional codes? Or do you know a way to purchase it at lower rate?

Original price is $70.40.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Send PM
Wow!! this is awesome!!!...thnx a lot :-D :-D :-D
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72858 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Expert Reply
meweadl wrote:
hey buddies.

I want to buy "Online Practice CAT Exams & 8 Question Banks" from Manhattan. does any of you have Promotional codes? Or do you know a way to purchase it at lower rate?

Original price is $70.40.

You can get them free if you buy their books in Print or Electronic format....
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
yes even ill go with top 4-5 tests....Quality matters not quantity
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Finance, Human Resources
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
WE:Web Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi,

i took manhattan Cat 1 and found the quant to be really tough. The questions were really long and calculations were there that cannot be comlpleted in 2mins. can anyone confirm if the quant section on the gmat is similar beacuse OG questions are not that long and can be comleted within 2 mins.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi,

i have my GMAT scheduled comming week. i have got the following scores in different prep tests

1. GMAT Prep (1st time - 2weeks back) - 690
2. MGMAT ( 2nd CAT test) - 590
3. Kaplans (2nd CAT test) - 540
4. GMAT Prep (2nd test) - 640
5. MGMAT ( 1st test) - 590

i am unable to arrive at a conclusion on how will my actual score look like :x ,

please provide an input.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Well got a lot of tests to do. Thanks for the detailed review
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
GPA: 2.9
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
good stuff... thanks for the info.
The test at "gmatlive" doesn't have AWA sections though!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 397 [0]
Send PM
bb wrote:
For all your GMAT Test Needs - overview of GMAT Tests, GMAT CAT Tests, Free Tests, and of course member reviews!
(remember that a good GMAT score is not based on how many tests you have taken, but how well you have mastered the fundamentals. Get a good GMAT Book before rushing into tests - don't run before you walk)
Please feel free to comment or reply to this thread and share your opinion about the tests you have taken.

Want to know how various tests correlate to the final GMAT Score?

Try our GMAT Score Calculator - it is free

[rating1]yellow/052153761[/rating1]
1. GMAT Prep
CAT: Yes
Free Tests: Yes - 2 (can be taken multiple times)
Price: Free tests only
Bottom Line: Practice tests distributed by the GMAC, the administrator of the GMAT. GMAT Prep is the only test that contains real GMAT Questions and is undoubtedly the best predictor of the final GMAT Score, which makes this product extremely valuable at the end of preparation and many believe should not be "wasted" on pre-prep analysis.
GMAT Club Member Comments: "This is by far the most accurate and realistic."
Download Link: www.mba.com
Read how to maximize, reinstall, and go behind the scenes

[rating1]yellow/052153762[/rating1]
2. GMAT Club's Tests
CAT: No
Free Tests: Yes - 2 to any gmat club member or all for any member with 200 posts (other options available)
Price: all tests are free for members with 200 posts; otherwise access to all tests is available for $99
Bottom Line: Our in-house tests developed to challenge anyone and bring out the best in the 700+ seekers. Hardest questions on the market.
GMAT Club Member Comments: “Excellent tool for improving your Quant to the top level. As the name implies these tests were designed to challenge you. With some effort from your side they help you learn how to solve tough Quant questions. The Challenges cover all necessary areas of Quant section such as Algebra, Geometry, Statistics, Probability, Combinations/Permutation etc." More...
Results correlation to GMAT can be found here.
Link: https://gmatclub.com/wiki/GMAT_Tests

[rating1]yellow/05215376355[/rating1]
2.1. GMAT Club Diagnostic GMAT Test
Free Tests: Yes - Completely Free Test
Bottom Line: Community project to create world's best GMAT diagnostic test relying on member feedback - download the test for free in PDF format!
Link: gmat-diagnostic-test-quest-for-best-gmat-diagnostic-test-79502.html

[rating1]yellow/052153764[/rating1]
3. Kaplan GMAT
Free Tests: Yes - 1 Free Kaplan Test
Price: $30 for 4 full-length practice tests on CD if you purchase Kaplan GMAT 2009 Premier Program book
Bottom Line: Good Value as Kaplan guides are solid. In addition, we recommend Kaplan Math Workbook and Kaplan Verbal Workbook for more in-depth review. Up to 9 tests are available with purchase of preparation packages.
GMAT Club Member Comments: "Good tricks and though questions in both Math and Verbal. Kaplan CATs will force you to think in the right direction. In general, results from Kaplan are lower then results from actual GMAT (due to marketing reasons, most likely) therefore do not be discouraged by low scores."
Link: https://www.kaptest.com/Business/GMAT

[rating1]yellow/052153766[/rating1]
4. Knewton
Price: 1 free test
Bottom Line: Company was started by the GMAC and Kaplan employees and is very promising. A 7-day trial of the course included with the free test.
Forum users comments: "The questions did seem representative of the real exam, but I didn't receive enough difficult questions and I thought the scoring was awkward." To learn more about the company and what GMAT Club members had to say, visit Knewton course Review.
Link: https://www.knewton.com/gmat/pricing

[rating1]yellow/052153763[/rating1]
5. Manhattan GMAT Tests
Free Tests: Yes - 1 Free Test
Price: $39 if bought separately or Free if you purchase MGMAT Guides - each strategy guide comes with access to 6 tests - see full listing of MGMAT Guides
Bottom Line: Second to GMAT Prep only (and maybe our tests ;)) - fairly accurate scoring. Great value.
GMAT Club Member Comments: “In general, the results on real GMAT are in +/- 40 point range compared to MGMAT. Very good tool for personal evaluation, which helps to find week spots in your knowledge. Highly recommended if you want to check on your preparation progress."
Link: https://www.manhattangmat.com/Store.cfm

[rating1]yellow/052153765[/rating1]
6. Princeton Review
Price: Access to 4 online tests comes with Cracking the GMAT
2-5 tests, included in online courses, Price depends on a package $132+
Bottom Line: Overall is a good practice if starting from scratch and targeting 600 to 700 range.
GMAT Club Member Comments: “PR is very good as a refresher. The Princeton CATs are designed for those starting on basics concepts. As a result the Quant section seems to be primitive compared with Manhattan GMAT or Kaplan.”
Link: https://www.princetonreview.com/business ... -test.aspx

[rating1]yellow/0521537612[/rating1]
7. Veritas
Free Tests: Yes - online free test
Price: Veritas Prep offers 7 Diagnostic Quizzes created by Veritas Prep and 17 practice tests: 5 GMAT Simulator exams (full length practice tests created by Veritas Prep), 5 GMAT Life exams, written and tested by Veritas Prep, and five 800Score tests. Students also get access to GMAC's two GMAT Prep tests through the Veritas Prep student portal.
Bottom Line: Veritas provides a compilation of tests from different test providers mentioned above (2 GMATprep and 5 tests from 800score) as well as their own content.
Forum users comments: has-anyone-taken-the-veritas-prep-s-gmat-simulator-cat-exams-92320.html
Link: https://www.veritasprep.com

Other GMAT Tests & Products

[rating1]yellow/052153766[/rating1]
GMAT Focus
Free Tests: No
Price: 1 for $25; 3 for $65
Bottom Line: Definitely a good practice for Quant if you have some extra money to spend. Unfortunately some questions overlap with the OG 12. For more info go here
GMAT Club Member Comments: "GMAT Focus is expensive but worth every cent." "If you don't mind the price of them, I think the GMAT Focus tests are pretty good. The big advantage is that they probably have a more-updated scoring algorithm, so you get an idea of where you're actually scoring for Quant. And it seemed to me that the types of questions were more recent (harder than OG, if you're scoring at a high Quant level).But if I had only $80 to spend, I'd probably buy the GMAT Club tests - you'll get 25 very good tests (with ~37 questions each) instead of 3 tests (with 24 questions each)." (Source)
Link: https://www.gmatfocus.com

[rating1]yellow/052153767[/rating1]
Powerprep
Free Tests: Yes
Price: Free tests only - Download
Bottom Line: Powerprep are practice tests distributed by the GMAC, before 2006, and were replaced by GMAT Prep.
GMAT Club Member Comments: "Its worth doing if you're looking for extra test simulations, however, don't be lulled into a false sense of security if you score high. There are many repeats from OG, you will score very high...". "Powerprep wasn't truly adaptive, so it's not overly useful anymore. It won't mimic your real GMAT experience. "

[rating1]yellow/052153768[/rating1]
800score
Free Tests: Yes - 1 Downloadable Quant Test
Price: 5 downloadable tests for $24.95
Forum users comments: Quant section is challenging, while Verbal is of no challenge whatsoever. So don't get disappointed with low Quant score and do not rely on high results from Verbal as an indicator of mastering this section. Some more polishing still could be done since spelling errors and missing information happens in the test questions. Nevertheless can be a useful preparation tool in addition to other CATs.
Link: https://www.800score.com

[rating1]yellow/0521537610[/rating1]
CrackGMAT
Free Tests: Yes - 1 Downloadble Test
Price/Description: 5 downloadable tests for $19.95
Forum users comments: "This tests have nothing in common with Princeton Review book “Cracking the GMAT”. Even though Quant section can be of some use I find it reasonable to conclude that Crack-GMAT materials do not adequately reflect the standards of the GMAT questions. Most questions appeared to have been prepared for the Indian CAT exam. Please avoid working with Crack-GMAT materials." (Source)
Link: https://www.crack-gmat.com

[rating1]yellow/0521537611[/rating1]
CATprep (Upstart Raising)
Free Tests: Yes - Free Demonstration test
Price: 1 – 5 exams, $14.99 - $45
Forum users comments: “I don't know how accurate they are though. I took 2 exams from there and seems like they tend to score really harsh. For example, I have been scoring consistently about 48-50 Q on GMATprep and Manhattan CAT, but on the simulator, my quant score was only 43.” "Aside from the questionable calculations, I didn't think the test felt very adaptive."
“I have never heard of catprep.com...I wouldn't go with unknown tests at all. There are plenty of reliable tests out there.”
Link: https://www.catprep.com/exams/gmat/

[rating1]yellow/052153769[/rating1]
Petersons
Free Tests: No
Price: 3 for 19.95
Forum users comments: "My in-test experience with the Peterson CAT was pretty bad. The questions were often too obvious or downright difficult to figure out [...] the quality of the tests and the way Peterson calculates their scores is off.. " (Source)
Link: https://www.petersons.com/testprep/gmat_practicetest.asp

[rating1]yellow/0521537614[/rating1]
GMATlive
Price/Description: 10 for $35
Forum users comments: Read here
Link: https://www.gmatlive.com

[rating1]yellow/0521537615[/rating1]
GMATscore
Price/Description: 4 tests- $27.95
Forum users comments: N/A yet. If you have any feedback, please contribute.
Link: https://www.gmatscore.com

[rating1]yellow/0521537616[/rating1]
4tests.com
Price: free/practice
Bottom Line: This is just a sample test. Not sure if it worth spending time on it unless you want to practice more questions. No sign-up needed.
Forum users comments: N/A yet. If you have any feedback, please contribute.
Link: https://www.4tests.com/exams/examdetail.asp?eid=31

[rating1]yellow/0521537617[/rating1]
Platinum GMAT
Price: free - no sign up required
https://www.platinumgmat.com/gmat-practice-test/

Also, see previous thread from 2006-2008 on this subject: cats-ratings-from-various-test-providers-29703.html
Attachment:
gmat score calculator button.gif

I am planning to take these All,Lets See!. Thanks to the moderator.
Given Kudos:
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Hi,

I gave the powerprep test 1,I have 2 doubts:
1. when i review the test they show only answers for 28 questions instead of 37.Whats the flaw in it??

2.And,i planned to give sectional tests,like 1-day Quantitative and then 2-day Verbal,when done so it doesnot give the review of the "only" section done.

Please help.

P.S:I hope i have posted the question in the relevant section.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
how accurate are kaplan cd tests' scores?
i have my exam after 12 days and i took two tests from the kaplan cd..
my target is 700, but i got a very disappointing 560 and a 570!!
wat to do??
my verbal teacher says they are not that much different from the actual gmat score!
:(((
my morale has got down:((
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
just for info if any cares - i took the MGMAT Challenge Set 2 under GMAT Club's Test Center free tests

in one of questions there seems to be error in the formula given in the description of the question. "pi" is missing.

Question goes like this (without formulas that don't copy)

Four concentric circles share the same center. The smallest circle has a radius of 1 inch. For greater than 1, the area of the th smallest circle in square inches, , is given by .

What is the sum of the areas of the four circles, divided by the sum of their circumferences, in inches?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 860 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Pardon me if this question has been addressed before, but do any of the GMATprep questions overlap with that of OG12?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

New to the forum and had a question (might be dumb) regarding the GMAT Prep tests (1 and 2). I downloaded all the gmatprep questions from GMATClub (word document) and was wondering if the questions are exactly the same if I were to take the GMATPrep test sometime down the road? Hopefully the questions are not the same otherwise the test will not be a clear reflection of my score when I do it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT Date: 03-10-2012
Send PM
Hi all,

this list on page 1 is usefull. Thanks.
But I have still one question (maybe I am blind).
I've just finished my first Kaplan CAT (the free one), now I want to purchase more. Is that possible? Or are there other CATs that I can buy without buying a book for example.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2131 [0]
Given Kudos: 193
 Q29  V6 GMAT 3: 430  Q31  V19
Send PM
How do i get Veritas own 7 simulated tests only . i keep trying to find an option on Veritas web page but can't find it.

Thanks
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  28