GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Jan 2019, 13:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in January
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • 4 Tips for Interviews

January 18, 2019

January 18, 2019

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

4 tips that will help you prepare for MBA interviews
  • Personal MBA Coach’s Overview of Top EMBA Programs

January 19, 2019

January 19, 2019

Personal MBA Coach's Overview of Top EMBA Programs eBook To download for free, join our mailing list and receive weekly tips on perfecting your MBA applications

Rotman Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  
Experts' Global Representative
B
Re: Rotman Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Dec 2018, 00:18
Bn1509 wrote:
Hi. Please evaluate my profile for Rotman 2 year full time MBA.
Nationality - Indian
GMAT- 700(Q50, V 34, IR 6), Wrote just yesterday
CGPA - 8.43, Mechanical Engineering from the top NIT
Work Ex- 10 months in Automobile industry, worked on crucial projects + 66 months in Oil and Gas exploration PSU,a fortune 500 one, have done various critical operations and made some project cost effective. Have worked as team member, leader and led team in some critical jobs.
Extra curricular - Was president of one of the college sports club, Vice president of Mechanical Engineering Association of my college, Attached with CSR team at my company, Worked with an NGO working in field of child education, Have trekked to 3000 meters in Himalaya, studied Indian and general administration at micro level.
Post MBA goal - Want to migrate to an accelerated path of career growth, to have better decision making powers and to work in an competitive environment.

Please also suggest if my profile will be suitable for any other good MBA schools.. Thanks..

Hi Bn1509,

Hope this finds you well.

The GMAT is good, if not stellar and your leadership experience will hold value. Having said that, there are two things you will need to take care of in order to put forth a compelling case:
-A more specific set of career goals; of course, we don't want your goals to sound too exclusive; however, what you currently have in place does not do justice to why you would need an MBA. Moreover, the same does not sound very focused.
-The essays will be crucial - particularly how well you portray your career growth, achievements, and acquired skill-set. Moreover, your career goals will need to be in strong sync with your existing experience.

If you are able to take care of the above-mentioned points, you stand a good chance at Rotman.

All the best!

Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

Experts' Global Representative
B
Rotman Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Dec 2018, 01:08
meemam wrote:
Hi, I am planning to apply to Rotman in round 3. Some evaluation of my profile will help a lot.

Background and nationality: Indian Male

Undergrad Information: B Tech Mechanical Engineering from SASTRA University. GPA of 7.48
School: 12th -95% and 10th- 88%

GMAT: Expecting a score of 730

Work experience and leadership:
1) Worked for 2 years in Teach for India (an NGO) from May 2016 to April 2018 as a teaching fellow. Gave me the opportunity to teach kids of grades 4, 5 and 6. Through the 2 years works in many classrooms and community development projects to expose the kids to the outside world. Had a partnership with ASTEP ( Artists striving to end poverty) and had a Broadway actor to teach drama and mime to the class to help them better express themselves. The kids used this to present a mime in their community about a prevalent issue of Alcoholism. Conducted 2 citywide cultural and sports festival for 4000 kids. WAs in charge of events and logistics for the fest.
2) From May 2018 to October 2018 worked as a Business Analyst for a for-profit education startup. Did analysis of customer data to find patterns and maximize customer retention. Also in charge of sales, partnering with various schools to get them to use our products.
3) November and December, working part-time with same ed startup for Content Development for higher grades (8th to 12th )

Extra Curricular: Was a part of the college theatre team and have won many awards. Volunteered with an NGO during college. Have helped conduct 3 teacher training camps and a student empowerment camp in rural India.

What are my chances of getting in? Is there anything specific I should look out for in the application or interview?

Also please do suggest any other school to which I could apply to

Thanks.

Hello meemam,

Thanks for sharing your query.

The target GMAT score, experience with Teach for India, and extra-curricular activities sound good.

Having said the above, the career goals are an important piece in the applications puzzle and must flow in sync with your existing experience. As the same are not included in your query, we are unable to comment in detail. Furthermore, your current experience (which is part-time) may pose a few questions and hence you must be prepared with a suitable response for the same. Generally, schools would like to see you involved in full-time work and your part-time involvement may cause some concern.

To add to the above, chances in R3 will be substantially lower than the previous rounds particularly because you are an international candidate. We would, therefore, recommend that you apply in R1 next year (of course, it is advisable that you get involved in full-time work).

Thanks.

Alll the best!

Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

Intern
Intern
Re: Rotman Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2018, 05:51
Hi,
Please eval my profile for Roman
X- 90.8
XII- 94.4
B TECH(ECE)- 81.94

WORK EX- 8 years in Hydro Power Plant Operations that includes managing a team of 30 Technical professionals.
Keys role in establishing the Quality Assurance and Inspection Deptt. in the company.
Company - THDC India Limited, a mini ratna PSU

Part of Company's Table Tennis team and participated in National level tournaments.

GMAT- 740

Kindly advise

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
P
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2018, 07:49
Hello Sraghav786

The outline of your profile looks good. Past acads, GMAT, the national level TT experience and different work experience (versus the larger pool of Indian applicants).
No info on career goals though, a clarity on why MBA and why Rotman will be vital at the time of the interview.
Key for you is execution and what 'spike' you decide to show in your written application.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Sraghav786 wrote:
Hi,
Please eval my profile for Roman
X- 90.8
XII- 94.4
B TECH(ECE)- 81.94

WORK EX- 8 years in Hydro Power Plant Operations that includes managing a team of 30 Technical professionals.
Keys role in establishing the Quality Assurance and Inspection Deptt. in the company.
Company - THDC India Limited, a mini ratna PSU

Part of Company's Table Tennis team and participated in National level tournaments.

GMAT- 740

Kindly advise

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Intern
Intern
S
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2019, 00:47
Hi All,
Would appreciate a profile evaluation. Targeting R1 next year.

Background and nationality: Indian Female

Undergrad Information: B.Tech - ECE. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University(MSIT). CGPA: 9.0(one of the toppers of my stream)
10th : CGPA 10 (95%)
12th : CGPA 9.3 (88%)

GMAT: 760

Work experience and leadership : 4.5 years at present in a techno-functional role. Working as a Senior Software Engineer in Infosys Ltd serving domestic and international banks. Have worked with private, public sector and international banks, all at client site. Currently heading all clients in Africa and Sri Lanka region (about 2 years of international work ex). Regarded as a domain expert and have worked as a team lead in multiple project implementations.

Awards: Top Performer in the Entry Level Training, Most Promising Joinee Award, Listed as Infosys Pride Factor, Awarded by multiple clients for contribution to the project.
Was the head of Self-Governance Team in Infosys for a year.

Community and others : Associated with Leaders for Tomorrow and part of their project – Igniting Young Minds to provide life skills to the disadvantaged; Member of Help Age India in higher secondary for care of disadvantaged elderly.
Recently Joined Toastmasters. Awarded as Best Table Topic Speaker in the guest meeting. Event Head of Technical Fest in college ensuring a footfall of more than 2500 people in the event. Member of the organization committee of Infosys Finacle Fever’15.

Post MBA goals: Consulting.

Thank you for your help.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2019, 03:41
aroraishita02 wrote:
Hi All,
Would appreciate a profile evaluation. Targeting R1 next year.

Background and nationality: Indian Female

Undergrad Information: B.Tech - ECE. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University(MSIT). CGPA: 9.0(one of the toppers of my stream)
10th : CGPA 10 (95%)
12th : CGPA 9.3 (88%)

GMAT: 760

Work experience and leadership : 4.5 years at present in a techno-functional role. Working as a Senior Software Engineer in Infosys Ltd serving domestic and international banks. Have worked with private, public sector and international banks, all at client site. Currently heading all clients in Africa and Sri Lanka region (about 2 years of international work ex). Regarded as a domain expert and have worked as a team lead in multiple project implementations.

Awards: Top Performer in the Entry Level Training, Most Promising Joinee Award, Listed as Infosys Pride Factor, Awarded by multiple clients for contribution to the project.
Was the head of Self-Governance Team in Infosys for a year.

Community and others : Associated with Leaders for Tomorrow and part of their project – Igniting Young Minds to provide life skills to the disadvantaged; Member of Help Age India in higher secondary for care of disadvantaged elderly.
Recently Joined Toastmasters. Awarded as Best Table Topic Speaker in the guest meeting. Event Head of Technical Fest in college ensuring a footfall of more than 2500 people in the event. Member of the organization committee of Infosys Finacle Fever’15.

Post MBA goals: Consulting.

Thank you for your help.

A fellow Rotman applicant here. Safe to say, you have solid academics. One thing that I would like to see more is - a clear connection between your client handling/leadership role experiences and your post MBA goal of consulting. It maybe a straightforward answer for you, but make sure that you are able to clearly articulate this connection in your essays. A sense of numbers would also help. Apart from that, I really don't see a lot to pick on, but again, I am just an applicant and I am no expert. One question, however, is that why would you go for Rotman when your credentials are worthy of a top-50 b-school admit?

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Rotman Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here &nbs [#permalink] 14 Jan 2019, 03:41

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   [ 246 posts ] 

Rotman Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap