Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:10 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
Schools:Kellogg MBA 2004
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
It's really too hard to say what your odds of success are since there's so much that I don't know about you (e.g., community involvement... do NOT underestimate this). But I'm thinking that the UCLA/USC/NYU tier of schools may be your best bet for a stretch school (with Purdue, UT, and BU being more in your comfort zone, given my limited knowledge of your profile.

Re: career goals, don't tell them what you think they want to hear. Tell them the truth. This is less of an ethics thing and more of a matter of making sure that your entire applicatoin ties together. I understand your concerns, but saying "I want to be the CEO of an aerospace company" won't really distinguish you any more, either. (I see a ton of applicants who want to be the CEO fo a Fortune 500 company.)

Re: the GMAT, since you have time, I'd recommend studyig some more and trying to take it again.

Scott
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Scott,

Thanks a lot! I really liked the book that the mba game plan has..
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Scott,

Thanks a lot for your earlier replies.. I have decided on London Business school as one of my top ranked school eventually. I believe this will fit in with my international exposure(till 17 was in india, engineering in aus for 4 years, 6 years in us with masters and work exp).
I think LBS likes international/diversity.

Also I have done community involvement in india. My short term goal is to get into my dads steel manufacturing plant, and the ultimate long term goal is to do a financial service firm in India in conjunction with my brother who is aiming to go Msc In Finance route..

Apart from the following:
GMAT(660,Q50,V29,AWA:5.5), Undergrad GPA from Aus: 3.95, Masters : 3.9
Some community involvement(around 2-3 months in total in the last 3 years)
Project Lead in the work I am doing
and general hobbies..

Thats all I have...

I am retaking gmat.. so I was wondering if LBS is a stretch?
I have heard people get to LBS with GMAT of 650... I will definitely retake GMAT.

Please advice.
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
I do think LBS wil be somewhat of a stretch because I tihnk you're light in community service and other things that will help set you apart from other applicants. But, that doesn't mean you shouldn't apply. Just keep in mind that you will really need to think about what sets you apart from other applicants.

Scott
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]