It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 18:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2017, 09:32
Hi Everyone-

Please can you evaluate my profile?

Undergrad: Tier 2 Public School in NYS state; GPA: 3.52

Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Work:
-3.5 years at a Big4 as a Senior Auditor performing Financial Statement Audits for Retail and Media Entertainment clients
-3 years at Top 5 Pharma Company (Market cap) as a Compliance Auditor performing FCPA and Sales and Marketing audits across all markets in the world- So a lot of experience working internationally across diverse teams and close interactions with Senior Leadership locally and internationally. Also- a lot of experience in managing and leading teams through these audits.
- 1.5 years now as a Finance Lead for the same pharma company performing Financial Analysis, Budgeting work for the R&D department.

GMAT
- Started studying. Not taken yet.

Goals for MBA:

-Healthcare. I'd like to stay in the same industry and branch out to the Commercial side of the business and ultimately manage a brand portfolio and become a GM/VP managing an international affiliate eventually.

Any advice, tips, chances?

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 238 [0], given: 0

Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2017, 16:59
Hey Rohit - Your GMAT will play a big factor in your overall competitiveness at Kellogg, so difficult to give you a real eval without this score. I will say, the rest of your profile is in line for Kellogg, but keep in mind you are coming from a very competitive applicant pool so you will need to aim to hit/exceed Kellogg's GMAT avg which is hovering around 730 these days. Also, don't ignore the importance of the essays at Kellogg. The school really takes these seriously so personal reflection is key here to maximize your chances

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Kudos [?]: 238 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 81 [0], given: 37

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 13:16
rohit9 wrote:
Hi Everyone-
Hi rohit9, happy to review your profile
Please can you evaluate my profile?

Undergrad: Tier 2 Public School in NYS state; GPA: 3.52

Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Work:
-3.5 years at a Big4 as a Senior Auditor performing Financial Statement Audits for Retail and Media Entertainment clients
-3 years at Top 5 Pharma Company (Market cap) as a Compliance Auditor performing FCPA and Sales and Marketing audits across all markets in the world- So a lot of experience working internationally across diverse teams and close interactions with Senior Leadership locally and internationally. Also- a lot of experience in managing and leading teams through these audits.
- 1.5 years now as a Finance Lead for the same pharma company performing Financial Analysis, Budgeting work for the R&D department.

GMAT
- Started studying. Not taken yet.

Goals for MBA:

-Healthcare. I'd like to stay in the same industry and branch out to the Commercial side of the business and ultimately manage a brand portfolio and become a GM/VP managing an international affiliate eventually.
I would say that a strong GMAT will help your chances, as well as making the effort to get to know Kellogg and WHY you see yourself fitting there. Visit, talk to current students and think about how your experience working in finance area in pharma can be helpful in sharing information with classmates. For some tips on the essays,
https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... mba-essay/ review this article and if you would like to talk about your situation in more detail, please reach out via this link: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/

Any advice, tips, chances?

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Kudos [?]: 81 [0], given: 37

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.46
WE: Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 13:21
Hi all, was hoping to get some feedback on my profile. Any input is appreciated!

GMAT: 750 (Q49, V42, 8 IR, 6 AWA)
GPA: 3.5/4 in Materials Science & Engineering at a Southern Ivy (Rice/Vanderbilt/Duke), awarded MSCI department's award for leadership as a senior.
Passed levels CFA levels 1 and 2

Extracurriculars during undergrad:
- Organizer of largest on-campus event, responsible for coordinating a week's worth of activities for a group of 300+ students. Worked with local businesses to sponsor the event, had 5-figure budget to work with, led team of 5 organizers
- Founder and president of club sports team
- Orientation advisor junior and senior years (highly competitive, ~10% of applicants are chosen to advise)
- Worked ~20 hours per week in nanotech research lab for 2.5 years on campus

Extracurriculars after graduation:
- Mentor for an inner-city youth baseball program
- Alumni admissions interviewer for alma mater
- Organizer of alumni affairs for the largest on-campus event mentioned above
- Play in amateur baseball league
- Occasionally foster for animal shelter (work hours permitting)

Work experience at time of application: (most recent first):

-1.5 years at boutique RIA in Texas ($6B AUM). Not much history of sending people to B-school, though almost all of senior mangement/C-Suite has MBA from top-10 schools. Started as an analyst on fixed income desk, after 9 months was promoted to associate and given PM-like responsibility for management of a $300M strategy (though no official PM or junior PM title). Expect to have responsibility for another strategy by the time I apply, bringing total AUM I am responsible for to ~$400M. Still have large analytical role with other fixed income strategies, use engineering background for coding & data analysis.

- 6 months as financial advisor with F100 insurance firm. Started here because I wanted to transition into investment management, left because role was more focused on sales than making investment decisions. Concerned this is a very weak part of my application.

- 1.5 years as management consultant in energy department for bronze-tier consulting firm with tech focus (think Quorum, Infosys, etc). Had projects on O&G supermajor & international government client, led offshore teams of 5-10 people on each project.

- Internship with NASA in R&D group as an undergrad. Worked with materials engineers to develop a prototype which was approved for further testing by management.

MBA goal: want to get MBA from top finance program to gain a formal finance education. Currently have very strong analytical skills stemming from engineering background but lack understanding of what makes a successful business tick, which I believe is of utmost importance for investment management. CFA curriculum has filled some of this gap, but is mainly focused on valuation. Also believe I need to improve soft skills to one day lead a team of analysts.

Post MBA goal: Junior PM or similar type role at major asset management firm, preferably one with fixed income focus (PIMCO/DoubleLine/TCW). Long-term goal is to become Chief Investment Officer of an AM firm.

Intern
Intern
B

KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2017, 15:27
Updating my post with a recent GMAT score:

Undergrad: Top 10 Public School (Top 5 Undergraduate Business Program)

GPA: 3.7

Work:
-2 Years as a Financial Analyst in a Healthcare commericial/corporate banking group at one of the 4 largest commercial banks in the US. Performed financial analysis of investment grade healthcare systems and developed a strong understanding of the provider space
-3 Years as a Management Consultant for a small healthcare consulting firm.I worked on projects with national healthcare medicaid managed care organizations over 6-7 states so I gained a lot of experience on the payer space and experience with the medicaid/medicare space in a multiple number of states. I've gained experience leading my own work streams and my recommenders (Partner, Senior Manager) can speak to my leadership ability and my client interactions very well.

Other:
-In college, volunteered abroad with a public health organization
-Currently involved in a few volunteering organizations but about to start working with a high school mentorship program this fall

GMAT
-720 (48Q, 41V)

Goals for MBA:

-Healthcare. I'm passionate about the industry and I don't want to change industries. I want to leverage my experience in both the finance/provider and management consulting/payer space and move towards hospital/provider strategy. With that said, I'm targeting schools with strong placements/programs within healthcare.

Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
B

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 4

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2017, 18:45
Hello from a fellow cubsfan :-)

I think overall your profile is strong. Strong GPA and solid GMAT score that will be in Kellogg's range. I think your work experience and mix of roles within healthcare is interesting, and I hope you can use the application essays to really showcase that passion you have for making an impact in healthcare. It sounds like maybe your extracurriculars are a little light. Kellogg is really tough as you know, so while I think you're competitive enough to be considered, there are no guarantees with a school at that level. So I hope you have a range of schools you're considering, including schools like Fuqua, that are also really strong for healthcare.

Best of luck!
Kate

cubsfan10 wrote:
Updating my post with a recent GMAT score:

Undergrad: Top 10 Public School (Top 5 Undergraduate Business Program)

GPA: 3.7

Work:
-2 Years as a Financial Analyst in a Healthcare commericial/corporate banking group at one of the 4 largest commercial banks in the US. Performed financial analysis of investment grade healthcare systems and developed a strong understanding of the provider space
-3 Years as a Management Consultant for a small healthcare consulting firm.I worked on projects with national healthcare medicaid managed care organizations over 6-7 states so I gained a lot of experience on the payer space and experience with the medicaid/medicare space in a multiple number of states. I've gained experience leading my own work streams and my recommenders (Partner, Senior Manager) can speak to my leadership ability and my client interactions very well.

Other:
-In college, volunteered abroad with a public health organization
-Currently involved in a few volunteering organizations but about to start working with a high school mentorship program this fall

GMAT
-720 (48Q, 41V)

Goals for MBA:

-Healthcare. I'm passionate about the industry and I don't want to change industries. I want to leverage my experience in both the finance/provider and management consulting/payer space and move towards hospital/provider strategy. With that said, I'm targeting schools with strong placements/programs within healthcare.

Kate Richardson
mbaMission

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: Human Resources, Technology
GPA: 3.53
WE: Human Resources (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2017, 14:13
Hi everyone! First-time poster, anxiously waiting to hear back from Round 1 applications. Wanted to share my qualifications to start getting a gauage if I should be starting Round 2 applications/planning to re-take GMATs. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Profile: 27 Male - Asian American
Undergrad: Top 25 US, Business - Finance and Strategy Consulting
GPA: 3.5, GMAT: 690 (Q48, V36, AWA 6, IR 7)
Job Experience: 6 years - Big 4 Consulting

Personal Evaluation of Strengths:
Full-Sponsorship to return to firm following graduation
6 years of global implementation experiences

Personal Evaluation on Weaknesses:
GMAT Score - especially in comparison to pool of similar candidates (Consulting, Firm Sponsorship)
Low undergrad business GPA in comparison to overall GPA - 3.2

My target program is the 1-year MBA from Kellogg.

Thanks in advance!

Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!   [#permalink] 18 Oct 2017, 14:13

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   [ 147 posts ] 

KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: Gnpth

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap