Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:02 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 248
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
Re: Rotman Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
an you guys please help me evaluate my profile.

Academics:-

10th (UP State Board): 74%
12th (UP Board of Intermediate Education): 76%
B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering (BBDNITM): 76%
M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering (National Institute of Technology, Durgapur): 8.72/10 CGPA
GMAT - 760, Q51 & V41

Work Experience:-

8 Years Work Ex., Project Engineer, Siemens Ltd

I am having Eight years of experience in the power sector. My stint in power sector has allowed me to experience various problems and challenges that the power industry is facing and has also given me the chance to work on various parts of project management – right from planning to implementation to execution. I have also closely worked with my international counterparts from companies from Germany, Ohio, US.

I handled 5 plus at given point of time with a team more than 5 people.

My role includes coordinating with Internal/ External partners, Internal such as Engg., Commercial, Project Mgt., counterparts from various locations of company and External – Customers, Suppliers/Vendors, Contractors. I am also engaged in coordinating project timelines with internal departments and external stakeholders and monitoring project timelines and deadlines.

Extra curricular:

While in Job:

Active team member of Great place to work Initiative.

Core committee member of Company Annual Day function and take a leadership for making the schedule and strategies to make it happen successful.

Organizing the departmental excursion trips

Development/customization of IT tools and services

While in College:

Training and placement representative from our branch. Here I was used to contact different company and conduct the smooth recruitment process on the campus.

Core member of Annual college fest and Gymkhana member. It is sport and cultural club of college, we raise the funding and sponsorship from the various organization such as SAIL, DVC.. and conducted the fest.

Received ONGC scholarship for outstanding performance on academic in the 1st and 2nd semester.

Participated in NSS(National social services) and encouraged the social backward children for study of nearby villages.

Hobbies:

Playing volleyball and Badminton

Let me know my chances for Rotman in particular and also other ways to improve my profile.

Post-MBA goals: Consulting, Strategy, Project management
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
WE:Information Technology (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Re: Rotman Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
My profile as follows:

Background and Nationality : Male, Indian

Education : X - 90%; XII - 95%;
Undergrad - CGPA 6.13 (Final Year 6.7) from NIT, Jaipur (Ranked under top 25 in India)

GMAT : About to give in 10 days. (Expecting a score of around 740 as per official mocks)

Work Experience : 3 years 3 months as an employee; 1 year startup experience during undergrad
1 year 9 months of work experience as an Associate Consultant (Promoted from Senior Analyst in an year).
Worked for an Australian based multi-national retail company on product information management.
Provided multiple technical solutions as a part of Request for Proposals to acquire new projects
Trained 6 people. Received star performer of the quarter award
Designed and developed a winning project of Informatica CLAIRE Hackathon'2019 representing CapGemini

1 year 6 months of work experience as a Business Analyst in a US based ecommerce startup
52nd employee of the company. Carried on various roles not limited to analytics, project management, operations and product.
Managed a team of 4 data analysts.
Won an intra function challenge for developing the best prediction model
Supposed to be promoted but I had to take a break from my professional career due to personal reasons (Can get this added to LORs)

1 year startup experience during undergrad days.
Cofounded a company with 3 others which primarily dealt with marketing through physical goods. Started with a very small market (limited to a few areas and colleges nearby our university.. including ours)
Marketed some renowned companies such as vivo mobiles
Won Rajasthan startup fest 2016 (State level startup comp)

On a break for 8 months due to personal reasons, but utilized this time to do some ground work on my long term career goals

LORs - Can get some really good LORs from both the organization I worked in

Extra Curricular -
Graduated in Universal Concepts of Mental Arithmetic Systems.
Distinction(Grade 10) in ‘International Standard of ABACUS Mental Arithmetic Proficiency Examination
Part of Organizing team for a fest in undergrad university. Also worked as executive for few other fests

If not Rotman, please recommend what others might take me in.

Thanks in advance!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Hello SaiPrasadKanteti

While I am no profile evaluation expert I can share some pointers on school selection

Unlike US, there are around 5-6 bschools in Canada who carry any kind of brand repute. The rest you can evaluate if you are looking for a high % of scholarship or full free ride.

Within the top cluster too you need to determine the state where you would be keen to work. Once thats done you can evaluate if you need an internship. This will resolve your 2 vs 1yr MBA dilemma
Once this is done you will find that there are only a handful of schools to apply.

SaiPrasadKanteti wrote:
My profile as follows:

Undergrad - CGPA 6.13 (Final Year 6.7) from NIT, Jaipur (Ranked under top 25 in India)

GMAT : About to give in 10 days. (Expecting a score of around 740 as per official mocks)

Work Experience : 3 years 3 months as an employee; 1 year startup experience during undergrad
1 year 9 months of work experience as an Associate Consultant (Promoted from Senior Analyst in an year).
Worked for an Australian based multi-national retail company on product information management.
Provided multiple technical solutions as a part of Request for Proposals to acquire new projects
Designed and developed a winning project of Informatica CLAIRE Hackathon'2019 representing CapGemini

1 year 6 months of work experience as a Business Analyst in a US based ecommerce startup
52nd employee of the company. Carried on various roles not limited to analytics, project management, operations and product.
Supposed to be promoted but I had to take a break from my professional career due to personal reasons (Can get this added to LORs)

Cofounded a company with 3 others which primarily dealt with marketing through physical goods. Started with a very small market (limited to a few areas and colleges nearby our university.. including ours)

On a break for 8 months due to personal reasons, but utilized this time to do some ground work on my long term career goals

Extra Curricular -
Distinction(Grade 10) in ‘International Standard of ABACUS Mental Arithmetic Proficiency Examination
Part of Organizing team for a fest in undergrad university. Also worked as executive for few other fests

Thanks in advance!

Posted from my mobile device
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi SaiPrasadKanteti,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Your profile looks good on the surface. Starting with the stats, your undergrad GPA is low, and you will need a high GMAT score to compensate for it. If you are able to score 740 or above, then it will compensate for your low GPA. And, if you want to target US schools, then 740+ is going to work. On the work front, you have pretty good experience in startups. If presented properly in light of the school's values, you will undoubtedly have an advantage over other candidates. I see you've had a variety of roles, which, if demonstrated well to adcoms, may place you in a good position. However, you will need to demonstrate your accomplishments and career progressions, as well as how you stand out in the pool.

Your ECs are good. UCMAS appears to be interesting. Are you currently involved in any community or NGO? ECs aren't about doing anything huge; they're about your hobbies and interests and what you enjoy doing outside of work. Rotman highly values diversity and excellence. You will need to bring these in your apps. It’s good to know you are utilizing your time in your long-term goals, great! What are your post-mba goals? Your post-MBA goals are important in shortlisting b-schools. Since your Business school acts as a launching pad for your career, it is critical to determine how well the school aligns with your post-MBA goals. For example, if you want to work for a specific firm, you should find out if they hire from the B-schools you've chosen. All the top business schools look for individuals who have realistic and achievable goals and a strategy for achieving these goals by getting an MBA from their school. You may want to read an article on how to choose the right mba program. You will get some insights :)

Overall you have a good profile. However, you will need to bring leadership and impact to your profile and exhibit how you are unique from others. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and gauge your fit for the b-schools. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Profile Analyst & Community Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

SaiPrasadKanteti wrote:
My profile as follows:

Extra Curricular -

Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 248
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
MBAandBeyond wrote:
Hi Alpha420,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Your profile looks food on the surface. Starting with stats, your undergrad GPA is good. You didn’t mention your GMAT score, assuming it to be 690, I suggest you retake GMAT and target the score of 720+ to be on the safer side. You may want to read an article on low GMAT success story to Rotman, you will get some insights :)

On the work front, I can see a good career trajectory. Working in MNC should imply some huge projects of yours. You have good leadership skills as well, so if communicated well, this can strengthen your apps. Your community involvement seems good. Your volunteering in different organization highlight an important trait of contribution to society. Speaking about all these with the right passion will bring diversity to your apps.

Your post-MBA goals are aligned with your prior work experience. Overall, you have a good profile and a decent chance at Rotman. If you are not retaking GMAT, you will need to work hard on your apps to exhibit your potential. You can also consider NYU, Ivey, and CBS these are coveted b-schools with respect to Finance because of their strong alumni base in the field of Finance, investing centers, and leading faculty. What’s going to matter most in your profile is connecting the dots and presenting a great story to stand out from other applicants in the pool. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you to discuss your profile in length and further chances to b-schools. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Testimonials

Alpha420 wrote:
Hey everyone,

Please evaluate my profile :

Background and nationality - Indian / Female / Engineer
Undergrad Information - B.tech in Electronics and communication, with 8.4/10 GPA from premier NIT

Work experience and leadership -

1) 4 years at US MNC, major asset management firm. Joined as SE and was promoted to Lead SE in 2020. Partly playing the role of product manager and managing cross-functional team of 10 members. Also working as Scrum Master and got certified.
- Demonstrated abilities to effectively communicate and organize ideas. Learnt new technical software quickly and became a single Point-of-contact in multi-national team in spite of being youngest member.
-Multiple performance awards.
- Part of C level meetings and consulting

Community and others -
1. Volunteered for several CSR programs in existing workplace. Visited schools in rural India and directly delivered educational sessions to over 60 children.
2. Volunteer at non-profit organization to assist physically handicapped applicants in interview preparation.
3. Organized community drive at workplace to distribute sports equipments to children from financially poor background.
4. Member of Toastmasters International Organization
3. In college, organized multiple college festivals and Model United Nations Conferences
3. 'C' certified NCC Cadet
4. During college, volunteered at ENACTUS organization. Part of social entrepreneurship program for women from rural households.

Post MBA goals
1. Initial plans - Get into finance analyst role in Asset Management firm. Also planning to write CFA level 1 exam in Feb 2022.
2. Long term goal is to make career in Sustainable Investing as Portfolio Manager

thank you MBAandBeyond for a thorough evaluation
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: Rotman '24
GMAT 1: 610 Q44 V30
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Hello Everyone,

Background and nationality - Male from India. Experience Designer.
Undergrad Information - I have completed my under graduation in Industrial Design with specialization in Product Design.

GMAT: I am yet to give the final exam. I have given two mocks and have got 670.

Work experience and leadership
I have a work experience of 3.5 years and will have close to 4.5 years of work experience by the time I join Rotman. I have worked in various roles as a junior designer, senior designer and design lead for various clients and industries.
- Demonstrated abilities to effectively communicate and organize ideas. Worked as a design strategist interacting with senior management for planning and executing design innovation.
- Led multiple projects (even being the youngest designer on board), helped the team with escalations and convincing the business the impact of design
- Showed the leadership the value and ROI on design through various metrics
- Involved in multiple client meetings, proposal, studio operations planning - demonstrating ability in presenting work to C level suite
- The work I did helped the company secure more deals and increase billing positions for the role of designer (Was successful in increasing the engagement from 1 project - 1 designer to 4 projects each with team of 2 or more designers)
- Learnt (and still learning) the business importance and aligning the design vision with the business vision

Community and others
- Conducted multiple software training sessions for the community as well as internal design team

International experience(if any)
- Was due to travel for onshore engagement unfortunately due to pandemic that did not convert. Worked on multiple international client projects from offshore, executing remote sessions and daily interactions with client team.
- Did an internship in Shanghai, designing products for the European and Asian Markets - executed end to end design from concept to manufacturing.

Post MBA goals
Join as a Business Designer. Work in consulting, strategy and innovation projects in various fields (probably Supply Chain and Ops since I see there is potential of design there).
In the long term, I am looking to lead Innovation and Design Strategy at firms and studios.

X-Factor - What makes you different?
Ah, interesting. As of now, I will put one thing - non traditional background as an applicant!
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi djbabloo,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Your profile looks good on the surface. Rotman has distilled their shared beliefs down to four fundamental principles (mentioned below), and they are looking for the same values and shared views in their applicants:

1. Diversity
2. Excellence
3. Integrity
4 Respect

You will need to craft your essays considering the values mentioned above. On the work front, your work experience seems interesting. I can see good leadership roles and impacting the organization (such as leading multiple projects and helped the company secure more deals). You will need to show your contributions and career progressions and how you stand out in the pool. You might include your international experience to give your profile a global view. For example, your internship experience in Shanghai would bring amazing stories. In terms of your community experience, try to bring something that demonstrates different aspects of your personality. In terms of the 'Spike factor,' you should exhibit characteristics that are unique to you and strong, such as passion or resilience, that can set you apart from others.

Your post-MBA goals are also logical and perfectly aligned with your prior work experience. To improve your chances, aim for a GMAT score of 710 or above. The most important part of converting with a good application is connecting the dots and creating a great story. You should read the low GMAT success story of an Indian engineer to Rotman, her story and tips, if nothing, it will give you a lot of confidence in owning up your own story! If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to Rotman. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Testimonials

djbabloo wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Background and nationality - Male from India. Experience Designer.
Undergrad Information - I have completed my under graduation in Industrial Design with specialization in Product Design.

GMAT: I am yet to give the final exam. I have given two mocks and have got 670.

Work experience and leadership
I have a work experience of 3.5 years and will have close to 4.5 years of work experience by the time I join Rotman. I have worked in various roles as a junior designer, senior designer and design lead for various clients and industries.
- Demonstrated abilities to effectively communicate and organize ideas. Worked as a design strategist interacting with senior management for planning and executing design innovation.
- Led multiple projects (even being the youngest designer on board), helped the team with escalations and convincing the business the impact of design
- Showed the leadership the value and ROI on design through various metrics
- Involved in multiple client meetings, proposal, studio operations planning - demonstrating ability in presenting work to C level suite
- The work I did helped the company secure more deals and increase billing positions for the role of designer (Was successful in increasing the engagement from 1 project - 1 designer to 4 projects each with team of 2 or more designers)
- Learnt (and still learning) the business importance and aligning the design vision with the business vision

Community and others
- Conducted multiple software training sessions for the community as well as internal design team

International experience(if any)
- Was due to travel for onshore engagement unfortunately due to pandemic that did not convert. Worked on multiple international client projects from offshore, executing remote sessions and daily interactions with client team.
- Did an internship in Shanghai, designing products for the European and Asian Markets - executed end to end design from concept to manufacturing.

Post MBA goals
Join as a Business Designer. Work in consulting, strategy and innovation projects in various fields (probably Supply Chain and Ops since I see there is potential of design there).
In the long term, I am looking to lead Innovation and Design Strategy at firms and studios.

X-Factor - What makes you different?
Ah, interesting. As of now, I will put one thing - non traditional background as an applicant!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Dear All,

I am planning to apply to ROTMAN for full time MBA program. I have taken my GMAT and scored a 710 ( Q 50, V35, IR 5, AWA 5). I am in a dilemma about whether to retake GMAT in order to improve my score. Given below is a detailed overview of my profile. I apologise for the long post. I would really appreciate some honest feedback.

Country of Origin : India
GMAT: 710
Work ex: 7.5 years
Industry: Education Management

Work Experience details:

Company : Allen Career Institute

1. Administrative Head: IIT Division, South India Headquarters (09/2020-Present) 2.Professor, Mathematics for IIT JEE preparation- (05/2016-Present)

Company: FIITJEE Ltd: Professor, Mathematics for IIT JEE preparation- 27 months : (12/2013- 5/2016)

Company: LG Soft India Ltd: Software Developer : 4 months (08/2013 - 11/2013)

Internship:

MITACS Globalink Fellow
Research Assistant, Queens University, Kingston,Canada (April 2012-July, 2012)

* Received letter of appreciation from Prime Minister of Canada

Education details:

B.Tech, ECE, IIT(ISM), Dhanbad

* OGPA: 9.16/10 (First class with distinction)
(Absolute scale)

Equivalent OGPA : 4/4

Class 12th: 96.75% (ISC)
Class 10th: 96.6 % (ICSE)

Awards & Accomplishments:

* Gold Medalist (Top of the class, Electronics & Communications Batch 2013, awarded by President of India)

* University rank 2 out of 1000 (for class of 2013, IIT Dhanbad)

* Nirja Sahay Gold medalist ( Awarded to the best graduate of the University)

* SBI Achiever’s Award ( Awarded to top 3 graduates of the University)

* OPJEMS scholarship (2013): National Scholarship awarded to meritorious students who display leadership potential.

* Outstanding Student Award for the academic year 2010-11.

* Selected for fully funded MITACS Globalink Research Internship, awarded only to the best undergraduates from across the world

* Secured an AIR of 4344 in IITJEE exam (2009)

* ICSE board Topper award of St. John’s Province (which consists of 21 schools across the country)

Positions of responsibility held:

* Secretary of Alumni Affairs (Executive position of Student Body Council ) : 2011-12

* Overall Class Representative (OCR) of the entire 2013 batch : 2012-13

* Class Representative of Electronics and Communication Department : 2010-13

Volunteering/Social work:

1. MITACS Globalink Ambassador (08/2012-09/ 2013): Provided guidance and support to prospective MITACS applicants.

2. Taught Computer science to my class 10th batchmates for an entire year at my highschool because of sudden unavailability of the Computer Science teacher and helped them in securing good score in 10th Board Examinations(ICSE).

3. Taught children living in slums for 1 year as a part of Kartavya, NGO (2009-10)

4. Helped in raising funds for the elderly for Helpage India foundation

Extra Curriculars:

1. Organised Alumni Reunion of IIT(ISM), Dhanbad for the year 2012

2. Organised multiple Events, Workshops and Conferences as a part of the responsibility of the Class Representative of Electronics and Communication department, IIT, Dhanbad

3. Participated in various workshops and competitions at IIT(ISM) , Dhanbad

4. Won multiple prizes in Quiz, Skit, Dance & Essay Writing competitions at School and Interschool level

5. Won multiple prizes in Sports & Athletics at School and Interschool level

Looking forward to some valuable input.

Warm Regards

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 1962
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Guys any idea how to convert Indian Percentage (Non-IIT) into Rotman required CGPA format?
My final year % is 90.75
and Overall is 84
any lead would be great help
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi NitinB,

Thank you for providing such detailed information on your profile. I see several aspects in your profile that will assist you in creating amazing apps. So let’s go through your profile one by one.

Academics: Exceptional, you leave no doubt on your academic potential. The average GMAT score for the Rotman School of Management MBA incoming class of 2022 is 670, while yours is 710. I believe you should concentrate on creating an application now, and your whole profile will compensate for any odds.

Work experience: I notice you've transitioned from IT to education management; you'll need to explain this in your apps. Aside from that, your professional experience is excellent, and your progression from professor to administrative head demonstrates your potential—especially your Canadian internship and receiving an appreciation letter from Canada's Prime Minister. Overall, a fantastic work experience.

ECs and Volunteer: Your volunteer work has primarily been in the area of education. You must discover why and explain it in your essays (I bet it will bring a very compassionate personality). You may explain how it has shaped your life both personally and professionally.

Other elements of your profile, such as your awards and accomplishments, are also noteworthy. You will need to bring some diversity and uniqueness to your profile. Your post-MBA goals are the only thing lacking here. Your post-MBA goals are critical in deciding on a business school. I would like to know about your post-mba goals to guide you more. You may want to read an article on low GMAT success story to Rotman, you will get some insights.

Overall a good profile and have a shot at your targeted b-school. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to the b-schools. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Testimonials

NitinB wrote:
Dear All,

I am planning to apply to ROTMAN for full time MBA program. I have taken my GMAT and scored a 710 ( Q 50, V35, IR 5, AWA 5). I am in a dilemma about whether to retake GMAT in order to improve my score. Given below is a detailed overview of my profile. I apologise for the long post. I would really appreciate some honest feedback.

Country of Origin : India
GMAT: 710
Work ex: 7.5 years
Industry: Education Management

Work Experience details:

Company : Allen Career Institute

1. Administrative Head: IIT Division, South India Headquarters (09/2020-Present) 2.Professor, Mathematics for IIT JEE preparation- (05/2016-Present)

Company: FIITJEE Ltd: Professor, Mathematics for IIT JEE preparation- 27 months : (12/2013- 5/2016)

Company: LG Soft India Ltd: Software Developer : 4 months (08/2013 - 11/2013)

Internship:

MITACS Globalink Fellow
Research Assistant, Queens University, Kingston,Canada (April 2012-July, 2012)

* Received letter of appreciation from Prime Minister of Canada

Education details:

B.Tech, ECE, IIT(ISM), Dhanbad

* OGPA: 9.16/10 (First class with distinction)
(Absolute scale)

Equivalent OGPA : 4/4

Class 12th: 96.75% (ISC)
Class 10th: 96.6 % (ICSE)

Awards & Accomplishments:

* Gold Medalist (Top of the class, Electronics & Communications Batch 2013, awarded by President of India)

* University rank 2 out of 1000 (for class of 2013, IIT Dhanbad)

* Nirja Sahay Gold medalist ( Awarded to the best graduate of the University)

* SBI Achiever’s Award ( Awarded to top 3 graduates of the University)

* OPJEMS scholarship (2013): National Scholarship awarded to meritorious students who display leadership potential.

* Outstanding Student Award for the academic year 2010-11.

* Selected for fully funded MITACS Globalink Research Internship, awarded only to the best undergraduates from across the world

* Secured an AIR of 4344 in IITJEE exam (2009)

* ICSE board Topper award of St. John’s Province (which consists of 21 schools across the country)

Positions of responsibility held:

* Secretary of Alumni Affairs (Executive position of Student Body Council ) : 2011-12

* Overall Class Representative (OCR) of the entire 2013 batch : 2012-13

* Class Representative of Electronics and Communication Department : 2010-13

Volunteering/Social work:

1. MITACS Globalink Ambassador (08/2012-09/ 2013): Provided guidance and support to prospective MITACS applicants.

2. Taught Computer science to my class 10th batchmates for an entire year at my highschool because of sudden unavailability of the Computer Science teacher and helped them in securing good score in 10th Board Examinations(ICSE).

3. Taught children living in slums for 1 year as a part of Kartavya, NGO (2009-10)

4. Helped in raising funds for the elderly for Helpage India foundation

Extra Curriculars:

1. Organised Alumni Reunion of IIT(ISM), Dhanbad for the year 2012

2. Organised multiple Events, Workshops and Conferences as a part of the responsibility of the Class Representative of Electronics and Communication department, IIT, Dhanbad

3. Participated in various workshops and competitions at IIT(ISM) , Dhanbad

4. Won multiple prizes in Quiz, Skit, Dance & Essay Writing competitions at School and Interschool level

5. Won multiple prizes in Sports & Athletics at School and Interschool level

Looking forward to some valuable input.

Warm Regards

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Hi Neha,

Thank you so much for such a prompt and a detailed response. I feel much better about my score now and your words have definitely instilled some confidence in me. I will work on the inputs provided by you, especially as to how I can bring out the uniqueness in my profile.

As far as my post MBA goals are concerned , I am targeting finance/strategy/leadership sectors. I am presently working on clearing CFA level 1 (as an initiative towards my post MBA goals). I am taking my CFA exam on 16/02/2022. I am planning to apply to ROTMAN sometime around may,2022 (for 2023 cohort).

Hopefully everything will fall in line.

Thank you once again for your valuable input.

Cheers,
Nitin
Send PM
Expert Reply
Pleasure is all mine NitinB. Your post-MBA goals appear to be different from your prior work experience. You must thoroughly explain the shift/change you wish to make and why also your CFA qualification will significantly boost your profile. So, best wishes for your further process.

Cheers!
Neha

NitinB wrote:
Hi Neha,

Thank you so much for such a prompt and a detailed response. I feel much better about my score now and your words have definitely instilled some confidence in me. I will work on the inputs provided by you, especially as to how I can bring out the uniqueness in my profile.

As far as my post MBA goals are concerned , I am targeting finance/strategy/leadership sectors. I am presently working on clearing CFA level 1 (as an initiative towards my post MBA goals). I am taking my CFA exam on 16/02/2022. I am planning to apply to ROTMAN sometime around may,2022 (for 2023 cohort).

Hopefully everything will fall in line.

Thank you once again for your valuable input.

Cheers,
Nitin
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
GPA: 2.94
Send PM