GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Nov 2019, 09:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Please evaluate and correct my essay. (Steven Gerrard)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Please evaluate and correct my essay. (Steven Gerrard)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2015, 23:59
Please evaluate and correct my essay.

If you could meet a famous entertainer or athlete, who would that be, and why? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.

Everyone has his or her own hero. While basketball fans may love the way Michael Jordan playing a game, golf lovers might appreciate Tiger Woods for his success in career. In my opinion, as a football fans, I am a big fan of Steven Gerrard, Captain of Liverpool football club. If I could meet a famous athlete, absolutely I will meet him. I appreciate him so much because of his characteristic of leadership. Also, I have learnt from them a lot. It would be great if I can face-to-face meet with my idol.

To begin with, one characteristic that I really admire him is his leadership. Interestingly, though the average age of captain in England football league is 28, he was selected as the captain of Liverpool football club since he was just 23. The situation that made him notable in terms of leadership was when he, as the captain, was in the game with AC Milan in the final match of UEFA Champion League Tournament. After finished the half time, AC Milan shot the amazing three goals within 15 minutes in the first half while Liverpool cannot put the ball into the net. During the half time break, Steven’s teammates were depressed by the score and thought that will assuredly lose this match. Surprisingly, Steven is the person that encouraged the team not to give up as well as gave the team the strategy to win in such match. This can mentally contributed a confidence and brought back a hope to the team. Then, when the second half was started, Liverpool had done much better than the first half. They can equalize the score to 3-3 and won such match by penalties so that Liverpool can celebrated its 5th times champion for this tournament. After the match, everyone in the team gave a credit to Steven with regard to his leadership. He has become a legend of the club since then. From my point of view, he is a never-give-up, inspiring and motivating leader that can be a role model to everyone including me.

I have learnt from him a lot. As a big fan of Liverpool Football club, I set him as my idol in terms of leadership. Every time when I play football, I always remind the way he did to his team, motivating as well as inspiring. I apply the way he has done to my teammates. To illustrate, I always mentally encourage the team not to give up in any situations even we are overwhelmed by the huge pressure. In addition, I teach my teammates that leadership is not only specific for a captain, but everyone in the team as well. Can you imagine the team that the mentality of everyone is like Steven? I believe that such team will be powerful as well as influential.

All in all, I actually admire Steven especially his leadership aspect. If I have a chance to meet Steven, I would like to ask him so many questions. For instance, what how did he define the word “Leadership”, what is your advice in managing the team as a captain, and other question regarding football. I totally believe that he will provide powerful answers to my questions so that I can apply them throughout my life. And, I hope that my dream will become true one day.
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Please evaluate and correct my essay. (Steven Gerrard)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2015, 06:33
557 words
4 paragraphs
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Please evaluate and correct my essay. (Steven Gerrard)   [#permalink] 06 Mar 2015, 06:33

Please evaluate and correct my essay. (Steven Gerrard)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: carcass