Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:14 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 182 [0]
 Q50  V41
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Paul -

In addition to my work experience, in undergrad I served 4 years on the student council (2 as VP and 2 as President). Currently I sit on the board of advisor's of a non profit organization that raises funds for the blind and the deaf.

As far as my goals are concerned, I am interested in moving from the sales side of commercial real estate over to the development side - I would ultimately like to own my own business.

I am waging my wait list campaign - mostly at Darden, but I have sent a couple of updates to USC as well. I dont think either school has taken people off their lists yet (probably not happening until late April or early May at this point).

Darden specifically asked me to retake the GMAT and they were very pleased with my new score - but I am still on the wait list so I am a little worried since it is getting late into the acceptance season and this was a very competitive year.

Thanks for your input,

Mike
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
OasisNYK wrote:
Hi Paul -

In addition to my work experience, in undergrad I served 4 years on the student council (2 as VP and 2 as President). Currently I sit on the board of advisor's of a non profit organization that raises funds for the blind and the deaf.

As far as my goals are concerned, I am interested in moving from the sales side of commercial real estate over to the development side - I would ultimately like to own my own business.

I am waging my wait list campaign - mostly at Darden, but I have sent a couple of updates to USC as well. I dont think either school has taken people off their lists yet (probably not happening until late April or early May at this point).

Darden specifically asked me to retake the GMAT and they were very pleased with my new score - but I am still on the wait list so I am a little worried since it is getting late into the acceptance season and this was a very competitive year.

Thanks for your input,

Mike

Mike,

Thanks for the clarifications. You seem competitive, so hang in there with your wait-list campaigns.

Good luck,
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
OasisNYK wrote:
Hi Paul -

Thanks for your input,

Mike

Mike,

Thanks for the clarifications. You seem competitive, so hang in there with your wait-list campaigns.

Good luck,
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Paul - I am still hanging in there but the wait gets tougher each day. I am pretty sure I wont hear anything until after the deposit deadlines - but do you have any idea when waitlister typically begin to hear responses? Have you heard anything that might be relevant to this years applicants?

Thanks,
Mike
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
OasisNYK wrote:
Thanks Paul - I am still hanging in there but the wait gets tougher each day. I am pretty sure I wont hear anything until after the deposit deadlines - but do you have any idea when waitlister typically begin to hear responses? Have you heard anything that might be relevant to this years applicants?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,

As a general rule, April and May is when you start to see more wait-list activity.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Paul -

I am proud to say that I have been offered acceptance at Darden - the wait list paid off!

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Mike
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
OasisNYK wrote:
Hi Paul -

I am proud to say that I have been offered acceptance at Darden - the wait list paid off!

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Mike

Mike,

Congratulations, that's a big fish to land. Have fun in Charlottesville.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
pbodine wrote:
OasisNYK wrote:
Hi Paul -

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Mike

Mike,

Congratulations, that's a big fish to land. Have fun in Charlottesville.

Yes I am very happy - Darden was my top choice and it couldn't have worked out any better. Charlottesville is a fantastic place and I can't wait to get down there and get started.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]