GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Aug 2019, 04:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Patient: I have read that particles of my artificial hip can wear off

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Patient: I have read that particles of my artificial hip can wear off  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2018, 07:02
AbuRashid wrote:
A,

for those who put C as an answer, who can expose his/her hip to 200 degrees and still come out good!

I was able to answer the question correctly.

Just to clarify myself on your point regarding answer choice (C). While what you say is so true in real world, can such assumptions be made on solving GMAT CR questions when nothing for or against the assumption is provided in the premise of the CR?

Thank you.
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Patient: I have read that particles of my artificial hip can wear off  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2019, 09:50
Quality of this question is excellent.
Director
Director
P
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Schools: LBS '22
GMAT 1: 560 Q41 V26
GMAT 2: 550 Q43 V23
GMAT 3: 650 Q47 V33
GMAT 4: 650 Q44 V36
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2019, 14:37
Official Veritas Explanation

Solution: A

Explanation: The surgeon explains that it is almost impossible for the artificial hip to wear away so soon WITH NORMAL USE. However, if the patient was inappropriately engaged in vigorous activities, particles of her hip may very well be wearing off.

(B) The question is what is causing the discomfort, not how to treat it.

(C) There is no reason to think that the patient could have been exposed to such an extreme temperature.

(D) This lends strength to the idea that artificial hips CAN wear away, but does not strengthen the proposition that this is what happened to her.

(E) The surgeon’s lack of experience does not necessarily weaken his position or strengthen the patient’s.

+1 Kudos if you like my post pls!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Patient: I have read that particles of my artificial hip can wear off   [#permalink] 18 Aug 2019, 14:37

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 23 posts ] 

Patient: I have read that particles of my artificial hip can wear off

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics