Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:56 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 521 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: CBS Class of 2014
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance
Schools: CBS '14 (M)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
According to the Key Deadlines portion of the Tuck website (https://www.tuck.dartmouth.edu/uploads/c ... ctions.pdf) those applying EA have to complete their interview no later than October 31, which is about three weeks after the October 12 submission date. Does anyone know how we tackle that part of the app that asks "Have you interviewed on campus?" Do we just forward date it if we are applying EA, but schedule an interview between October 13-31? They aren't currently offering interview slots that far out, but I would have to imagine that they plan to do so given that they are saying you have to complete your interview by October 31.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Tuck - Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Schools: Tuck '13 (M)
GPA: 3.93
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Here's a few more articles featuring Dartmouth and Hanover:

Hanover 6th best place to live in the USA: https://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2011/snapshots/PL3333780.html

A nice article on the MBA jobs market:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattsymonds/2011/08/03/a-resurgent-m-b-a-jobs-market/

More insight into the Tuck alumni network:
https://www.businessweek.com/business-sc ... 52011.html

P.s. All of the T13's are about to start orientation week on Monday so if you don't hear from us it's because we are incredibly busy. Also, of the few T13's who post on GMAT club, I'm sharing an apartment with one of them, and another was one of eleven people on my pre-term program. Tuck really is a small and intimate community.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Real Estate
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
Send PM
I was originally planning on applying EA to Tuck. However, I have been informed that I should be promoted by year's end so I am now planning to wait until the January round to apply. Does anyone know whether there is a disadvantage to applying in the January round versus the EA and November round? I apologize if this question has already been posted.
Current Student
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
mbarealestate wrote:
I was originally planning on applying EA to Tuck. However, I have been informed that I should be promoted by year's end so I am now planning to wait until the January round to apply. Does anyone know whether there is a disadvantage to applying in the January round versus the EA and November round? I apologize if this question has already been posted.

On average, EA's acceptance rate is the highest of all rounds. Grant it, we are talking a few percentage points. If Tuck is your first choice, I would make applying in EA a priority for two reasons: 1). Slightly higher acceptance rate 2). If accepted, you will know by mid-December and won't have to spend money or time on other applications.

November and January rounds see the highest application volume.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [1]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Earlier in the process the AD's are still trying to create the skeleton for the class so your chances are inherently better. As the class begins to take shape, they get more focused on the needs to ensure diversity in the class. With the class size at Tuck I would imagine this is even a bigger factor here then at other universities. The earlier you can submit your application, the better your chances are.

Again this is assuming the improvements made in your application between the EA round and round 2 would be marginal. If there are significant improvements, It is always worthwhile to ensure you are putting your best foot forward
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: CBS Class of 2014
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance
Schools: CBS '14 (M)
Send PM
Kudos
If you haven't already... make sure you visit the campus before you submit your application. I think most current Tuck students and alum on the site would say the same thing. Tuck is probably the only school where fit will really trump a lot of other things and the more "love" you show for the school the better your app will be. You can't get this kind of feeling until you've visited. With the location being in a rural setting (very rural), you really need to know that you can commit to living there for 2 years if admitted. The admission committee wants people who genuinely know they want to be a Tuckie and who they think will be successful in that environment... not to mention actually attend if admitted. If you're really aiming at attending next fall, I would scheduled your class visit & interview within the next 2-3 weeks and get that app submitted by October 14th.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [0]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
I would like to adress the question to current Tuck students.

How generous is Tuck in scholarships? What amount of scholarship and other financial aid did you (or someone whom you know) receive from Tuck?

thanks in advance.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Pkit wrote:

How generous is Tuck in scholarships? What amount of scholarship and other financial aid did you (or someone whom you know) receive from Tuck?

thanks in advance.

Speaking for myself, it's hard to say. I was happy with my package. It's kind of like GMAT scores. Once you are enrolled, nobody asks. Same with money.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Schools: Tuck '14 ISB HKUST
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Pkit wrote:

thanks in advance.

Even I'd like to know the same :)

Also Im not able to view any of the comparative data in the first post even though I've added Tuck to my schools! Some1 please help :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2013
Send PM
meprarth wrote:
Pkit wrote:

thanks in advance.

Even I'd like to know the same :)

Also Im not able to view any of the comparative data in the first post even though I've added Tuck to my schools! Some1 please help :)

From what I see it is not customary here to talk about scholarship money. Tuck attracts very impressive but humble people! Based on the statistics, 15% of Tuckies receive merit scholarship. I don't know the numbers for other types of financial aid though.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Eestiniu, are you saying that inquiring about the amount of scholarship/fellowship money that is awarded by Tuck is somehow an indication of ones humility, or lack thereof? I am confused here. It is possible that I may have misinterpreted your response to their questions as this has been quite a long day for me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2013
Send PM
cauxion wrote:
Eestiniu, are you saying that inquiring about the amount of scholarship/fellowship money that is awarded by Tuck is somehow an indication of ones humility, or lack thereof? I am confused here. It is possible that I may have misinterpreted your response to their questions as this has been quite a long day for me.

By no means inquiring is an indication of humility. I apologize if it sounded wrong on my behalf. What I was trying to say is that noone really talks about it here or at least I haven't come across anyone who would talk about the $ amount they have received from school.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Schools: Tuck '14 ISB HKUST
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
On what basis is scholarship given?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
eestineiu is right, generally people don't talk too much about scholarships. I have spoken to several people who told me that they have gotten them but we did not discuss actual dollar amounts.

It seems to be pretty rare to be awarded a scholarship but I think that Tuck does everything in it's power to ensure that if you are accepted you will be able to afford the course. I was very happy with my package, I was awarded exactly what I needed to be able to afford and attend and I believe that the adcom and financial aid office planned it that way.

Scholarships are given based both on merit and on need. I.e. some money is used to help recruit exceptional people that the adcom really want to attend the course, and some money is used to ensure that those who receive an offer are able to attend.

Hope this helps...

Also, here's another article that puts Tuck in a good light: https://poetsandquants.com/2011/09/01/th ... -startups/
Current Student
Send PM
RHB is exactly right. The school does a great job at making sure that if you are accepted you can attend. If you can afford the application fee, apply and hope for the best.
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 521 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
Send PM
If you were offered scholarship money, did Tuck notify you about that when admitting you, or at a later time?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Send PM
cano wrote:
If you were offered scholarship money, did Tuck notify you about that when admitting you, or at a later time?

Same phone call.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  70   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts