Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
Please evaluate - Indian Male, Healthcare focus [#permalink]
06 Aug 2014, 06:37
Hello - Please review my profile below. Appreciate your thoughgts on my candidacy.
Additional details: Indian, Male
1) Brief description of your full-time work experience. What do you do? Started my own healthcare manufacturing company 4 years that provides healthcare supplies to hospitals at a lower cost. Company has seen 100% + increase in revenues in the past 3 years. Having set-up operations and production units thus far, I am now focusing on sales and marketing of our products. My aim is to build a large scale supply chain unit for hospitals that will drive down costs for hospitals and in-turn increase value derived by consumers
2) Your GMAT. - 680
3) College info: The name of the college, your GPA or grade average, your major, year of graduation. For any graduate degrees, please provide the same info. If you grades are low, please indicate if there were extenuating circumstances.
Engineering in Electronics & Communication from RVCE, Bangalore India. 79% (top 5% for college)
4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience. Mentoring and coaching two technology healthcare start-ups (One is aimed at increasing the usage of technology in Indian Government hospitals and thus streamlining all their processes and the second company is building technology platforms for information management at hospitals).
5) Important certifications like CFA, CPA, FSA, or CA.- None
6) Your target programs. Please note that my experience is with the top MBA programs (FT, PT, EMBA, Sloan Fellows) around the world. If the programs you are targeting are not listed here, I may not respond due to lack of time. - Full time MBA at Stanford, Harvard, Booth, Kellogs, Wharton
7) When you plan to apply? Please specify round and application cycle, for example R1 2013-14 or R3 2012-13. All applications to be submitted in R1
8) Your post-MBA goal.
To build an organization that contributes to lowering healthcare costs, thus making healthcare truly affordable to every citizen.
First, a caution – you have a viable and ongoing business. Adcoms at full-time MBA programs expect you to be engaged in the school process full-time. So in your applications avoid giving the impression that you plan to operate your business hands-on while in school – discuss your plans for the venture during your studies – whether someone else will do the operations, or do you plan to sell it, etc.
Even with the impressive experience, I believe the 680 GMAT puts your target programs out of reach, especially HBS and Stanford. For realistic targets in the US, I suggest Duke as a reasonable reach (given its strong healthcare program) as well as Cornell, Tepper, and Texas.