GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Sep 2018, 00:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2018, 03:34
Please find below my profile for evaluation. Highly appreciate for this great help.
Nationality: Indian; Male 27 yrs
Undergrad: Btech Civil, from 5th ranking National institute of Technology, with GPA 3.9/4.0
Work experience: Employed in India's premium Oil &Gas Consultancy (a Public sector undertaking) since 2012 (work exp of 5 yrs)
The entire work exp can be broken down into 2 parts :
1. Construction site experience
a. Posted for 1 year at the esteemed site for Strategic storage of Crude oil (at Mangalore India) wherein facilities were being constructed to store crude in underground caverns. Job responsibilities included contract handling, site inspection (including inspection in underground rock caverns) , quality control, implementation of safety at site.
b. Posted for 1.5 years at a refinery expansion project ( Kochi, India) wherein entrusted with the civil structural works for the important Crude distillation unit of refinery. Job responsibilities included preparation of a green field site, handling of a contract amounting to 35 million USD which involved leading a team of 15 persons, site inspection, progress monitoring & expediting, material inspection within & outside site, billing ( completed billing of the value of 14 million USD) quality control.
2.Design office experience ( work exp 2.5 yrs , continued till date)
a. Leading a team of 6 persons ( for the civil portion) to provide EPCM services for the upcoming Refinery & Petrochemical project in Nigeria ( largest project in entire Africa) Job responsibilities include designing of underground facilities & utilities, preparation of drawings , imparting training to the Nigerian counterparts , progress monitoring, providing assistance to site construction engineers, constant interaction with client.
I don't have any on site International job experience.
GMAT: 740
Extracurricular: Not much to show. Have received professional training in Harmonium ( completed 4 professional exams), actively performed in various cultural activities during schooling, during college my team was one among the top 3 teams of west India in the INSDAG competition( an all India competition for steel design)
I am actively involved into my family’s agriculture business providing input for better production efficiency and marketing of goods (however, I cannot provide any formal certification for the same)
Post MBA goal : I want to shift from Oil & gas industry ( as all countries are moving from oil towards more environmental friendly options) and enter into strategy consulting and have an inclination to enter into M&A roles ( would explain more efficiently while writing my essays)
I have gone through Kellogg, Wharton, Booth & Sloan websites & talked with few current students but I am unable to find a profile similar to mine (Core civil engg exp). So which schools should I target besides those mentioned above?
Once again thank you for your help.
Retired Thread Master
S
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.66
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2018, 09:04
VeritasPrepDozie wrote:
Hey sprinni really nice profile here! Good GMAT that is right at the ever increasing avg GMAT at the school. You did not share your GPA, assuming you are in range for Kellogg (~3.6) then i think given your school and major this can also be a positive element for you. Work experience and ECs also seem to be in order. Work on that application and you should be in play for Kellogg!

Thanks for the note. Humbled to hear such positive things. GPA sits at a 3.641. Have quite a few EC's (through work and outside of work) as well.

Application has been submitted. One of two recommendations has been submitted. Video essay complete (fumbled through the ice breaker question :| , rebounded on the second and third)

Eager to interview in order to show my sincere interest and fit with Kellogg. Hoping my location in DC makes this possible.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2018, 16:31
Hi! I would love to receive some feedback on my profile. I'm starting my research on schools and will be applying for Fall 2019 to Kellogg and Johnson

Nationality: Asian America female
Undergrad: University of Southern California
GPA: 3.75
GMAT: 710

Work Experience: Worked in retail management for 2 1/2 years but realized through my work that I was more interested in human resource/recruiting. I took on multiple projects and became top of the district in my second year.

I switched careers and now work in recruiting at a top tech company.

