GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Jun 2018, 08:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Parland’s alligator population has been declining in recent years Ver1

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Study Buddy Forum Moderator
D
WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Parland s alligator population has been declining in recent Ver2 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2018, 20:59
GMATNinjaTwo

Quote:
If we weren't told that there was a dry season, we might not understand why the holes are necessary. Given the highlighted portion, we understand that water levels can decrease seasonally, and this helps explains why the alligator holes are so important.

I have different view point than you.

If you see argument again, we already know that alligator population is decreasing because of hunting.
So in absence of alligators, less holes will be dug
and hence fish species WILL NOT be able to hatch in absence of holes and water.

We DO NOT need timing of when the holes are filled with water for fish species to hatch as mentioned by noun modifier
- During Parland’s dry season.

Is my reasoning valid?

It's the journey that brings us happiness not the destination.

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
S
CAT Tests
Re: Parland’s alligator population has been declining in recent years Ver1 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2018, 08:59
adkikani wrote:
GMATNinjaTwo

Quote:
If we weren't told that there was a dry season, we might not understand why the holes are necessary. Given the highlighted portion, we understand that water levels can decrease seasonally, and this helps explains why the alligator holes are so important.

I have different view point than you.

If you see argument again, we already know that alligator population is decreasing because of hunting.
So in absence of alligators, less holes will be dug
and hence fish species WILL NOT be able to hatch in absence of holes and water.

We DO NOT need timing of when the holes are filled with water for fish species to hatch as mentioned by noun modifier
- During Parland’s dry season.

Is my reasoning valid?

Yes, we know that the alligator population (and hence the holes) are decreasing.

Again, I think the highlighted phrase simply provides some context. Picture a body of water whose water is at its highest point. Now, as the water level goes down during the dry season, the fish might have a problem finding a place for the eggs. Luckily, pools of water remain in those alligator holes, providing a safe place for the eggs. Yes, the holes are there regardless of the season, but if the water levels never decreased, the holes might not be needed.

www.gmatninja.com

Re: Parland’s alligator population has been declining in recent years Ver1   [#permalink] 04 Feb 2018, 08:59

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 22 posts ] 

Parland’s alligator population has been declining in recent years Ver1

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap