It is currently 17 Dec 2017, 02:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 11

WE: Analyst (Venture Capital)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2017, 04:32
kalst wrote:
Hello, Everybody,

I would be really glad to hear your feedback about my profile. I would like to apply for MBA at Kellogg starting in the autumn of 2018.

Current age: 30
Work experience:
- Various roles (Sales, Project management, Supply Chain, Mergers and Acquisitions) within leading aero-engine manufacturer. I have managed to deliver quantifiable deliverables in each of my roles - including a $2bn of benefits in my current role. Worked in Germany and UK
- Total approx. work experience at time of application ~6 years

Education:
B.A (Bulgaria/Germany, merit) Business Management and M.Sc (Singapore, top of the class) in Supply Chain Management

Other:
Started own business in UK, distributing an innovative supplement. Established supply chain for the product and launched with major retailers. Achieved break-even in 2 yrs
Partner in an infrastructure project for development of new airport in Bulgaria. Engaged and negotiated with investors form Asia, created the business plan for the project
Advisor at a start-up for chatbot technology
Contributing for charity organisation helping African businesses
Launched Leadership Programme for high school students in Bulgaria
Six Sigma Green Belt Certified, Project Management in Practice certificate

Race/nationality: White / Bulgarian
Sex: Male
GMAT Score: 650

Goal of MBA: Launch own business. In short-term, join a VC to get exposure to start-up culture and practices
Target Schools: INSEAD, Kellogg Cambridge, Oxford (mainly one year programs)

Thank you in advance for your time and support!

I would refine your short-term goal. A VC firm is not going to hire someone because that person wants exposure to start-up culture. Yes, VC firms interact with and advise start-ups, but ultimately their role is an investor. VC firms hire investors. If you're looking to get exposure to culture and practices, why not just join a start-up directly?

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 11

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2017, 00:48
Prices wrote:
kalst wrote:
Hello, Everybody,

I would be really glad to hear your feedback about my profile. I would like to apply for MBA at Kellogg starting in the autumn of 2018.

Current age: 30
Work experience:
- Various roles (Sales, Project management, Supply Chain, Mergers and Acquisitions) within leading aero-engine manufacturer. I have managed to deliver quantifiable deliverables in each of my roles - including a $2bn of benefits in my current role. Worked in Germany and UK
- Total approx. work experience at time of application ~6 years

Education:
B.A (Bulgaria/Germany, merit) Business Management and M.Sc (Singapore, top of the class) in Supply Chain Management

Other:
Started own business in UK, distributing an innovative supplement. Established supply chain for the product and launched with major retailers. Achieved break-even in 2 yrs
Partner in an infrastructure project for development of new airport in Bulgaria. Engaged and negotiated with investors form Asia, created the business plan for the project
Advisor at a start-up for chatbot technology
Contributing for charity organisation helping African businesses
Launched Leadership Programme for high school students in Bulgaria
Six Sigma Green Belt Certified, Project Management in Practice certificate

Race/nationality: White / Bulgarian
Sex: Male
GMAT Score: 650

Goal of MBA: Launch own business. In short-term, join a VC to get exposure to start-up culture and practices
Target Schools: INSEAD, Kellogg Cambridge, Oxford (mainly one year programs)

Thank you in advance for your time and support!

I would refine your short-term goal. A VC firm is not going to hire someone because that person wants exposure to start-up culture. Yes, VC firms interact with and advise start-ups, but ultimately their role is an investor. VC firms hire investors. If you're looking to get exposure to culture and practices, why not just join a start-up directly?

Good morning, Price,

Thank you for reading through my profile and for your suggestion. You are right - joining an actual start-up could provide a great exposure and I need to address this question when preparing my applications.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2017, 04:27
Hi,

My aim is to apply for a 2 year MBA at Top 10 US Business Schools (specifically HSW, Kellogg, Tuck, Yale/Haas and Columbia) and INSEAD for the batch of 2021 (I intend to apply in 2018). Would be great to get your feedback.

Nationality: Indian

Current Age: 24

Undergrad: Studied Business at a Tier 1 Indian Business College (Part of Delhi University) - Not as popular as IIT, St. Stephens, SRCC but has a recent record of admits to Wharton, Kellogg, Booth, INSEAD and lower ranked schools

GPA: 3.85 according to WES, ~78% on a percentage scale

GMAT score: Yet to take. Target score 760 (Scored 710 and 720 in diagnostic, after preparing for a month)

Work ex: ~3.5 years (~4 at the time of applying) of which:

- Worked for ~3 years at Bain & Company's Bain Capability Centre (hires from top undergrad colleges in India) where I did consulting like work in the Private Equity Group, Consumer Products & Retail and also help setup the Zero Based Budgeting Practice for Bain globally (was part of Bain's first ZBB engagement). At the time of leaving, I was managing 2-3 analysts on a case.
- Post Bain, I worked at LinkedIn as a contract Sales Strategy and Operations Associate (internal consulting for the sales team) for 3 months - could have continued, but didn't want to stay on contract and also wanted to change industries to non profit.
- Now I have moved to East Africa and am a part of the internal consulting team of this reputed East Africa based Non profit that works for farmers (founded by a Kellogg Alum). I am helping the organization scope new products in order for them to expand their portfolio. This move was driven by my longing to do meaningful work while I still can, and also to identify if I'd want to pursue my masters in public policy/administration instead of business

Extracurriculars:

- Was part of the college chapter of Enactus (an international non profit that helps develop businesses for the underprivileged. Addressed the problems of sanitation in slums of Delhi and the issue of paper wastage, while creating employment opportunities for 50+ underprivileged individuals. Led marketing and fundraising for these ventures. Our college Enactus chapter is one of the most active in the country and won the national championship twice during my association
- Nothing spectacular post college. Was leading training initiatives for new analyst hires at Bain. Developed content, organized onboarding and through the year training sessions. Also participated in community giving initiatives at Bain consistently

International Experience:

- Worked with International clients (not onsite) spread all across the world, through my time at Bain. Also went for global trainings.
- At LinkedIn, I was part of a multi-cultural team spread across APAC
- Currently divide time between Kigali and Nairobi. Part of a diverse team that includes a lot of Americans, some Europeans and East Africans.

Post MBA goals: Slightly fluid right now. Confused between:

- going back to MBB consulting (this time client facing instead of remote) with the end goal of moving to a development consulting firm/non profit in a leadership role (non-profits and dev. consulting firms don't hire internationals directly out of b-schools, plus I will have debt burden so won't be able to opt for an average paying job)
- product marketing at internet companies (think Google, Facebook and LinkedIn)
- sales strategy/business strategy at internet companies (sort of like internal consulting teams at tech. firms)

I know there is still about a year to go, but I want to get some early feedback so that I can fill any gaps that will prevent me from getting an admit to target schools. Also would be great to know what you think of my profile as of now, as I believe I will struggle to get time to improve it drastically over the next one year (driven by a new and hectic job in a new industry and geography)

Thanks,
Divik

MBA Strategy Admissions Consultant
B

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2017, 12:28
divikgirdhar wrote:
Hi,

My aim is to apply for a 2 year MBA at Top 10 US Business Schools (specifically HSW, Kellogg, Tuck, Yale/Haas and Columbia) and INSEAD for the batch of 2021 (I intend to apply in 2018). Would be great to get your feedback.

Nationality: Indian

Current Age: 24

Undergrad: Studied Business at a Tier 1 Indian Business College (Part of Delhi University) - Not as popular as IIT, St. Stephens, SRCC but has a recent record of admits to Wharton, Kellogg, Booth, INSEAD and lower ranked schools

GPA: 3.85 according to WES, ~78% on a percentage scale

GMAT score: Yet to take. Target score 760 (Scored 710 and 720 in diagnostic, after preparing for a month)

Work ex: ~3.5 years (~4 at the time of applying) of which:

- Worked for ~3 years at Bain & Company's Bain Capability Centre (hires from top undergrad colleges in India) where I did consulting like work in the Private Equity Group, Consumer Products & Retail and also help setup the Zero Based Budgeting Practice for Bain globally (was part of Bain's first ZBB engagement). At the time of leaving, I was managing 2-3 analysts on a case.
- Post Bain, I worked at LinkedIn as a contract Sales Strategy and Operations Associate (internal consulting for the sales team) for 3 months - could have continued, but didn't want to stay on contract and also wanted to change industries to non profit.
- Now I have moved to East Africa and am a part of the internal consulting team of this reputed East Africa based Non profit that works for farmers (founded by a Kellogg Alum). I am helping the organization scope new products in order for them to expand their portfolio. This move was driven by my longing to do meaningful work while I still can, and also to identify if I'd want to pursue my masters in public policy/administration instead of business

Extracurriculars:

- Was part of the college chapter of Enactus (an international non profit that helps develop businesses for the underprivileged. Addressed the problems of sanitation in slums of Delhi and the issue of paper wastage, while creating employment opportunities for 50+ underprivileged individuals. Led marketing and fundraising for these ventures. Our college Enactus chapter is one of the most active in the country and won the national championship twice during my association
- Nothing spectacular post college. Was leading training initiatives for new analyst hires at Bain. Developed content, organized onboarding and through the year training sessions. Also participated in community giving initiatives at Bain consistently

International Experience:

- Worked with International clients (not onsite) spread all across the world, through my time at Bain. Also went for global trainings.
- At LinkedIn, I was part of a multi-cultural team spread across APAC
- Currently divide time between Kigali and Nairobi. Part of a diverse team that includes a lot of Americans, some Europeans and East Africans.

Post MBA goals: Slightly fluid right now. Confused between:

- going back to MBB consulting (this time client facing instead of remote) with the end goal of moving to a development consulting firm/non profit in a leadership role (non-profits and dev. consulting firms don't hire internationals directly out of b-schools, plus I will have debt burden so won't be able to opt for an average paying job)
- product marketing at internet companies (think Google, Facebook and LinkedIn)
- sales strategy/business strategy at internet companies (sort of like internal consulting teams at tech. firms)

I know there is still about a year to go, but I want to get some early feedback so that I can fill any gaps that will prevent me from getting an admit to target schools. Also would be great to know what you think of my profile as of now, as I believe I will struggle to get time to improve it drastically over the next one year (driven by a new and hectic job in a new industry and geography)

Thanks,
Divik

Hi Divik,
thank you for sharing your profile! I'd advise you to focus on your first post-MBA goal's version and work actively on your leadership background: what have you done to bring impact? how are you going to change certain things after MBA? Why do you believe you're capable to make changes? Prepare good examples of your leadership roles and make new ones (resulting in measurable achievements and changes) during 2017-2018 years to strengthen your profile as a strong leader.

Victoria, MBA Strategy Application Team Lead
Find a Lot of Answers to Top Schools Admissions on Our Blog

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 257 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2017, 18:04
Hey kalst thanks for sharing your profile. Really strong work experience that will certainly help you stand out especially if you can highlight some good anecdotes with nice impact this will help you out. It seems like you performed well in undergrad but your GMAT is about 80 points off the avg score for Kellogg, which will really hurt your candidacy given how competitive Kellogg is. Now for your career goals your GMAT will not play a role which will help you but Kellogg still may be tough for you to crack even with that.

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Expert Post
G

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2017, 18:18
Hey divikgirdhar thanks for sharing your profile. Pretty impressive profile you have there and if you are able to hit your GMAT targets I don't see any reason why you would not be a strong contender for a spot at Kellogg. Only thing I would work on is continuing to develop your ECs.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Expert Post
G

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2017, 18:43
Hey rambani87 thanks for sharing your profile. Solid GMAT, good GPA, no clear ECs, good work experience at a brand name firm. I think you should have a good shot at Kellogg's PT program. Whip up some strong essays and you should be competitive

Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2017, 02:28
Hi all, I'm an Indian male (I know, I know) and I'm planning to apply in Round 2.

GMAT: 750 (Q49/V42)
GPA: 3.5 equivalent from Tier 1 engg. college.
Work ex: 1 year of experience working in operations a large consumer goods company, followed by 2.5 years in product/marketing as the youngest founding member of a startup (now funded by tier 1 american VCs).
Goals: I am looking to transition into a PM/strategy role at a large consumer internet company, followed by entrepreneurship in India.

Extracurriculars: Co-founded 2 clubs in college and did lots of volunteer work. No volunteer work after graduation though.

Can you please share some feedback on my profile, my admission chances and what my approach should be to tackle the essay? Much thanks.

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 76

Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V30
GPA: 3.25
WE: Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2017, 09:13
Hi,

Can you evaluate my profile for Kellogg 1 year MBA and Cornell Johnson 1 year MBA

GMAT Score 1: 670 (Taking the test again in December: Hitting 710-740 in GMATPrep Tests)
10th - 87%
12th - 51%
Graduation- BTech - GPA 3.3
MBA/PGDRM from Institute of Rural Management Anand, Batch of 2014. - 74.67% (Grade B)

3.5 Years of experience in the Corporate Banking space: 1.5 years with Citibank N.A. and 2.0 years (ongoing) with Yes Bank in Multinational Corporate Banking as a relationship manager handling the MNCs present in entire state.

Achievements: Recognition by Business Head in Yes bank for onboarding a large AAA corporate.
Recognition from the Transaction Banking Head for promoting retail sales through Alliance: Ranked 3rd across India.

Consulting activities: Have devised a Customer Relationship Management strategy and built tools to enhance the customer persistency for a micropension product f National Pension Scheme of India.
Have devised a go-to-market strategy for Vasudhara Ghee brand of AMUL.
Successfully developed an implementable marketing plan for AXIOSTAT. It is a product developed by Axiobio Solution Pvt. Ltd.

Extracurricular: Have been a cultural secretary during my tenor in MBA program and have successfully organized many cultural nights/events in IRMA.
Have been a founding member of IRMA Social Entrepreneurship Cell and made a proposal to the board of IRMA for setting an incubation centre for IRMA. Three years hence, they have successfully raised seed capital for the incubation centre.

Social work - associated with Kisan Party of India for supporting/guiding farmers for arranging the financing requirements to invest in modern farming techniques- microirrigation in particular.

Post MBA Goals: To start my own fintech company that focuses on transaction banking product- factoring and forfaiting- for easing the working capital requirements of Small and Medium Enterprises. Connect SMEs with the large factor agencies/corporation through a platform.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 76

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2017, 05:18
Hi guys!!
Need some feedback on my profile and steps ahead as I plan on applying in fall 2018! It would be great if I get some solid guidance amongst alumni with prior application experience :)
So, basics:

GMAT score: 710
Degrees:
B.Sc. (Statistics) with Economics honours certification, GPA: 3.85/4
M.Sc. ( Economics) with GPA: 2.92/4
Work experience:
2 years of analytical consulting experience within the retail domain with a recent promotion and several on-shore assignments.
Lookout for a job currently in the social consulting space/ holding offer with a consumer products company.

Several internship experiences ( National Stock Exchange, wealth management firm)

Extra-curricular:
Mentor at an educational NGO that aims at ensuring sustainable outcomes for students of shelter homes where I lead a group of 40+ volunteer workforce that looks after teaching students in the subjects of English and math, raised around 1 lakh funds for the same in the course of a year, organized several city wide events and awareness campaigns for the same.

Trained classical dancer and singer with certification of 3 and 5 years respectively.

Learning French on a professional level.

Participated and won in regular elocution, debate, seminars, festivals in school and college in capacity of an organizer and a delegate.

Selected for a 3 week Indian leadership exchange program by NYU Stern School of business in New York while pursuing undergraduation

The above captures briefly about my accomplishments so far. Please advise on the kind of colleges I should reach out for and the value additions that would help me in the next year before applying. Thanks in advance :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Last edited by Taanya Khare on 20 Nov 2017, 10:50, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 5

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2017, 10:22
Hi Taanya Khare, I just responded to your post on the Yale thread, so see my post at: https://gmatclub.com/forum/want-to-get- ... l#p1965497

Thanks!
Kate

Taanya Khare wrote:
Hi guys!!
Need some feedback on my profile and steps ahead as I plan on applying in fall 2018! It would be great if I get some solid guidance amongst alumni with prior application experience :)
So, basics:

Degrees:
M.Sc. ( Economics) with GPA: 2.92/4
Work experience:
2 years of analytical consulting experience within the retail domain with a recent promotion and several on-shore assignments.
Lookout for a job currently in the social consulting space/ holding offer with a consumer products company.

Several internship experiences ( National Stock Exchange, wealth management firm)

Extra-curricular:
Mentor at an educational NGO that aims at ensuring sustainable outcomes for students of shelter homes where I lead a group of 40+ volunteer workforce that looks after teaching students in the subjects of English and math, raised around 1 lakh funds for the same in the course of a year, organized several city wide events and awareness campaigns for the same.

Trained classical dancer and singer with certification of 3 and 5 years respectively.

Participated and won in regular elocution, debate, seminars, festivals in school and college in capacity of an organizer and a delegate.

Selected for a 3 week Indian leadership exchange program by NYU Stern School of business in New York while pursuing undergraduation

The above captures briefly about my accomplishments so far. Please advise on the kind of colleges I should reach out for and the value additions that would help me in the next year before applying. Thanks in advance :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kate Richardson
mbaMission

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Expert Post
S

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2017, 10:50
Hi figureofwrit!

Great GMAT and GPA stats. I really like your work experience, and mix of big company & startup. Your mix of operational and marketing experience (plus entrepreneurial!) should prepare you well for your goals.

Extracurriculars will be a weakness. Mention what you have from college. Perhaps include hobbies or other personal accomplishments on your resume too.

Also make sure, when you talk about why Kellogg, and your plans for growth there in the essay, that you don't just talk about career/academic growth, talk about your personal growth and how you'll contribute to the community there too. You can read our other Kellogg essay tips here: https://www.mbamission.com/blog/2017/06 ... 2017-2018/

Good luck!
Kate

figureofwrit wrote:
Hi all, I'm an Indian male (I know, I know) and I'm planning to apply in Round 2.

GMAT: 750 (Q49/V42)
GPA: 3.5 equivalent from Tier 1 engg. college.
Work ex: 1 year of experience working in operations a large consumer goods company, followed by 2.5 years in product/marketing as the youngest founding member of a startup (now funded by tier 1 american VCs).
Goals: I am looking to transition into a PM/strategy role at a large consumer internet company, followed by entrepreneurship in India.

Extracurriculars: Co-founded 2 clubs in college and did lots of volunteer work. No volunteer work after graduation though.

Can you please share some feedback on my profile, my admission chances and what my approach should be to tackle the essay? Much thanks.

Kate Richardson
mbaMission

mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders

Expert Post
S

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2017, 11:03
Hi NikGujju,

Sounds like you've had some great work achievements. The MNC exposure is great too.

I think the challenges for you are a ) GMAT (glad you are retaking!) and b) articulating clear & realistic career goals that explain why you need an MBA (when you already have a post grad business degree). With that in mind, I do see why the 1 year program would be a good fit for you.

Good luck!
Kate

NikGujju wrote:
Hi,

Can you evaluate my profile for Kellogg 1 year MBA and Cornell Johnson 1 year MBA

GMAT Score 1: 670 (Taking the test again in December: Hitting 710-740 in GMATPrep Tests)
10th - 87%
12th - 51%
Graduation- BTech - GPA 3.3
MBA/PGDRM from Institute of Rural Management Anand, Batch of 2014. - 74.67% (Grade B)

3.5 Years of experience in the Corporate Banking space: 1.5 years with Citibank N.A. and 2.0 years (ongoing) with Yes Bank in Multinational Corporate Banking as a relationship manager handling the MNCs present in entire state.

Achievements: Recognition by Business Head in Yes bank for onboarding a large AAA corporate.
Recognition from the Transaction Banking Head for promoting retail sales through Alliance: Ranked 3rd across India.

Consulting activities: Have devised a Customer Relationship Management strategy and built tools to enhance the customer persistency for a micropension product f National Pension Scheme of India.
Have devised a go-to-market strategy for Vasudhara Ghee brand of AMUL.
Successfully developed an implementable marketing plan for AXIOSTAT. It is a product developed by Axiobio Solution Pvt. Ltd.

Extracurricular: Have been a cultural secretary during my tenor in MBA program and have successfully organized many cultural nights/events in IRMA.
Have been a founding member of IRMA Social Entrepreneurship Cell and made a proposal to the board of IRMA for setting an incubation centre for IRMA. Three years hence, they have successfully raised seed capital for the incubation centre.

Social work - associated with Kisan Party of India for supporting/guiding farmers for arranging the financing requirements to invest in modern farming techniques- microirrigation in particular.

Post MBA Goals: To start my own fintech company that focuses on transaction banking product- factoring and forfaiting- for easing the working capital requirements of Small and Medium Enterprises. Connect SMEs with the large factor agencies/corporation through a platform.

Kate Richardson
mbaMission

Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 42

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2017, 14:03
[quote="Taanya Khare"]Hi guys!!
So, basics:
Hi Taanya Khare, happy to give some thoughts here...
Degrees:
M.Sc. ( Economics) with GPA: 2.92/4 Ouch on the masters.... you may want to provide some context here- is there something that made it harder to do well? working also while in school? The GMAT is on the lower side for Kellogg.
Work experience:
Lookout for a job currently in the social consulting space/ holding offer with a consumer products company. Good that you are applying in next year as just 2 yrs of work is on the lower side- and you might have more insight about career next steps with additional work experience.

Extra-curricular:
Interesting leadership and extracurriculars here- give more details about how you were able to be effective when you write your essays.

The above captures briefly about my accomplishments so far. Please advise on the kind of colleges I should reach out for and the value additions that would help me in the next year before applying. Thanks in advance :) [/color]
[color=#0000ff]One thing you can do this year is consider our early edge program where we would work with you this year- BEFORE applying and help do an audit of all your major strengths and weaknesses and help you to develop a plan that addresses weaknesses this year- so that you are really ready to apply next year. To learn more- go to this site for a free consult: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 42

Expert Post
G

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2017, 17:07
Hey figureofwrit thanks for sharing your profile

You have a strong profile which will put you right in play for a school like Kellogg, your ECs are light especially since it seems you don't have any recent engagement which a school like Kellogg values. Outside of that your essays will help you separate from your competitive pool of applicants so at this point these are far and away the most important thing for you. That's a good place for you to be in, so knock out those essays and get that admit!

Veritas Prep Reviews

Expert Post
G

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2017, 17:17
Hey NikGujju thanks for sharing your profile. Fairly unique profile coming from the retail bank world, this is well aligned with your future career goals so make sure you are making a "passion pitch" here to really sell it and connect with the AdComm.

Now to the eval....you are low on both the GPA and GMAT which will make things really tough for you given these competitive programs. I would recommend trying to aim higher for your GMAT to give yourself better odds

Veritas Prep Reviews

Expert Post
G

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2017, 17:51
Hey taanya Khare thanks for sharing your profile. I'm a little surprised how low you're grad school GPA, usually we see an inverse there with the UG being lower than the masters. Would be curious to know what happened there

I think Kellogg will be a little tough for you given your applicant pool and GMAT, any thoughts on a retake?

Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 7

GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.73
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2017, 22:03
Hello experts!

I'm applying this year and my goal is that I MUST get admission for intake 2018 because of some personal reason. I hope your opinions can give me reasonable expectation on my chance with Kellogg this year:

Nationality: Vietnam
Education:
- Bachelor of accounting (local school, low ranking) - GPA 3.73, dean's list in 2 years

Extra curricular:
- Lecturer at Education Start-up (6 months)
- Tedx local Event: organizing volunteer
- Operation Smile (1,3 year): non-medical volunteer (coordinate volunteers for 5-7 medical missions) and research volunteer for an international medical research by Operation Smile US
- International Film Festival as organizing volunteer (2 times)

Work experience: 2,5 year
- EY: Auditing associate (2 year). Before leaving, I was temporary promoted to senior associate to lead a 6-member team under a complex consolidation auditing engagement for a new client (a listed, high-profile client in forestry industry)
- PwC: Management Consultant (Operation competencies - Cost analysis mainly) (6 months): I just finish a project on cost saving analysis for a Logistics firm.

GMAT:
- 1st attempt: 690 (Q49, V35)
- 2nd attempt: 730 (Q49, V39)

Completed Course:
- Business analytics (Operation/Accounting/People/Customer analytics) from Wharton on Coursera (very short course, not sure these course have value for application)
- The Analytics Edge from MITx on EdX (focus on Analytics using R)
- Introduction to Computer Science using Python by MITx on Edx
- The Edge of Sustainable development from Columbia on Coursera

Other language proficiency:
- Basic level of German >> Pursuing Intermediate and Advanced level

My targeted program: full-time MBA in Business Analytics

Thank you!!

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 7

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
G

Kudos [?]: 257 [1], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2017, 23:21
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hey blinh1212 thanks for sharing your profile. You should be competitive for a spot at Kellogg with your strong GMAT and GPA and good work experience. You will be on the young end so make sure you are communicating maturity and self-awareness and you should be in good shape

Veritas Prep Reviews

Kudos [?]: 257 [1], given: 0

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 92 [1], given: 42

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2017, 11:04
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
blinh1212 wrote:
Hello experts!

I'm applying this year and my goal is that I MUST get admission for intake 2018 because of some personal reason. I hope your opinions can give me reasonable expectation on my chance with Kellogg this year:
Hi @Blinh1212, not sure what your personal reason is- but happy to help give you my thoughts on your profile.
Nationality: Vietnam
Education:
- Bachelor of accounting (local school, low ranking) - GPA 3.73, dean's list in 2 years Good grades, you also will benefit in that there are not as many females from Vietnam applying to US B schools compared to some other locations around the world.

Extra curricular:
- Lecturer at Education Start-up (6 months)
- Tedx local Event: organizing volunteer
- Operation Smile (1,3 year): non-medical volunteer (coordinate volunteers for 5-7 medical missions) and research volunteer for an international medical research by Operation Smile US
- International Film Festival as organizing volunteer (2 times) All this looks strong, shows good leadership and passion for helping others

Work experience: 2,5 year
- EY: Auditing associate (2 year). Before leaving, I was temporary promoted to senior associate to lead a 6-member team under a complex consolidation auditing engagement for a new client (a listed, high-profile client in forestry industry)
- PwC: Management Consultant (Operation competencies - Cost analysis mainly) (6 months): I just finish a project on cost saving analysis for a Logistics firm.
While the tenure is on the lighter side, the promotion is good and work is solid. what did you do since leaving? ideally it helps to be currently employed when applying to b school although there are certainly exceptions to this rule.
GMAT:
- 1st attempt: 690 (Q49, V35)
- 2nd attempt: 730 (Q49, V39)The 730 with the Q49 is very solid

Completed Course:
- Business analytics (Operation/Accounting/People/Customer analytics) from Wharton on Coursera (very short course, not sure these course have value for application)
- The Analytics Edge from MITx on EdX (focus on Analytics using R)
- Introduction to Computer Science using Python by MITx on Edx
- The Edge of Sustainable development from Columbia on Coursera
This shows you value continued education!
Other language proficiency:
- Basic level of German >> Pursuing Intermediate and Advanced level

My targeted program: full-time MBA in Business Analytics I think you have a very strong profile! If you'd like to do a free consult with us, we can go into more depth about your application strategy and would be happy to assist you in any way you'd like.
Link for free consults here: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/

Thank you!!

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Kudos [?]: 92 [1], given: 42

Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!   [#permalink] 27 Nov 2017, 11:04

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10    Next  [ 194 posts ] 

KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Gnpth

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap