Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:59 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 356 [0]
Given Kudos: 82
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 356 [0]
Given Kudos: 82
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
Re: Tepper Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
I'm looking for a profile review for Tepper. Request a feedback.

Nationality: Indian

Sex: Male

GMAT: 720 Q50 V38 IR 5 AWA 5

Education: Btech & Mtech (dual degree) from IIT Kanpur

GPA: 7.4/10 (Btech); 8.4/10 (Mtech)

Work experience: 3 years

Currently working in consulting at PwC. I have been with the firm for nearly 2.5 years.
Recently promoted from Consultant to Senior Consultant. Awarded a certificate of appreciation for outstanding work.
Have worked on multiple projects with Govt, PSUs, multi-lateral banks and private clients. Area of focus primarily on aviation, logistics and infrastructure sector.

Some key projects include:

Business process reengineering and financial modelling for development of a community system for Govt.
Identified strategies to improve air cargo operations for a large PSU
Devised a market entry strategy for a private client looking to enter the Indian aviation market
Formulated a bid strategy for a large PSU bidding for development of a greenfield airport.
Formulated an economic development plan of South Asia for a multi-lateral bank.

Have also worked for a data analytics firm for 0.5 years.

Research experiences
Research internship at Hokkaido University (Japan)
Worked on a network optimization problem in Mtech thesis. Presented a research paper in an international conference
Teaching assistant for a UG course

Extra curriculars: currently volunteering for PwC foundation; part of the college badminton team; played badminton at State level and inter school nationals; part of the core team of the placement office in college;

Post MBA plan: consulting or product management
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: Tepper Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi akhily!

I see you connected with my colleague Nisha in another school forum, so I will mostly echo what she said about the importance of demonstrating school fit and showing leadership at PwC. I will also add that for purposes of the application, I would pick either consulting or product management. Both seem plausible given the focus of your past work, but do some research on typical career paths after Tepper, what % of the class goes into those fields, and which companies hire on campus. This info should be available through Tepper's career services team.

Overall I think Tepper is a good target school for you, so good luck!
Kate

akhily wrote:

Currently working in consulting at PwC. I have been with the firm for nearly 2.5 years.
Recently promoted from Consultant to Senior Consultant. Awarded a certificate of appreciation for outstanding work.
Have worked on multiple projects with Govt, PSUs, multi-lateral banks and private clients. Area of focus primarily on aviation, logistics and infrastructure sector.

Business process reengineering and financial modelling for development of a community system for Govt.
Devised a market entry strategy for a private client looking to enter the Indian aviation market
Formulated a bid strategy for a large PSU bidding for development of a greenfield airport.

Research experiences
Worked on a network optimization problem in Mtech thesis. Presented a research paper in an international conference

Extra curriculars: currently volunteering for PwC foundation; part of the college badminton team; played badminton at State level and inter school nationals; part of the core team of the placement office in college;

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
Thank you Kate. Your input is appreciated.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
akhily wrote:

Research experiences

Hi Akhil,

You have a impressive profile with good academic credentials and relevant consulting work experience. Tepper likes people from consulting and your future career goal also coincides with it. Your GMAT score of 720 is also good for Tepper. What would be important is how you structure your essays to bring out your own unique story and your leadership skills in your application.

You can connect to us at beyondthegmat@gmail.com for a free detailed profile evaluation.

Best of Luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q170 V168
GPA: 3.94
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Profile evaluation appreciated!

Basics
Male, 24, White (Ukrainian, Jewish Immigrant —> American Citizen)

Undergrad
Hunter College (Macaulay Honors Program) in City University of New York (CUNY)
Major: Computer Science, Minor: Political Science
GPA: 3.94, GRE: V - 168, Q - 170, AW - 5.5

Awards
- College Valedictorian
- Hertog Scholar
- Goldsmith Scholar

Experience
- Software Engineer at Bloomberg for 3 years (full-time)
- Adjunct Lecturer of CS at Hunter College (part-time in evenings after Bloomberg)
- iOS Developer Intern at Foursquare (full-time summer internship)

Extracurriculars
- hackNY Fellow 2015 and Mentor 2016 & 2017 (Social good + tech organization)
- Moot Court Team Co-founder at Hunter College

Miscellaneous
- Stanford Summer Session Student (GPA: 4.0)
- Technology-based research in (1) Geography lab and (2) Computer Vision/Robotics lab
- Tech projects including MORPG game (college Capstone), un-“filter bubbled” news app (Facebook Journalism Project winner)

Recommenders
- Team Lead at Bloomberg (MBA & MS)
- Assistant Professor of CS at USF (MBA & MS)
- CS Chair at Hunter College (MS only)

Post MBA/MS Goals (Note: I am applying to MBA and MS in CS dual or joint degree programs)
- Globalizing volunteerism across disciplines through a design-thinking, civic-tech based startup
- CTO or Team Lead at self-founded or early stage startup, or Google X
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi simonayzman!

Overall you have a very strong profile and I feel good about your chances for Tepper. In particular, you have an impressive academic background with your GPA and GRE scores, plus "extras" like the Stanford summer program and the technology research. I also really like that you've remained involved with your college and balance adjunct teaching on top of your job at Bloomberg.

I think one potential weak area are your current extracurriculars -- it sounds like you had great involvement in the past, but especially with your civic-focused goals, I would like to see a stronger track record / greater leadership in volunteer efforts.

Otherwise, I think Tepper is a great fit, and you need to focus on demonstrating why the MBA / MS makes best sense from you, what you'll gain from the joint program, and also what unique perspective you will add to the class.

Best of luck!
Kate

simonayzman wrote:
Profile evaluation appreciated!

Basics
Male, 24, White (Ukrainian, Jewish Immigrant —> American Citizen)

Undergrad
Hunter College (Macaulay Honors Program) in City University of New York (CUNY)
Major: Computer Science, Minor: Political Science
GPA: 3.94, GRE: V - 168, Q - 170, AW - 5.5

Awards
- College Valedictorian
- Hertog Scholar
- Goldsmith Scholar

Experience
- Software Engineer at Bloomberg for 3 years (full-time)
- Adjunct Lecturer of CS at Hunter College (part-time in evenings after Bloomberg)
- iOS Developer Intern at Foursquare (full-time summer internship)

Extracurriculars
- hackNY Fellow 2015 and Mentor 2016 & 2017 (Social good + tech organization)
- Moot Court Team Co-founder at Hunter College

Miscellaneous
- Stanford Summer Session Student (GPA: 4.0)
- Technology-based research in (1) Geography lab and (2) Computer Vision/Robotics lab
- Tech projects including MORPG game (college Capstone), un-“filter bubbled” news app (Facebook Journalism Project winner)

Recommenders
- Team Lead at Bloomberg (MBA & MS)
- Assistant Professor of CS at USF (MBA & MS)
- CS Chair at Hunter College (MS only)

Post MBA/MS Goals (Note: I am applying to MBA and MS in CS dual or joint degree programs)
- Globalizing volunteerism across disciplines through a design-thinking, civic-tech based startup
- CTO or Team Lead at self-founded or early stage startup, or Google X
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hello,
I would like to seek an evaluation of my profile for applying to Tepper School of Business

Job Role: Digital Marketing

Education:
Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering from a state funded university in India
Graduated with GPA: 9.3 on a scale of 10 and a gold medal for securing the first rank in the batch

GMAT:
Total Score: 720 (Q 49, V 40, IR 8)

Work Experience:
36 months of Marketing experience in a multinational corporation in the manufacturing industry (manufacturers of building materials), of which 12 months is in a managerial role (1 direct reportee). Some of the activities that I have done are:
- Planning and executing digital marketing campaigns
- Social media management
- Content generation
- Driving engagement on social media and mobile applications
- Analyzing digital campaigns
- Identifying market trends and insights
- Working with creative agencies
- Marketing communications
- Segment development activities
- Developing sales argumentaries

Extra-curricular activities/Community service experience:
Headed three clubs during undergrad college. Was involved in literary events and community service during undergrad.

Post MBA:
Management Consulting (ideally – MBB)
VP
VP
Send PM
SidSridhar wrote:
Hello,
I would like to seek an evaluation of my profile for applying to Tepper School of Business
Hello @SidSridhar

Education:
Graduated with GPA: 9.3 on a scale of 10 and a gold medal for securing the first rank in the batch

GMAT:
While your past grades are great, why don't you take another shot at GMAT? Not a a deal breaker by any measure, but looking at your past acads I believe you can get a higher score, which will be immensely helpful

Work Experience:
36 months of Marketing experience in a multinational corporation in the manufacturing industry (manufacturers of building materials), of which 12 months is in a managerial role (1 direct reportee). Some of the activities that I have done are:
- Content generation

You have different work ex from most Indian applicants and that can be used in your favor. More than the responsibilities, bring out the achievements and impact at work.

Headed three clubs during undergrad college. Was involved in literary events and community service during undergrad.
School/College ECA do not carry much weight unless you have done something spectacular. Look back in the last 36 months and see what ECA have you done and more than a laundry list, bring out your contribution in these activities. A combination of your work ex (achievements), acads (GMAT+undergrad scores) and Diversity (extracurricular) make a complete profile. To know what to push in your application, you can read here.

Post MBA:
Not sure how realistic a goal this is as consulting is competitive and you will need to show how your past skills/experience will help you make a successful transition. What transferable skills have you gained and what actions have you taken in these 36 months and what specific skills do you lack that an MBA will provide you. Basically a very strong narrative is needed tying your past and MBA to this goal.

Overall, good work ex, average GMAT but weak ECA and not sure on the career goals narrative. If you can up the career goals narrative you may have a good chance.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Omg!! How is 720 an average GMAT score? Sigh

VP
VP
Send PM
As the saying goes- 720 is the new 700 :cool:

Nenah28 wrote:
Omg!! How is 720 an average GMAT score? Sigh

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
SidSridhar wrote:
Hello,

Education:

GMAT:

Work Experience:
- Content generation

Post MBA:

Hi,
Your experience in digital marketing definitely differentiates you from the regular Indian applicant pool. Your GMAT score of 720 is decent and in combination with your extremely good academic credentials would definitely add value to your application.
Your post MBA goal as a Management consultant will resonate with the Tepper Adcom but you need to build a story on how your skills and work experience would make you suitable for the job.
What other B-Schools are you targeting?

You can connect with us at beyondthegmat@gmail.com for a detailed profile evaluation and to discuss on other potential B-schools for your profile.

Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi

Nationality: Nigerian (West Africa)

Education: Master of Pharmacy.....MPharm(honors)
GPA: 3.04 (according to WES)
GMAT: no taken yet but test is scheduled for next week
Other education: I have taken some free courses online purely out of interest: Financial trading, Leadership and management (‘ the Shaw academy’ . I don’t know if they will consider that)

Work experience: 4.5 years. As a pharmacist, worked a year for a multinational pharma company as a medical sales representative. I’m a pharmacy intern now in the US

My pharmacy degree was obtained from the United Kingdom and I moved back to Nigeria after working a year in London.

I am a registered pharmacist in the UK and Nigeria after sitting the Nigerian Pharmacy equivalent exam

I moved to the United States 2 years ago and have been working towards being a registered pharmacist here. As a matter of fact, I sit my boards in a couple of weeks. So my most recent position are Pharmacy technician and Intern position. Those are part of the United state requirements in order to be eligible to sit the boards.

Back in Nigeria, I attempted to pioneer a system by which pharmacy medications would be dispensed in the orange vial bottles that are used in pharmacies in the United States with child resistant caps and appropriate printing labels. This was to prevent the numerous child deaths caused my medication poisoning. And to also prevent medication degradation by harsh sun light. I was trying to help solve one of the issues with medication in Nigeria including the existence of counterfeit medication. Unfortunately I was not successful, I had so much to learn including networking, selling yourself and the general business accumen.

When the Ebola virus struck West Africa, it made its way to the hospital I worked in. Luckily I wasn’t quarantined or anything. But I led a team in providing infrared thermometers, hospital supplies, sanitizers etc to very rural areas who had no way or access to information as people who did in the big cities of Nigeria. Till today it is still used and they do get the odd training and checks to make sure everything is okay. That was the what peaked my interest in operations and strategy of a health care system as I literally saw a country fall apart during this period.

When it comes to extra curricular:
I am active in the church, I organized many medical outreach programs in both cities and rural areas to help people who could not afford healthcare. I have a passion for health equity.
I currently sponsor a child in Uganda
I was a student telephone fundraiser and raised about £1000 towards University research and whatever the alumni was passionate about.

My post MBA goal would be to work in a Leadership Development Program for a company that provides healthcare solutions be it health tech or health insurance such as GE healthcare, Samsung healthcare or Cigna.

Annual donations to American cancer society and ellevest ( an investment platform for Women in business targeted to bridge gender investment gap)

Please let me know your thoughts....

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Need I add that Tepper is my dream school. I want to build up my quant skill, gain a solid business education and be knowledgeable in health tech too

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Statistics
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Background and nationality 31/M/White (US - NY, NY)

Undergrad Information: US Top 30 US News & World Report - Econ/Drama (3.8 GPA - Phi Beta Kappa)

GMAT: 700 44Q/41V/7IR (currently studying for a retake - goal of 720+ with 48+ Q)

Work experience and leadership: Currently working in the finance department for America's oldest professional theatre company. We also own a plurality of the Broadway theaters. Specifically, I work in the division that handles group and business-to-business discount ticket sales.

My current title is junior accountant. Primary responsibilities include:
-Own the entire aging process for ~50 b2b AR clients, totaling ~$1.1 million in monthly sales
-Manage and resolve any discrepancies related to commission income (~$150K/week) for all Broadway/off-Broadway ticket sales
-Reconcile internal reports against 3rd party ticketing system and advise accounting department regarding coding for ~$650K in weekly sales
-Coordinated with the operations manager to redesign the entire reconciliation process, reducing the time taken to get reports to accounting by two full business days.

Additionally, my recommenders will be able to speak to the stability I brought to my current position, including establishing new reconciliation schedules and checks and balances procedures. The department was being restructured during my hiring, and I had 4 supervisors over the span of ~2 years.

Community and others:
Various service projects with NYC alumni group
Independently learning python for data science (put on hold due to GMAT retake)
Improv student
Beginner rock climber & active member of local recreational sports league
Won an acting award for my performance in a friend's submission to a playwriting festival
Academic interests in behavioral psychology/behavioral economics

Post MBA goals:
Insights/Analytics, ideally in the media/entertainment or tech industries. I want to blend my interests in behavior and decision sciences with my skills in storytelling to help guide businesses to better meet consumers needs.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Hi,

Could you pls evaluate my profile:
Nationality : Indian
GMAT: 710 Q50/V35
GPA : 3.7/4.0
Education: Mechanical Engineer, from Delhi College Of Engineering
Work Experience:4 years in business development at a leading automobile firm. National Head for a product line
Have my own Health care venture with annual revenue of $1 million
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Hi sidjain,
This is with respect to your profile evaluation request on the forum.
Tepper is a technology-focused school. While there are many positives in your profile, it is important that your goals are aligned with what the school’s fitment of profile. Some typical ways to do it would be to talk about post MBA career goals in product management field of auto majors working on aspects such as connected cars, telematics, car as a service, car sharing, usage based auto insurance etc. You can bring in your experience of working with retail and business customers in India, where there is has been a major auto boom over the last decade or so.
About the Health Care venture firm, in case your goals are not in the Healthcare space, please use the experience to bring out certain softskills you gained from here and not a direct correlation. Please use the optional essay to detail this stint while showcasing how you were able to maintain the fine balance between a full time job and the venture.
I am the founder of CrackAdmission (https://www.crackadmission.com) and have assisted applicants in their successful journey to Tepper Business School in a professional capacity. Please feel free to reach out to me at Arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com /+91-9701215544 in case you want any assistance.
Cheers and Best of luck
Arijit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Dear all,

Please evaluate my profile for 2020 intake

Personal profile: 25 years, female, Indian

Academic background:
Msc.(Hons.) Mathematics and B.E. Hons(Mechanical) from BITS PILANI PILANI CAMPUS (Tier -1 college which ranks at par with IIT's)
10th from CBSE: 92.7%
12th from CBSE: 91.4%
GMAT: Total score : 710 (Q50 V35 AWA 4.5 and IR 8)

Professional background:
Quant Analyst in financial services risk mananagement in one of the big four accounting firms.
Worked as a consultant to major US banks for developing their internal models as per latest FRTB regulations.
Performed annual model review for credit, market models as per SR11-7 regulations.

Extracurriculars :Organized cultural events of a regional association as the secretary , conducted several events during cultural fests as the joint coordinator of a club.

Total Work experience: 22 months (as on May 2019)
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6