It is currently 20 Nov 2017, 06:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please assess my chances...

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 13 Jul 2005
Posts: 10

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Location: Brasil
Please assess my chances... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2005, 08:37
Dear Linda,

I would be very greatful if you can assess my chances at getting into NYU, Tuck, Chicago, UNC, Darden and LBS.

I am Latin American, Major on International Business (my average grade was 7.81 out of 10, minimum passing grade is 5). I have 7 years work expercience in Tax Consulting (I moved up very quickly in my career) and plan to shift to Management consulting.

I have taken the GMAT twice - 1st attempt in August/05- 560 (Q35, V33).
2nd attempt last week - 660 (Q48-86%, V34-72%).

Do you think I am competitive? Should I consider other Schools?

Thank you very, very much.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consultant
User avatar
B
Joined: 20 Apr 2003
Posts: 5788

Kudos [?]: 583 [0], given: 74

Location: Los Angeles CA
Re: Please assess my chances... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2005, 16:01
Rogerio wrote:
Dear Linda,

I would be very greatful if you can assess my chances at getting into NYU, Tuck, Chicago, UNC, Darden and LBS.

I am Latin American, Major on International Business (my average grade was 7.81 out of 10, minimum passing grade is 5). I have 7 years work expercience in Tax Consulting (I moved up very quickly in my career) and plan to shift to Management consulting.

I have taken the GMAT twice - 1st attempt in August/05- 560 (Q35, V33).
2nd attempt last week - 660 (Q48-86%, V34-72%).

Do you think I am competitive? Should I consider other Schools?

Thank you very, very much.


You have a chance at all these schools. Congrats on the GMAT improvement. perhaps you could consider UNC a safety school, but otherwise you don't have one. If you really want to increase the chances that you attend an MBA program this fall, apply to schools strong in your area of interest, but with slightly lower GMAT scores and higher acceptance rates.

Good luck!
_________________

Linda Abraham
Accepted ~ The Premier Admissions Consultancy
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Kudos [?]: 583 [0], given: 74

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 13 Jul 2005
Posts: 10

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Location: Brasil
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2005, 12:09
Linda,

Thank you very much for your help and for your comment on my GMAT improvement. I really appreciate it.

Now I will do my best in the applications...

Thanks again!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consultant
User avatar
B
Joined: 20 Apr 2003
Posts: 5788

Kudos [?]: 583 [0], given: 74

Location: Los Angeles CA
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2005, 19:06
Rogerio wrote:
Linda,

Thank you very much for your help and for your comment on my GMAT improvement. I really appreciate it.

Now I will do my best in the applications...

Thanks again!

You're welcome.

If you would like help with your essays, please consider Accepted.com's MBA essay editing.

Good luck!
_________________

Linda Abraham
Accepted ~ The Premier Admissions Consultancy
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Kudos [?]: 583 [0], given: 74

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Nov 2005
Posts: 53

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Location: Indianapolis, IN
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2005, 19:18
Hi I saw your post about increasing your GMAT Score. I've scored a 550 on my most recent test and obviously I'm looking to improve that. Can you share your strategy for improvement and how long you had between tests?

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 13 Jul 2005
Posts: 10

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Location: Brasil
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2005, 08:55
Hi Linda,

Just to let you know, I retook my GMAT this Decemebr and managed to increase to a 690-91% (Q47-81% V38-85%).

Do you think this improvement will also improve my chances at the schols I am applying to?

Do you have any advice on a safe school, considering my background?

Thank you very much and Happy New Year!!!

P.S. stretchad, I will post my strategy later, as I am working really really hard on my essays, ok? Happy New Year.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consultant
User avatar
B
Joined: 20 Apr 2003
Posts: 5788

Kudos [?]: 583 [0], given: 74

Location: Los Angeles CA
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2005, 20:50
Rogerio wrote:
Hi Linda,

Just to let you know, I retook my GMAT this Decemebr and managed to increase to a 690-91% (Q47-81% V38-85%).

Do you think this improvement will also improve my chances at the schols I am applying to?

Do you have any advice on a safe school, considering my background?

Thank you very much and Happy New Year!!!

P.S. stretchad, I will post my strategy later, as I am working really really hard on my essays, ok? Happy New Year.


Congratulations again! Well done. I think this does improve your chances somewhat and may even turn UNC into a safety. If you want another "safely" consider Indiana, Georgetown, or UT. For additional programs where you would be competitive, consider Michigan or Haas.

Good luck!
_________________

Linda Abraham
Accepted ~ The Premier Admissions Consultancy
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Kudos [?]: 583 [0], given: 74

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 13 Jul 2005
Posts: 10

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Location: Brasil
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2005, 03:49
Thanks for the tip Linda.

I was already thinking of Michigan and I am actually working on the essays.

Once again, I appreciate your advice and I wish you a Happy New Year!!!

Rogerio.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consultant
User avatar
B
Joined: 20 Apr 2003
Posts: 5788

Kudos [?]: 583 [0], given: 74

Location: Los Angeles CA
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2005, 18:04
Rogerio wrote:
Thanks for the tip Linda.

I was already thinking of Michigan and I am actually working on the essays.

Once again, I appreciate your advice and I wish you a Happy New Year!!!

Rogerio.

You're most welcome. Good luck! Happy New Year!
_________________

Linda Abraham
Accepted ~ The Premier Admissions Consultancy
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Kudos [?]: 583 [0], given: 74

  [#permalink] 28 Dec 2005, 18:04
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Please assess my chances...

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.