GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 31 Mar 2020, 20:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Please evaluate my profile for Ross

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 4
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Please evaluate my profile for Ross  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2020, 05:12
Female
Location- India
Work Experience - 5 years
GMAT Score - 720 (Q48, V41, IR6)

Professional details:

Organization 1 (One of the largest IT firms in India)

1. Worked as a corporate trainer for 2 yrs training batches of 80-100 trainees in technical subjects. Supervised the training of 200+ trainees as the batch owner, and served as SPOC. Handled assessments, prepared QPs for trainees at one of the largest training centres in India.

2. Switched over to delivery, and worked with Harley Davidson, providing production support. (6 months).

Organization 2 (A Swedish MNC)

Working as a PLM Consultant for 2 years now. Handled clients and delivery for Garrett motion (Honeywell turbo ltd). Developed an entire module from scratch and delivered to global customers. Handled sprint delivery and testing as well.

Extra-Curricular:

Grade A in Business English Vantage Certificate Vantage Exam by Cambridge University (Council of Europe Level B2)
    Volunteered and Participated in the Entrepreneurship Awareness Programme by AICTE
    Awarded 2nd prize for Inter-University Chancellor's Cup Group Discussion (State-Level)
    Awarded 1st prize in Declamation Contest by CMAI (State Level)
    Volunteered and Participated in Microsoft DreamSpark Yatra
    Volunteered in the organizing team for the 13th International Conference for Information Technology
    Awarded 2nd position in State Level Debate Contest by Rotary International

Short term goals - After having had broad exposure to the IT industry, and handling product and sprint delivery, I plan to use my MBA curriculum to help me pivot to a career in sales and marketing. This will help me gain a deeper understanding of product marketing, and I will also make sure that I get exposure at the regional level and understand other functions like Administration, Finance, etc.
SVP
SVP
P
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
Re: Please evaluate my profile for Ross  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2020, 07:02
Top Contributor
dips1122 wrote:
Female
Location- India
Work Experience - 5 years
GMAT Score - 720 (Q48, V41, IR6)

Professional details:

Organization 1 (One of the largest IT firms in India)

1. Worked as a corporate trainer for 2 yrs training batches of 80-100 trainees in technical subjects. Supervised the training of 200+ trainees as the batch owner, and served as SPOC. Handled assessments, prepared QPs for trainees at one of the largest training centres in India.

2. Switched over to delivery, and worked with Harley Davidson, providing production support. (6 months).

Organization 2 (A Swedish MNC)

Working as a PLM Consultant for 2 years now. Handled clients and delivery for Garrett motion (Honeywell turbo ltd). Developed an entire module from scratch and delivered to global customers. Handled sprint delivery and testing as well.

Extra-Curricular:

Grade A in Business English Vantage Certificate Vantage Exam by Cambridge University (Council of Europe Level B2)
    Volunteered and Participated in the Entrepreneurship Awareness Programme by AICTE
    Awarded 2nd prize for Inter-University Chancellor's Cup Group Discussion (State-Level)
    Awarded 1st prize in Declamation Contest by CMAI (State Level)
    Volunteered and Participated in Microsoft DreamSpark Yatra
    Volunteered in the organizing team for the 13th International Conference for Information Technology
    Awarded 2nd position in State Level Debate Contest by Rotary International

Short term goals - After having had broad exposure to the IT industry, and handling product and sprint delivery, I plan to use my MBA curriculum to help me pivot to a career in sales and marketing. This will help me gain a deeper understanding of product marketing, and I will also make sure that I get exposure at the regional level and understand other functions like Administration, Finance, etc.

Hi dips1122

Not sure if this still helps, but responding in case it does. While your acads are great, and you have some excellent ECAs, a pivot to sales and marketing through Ross might be a bit challenging. Also, while you are not ruled out at your current GMAT score, possibly a +20 there would be a bit more comforting.

Would suggest that in case you are looking to definitely move to a marketing role, you look at something more adjacent, such as product marketing.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Please evaluate my profile for Ross   [#permalink] 07 Feb 2020, 07:02

Please evaluate my profile for Ross

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: variantguy, anjalyly