Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 20:05 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 20:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
Send PM
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 153 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
Re: Cambridge Judge 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
CambridgeMBA wrote:
You can read about the employment prospects of the Cambridge class who graduated a year ago at
https://www.jbs.cam.ac.uk/mba/careers/report.html

I should say that career outcomes are very much related to an individual's prior work experience, academics, and also the state of the market. I would say that consulting hiring has increased in Cambridge in the last year.

Conrad Chua
Head MBA Admissions
Cambridge Judge Business School

Hmm, don`t you think average of 7 years of WE is a bit too much and may discourage younger applicants with , say, 3 years of WE from applying ?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Haha, i have the opposite problem. I have 12 years of work experience and fear I have too much! :)
Send PM
It really depends on the quality of your work experience. It is true that most consulting firms take younger candidates. Although the average work experience of our class is 7 years, we do take in students with only three years of work experience if they can demonstrate a level of maturity equal to someone more senior.

It is also true that it becomes more difficult to shift careers the older one gets. However, there are students who make a career transition after many successful years in their industry. These students have to demonstrate a compelling case for their proposed career shift, and also show a high level of adaptability. Most importantly, they have to work hard to network, prepare for case interviews, work on their CVs and cover letters etc.

Conrad Chua
Head MBA Admissions
Cambridge Judge Business School.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Hi Conrad,

Where may I find more information about Cambridge's program, with respect to innovation and entrepreneurship?

Thank you
enkie
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 167 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Send PM
Thanks Conrad to join this thread. I have been following your blog. Infact, I have posted some of your comments about the UK visa in my blog.

Like Enkie, I also have too much of experience...:-) But I feel comfortable to know that I will be associated with more experienced people in the class.

Conrad - I understand that the Cambridge team is visiting New York on July 23rd. Can you please let me know if there is any plan to visit the west coast? Also, if selected for the interview, I would rather prefer a face-to-face interview. Please let me know if there will be a presence of an interview panel on Nov 14th in the US.
Send PM
There is some information about entrepeneurship on our website but I will admit it is not exactly expressed that clearly. We are working on a set of videos involving MBAs who are interested in entrepreneurship and these will be posted in the next few months (I interviewed the first group last week). Is there a specific question that you have in mind?

We will be visiting the West Coast but later in the year, probably late September early October.

The interview schedules are on our website and yes, if you apply by the first deadline, and are shortlisted, you have the option of an on-campus interview on the 14th of October.

Conrad Chua
Head MBA Admissions
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hey Conrad. In general, do you discourage people who already have a Cambridge degree from applying? I did Part III Maths some years ago.
Send PM
@LatinAmericanMBA

We do not discourage, or encourage candidates who already have a degree from Cambridge from applying.

Conrad Chua
Head, MBA Admissions
Follow me @CambridgeMBA
Manager
Manager
Send PM
As you all know, the cambridge application is open. Here are the essays -

Please provide a personal statement. It should not exceed 500 words and must include the following: *

What are your short and long term career objectives?
What skills/characteristics do you already have that will help you to achieve them?
What do you hope to gain from the degree programme and how do you feel it will help you achieve the career objectives you have?

What are the key issues facing organisations in your sector over the next three years? What course of action would you recommend to such organisations? (up to 300 words)

What did you learn from your most spectacular failure? (up to 200 words)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Guys...how are things...How is your apping going?

I finished two essays. I must say that I love Cambridge essays, especially "key issues facing organisations". It's very unique and shows the academic maturity.

Now, I am getting into the details. I have one question if anyone is listening here :-)

How the below essay should be used? There are some aspects that I want to highlight but I am not getting an opportunity to highlight it. For example, I have involved in the merger and acquisitions. Should i mention about it here? The general thump rule is that do not answer unless you have to. But I have always been the nut case :-) So what you think..

Please provide information on any aspect of your candidacy that requires further explanation, or information that you would like the Admissions Committee to know (300 word limit).
Manager
Manager
Send PM
It's very dry here. Anyone there?

Well, I am trying to finish the application by this weekend. Let's see. Anyone going to SFO to attend the MBA fair???
Send PM
@talk2vj Sorry we are not attending the San Francisco fair this year because of scheduling clashes but we did hold an information session over dinner in SFO about three weeks ago. Hope you managed to attend that one. If not, the best way to learn more is through our facebook page or by following my twitter feed @CambridgeJBS.

I have also posted an article on our admissions blog (www.thecambridgembaadmissions.com) giving an overview of the class that just started this week. Welcome any comments or questions.

All the best to those who are submitting their applications before the deadline this Friday.

Conrad Chua
Head MBA Admissions
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Just completed my app, yay!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I did yesterday night. :-)

But Cambridge application experience was very different.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
talk2vj wrote:
I did yesterday night. :-)

But Cambridge application experience was very different.

Different from what?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
For example, the first essay was definitely different. Given the word limit, it became harder to draft an excellent essay. But I believe, I gave my best shot.

Also, having 11 years of work experience, I could not fit in everything in the resume. And having a strong background in the volunteering, I could not find any place to demonstrate it. I did mention as much as I could under the interest section in CV. I have used up the additional question to highlight other aspects of my background that was necessary so I didn't have any space left to talk about my engagement with so many other non-profit organizations.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
talk2vj wrote:
For example, the first essay was definitely different. Given the word limit, it became harder to draft an excellent essay. But I believe, I gave my best shot.

Also, having 11 years of work experience, I could not fit in everything in the resume. And having a strong background in the volunteering, I could not find any place to demonstrate it. I did mention as much as I could under the interest section in CV. I have used up the additional question to highlight other aspects of my background that was necessary so I didn't have any space left to talk about my engagement with so many other non-profit organizations.

Hahha i have the same problem. I also have 11 years of work experience. If we both get admitted and attend, we'll be the old farts. :)
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts