Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:04 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
WE:Marketing (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 139 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
Ah, how I do not miss the application process.

I'm really praying hard that in 2016, a couple of years after graduating, I will be saying the very same words on GMATClub... :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
I will be in Chicago for Chicago Booth Live in a couple weeks -- anyone else? gonna be applying round 1 to booth.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.54
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
In for R2
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: Booth '13 (M)
Send PM
rhyme wrote:
Ah, how I do not miss the application process.

+1
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2013
GPA: 3.95
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Jacksparrow1906 wrote:
Is anyone else here interested in their international mba? If so, does anyone have any info on their language requirements, for instance, they require knowledge of another language and the ability to demonstrate it. I'm wondering what level of proficiency is necessary and further, if it is any language, or specific languages?

I don't think there are restrictions on language other than you need to show proficiency in a second language (i.e., the language can't be the native language of your home country). Proficiency is measured through a test called the Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI), which is a 30-minute oral test administered over the phone by The American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL). I think you need to have at least an advanced low level for the IMBA. You can pass this test as late as three weeks before graduation, although it is advised to test early to see if you need to study and test again.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I sent an e-mail to admissions 4 days ago but haven't gotten a response, maybe someone can assist me:

In the work experience section of the application, it asks me to input my starting compensation annual bonus and my ending compensation annual bonus.

Does 'starting compensation annual bonus,' mean the bonus I received during my first year at the company?

And then would 'ending compensation annual bonus,' mean the bonus I received over the course of the last 12 months?

I don't understand how these bonuses differ from each other.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 139 [1]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
MDF wrote:
I sent an e-mail to admissions 4 days ago but haven't gotten a response, maybe someone can assist me:

In the work experience section of the application, it asks me to input my starting compensation annual bonus and my ending compensation annual bonus.

Does 'starting compensation annual bonus,' mean the bonus I received during my first year at the company?

And then would 'ending compensation annual bonus,' mean the bonus I received over the course of the last 12 months?

Yes, your understanding is correct. For example -
You joined a firm in 2007 and the bonus for that year was $15,000. That would be your starting bonus. The bonus you got in 2011 was say $25,000. that would be your ending bonus. That's the difference.
The difference will get exaggerated the longer you've been with the same firm. It is also a reflection of the growth of your salary within a firm which more or less will extrapolate to your professional growth in the organization...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
MDF wrote:

Will you let us know when the admissions office replies?

I'd be curious to hear their official answer. In my case, I know that I will a specific $ bonus in summer 2012, so, in my mind, that should be what I enter for "ending annual bonus".
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
BStand wrote:

I'd be curious to hear their official answer. In my case, I know that I will a specific $ bonus in summer 2012, so, in my mind, that should be what I enter for "ending annual bonus".

Sure, hopefully they'll get back to me soon as I'm about ready to press submit.

My bonus comes in as commission sporadically throughout the year. So I'm figuring my starting bonus as the sum of the bonuses I received during my first 12 months at the job and my ending bonus as the sum of bonuses I've received from September 2010 thru September 2011 (specially the sum of bonuses received over the 12 months prior to submitting my application).
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [0]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM

With the Round One application deadline approaching on October 12, we want to provide you with an opportunity to have your questions about the admissions process answered. We hope you'll join us today for a live chat at 11am CT. Chat with the Admissions team about the 2011-2012 application, including topics related to essays, transcripts, and letters of recommendation.

Link https://chicagobooth.askadmissions.net/a ... qTGSRBgQ9e
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
BStand wrote:

I asked this question at Booth's live chat this morning. Their response was:

Carrie: Hi, MDF. You would enter the annual bonus you received during your first year, and your most recent annual bonus for the ending bonus.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
MDF wrote:
BStand wrote:

I asked this question at Booth's live chat this morning. Their response was:

Carrie: Hi, MDF. You would enter the annual bonus you received during your first year, and your most recent annual bonus for the ending bonus.

I saw that. Thanks for asking. I asked a follow-up question, but it did not get picked up during the chat.

In my case, I've been at my employer for one bonus, but I already know what my second bonus will be (it's higher though it hasn't been paid yet). Using the logic above, I would enter my first bonus as both my "starting" and "ending" bonus; however, if the data is used to show career progression, then it would be incomplete information if I didn't show my upcoming bonus as my "ending compensation".

I know this is a VERY minor part of the application, so no use in stressing too much. I'll just follow the formula from the adcom to be safe.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 774 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
tlbkcal wrote:
Does anyone know why the recommender's questions appear hidden this year? I found a link: https://www.chicagobooth.edu/fulltime/ad ... tters.aspx, but it appears to be an orphaned link with no where in the site pointing to it. It doesn't even appear to be in the online application. Are the questions in the link the right ones? Or just carried over from last year? or both?

Hey! I went to this link bout couldn't see the recommender's question? looks like its really hidden! could you point out exactly where it is or how does one go about finding it?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 774 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Do the recommenders get specific questions to answer or they have to just have to write out the complete recommendation as one piece? any idea on the type of questions that the recommenders get?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
hey for the slides are you guys focusing entirely on stuff that is NOT represented in your resume/essays? ? im using mine to tell a story so im going to obviously have some overlap but im wondering how much overlap may be a bad thing -- obv want to show off whats not in the rest of your resume or essays but also dont want to have gaps in the story
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
WE:Marketing (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
shorttheworld wrote:
hey for the slides are you guys focusing entirely on stuff that is NOT represented in your resume/essays? ? im using mine to tell a story so im going to obviously have some overlap but im wondering how much overlap may be a bad thing -- obv want to show off whats not in the rest of your resume or essays but also dont want to have gaps in the story

From my understanding, the slides should focus on adding context to your "story" and should not repeat things you've already told them through your essays and resume.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  117   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts