It is currently 20 Sep 2017, 22:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2017, 05:01
Hi,

I'd love to hear your thoughts on my profile.

Recent qualification: MBA. GPA - 2.7
Work Experience: 6 years - 2 years in corporate sales; 1.5 years - Business Development support; 2.5 years - Digital Marketing at a funded start-up.
Social work: I'm sponsoring the education of 2 children; 1-week rehabilitation work in Nepal as part of the All Hands Volunteer team.
Gmat: I haven't taken it recently, but my last GMAT score was 700. I'll be taking it again this year.
Extra-curricular: I've been a part of organizing team in almost all my grad and undergrad years

Akanksha

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.84
CAT Tests
KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2017, 03:28
Work Ex: 3.5 years
GPA:9.08/10
GMAT: 740(Q49 V40 IR6 AWA5)
EXPERIENCE
Tata Consultancy Services, India,
• Successfully implemented Company’s 1st Cloud based CRM system in 12 diverse business region for a UK-based multinational.
• Designed and implemented deployment strategy for moving a manual sales, marketing and sales management system to a fully automated cloud based system.
• Designed proof of concepts leading to success in winning bids and projects in multiple industry sectors such as telecom and manufacturing.
• Discussed and trained client level users regarding efficient use of desktop and mobile systems for sales and services leading to fetching support contract for the company.
• Mentored 8 trainee associates and leading them to clear certifications and provide billable time to the client.
• Awarded with Star of the Month, Service and Commitment award for continuous learning and tremendous understanding of business systems.
• Awarded with Star Team award for structured and successful migrations leading to 93% customer satisfaction index.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Interests:
• Volunteer in events creating awareness towards social issues such as female foeticide, women education, etc.
• Active volunteer in flood, cyclone relief management teams.
• I run my own website based on travel photo blogs, short fictions, poetries in multiple languages such as English, Hindi and Oriya.
• Part of Corporate Photography Team; Managed the setup of 3 short films along with the role of a producer and screenplay writer.

Achievements:
• Green Friend Award in 2014-2015 for active participation in tree plantation program of Yuga Shrasta, Cuttack.
• Life jacket Honour Award in 2013 for helping flood affected people during severe thunderstorm and cyclone “Phailin” in Coastal Odisha.
• Active participation in the movement against female foeticide.
• Best student volunteer Award 2009-2010 in the field for creating social awareness for women education by The Mayurbhanj Society, Cuttack.
• Awarded 2nd Prize in Photography competition by College of Engineering and Technology, Bhubaneswar
• Certificate of Merit by CBSE for outstanding performance in a subject and for being among the top 0.1% of successful candidates.
• Certificate of merit in the 6th National Cyber Olympiad.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 4
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2017, 05:01
Hi

Hi

I am planning to apply to Kellog this year along with Stanford and MIT Sloan in Round 1. I would really appreciate if you could evaaluate my profile.

GMAT : 730

Profile:
Indian Male
Age 25

Education
- 7.73 GPA(scale of 10)
- Bachelors in Computer Science from NIT - Was in top 1% of the students who appeared for engineering exam across India
- Graduation Year: 2014

Work Experience:
- 3 years work ex, 4 years at the time of starting of the course

13 months with Samsung R&D, Delhi
- Worked on Tizen OS
- Worked on samsung smart TVs
- Got promoted within 8 months.

Left Samsung after 1 year and started my own startup. Worked on it for 2 years, before shutting it down.
- Raised funding which we eventually returned after we decided to shut down the company

Currently working as Assistant Marketing Manager at a Series B funded ecommerce startup
- handling Google and Facebook marketing
- handling monthly marketing budgets upto 160,000 USD or 10 million INR.

Extra- Curricular :
- Represented college in Nationals of Volleyball
- Was elected Sports seceretary in college
- Founded first cultural club of the college
- Core committee member of annual college fest

Post MBA goals
Work in marketing with top consumer companies for 4-5 years. Start my own company. (writing my essays around pursuing entrepreneurship as the eventual goal after gaining sufficient experience. The same reason why I joined another startup.)

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 225 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2017, 19:18
Hey Akanksha - thanks for sharing your profile. Your GPA will be a problem for Kellogg. The avg at the school is about a 3.6 which outs you well below the avg. Also, if your GMAT avg bears out from your practice tests, this score will also be be below the avg as well. So given you have not taken the GMAT I would really put a lot of focus there as you will need a high score to balance out your low GPA

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Expert Post
S

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2017, 19:21
Hey Satya - really nice profile on paper. Strong GPA and GMAT which have you competitive for Kellogg. Also, MBA ready work experience with some nice impact. Your ECs also appear strong and in line with the expectations at Kellogg. Now with Kellogg your MBA story will be critical so discount this part of the application, but you are certainly in play at Kellogg. Good luck!

Veritas Prep Reviews

Expert Post
S

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2017, 19:30
Hey Amdeep - Good profile here, stats are solid and will allow you to apply confidently but coming from a competitive applicant pool your story will have to help you stand out. You have interesting work experience which you will have to make sure your career trajectory is clear to admissions. Your goals seem to align well with your past which should help you and obviously Kellogg's marketing focus is well chosen for you. Focus on your story and you should have a chance at Kellogg

Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2017, 20:07
Dear All,

I am planning to apply to Kellogg for 1 year MBA Program. Please evaluate my profile and let me know my suitability for the Program. My profile details are below:

 Total Work experience - 6.5 years in consulting field.
 Currently, working as Senior Consultant/ Assistant Manager with PwC in its sustainability team.
 Female, Age 31 years
 Volunteer for UN, working for empowerment for women in Uganda
 Work Experience in 25/29 States in India and 3 countries - India, Bhutan and Bangladesh
 GRE Score - 314 (164 Quant and 150 Verbal)
 2 Publications in International Journal
 Education: Master of Technology in Environmental Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay, India
 CGPA - 4.27/5

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 4
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2017, 22:55
VeritasPrepDozie wrote:
Hey Amdeep - Good profile here, stats are solid and will allow you to apply confidently but coming from a competitive applicant pool your story will have to help you stand out. You have interesting work experience which you will have to make sure your career trajectory is clear to admissions. Your goals seem to align well with your past which should help you and obviously Kellogg's marketing focus is well chosen for you. Focus on your story and you should have a chance at Kellogg

Hey VeritasPrepDozie

Thanks for your reply. I understand the applicant pool I come from is very competetive. That is the resaon I am focussing on my experience of startup. My long term goal is to work as an independent marketing consultant to tech startups and technology companies and further down the years start my own marketing consultancy firm. Is there any specific you would recommend me to focus on in my essays?

Expert Post
S

Show Tags

New post 30 Aug 2017, 13:06
Hey Star - Thanks for sharing your profile. You have some nice work experience especially given all of your international exposure. Your GRE will be a problem ti converts to about a 620 on the GMAT scale and with Kellogg's avg at 730+ these days this will not serve you well. Have you considered taking the GMAT?

Veritas Prep Reviews

Expert Post
S

Show Tags

New post 30 Aug 2017, 13:10
Hey amdeep - I think it's connecting why you're so passionate about these goals and the impact you plan to make to these goals. I call it the "passion pitch" this is a personal way to allow you to stand out if done correctly

Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Aug 2017, 22:22
Hi guys,

Please evaluate my profile:

GMAT: 760 (QA50/VA42/IR8/AWA6)

Academic Profile:
B.E. Mechanical Engineering from a top private university (GPA: 8.51/10, translates to 3.4/4) - 2009
PGDM from an IIM (GPA: 9.21/10, translates to 3.7/4, Gold medalist - Institute rank 2) - 2012

Work Experience:
Currently working as a Senior Consultant (Strategy) at a Big 4.

Overall work ex:
Post Masters
2.5 years in Strategy Consulting (2 promotions)
~3 years in Banking (1 promotion; last designation: Senior Manager, Corporate Finance)
Pre Masters
~1 year as Manager in Pharma company (plant)

Extra curricular:
Won awards at several Inter university level singing competitions

International experience:
13 months: 7 months full time in UAE, 6 months full time in Hong Kong (both while working for a Strategy Consulting firm)

Post MBA ambitions: MBB in US/ Europe

I am planning to apply to INSEAD and Kellogg. What are my chances at Kellogg? Also, what other B Schools can I target with my profile?

Thanks in advance!

Expert Post
S

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2017, 12:22
Hey GS1607 - you have a really strong profile here. You have an elite GPA and GMAT score which help you a ton at a school as competitive as Kellogg. Your work experience is also very good with experience in both consulting and finance especially given your international exposure which should make sense given your future goals. I think you are a fit for Kellogg. I would also take a look at Booth, Ross, and Tuck as some other good options as well

Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 10

Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V40
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 01 Sep 2017, 00:10
Request to evaluate plz,

Background: Indian, male, 29 y.o.

Undergrad Information: Delhi University, Bachelor of Civil Engineering, 70.3% marks (top 10% of the batch) - graduated in 2010

GMAT: 740 (Q49 V40 IR7 AWA5.5)

Work experience and leadership:
7 years with the biggest infrastructure company of India.
Demonstrated leadership across various projects, both international and domestic.
Operations manager for EPC (Engineering Procurement and Construction) projects.
Team lead for design and execution of EPC jobs.
Have worked in Chicago, IL for one year on a new line of business
Have worked in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia as a Design lead for two months.

Community and others -
Worked for CRY (child Rights and You) Chicago Chapter and raised funds worth USD 7500 through various cultural events in the year 2014.
Cultural Secretary of a 15 year old Non-profit promoting dance, drama and music events for bringing about harmony in the community.
Part time music teacher for under-privileged with 50+ student strength.
Founder and Editor of an online Magazine with a 5000+ monthly readers.

Post MBA goals -
Short term (Work in operational optimization roles; operation consulting for infrastructure firms)
Long term (starting a world class cultural institution in India, helping people deal with stresses through creativity. Bringing about a change in the social harmony and creating value at the same time.)

Plz suggest!

breathe in.. and breathe out!

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 10

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Sep 2017, 05:25
VeritasPrepDozie wrote:
Hey GS1607 - you have a really strong profile here. You have an elite GPA and GMAT score which help you a ton at a school as competitive as Kellogg. Your work experience is also very good with experience in both consulting and finance especially given your international exposure which should make sense given your future goals. I think you are a fit for Kellogg. I would also take a look at Booth, Ross, and Tuck as some other good options as well

Thanks VeritasPrepDozie. Sounds encouraging. Do I have a shot at Wharton, and dare I say one of Harvard/ Stanford too?

Intern
Intern
B

CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2017, 17:30
Giving this shot with an updated profile.

Updated Profile:

Undergrad: Top 10 Public School (Top 5 Undergraduate Business Program)

GPA: 3.65

Work:
-2 Years as a Financial Analyst in a Healthcare commericial/corporate banking group at one of the 4 largest commercial banks in the US. Performed financial analysis of investment grade healthcare systems and developed a strong understanding of the provider space
-3 Years as a Management Consultant for a small healthcare consulting firm.I worked on projects with national healthcare medicaid managed care organizations over 6-7 states so I gained a lot of experience on the payer space and experience with the medicaid/medicare space in a multiple number of states. I've gained experience leading my own work streams and my recommenders (Partner, Senior Manager) can speak to my leadership ability and my client interactions very well.

Other:
-In college, volunteered abroad as an HIV/AIDs educator for a summer
-Currently involved in a few volunteering organizations but about to start a mentorship program this fall

GMAT
-690 (48Q 37V).

Goals for MBA:

-Healthcare. I'm passionate about the industry and I don't want to change industries. I want to leverage my experience in both the finance/provider and management consulting/payer space and move towards a healthcare technology focused start-up or even working within a healthcare provider in a management role. With that said, I'm targeting schools with strong placements/programs within healthcare (Kellogg, Fuqua, etc)

Any advice, tips, chances? Is this a reach

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 4

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2017, 02:51
Hi Guys,

Please help evaluate my profile for R1 Kellogg:

Undergrad: Business Finance in Top school in Southeast Asia

GPA: 3.89
GMAT: 700 (49Q 35V).

Work:
As of now, 2 years experience as management consultant in Big 3
-Worked in Bank transformation project (convincing senior management to implement new org. structure that is already implemented and yield productivity improvement by 30%)
-Worked in corporate due diligence in consumer product industry
-Worked in customer strategy for shopping malls (proposed turnaround strategy for one-loss making malls - $ 3M)

Extracurricular
- Provided pro-bono consulting to social enterprise
- Participated actively in mentorship program for student community
- Coached university business case club members on business case competition and consulting interviews.
- Led training program in office

Short term Goals :
- Return as a consultant (as scholarship candidate) specializing in retail and customer strategy. Gain interest in retail since young from family business (Drugstore chain in Southeast Asian Country). The last project in shopping mall even strengthen my interest in this area and will eventually run the family business in the long-run.
- Wanna gain expertise in Retail and customer centric approaches from MBA, develop leadership styles (as I will start to have more direct reports) and gain exposure to international experiences to broaden my perspective.

Any advice, tips, chances?

Thank you :)

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2017, 06:43
Kellogg Masters in Management:
Nationality - Indian
Gender - Female
Undergrad- B.Tech Civil Engineering at IIT (new) (cgpa 8.9 second in class)
GRE- 327 (Q-170, V-157, AWA-4.5)
Work exp-2 summer internships
Many extra curriculars and leadership positions, not very great but alright-like students representative, fest coordinator etc
Please evaluate my profile
P.S I have a C in statistics and programming will it be bad?
What are my chances? Should I try working for a year and then apply?

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!   [#permalink] 03 Sep 2017, 06:43

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   [ 137 posts ]