Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:19 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
CIO
CIO
Own Kudos [?]: 1357 [0]
Given Kudos: 334
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.33
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
KPrizzle wrote:
goodbyeboy wrote:
Hey guys,

I was surprised to see that there was no post on this thread...how did the interviews go for you guys? Good luck everybody :-D

I was surprised as well. I guess there's not much to post. Interview I had was very laid back and easy going. Anyone else?

Same here - the interviewer was really nice and easy going and made me feel really comfortable. So far I love the vibe I'm getting from Owen.....fingers crossed until 11/22! Can't wait to find out the decision.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
goodbyeboy wrote:
KPrizzle wrote:
goodbyeboy wrote:
Hey guys,

I was surprised to see that there was no post on this thread...how did the interviews go for you guys? Good luck everybody :-D

I was surprised as well. I guess there's not much to post. Interview I had was very laid back and easy going. Anyone else?

Same here - the interviewer was really nice and easy going and made me feel really comfortable. So far I love the vibe I'm getting from Owen.....fingers crossed until 11/22! Can't wait to find out the decision.

Anything interesting these days for anyone? No? Nothing?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Send PM
Nothing yet. I was worried b/c it took them a while to update my application status checklist, but looks like everything's checked and I guess all I have to do is wait now. I can't wait to hear back from the school....fingers crossed until 11/22.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: International Business, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.93
Send PM
has anyone received the email from Owen? The waiting is killing me
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Send PM
CJ703 wrote:
has anyone received the email from Owen? The waiting is killing me

Same here. Nothing yet. I wonder what's going on?

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
Just checked MyOwen site and it says "Your Application Status: Offered Admission".....PHEW! I can breathe now. :-D I haven't received an e-mail from them yet though, so make sure to check the site.

Good luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 650 Q51 V27
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
goodbyeboy wrote:
Just checked MyOwen site and it says "Your Application Status: Offered Admission".....PHEW! I can breathe now. :-D I haven't received an e-mail from them yet though, so make sure to check the site.

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations goodbyeboy!

I am applying to Owen in R2. If it OK for you, could you share your interview exp. and 2 cents about university?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
alpeshvc wrote:
goodbyeboy wrote:

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations goodbyeboy!

I am applying to Owen in R2. If it OK for you, could you share your interview exp. and 2 cents about university?

Hey thanks! It sure is a big relief for me. Owen's interview, at least one I had, was super chill, laid back interview. It was with one of the associate director of admissions who came to my city during their tour and she was really nice and well prepared, meaning she actually read my resume and profile well in advance so I didn't need to explain or go through my resume at all. Couple of questions I can remember are why Owen, what other schools I am applying, what I would do if one of teammates was slacking, what I do to learn about new cultures and diversity, and the last question was whether I wanted to add something about my personal traits that weren't addressed in my resume or essays for adcom to know.

Overall, it was a pleasant experience and we had a great chat. Probably because I lived and worked in Nashville so we had more things in common. Vanderbilt is a great university and when I visited Owen this summer I had a great experience. Also, Nashville is a great town - so much stuff to do especially with music, nice folks, and so much cheaper to live compare to other cities. Vanderbilt also has their own music festival called Rites of Spring which I am looking forward to be a part of since I come from the music industry.

Let me know if you have any other questions - good luck! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 527 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Submitted!!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Any action recently? I'm just waiting on a decision still.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Owen '14 (S)
Send PM
Same here. I submitted on Nov. 28 (Round 2 deadline) and when I check the MyOwen site the "Your Application Status and Decision" section is just blank. When I visited campus one of the admissions officers told me they try to get decisions out before winter break so that people can discuss their options with family members over the holidays. I guess that all depends on the number of apps they received for Round 2 though. Anyone else hear back yet??

Originally posted by cfieldy7 on 07 Dec 2011, 11:43.
Last edited by cfieldy7 on 07 Dec 2011, 11:52, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
cfieldy7 wrote:
Same here. I submitted on Nov. 28 (Round 2 deadline) and when I check the MyOwen site the "Your Application Status and Decision" section is just blank. When I visited campus one of the admissions officers told me they try to get decisions out before winter break so that people can discuss their options with family members over the holidays. Anyone else hear back yet??

I applied for the same deadline and have received interview invite. I think I received it on 1st/2nd Dec. Though my status has not changed at My Owen page.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
alpeshvc wrote:
cfieldy7 wrote:
Same here. I submitted on Nov. 28 (Round 2 deadline) and when I check the MyOwen site the "Your Application Status and Decision" section is just blank. When I visited campus one of the admissions officers told me they try to get decisions out before winter break so that people can discuss their options with family members over the holidays. Anyone else hear back yet??

I applied for the same deadline and have received interview invite. I think I received it on 1st/2nd Dec. Though my status has not changed at My Owen page.

My status is blank as well.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
alpeshvc wrote:
cfieldy7 wrote:

I received a interview invite on 2nd Dec. Replied to the email address and no feedback yet. Have you scheduled your interview?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
petcow wrote:
alpeshvc wrote:
cfieldy7 wrote:

I received a interview invite on 2nd Dec. Replied to the email address and no feedback yet. Have you scheduled your interview?

I received confirmation on my interview just 5 minutes ago. Strange, it's pitch dark in US right now.
So, I guess you will here soon.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Owen '14 (S)
Send PM
I just logged on to MyOwen and my status is no longer blank. It now says:

"Vanderbilt MBA Application Status: Complete
Your application is complete and ready for review by the Admissions Committee. We will contact you no later than the notification date associated with the round in which your application was completed."

Hopefully that means a decision is coming sometime soon!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Concentration: Real Estate, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
WE:Asset Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Kudos
I am in! Looking forward to next fall.
GMAT Club Bot