It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 22:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

paper test

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jul 2007
Posts: 1098

Kudos [?]: 141 [0], given: 0

Location: London
paper test [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2007, 14:54
sentencing guys
Attachments

sentences.JPG
sentences.JPG [ 39.18 KiB | Viewed 1189 times ]

Kudos [?]: 141 [0], given: 0

Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 523

Kudos [?]: 70 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2007, 14:57
E...
The number...has

Kudos [?]: 70 [0], given: 0

VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Posts: 1434

Kudos [?]: 350 [0], given: 0

Re: paper test [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2007, 15:03
Ravshonbek wrote:
sentencing guys


E.

has is correct. A, B, C are out.
D sounds awkward

Kudos [?]: 350 [0], given: 0

Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 22 Aug 2007
Posts: 566

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 0

Re: paper test [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2007, 15:19
bkk145 wrote:
Ravshonbek wrote:
sentencing guys


E.

has is correct. A, B, C are out.
D sounds awkward


is it which the makes D awkward?

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 0

VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Posts: 1434

Kudos [?]: 350 [0], given: 0

Re: paper test [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2007, 15:28
IrinaOK wrote:
bkk145 wrote:
Ravshonbek wrote:
sentencing guys


E.

has is correct. A, B, C are out.
D sounds awkward


is it which the makes D awkward?


To me, "in their performing" sounds awkward.
Should be performance

Kudos [?]: 350 [0], given: 0

VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jul 2007
Posts: 1098

Kudos [?]: 141 [0], given: 0

Location: London
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2007, 15:58
E. thanks BKK145. by the way, do you know anything about BCC145? :)

Kudos [?]: 141 [0], given: 0

VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Posts: 1434

Kudos [?]: 350 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2007, 15:59
Ravshonbek wrote:
E. thanks BKK145. by the way, do you know anything about BCC145? :)


haha, funny u ask.
I know he's happy about his 710.
We know each other.

Kudos [?]: 350 [0], given: 0

VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jul 2007
Posts: 1098

Kudos [?]: 141 [0], given: 0

Location: London
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2007, 16:03
bkk145 wrote:
Ravshonbek wrote:
E. thanks BKK145. by the way, do you know anything about BCC145? :)


haha, funny u ask.
I know he's happy about his 710.
We know each other.


funny enough, but i am not being funny what does BKK145 mean if u r fine with answering?

Kudos [?]: 141 [0], given: 0

Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 03 May 2007
Posts: 867

Kudos [?]: 264 [0], given: 7

Schools: University of Chicago, Wharton School
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2007, 16:09
E. makes sense.

D changes meaning by implying that sentences has allowed the criminals remain unconfined while performing a specific jobs.



bkk145 wrote:
Ravshonbek wrote:
E. thanks BKK145. by the way, do you know anything about BCC145? :)


haha, funny u ask.
I know he's happy about his 710.
We know each other.


I know BBC145.

hehe

Last edited by Fistail on 30 Sep 2007, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 264 [0], given: 7

VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jul 2007
Posts: 1098

Kudos [?]: 141 [0], given: 0

Location: London
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2007, 16:11
Fistail wrote:
bkk145 wrote:
Ravshonbek wrote:
E. thanks BKK145. by the way, do you know anything about BCC145? :)


haha, funny u ask.
I know he's happy about his 710.
We know each other.


I know BBC145.

hehe


look guys, r u working for inv. banking houses. Goldman sachs. good. one. if u noticed Fistail i asked u about stock trading. r u with GS now.
if yes. i wonder what the hell u need to take gmat?

Kudos [?]: 141 [0], given: 0

VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Posts: 1434

Kudos [?]: 350 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2007, 16:12
Ravshonbek wrote:
bkk145 wrote:
Ravshonbek wrote:
E. thanks BKK145. by the way, do you know anything about BCC145? :)


haha, funny u ask.
I know he's happy about his 710.
We know each other.


funny enough, but i am not being funny what does BKK145 mean if u r fine with answering?


BCC is abbreviated from a school name
145 is the class of that school.

This means we went to same school, same class, obviously. I was going to choose BCC, but since BCC145 was taken, I had no choice and I picked bkk.

:)

Kudos [?]: 350 [0], given: 0

VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jul 2007
Posts: 1098

Kudos [?]: 141 [0], given: 0

Location: London
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2007, 16:13
bkk145 wrote:
Ravshonbek wrote:
bkk145 wrote:
Ravshonbek wrote:
E. thanks BKK145. by the way, do you know anything about BCC145? :)


haha, funny u ask.
I know he's happy about his 710.
We know each other.


funny enough, but i am not being funny what does BKK145 mean if u r fine with answering?


BCC is abbreviated from a school name
145 is the class of that school.

This means we went to same school, same class, obviously. I was going to choose BCC, but since BCC145 was taken, I had no choice and I picked bkk.

:)


good school!

Kudos [?]: 141 [0], given: 0

Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 03 May 2007
Posts: 867

Kudos [?]: 264 [0], given: 7

Schools: University of Chicago, Wharton School
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2007, 16:17
Ravshonbek wrote:
Fistail wrote:
bkk145 wrote:
Ravshonbek wrote:
E. thanks BKK145. by the way, do you know anything about BCC145? :)


haha, funny u ask.
I know he's happy about his 710.
We know each other.


I know BBC145.

hehe


look guys, r u working for inv. banking houses. Goldman sachs. good. one. if u noticed Fistail i asked u about stock trading. r u with GS now.
if yes. i wonder what the hell u need to take gmat?



seems you did not read this thread: http://www.gmatclub.com/forum/p376042#376042

Kudos [?]: 264 [0], given: 7

VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jul 2007
Posts: 1098

Kudos [?]: 141 [0], given: 0

Location: London
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2007, 16:19
Fistail wrote:
Ravshonbek wrote:
Fistail wrote:
bkk145 wrote:
Ravshonbek wrote:
E. thanks BKK145. by the way, do you know anything about BCC145? :)


haha, funny u ask.
I know he's happy about his 710.
We know each other.


I know BBC145.

hehe


look guys, r u working for inv. banking houses. Goldman sachs. good. one. if u noticed Fistail i asked u about stock trading. r u with GS now.
if yes. i wonder what the hell u need to take gmat?



seems you did not read this thread: http://www.gmatclub.com/forum/p376042#376042


lol.. sorry i did not receive email notificaiton for that. Good luck with ur plans.

Kudos [?]: 141 [0], given: 0

  [#permalink] 30 Sep 2007, 16:19
Display posts from previous: Sort by

paper test

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.