Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:13 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: Considering career track in business [#permalink]
It will be the cumulative undergraduate GPA. Some schools ask you to also list your GPA by year and you major GPA to provide more data points for their decision.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
johnnymac wrote:
It will be the cumulative undergraduate GPA. Some schools ask you to also list your GPA by year and you major GPA to provide more data points for their decision.

Yeah that's what I was afraid of. I think my major GPA was around a 3.3 but like I said the cumulative is a 2.84.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: International Business, Operations
GMAT 1: 570 Q41 V27
GPA: 2.62
WE:Operations (Transportation)
Send PM
Keep in mind that business school is different than law school in that it is a post-work experience degree/experience. You said you graduated last year, what have you done since?

A good GMAT score can HELP your undergrad record in general, although it doesn't replace it.

I don't know much about what you want to do, but a JD/MBA dual-degree could be a good fit. I believe most programs last 4 years, but I could be wrong.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools:Kellogg '10
 Q46  V47
Send PM
One thing to keep in mind is that for most people who get an MBA the whole process and mindset is different from people who get JDs. A law degree is pretty much a required pre-requisite. Your law career generally doesn't begin until you have that degree. A career in the business side of business is different. For most of us, myself included, the career has been ongoing for years and the MBA is just a springboard to help you further that career (or to help you change the direction of that career).

My point in saying this is that I think it might be premature to start thinking of what you want out of an MBA when you don't really know what you want out of a career. My advice would be to try to build experience in the areas you refer to as soon as possible. See what you like and don't like. See what you're good at and aren't good at. After a couple of years in the workforce you'll have a whole new perspective on whether you want an MBA and what you want to get out of it. Then the whole MBA search/application process will be a lot clearer and more satisfying.

It's good to think ahead, but don't get too ahead of yourself!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you all for your advice.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
Math Expert
92900 posts