Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:37 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
testmasters [#permalink]
I'm thinking of taking this prep course too, autumn quarter in Chicago. However, no body on this forum seem to know anything about it or have taken it. I would really like to talk to someone who has taken this course. I looked at Princeton and Kaplan already, but Testmasters is leading the pack right now. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Princeton Review.... Thumbs down [#permalink]
If this is a little bit off subject I apologize. I just finished Princeton Review and would be happy to share my experience. I don't want to sound elitist, but I believe that Princeton Review is of the greatest benefit to those who are scoring in the low 500 range on the exam.

I took my first practice test two months ago, and scored a 620 on it. Because there are not a lot of students in my area that enrolled, there were only six students in my class, and they had all scored in the low 500's. The Princeton Review was very effective in helping these students improve their scores to the 600 range. However, once you get there, to continue improving, more hours and different materials are necessary (ie. Kaplan LOL). For instance, I spent the first six weeks without missing one homework question in their guide. Their tips are helpful, and their strategies tremendously effective in helping to answer 5-600 level questions. At the end they only spent one class discussing the types of difficult questions that a test-taker needs to answer to improve to 700 or above. A much neglected theme, scoring very well. This is why I consider this a class to help students get by. It's not ambitious enough.

One other thing. There is this stereotype that their tests are easier than the real GMAT. This is true, but their scoring is way too strict. Despite only missing three on one of their official tests, I only scored as high as 44 on math. On my first powerprep exam recently, I was careless and still scored a 49 on math. Verbal was right on par though. If you take one of their classes consider the tests as practice. Improving your score on their practice tests will improve your ability to score well on the real thing (most likely, although I have only taken PP), but don't take the actual scores seriously.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I know someone who took Princeton and she wasn't that impressed with it. She said the course was pretty shallow. I think no matter what prep course or study you do, in the end it's all up to you to do the work anyway. I'm taking the exam in December and my goal is 700+. I need a plan to get me there. I know I have the work ethics to do the work, but I don't have a very clear plan or strategy right now. I have the OG and have ordered the Kaplan math review. Looking for the ARCO math review but can't find it anywhere.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Unfortunately, I've never taken the TestMasters GMAT course. But I did take the TestMasters LSAT course many, many years ago.

Their LSAT course is awesome. They had the right balance of emphasizing a solid and deep understanding of the concepts tested with tips & tricks to get through the test regardless of your level of mastery. If their GMAT course is any where as near as good as their LSAT course, then it is probably worth taking for those who feel they need (and can afford) a prep course.

Frankly, I think it is possible to study on your own with the readily available materials mentioned by people on the website and score above 700 on the GMAT. IMO, it would be cheaper and may well be better to take the self-study route for most of the people out there preparing for the GMAT.

So my advice is to not rule out just buying a bunch of books, setting up a disciplined study schedule, and studying it on your own rather than ponying up the $1200+ for any one of the prep courses out there.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Has anybody attended TestMasters GMAT preparetion course ? [#permalink]
Hi guys,
I'm Pietro from Italy. Just an info: Has anybody attended TestMasters GMAT preparation course in Manhattan or LA? Have you been satisfied??

thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Has anybody attended TestMasters GMAT preparetion course ? [#permalink]