Extracurricular: Run half and full marathons. Participates/volunteers actively in local running groups

Long term: To switch from recruiting to HR

I would say my biggest weakness is my work experience. Since I switched careers, I took a pay cut and started another entry level position. I'm not sure how that would look on my application. However, I still have a year until I apply so I could potentially move up by the time I apply.
Intern
Intern
B
KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 13:55
Profile Evaluation
Nationality – Indian
Gender – Female
Age – 28 (current)
GMAT – 730
Undergrad – Bcom (NM one of the top 5 colleges in India)
Chartered Accountant and candidate for CFA Level 2

Work Experience
A) Currently working with the shared services of one of the top 5 VC firms (from number of investments being made), VC fund size approx. INR 600 crores (USD 90m).
- Tenure – Since April 2017
- Handling the entire deal execution process from deal negotiation, conducting due diligence, to closure of the deal, working with portfolio companies for implementation of internal processes, attending board meetings of portfolio companies on behalf of the fund, etc.
B) PwC:
- Tenure – Since Jan 2013- March 2017
- Handling tax structuring, advisory and compliances for globally mobile individuals.
- Streamlined the tax structuring for a technology conglomerate to enable yearly savings of approximately USD 1 million in taxes
- Independently handling execution of yearly compliances for clients with a team of 3 people
- Handling tax assessments and representations before government authorities for HNIs, and structuring of their taxes
- Awarded the PwC Experience Award for taking initiative and implementation of PAN India software to enable reduction in time, efficiency and standardization to the process.

C) Proprietary CA firm
- Tenure – Since 2008 – June 2012 - internship, and continued as an employee for like 6 months
- Handling audit and tax assignments

D) Have also done audit assignments on freelance basis of large Indian Public sector banks

Extra-curriculum
- Painting and sketching (don’t have any formal contests, or anything), and Astrology (I am quite keen on learning it and taking some formal online lessons)

Post MBA goals
To work in a VC as an Investment Analyst; and thereafter in some years start my own business

Primary reason for an MBA
To gain international exposure and make a shift to the VC / PE space

I have been offered a finance role in one of the portfolio companies (series B Company – funded by Seqouia) of the VC fund with a decent pay and some stocks.

I am inclined to take it – majorly because of the pay, as at the VC firm I don’t see any growth financially

I am looking to target Schools
- Kellog (one year MBA)
- INSEAD
- LBS

Please do let me know my chances and whether taking up the job at the start up would impact negatively my chances to a B School

Thanks ….
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2018, 02:24
Demographics: Asian American Male (27 y/o)
Undergrad GPA: 2.79
Undergrad school/major: Top-ranked engineering program at public land-grant university.
GMAT Score: 730 (Q49 V40)

Work experience: I am currently in consulting at a mid-size boutique firm which specializes in data analytics consulting. We were recently named a 'Leader' in the Forrester Wave for our industry. I have been promoted 3x in the 5 years I have been there, and currently in a project management role for a $500k implementation.

Extra curricular: I volunteered for a small program in my city that teaches ESL to adults. But my main E/C is dedicating my time at work to recruiting, interviewing, mentoring and training our inexperienced new hires. I participate in teaching fundamental data analysis topics, as well as taking on formal mentorships of younger resources. This is all done outside of our work hours.

Goal of MBA: My target is Kellogg because I'd like to continue my career in data and analytics. These schools both have programs with curriculum focus in that area which would ideally help me bolster my skills. Post-MBA, I'd like to work at MBB or even a Deloitte or EY with a goal of helping organizations make data driven decisions. Through my work experience I've seen organizations become mature in a data storage and management perspective; the next step is to turn all that data into information and insights.

My main concern is obviously my <3.0 undergraduate GPA. I am looking to see if taking courses for an alternate transcript will help offset the GPA. Alternatively would you recommend retrying for a 750+ on the GMAT instead? Thanks in advance for any feedback!
Stratus Admissions Consultant
P
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 10:16
jeffzhang55 wrote:
Demographics: Asian American Male (27 y/o)Hi @jeffzhang55, thanks for reaching out! Happy to comment below on your profile.
Undergrad GPA: 2.79 ouch...
Undergrad school/major: Top-ranked engineering program at public land-grant university.
GMAT Score: 730 (Q49 V40) This helps at least to be a little over avg here given gpa

Work experience: I am currently in consulting at a mid-size boutique firm which specializes in data analytics consulting. We were recently named a 'Leader' in the Forrester Wave for our industry. I have been promoted 3x in the 5 years I have been there, and currently in a project management role for a $500k implementation. This looks like the sizzle in your application-- I'd really make sure I focused on what you did to get those promotions

Extra curricular: I volunteered for a small program in my city that teaches ESL to adults. But my main E/C is dedicating my time at work to recruiting, interviewing, mentoring and training our inexperienced new hires. I participate in teaching fundamental data analysis topics, as well as taking on formal mentorships of younger resources. This is all done outside of our work hours.

Goal of MBA: My target is Kellogg because I'd like to continue my career in data and analytics. These schools both have programs with curriculum focus in that area which would ideally help me bolster my skills. Post-MBA, I'd like to work at MBB or even a Deloitte or EY with a goal of helping organizations make data driven decisions. Through my work experience I've seen organizations become mature in a data storage and management perspective; the next step is to turn all that data into information and insights.

My main concern is obviously my <3.0 undergraduate GPA. I am looking to see if taking courses for an alternate transcript will help offset the GPA. Alternatively would you recommend retrying for a 750+ on the GMAT instead? Thanks in advance for any feedback!

first of all-- did you apply for r2... because if you did then you are just in the waiting game to find out. I really would not recommend the 3rd round-- now if this is for next year then yes- you can do some things to improve-- sure a 750+ on GMAT is going to help the gpa more than what you have now.
Can you take a class in a quant area for credit and do well-- get an A? The other thing you can do is to work with a counselor or someone to help give context-
not make excuses-- for why the low gpa. Was there a death in your family at that time? was there extra work you had to do to pay for college? knowing these things can help give context to adcom-- does not erase the gpa-- as they stilll have to report it-- but it does perhaps help adcom see your side of it. Don't make excuses-- but if you did just mess up-- own it and share what you have learned since-- like that you are on fire at work because now you have something that you are passionate about? Just show growth. No one is perfect. I have seen some great results from people with low gpas-- although it may not be at Kellogg that you find the answer- you might if you can shine everywhere else... but you could also look for another program trying to move up-- and they may like your high gmat enough that they are willing to take a hit on the gpa. If you want to reach out for more specific help- you can set up a free consult from this link: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2018, 19:45
Thanks for sharing your profile jeffzhang55 you have a nice profile especially your work experience, those promotions will come in handy in your evaluation. Your GMAT overall is good and right on the button at Kellogg but with your GPA, boosting to 750 will certainly help. Assuming, you're applying next year and not R3, I think you have the right steps planned to improve your profile but your GPA will be a red flag so you need to make sure you're positioning the rest of your profile as well as possible - classes, GMAT, optional essays, etc.

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

G

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2018, 19:52
Hey GMATKAY22 thanks for sharing your profile. You have a solid profile but I think you hit the nail on the head your work experience will drag you down a bit here. You do have a year till you apply which is great so in that time seek out opportunities to make an impact as well as ways to secure leadership experience. Also, I would also see if you can bump up your GMAT score, you are in the schools 80% range but getting closer to the avg at Kellogg will help you out here

Veritas Prep Reviews

G

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2018, 20:11
Tiger03 thanks for sharing your profile. Your stats are right in line with Kellogg. Where you will need to work on is standing out. You will have stiff competition from your overly represented applicant pool. So how will you differentiate yourself from the masses. Now you can't change your profile but you will have to keenly focus on highlighting what makes you unique and what you will bring to the student community at Kellogg. Your stats won't keep you out but your story may so that's where you need to put the work in

Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2018, 04:06
Hi all,

I wanted advice on a future application in B-School.

My profile:
- 25 yo, white male
- Top 5 French business school (average GPA i think, even if it is hard to convert French grades to GPA)
- GMAT 750[m (did not take the TOEFL yet)
- 2x6 months in Corporate Finance in French banks during my gap year
- Currently working as an M&A Analyst in the French branch of a European bulge bracket bank (started one year ago)
- Sport: running (two marathons ran, average time) + mountain climbing (Mt Blanc, Kilimandjaro and other French mountains)
- EC: 2 years in a student-ran charity while I was studying (o/w one year as the treasurer) + 2 months in an African country to teach French and English to young students

Goal:
- Switch to private equity in a foreign country (UK or Northern America)

I am pretty interested in 1 - 1.5 years MBA, what are my chance for the following:
- INSEAD
- Columbia
- LBS
- Kellogs
- Cambridge
- Cornell
- IMD

Plus, could I consider these 2 years MBA aswell:

- HBS
- Wharton
- Stanford

I have highlighted the following regarding my profile, correct me if I am wrong:
Strengthes:

- Strong MBA
- Strong GMAT
- Good EC and sport experience (but could be improved)

Weaknesses:

- No international experiences
- Average GPA
- Not so much working experience

My main questions are the following:
- Is it too early to apply in R1 2019 (so that I will have 2-2.5 years of work experience when i'll start my MBA)?
- Could my two long-term internships count as wokring experience?
- What could I do to improve my profile?

Thank you for your help,

Oneshot
BSchool Forum Moderator
G
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 2.6
WE: Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2018, 08:23
jeffzhang55 wrote:
Demographics: Asian American Male (27 y/o)
Undergrad GPA: 2.79
GMAT Score: 730 (Q49 V40)

Work experience: I am currently in consulting at a mid-size boutique firm which specializes in data analytics consulting. We were recently named a 'Leader' in the Forrester Wave for our industry. I have been promoted 3x in the 5 years I have been there, and currently in a project management role for a $500k implementation.

Hi!

I am not a consultant who does this professionally but I do have a 2.6 gpa and I was admitted to Kellogg in round 1. I am happy to talk about my experience with you if you’d like. Just shoot me a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
G

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2018, 09:55
Hey Oneshottry thanks for sharing your profile. I really like your background and you did a nice job self-assessing your strengths and weaknesses. I think the lack of work experience is the thing that stood out most for me. 1 YR of FT Work Experience is really low. I think 2-3 years is a better play particularly for the IY programs you are looking at. Those programs tend to prefer strong work experience to make sure you are adding value to the community but also so they can actually help you get a job and push your career forward. Now they also look for coursework in business so that will help you but I do think another full year of work experience could help and would afford you more time for skill development. For example what were you able to actually accomplish in one year at a firm. Were you promoted? How can the school really be able to gauge your leadership potential with such a limited window into your work potential. Otherwise good profile which should have you in play at top schools, just a bit more work experience would really help round out your profile, especially considering you are applying to some of the best schools in the world

Veritas Prep Reviews

Experts' Global Representative
G

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2018, 01:50
Oneshottry wrote:
Hi all,

I wanted advice on a future application in B-School.

My profile:
- 25 yo, white male
- Top 5 French business school (average GPA i think, even if it is hard to convert French grades to GPA)
- GMAT 750[m (did not take the TOEFL yet)
- 2x6 months in Corporate Finance in French banks during my gap year
- Currently working as an M&A Analyst in the French branch of a European bulge bracket bank (started one year ago)
- Sport: running (two marathons ran, average time) + mountain climbing (Mt Blanc, Kilimandjaro and other French mountains)
- EC: 2 years in a student-ran charity while I was studying (o/w one year as the treasurer) + 2 months in an African country to teach French and English to young students

Goal:
- Switch to private equity in a foreign country (UK or Northern America)

I am pretty interested in 1 - 1.5 years MBA, what are my chance for the following:
- INSEAD
- Columbia
- LBS
- Kellogs
- Cambridge
- Cornell
- IMD

Plus, could I consider these 2 years MBA aswell:

- HBS
- Wharton
- Stanford

I have highlighted the following regarding my profile, correct me if I am wrong:
Strengthes:

- Strong MBA
- Strong GMAT
- Good EC and sport experience (but could be improved)

Weaknesses:

- No international experiences
- Average GPA
- Not so much working experience

My main questions are the following:
- Is it too early to apply in R1 2019 (so that I will have 2-2.5 years of work experience when i'll start my MBA)?
- Could my two long-term internships count as wokring experience?
- What could I do to improve my profile?

Thank you for your help,

Oneshot

Hi OneShot,

Thanks for writing in.

You have indeed done a very good job at assessing your profile already and we quite agree with everything you have put down. Yes, the work experience is a bit of a concern. Considering the programs you are looking to apply to, your current work ex does not suffice and you must definitely get some more experience. This will also help include a greater number of talking points in your application (in terms of skill-set, leadership experience, promotions, and tangible achievements). To put a number, another year or so will help :)

Hope this helped.

All the best! :)

Akanksha Baldawa
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Preparation Online | 15 GMAT Practice Tests
MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.42

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2018, 16:08
Hi! I would love some feedback on my profile. I'm applying to Kellogg's MMM program.

Nationality: White female with dual UK and US citizenship (Born in England and moved to the US ~4th grade)
Undergrad: Tufts University

Work Experience: Worked for one year at a non-profit helping to collect and manage their program data the decided I wanted to gain more transferable skills in the private sector to have more impact so I pivoted to federal consulting. I worked for a smaller firm doing IT project management for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for about 2 years and now work for a big 4 firm, where I've been for just over 2 years. I currently lead teams of developers and designers working to improve or build new pages/tools on my federal government client's website (it's a decidedly un-government sort of government agency and we work in Agile teams).

Long term career plans: This experience got me really interested in product design/development and I am hoping to build on my current skill-set to become a Product Manager at a large tech firm, like Amazon, and return to my roots to have a positive impact to build technology products that improve the patient/customer experience in healthcare.

Extracurricular: Volunteer mentor for the un/under employed to help them build careers; run half marathons; and learning to play soccer. I also take on a lot of extracurriculars at work, like mentoring and teaching Lean Six Sigma (LSS) concepts and designing an AI chatbot for government clients.
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
G
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2018, 13:51
Hi 12dannj!

I think overall your profile is strong, and your goals are in line with the MMM program and its benefits. In particular, I really like how your future goals are a combination of your past experiences in non-profit and project management. I'm a little curious why you're targeting Amazon, if your interest is in healthcare, but I suppose there have been some recent announcements that may make Amazon more of a player in that space. But hopefully you're considering other target companies too. Your extracurricular activities sound great -- you seem very well rounded which should resonate well at Kellogg. Your GMAT seems strong but not stellar, that's my one area of concern, especially if your quant score was not very high. But hopefully the other strengths make up for that.

Good luck!
Kate

12dannj wrote:
Hi! I would love some feedback on my profile. I'm applying to Kellogg's MMM program.

Nationality: White female with dual UK and US citizenship (Born in England and moved to the US ~4th grade)
Undergrad: Tufts University

Work Experience: Worked for one year at a non-profit helping to collect and manage their program data the decided I wanted to gain more transferable skills in the private sector to have more impact so I pivoted to federal consulting. I worked for a smaller firm doing IT project management for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for about 2 years and now work for a big 4 firm, where I've been for just over 2 years. I currently lead teams of developers and designers working to improve or build new pages/tools on my federal government client's website (it's a decidedly un-government sort of government agency and we work in Agile teams).

Long term career plans: This experience got me really interested in product design/development and I am hoping to build on my current skill-set to become a Product Manager at a large tech firm, like Amazon, and return to my roots to have a positive impact to build technology products that improve the patient/customer experience in healthcare.

Extracurricular: Volunteer mentor for the un/under employed to help them build careers; run half marathons; and learning to play soccer. I also take on a lot of extracurriculars at work, like mentoring and teaching Lean Six Sigma (LSS) concepts and designing an AI chatbot for government clients.

Kate Richardson
mbaMission Senior Consultant and Chicago Booth Alum
http://www.mbamission.com
Read our school insider's guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2018, 14:24
Hi Kate,

Thank you very much for your assessment and thoughts. Very much appreciated! Two follow up points...

1. My GMAT split was 44 quant and 42 verbal. Thoughts?
2. Yes I'm targeting Amazon partially because of the recent announcement with JP and Berkshire Hathaway. Apple would be a good fit too, they're doing a lot with the apple watch and electronic health records... however Apple doesn't hire that many PMs right out of MBA school from what I hear. What other companies would you recommend I target given my interests? I'm all ears!

Thank you again!
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
G
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2018, 20:21
Thanks for the additional info! 44 is a bit low on quant. But if you have some quant courses (Econ, Stats, Calc, Accounting, etc.) on your transcript from undergrad, it shouldn't hold you back. But something to be aware of, in case there are other ways you can demonstrate strong quant skills.

That makes sense re. Amazon, and they are hiring a ton of MBAs. But it's always good to have a few target companies in mind in case you get asked about how you'll approach recruiting in an interview. Check out the list of companies that hire at Kellogg in their Employment Report, or perhaps some of the companies that sponsor the Healthcare Club's activities/conferences. I was thinking of companies like GE Health, Genentech, athenahealth.

Hope this helps!
Kate

12dannj wrote:
Hi Kate,

Thank you very much for your assessment and thoughts. Very much appreciated! Two follow up points...

1. My GMAT split was 44 quant and 42 verbal. Thoughts?
2. Yes I'm targeting Amazon partially because of the recent announcement with JP and Berkshire Hathaway. Apple would be a good fit too, they're doing a lot with the apple watch and electronic health records... however Apple doesn't hire that many PMs right out of MBA school from what I hear. What other companies would you recommend I target given my interests? I'm all ears!

Thank you again!

Kate Richardson
mbaMission Senior Consultant and Chicago Booth Alum
http://www.mbamission.com
Read our school insider's guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders

G

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2018, 19:13
Hey 12dannj thanks for sharing your profile. You have a good background with some unique experience that are well aligned with your career goals. Your career progression shows a nice upward progression in an area where you have shown some passion. Now you are not a slam dunk for Kellogg given you are below the avg GPA and GMAT but are still certainly in range. However, a good essay, reccs, and interview should put you right in contention for a spot!

Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2018, 07:22
Indian, Male, 28 yrs
GMAT:730(96%)
Undergrad: Anna Univ. Mechanical Engg. 74%
India MBA: BITS Pilani 8.5 GPA
Exp: 72 months, 2 yrs in IB with a boutique, 4 yrs in Tech corporate development with a global digital tech firm ($10B+ rev), Significant M&A deal experience globally.

I did not take external help on essays as I did not have much time after GMAT. I thought I did a fair job with my essays then but now feel like I messed up. Regret not taking external help. I have applied to R2 and feeling queasy.

Any chance for me this year?

Thanks in advance for your time.
Stratus Admissions Consultant
P
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2018, 07:50
smartarvinz wrote:
Indian, Male, 28 yrs
GMAT:730(96%)
Undergrad: Anna Univ. Mechanical Engg. 74%
India MBA: BITS Pilani 8.5 GPA
Exp: 72 months, 2 yrs in IB with a boutique, 4 yrs in Tech corporate development with a global digital tech firm ($10B+ rev), Significant M&A deal experience globally.

I did not take external help on essays as I did not have much time after GMAT. I thought I did a fair job with my essays then but now feel like I messed up. Regret not taking external help. I have applied to R2 and feeling queasy.
Hi @smartarvinz, listen-- no need to feel queasy just yet-- your Kellogg R2 application is in the books and other than waiting it out-- I would not try to guess the outcome now. Your stats are in that crowded and yet possible zone. It helps when coming from India to have a GMAT well OVER (like maybe 20-30 points) the stated average. You don't have that for Kellogg but you are in the range of the average. So if they like your work-- which they probably will-- as you have some good finance experience that will stand out a bit in this pool-- that could help. If you don't get in--and I hope you DO and this is not needed at all-- but if you are not successful we offer a "ding analysis" where we review your application holistically. I am former adcom and also a Kellogg grad and I did work on the admissions team at UNC Kenan-Flagler for 15 yrs so I know how adcom evaluates applicants and I also know the Kellogg culture. I'd be glad to do a ding analysis with you through Stratus to help make sure your application next year is stronger. However-- maybe you don't need it! Time will tell and I am wishing you the best-- but if you do want to reach out on that later-- you can pm me or you can request a free consult to set up the process at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99qccOTmkCM
Any chance for me this year?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here! &nbs [#permalink] 20 Mar 2018, 07:50

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15    Next  [ 297 posts ] 

KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Gnpth

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap