GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 22 Apr 2018, 22:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2018, 01:40
White, Female, Russian, 24, will be almost 26 by the time of enrollment
GMAT:haven't taken yet
Undergrad: Bchelor in business administration from top-10 University in my country
GPA: 3.95/4 on the US system
Experience:
1) 2 years in one of the world's largest pharmaceutical comanies (sanofi) in brand-marketing (1 year as an intern and 1 year as a brand manager)
2) Brand manager for the digital projects (website, instagram, facebook, bloggers, etc) in kimberly-clark company for the largest brand - will be 2 years by the time of admission.

Really want to get into kellog for the start in 2019 - will apply this year. As I know - they are pretty strong for marketing

Any chance with such profile?

Which GMAT score would I need to boost my chances?

Thank you
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2018, 05:26
StratusMBACounselor Donna, Thanks for your encouraging, yet balanced revert. Fingers crossed, and I will pm you either way.

Just curious, normally, what is the number of Indian passport holders at Kellogg 2 year MBA program class ?

StratusMBACounselor wrote:
smartarvinz wrote:
Indian, Male, 28 yrs
GMAT:730(96%)
Undergrad: Anna Univ. Mechanical Engg. 74%
India MBA: BITS Pilani 8.5 GPA
Exp: 72 months, 2 yrs in IB with a boutique, 4 yrs in Tech corporate development with a global digital tech firm ($10B+ rev), Significant M&A deal experience globally.

I did not take external help on essays as I did not have much time after GMAT. I thought I did a fair job with my essays then but now feel like I messed up. Regret not taking external help. I have applied to R2 and feeling queasy.
Hi @smartarvinz, listen-- no need to feel queasy just yet-- your Kellogg R2 application is in the books and other than waiting it out-- I would not try to guess the outcome now. Your stats are in that crowded and yet possible zone. It helps when coming from India to have a GMAT well OVER (like maybe 20-30 points) the stated average. You don't have that for Kellogg but you are in the range of the average. So if they like your work-- which they probably will-- as you have some good finance experience that will stand out a bit in this pool-- that could help. If you don't get in--and I hope you DO and this is not needed at all-- but if you are not successful we offer a "ding analysis" where we review your application holistically. I am former adcom and also a Kellogg grad and I did work on the admissions team at UNC Kenan-Flagler for 15 yrs so I know how adcom evaluates applicants and I also know the Kellogg culture. I'd be glad to do a ding analysis with you through Stratus to help make sure your application next year is stronger. However-- maybe you don't need it! Time will tell and I am wishing you the best-- but if you do want to reach out on that later-- you can pm me or you can request a free consult to set up the process at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99qccOTmkCM
Any chance for me this year?

Thanks in advance for your time.
Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
P
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2018, 13:59
12dannj wrote:
Hi! I would love some feedback on my profile. I'm applying to Kellogg's MMM program.

Nationality: White female with dual UK and US citizenship (Born in England and moved to the US ~4th grade)
Undergrad: Tufts University
GPA: 3.42
GMAT: 710
Are you applying in R3 or are you applying R1 in the fall? I suggest the latter-- and if you are doing that I also suggest you keep your eyes open for some of the women's events that happen in May at Kellogg as it is a great way to engage the program ahead of the admissions cycle
Work Experience: Worked for one year at a non-profit helping to collect and manage their program data the decided I wanted to gain more transferable skills in the private sector to have more impact so I pivoted to federal consulting. I worked for a smaller firm doing IT project management for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for about 2 years and now work for a big 4 firm, where I've been for just over 2 years. I currently lead teams of developers and designers working to improve or build new pages/tools on my federal government client's website (it's a decidedly un-government sort of government agency and we work in Agile teams).

Long term career plans: This experience got me really interested in product design/development and I am hoping to build on my current skill-set to become a Product Manager at a large tech firm, like Amazon, and return to my roots to have a positive impact to build technology products that improve the patient/customer experience in healthcare.
MMM is a great program to do this
Extracurricular: Volunteer mentor for the un/under employed to help them build careers; run half marathons; and learning to play soccer. I also take on a lot of extracurriculars at work, like mentoring and teaching Lean Six Sigma (LSS) concepts and designing an AI chatbot for government clients.

I absolutely think you have a shot-- having a bit higher GMAT would help--so retake if you think you can improve 10-20 pts-- but I do think if you write a compelling application-- and we can help you gain clarity as you approach this-- I think you have a shot. Please reach out to us here if you want a free consult: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2018, 09:47
Hi fessxxx, I don't think anyone has responded to your message in this thread, sorry for the wait!

Yes, Kellogg is one of the best for marketing, so it definitely makes sense with your goals.

Your work experience, with exposure to large brands is great. 2 years is a little on the low end - you can still apply now if that works best for you, but make sure you communicate in your application your reasons for applying earlier in your career. And be sure to highlight as many examples of your leadership as possible.

I am not sure if you have any activities outside of work, extracurriculars or volunteer work, but that might be an area to improve.

The median GMAT score for Kellogg is now up to 732, so you want to aim for a score as close to that as possible. I think though, given the strength of your GPA and the fact that there are not as many applicants from Russia, you don't need to hit that 730 mark to be qualified for admission. But a higher score will always help to boost your chances!

Hope this helps, and good luck!
Kate

fessxxx wrote:
Undergrad: Bchelor in business administration from top-10 University in my country
Experience:
1) 2 years in one of the world's largest pharmaceutical comanies (sanofi) in brand-marketing (1 year as an intern and 1 year as a brand manager)
2) Brand manager for the digital projects (website, instagram, facebook, bloggers, etc) in kimberly-clark company for the largest brand - will be 2 years by the time of admission.

Really want to get into kellog for the start in 2019 - will apply this year. As I know - they are pretty strong for marketing

Thank you

Kate Richardson
Senior Consultant, mbaMission

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insider's Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2018, 09:51
mbaMissionKate wrote:
Hi fessxxx, I don't think anyone has responded to your message in this thread, sorry for the wait!

Yes, Kellogg is one of the best for marketing, so it definitely makes sense with your goals.

Your work experience, with exposure to large brands is great. 2 years is a little on the low end - you can still apply now if that works best for you, but make sure you communicate in your application your reasons for applying earlier in your career. And be sure to highlight as many examples of your leadership as possible.

I am not sure if you have any activities outside of work, extracurriculars or volunteer work, but that might be an area to improve.

The median GMAT score for Kellogg is now up to 732, so you want to aim for a score as close to that as possible. I think though, given the strength of your GPA and the fact that there are not as many applicants from Russia, you don't need to hit that 730 mark to be qualified for admission. But a higher score will always help to boost your chances!

Hope this helps, and good luck!
Kate

fessxxx wrote:
Experience:

Thank you

Thank you very much!

It will be actually 4 years total (1 as intern and 3 full-time position). 2 in pharma and 2 in FMCG. This amount of time is sufficient?
Expert Post
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2018, 20:05
Ah, I see. Yes, then that is definitely sufficient and you are in good shape experience wise. Thanks for clarifiying!

fessxxx wrote:

Thank you very much!

It will be actually 4 years total (1 as intern and 3 full-time position). 2 in pharma and 2 in FMCG. This amount of time is sufficient?

Kate Richardson

mbaMission Insider's Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2018, 10:24
Hey smartarvinz well you may have already received your decision so hoping it was positive. But based on the info shared you for sure have a shot. There are no clear red flags based on the info you shared. Good work experience. GPA and GMAT seem to be order. With a school like Kellogg, your ultimate Ev will certainly come down to the non data points. If you do not receive admission this year maybe look to an admissions consultant to at the very least give your submitted application a once over before you re-apply

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern
B
KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2018, 09:05

Indian, Female, 23 years old
Work Experience: 3 years, will be 4 years by the time I join. Working in the marketing department of a top Real Estate company in the country.
Undergrad: Bachelor of Business Administration, Christ University
(Christ University was ranked No. 1 for the BBA program as per India Today for the entire duration of my BBA course)
GMAT: Yet to give the exam
GPA: 3.66/4, among the Top 3 in a class of 72, received a merit based scholarship for the same

Work Experience:
1. Was initially a part of the Strategy team in the company for the first six months and moved to the Marketing team post that
2. As a part of the Marketing team I was the only resource for a six month duration which gave me exposure to all aspects of Marketing in a Real Estate firm very early on. I
successfully executed launch campaigns for various projects, independently.
3. Initiated brand tie-ups for our residential projects which was a first. These tie-ups were with global brands in the healthcare and lifestyle sector which contributed to
successful launches and eventually became the norm for all our projects.
4. Have been promoted within two years

Extra-curriculars:
1. National Level Swimmer
2. Presented a marketing research paper during college
3. Regular volunteer at an NGO which involved improving the lives of the children with special needs
4. Represented my university for many Parliamentary debates at fests
5. Was a member of the Core Commitee which is involved in organizing fests and events in college
6. Genuinely enjoy emceeing - have done so for many formal events in college

Primary reason for an MBA:
To grow my career internationally, since I have resided and studied in Ireland, UAE, India and travelled to over 16 countries I am keen on working abroad.

Was also contemplating pursuing a 1 year program since I have a BBA degree with a Marketing specialization and the purpose of pursuing an MBA is for job opportunities abroad. Does a 1 year program have any significant change in requirements from a 2 year program?

Considering my profile and pool of Indian applicants to Kellogg what would be the minimum GMAT score I would need to target?
I am also keen on honest feedback on my profile and whether I can consider applying to Kellogg.

Thanks in advance !
Expert Post
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2018, 12:23
Hi shruti.shambhavi,

I do think you should consider applying to Kellogg. It sounds like a great fit with your marketing experience, and the program has a great reputation internationally.

Your undergrad background is strong, with a high class rank/GPA and extra-curricular involvement that Kellogg will value.

Your work experience sounds strong too, with the promotion, leadership you've taken in executing campaigns, and the exposure to global brands is great too. By the way, definitely highlight the experience you've had working/living/studying abroad.

Considering your profile and pool of applicants from India, I think 730 is a good target score for you for Kellogg. Perhaps a bit lower if you focus on the 1 year option. There are not many differences in terms of application requirements between the two programs, but the academic/curriculum requirements are different, and you need certain pre-requisites in business for the 1-year program. You can read more here: http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/pro ... ogram.aspx

One last thought -- it seems that most (or maybe all) of your extra-curriculars are in the past. If so, then that's definitely an area you should improve on and get started (soon!) in some formal activities outside of work.

Best of luck!
Kate

shruti.shambhavi wrote:

Work Experience: 3 years, will be 4 years by the time I join. Working in the marketing department of a top Real Estate company in the country.
(Christ University was ranked No. 1 for the BBA program as per India Today for the entire duration of my BBA course)
GPA: 3.66/4, among the Top 3 in a class of 72, received a merit based scholarship for the same

Work Experience:
1. Was initially a part of the Strategy team in the company for the first six months and moved to the Marketing team post that
2. As a part of the Marketing team I was the only resource for a six month duration which gave me exposure to all aspects of Marketing in a Real Estate firm very early on. I
3. Initiated brand tie-ups for our residential projects which was a first. These tie-ups were with global brands in the healthcare and lifestyle sector which contributed to

Extra-curriculars:
3. Regular volunteer at an NGO which involved improving the lives of the children with special needs
5. Was a member of the Core Commitee which is involved in organizing fests and events in college

To grow my career internationally, since I have resided and studied in Ireland, UAE, India and travelled to over 16 countries I am keen on working abroad.

Was also contemplating pursuing a 1 year program since I have a BBA degree with a Marketing specialization and the purpose of pursuing an MBA is for job opportunities abroad. Does a 1 year program have any significant change in requirements from a 2 year program?

Considering my profile and pool of Indian applicants to Kellogg what would be the minimum GMAT score I would need to target?
I am also keen on honest feedback on my profile and whether I can consider applying to Kellogg.

Thanks in advance !

Kate Richardson

Expert Post
P
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2018, 13:00
shruti.shambhavi wrote:

Work Experience:

Extra-curriculars:

I agree that you could be a good candidate for the Kellogg 1YR program. I encourage you to reach out to Kellogg even now and fill out their intake form to be sure you qualify for the 1YR program-- it sounds like you do-- but always good to check that. Also you may be able to ask them to put you in touch with others in the 1YR program and it is not too early to do that research. This is the best time of year to talk to current students because the 1YR students are almost done-- and so they can speak to their experience. If you wait until after june-- it will be a new class and they will just be starting. I agree that a 730 for an Indian female is a good target--
As an alum myself of Kellogg's 1 YR program I can tell you that it is essentially like doing an MBA in super charge mode. It really helps if you already have some connections for your post MBA goals as there is not time for a summer internship so you do want to have some clarity on career goals. Otherwise the 2YR program might be a better fit. But in the 1YR program you take some core courses over the summer and then jump right in with the 2nd yrs in terms of electives. It is a little harder to have club leadership but there are leadership roles within the 1YR program. I am still in touch with many of my classmates so you do make great connections in either 1YR or 2YR. If you would like to seek us out for a more detailed profile review I am happy to do this as I have a lot of experience working with clients seeking Kellogg. I also used to do the alumni interviews for them many, many years ago. To reach out and set up a time to talk-- private message me or go through this link: https://gmatclub.com/reviews/instructor ... -345346171

Thanks in advance !

Expert Post
P
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2018, 11:42
fessxxx wrote:
Hi @fessxxx, I am just seeing this request and thought I'd pass along my thoughts. I think you have a very strong background for Kellogg with your brand management experience. I can't say the exact GMAT you need as there is never an "absolute" on this-- but with your strong GPA and work experience and being female-- which there are a smaller pool of Russian women in the MBA pipeline-- you may be able to be a bit less than the 724 stated GMAT average. I think if you had 720+ that would be very helpful. A few other tips that you might keep in mind:
1) Kellogg has a women's weekend each year in May-- can't find the link online but you might inquire with admissions about when this is-- and if you are able to come that would be great. If not possible to attend in person- I encourage you to reach out to some of the clubs at Kellogg of interest so you can make some connections.

Experience:

Any chance with such profile? I think you can present well. I encourage you to apply R1 as with visa issues it is good to have as much time as possible to get that set up.

Which GMAT score would I need to boost my chances? As I said earlier-- the higher the better-- but if you do all in application well then even at 710 or 720 I think you could be very competitive. Also- if you want to discuss this further-- I would be happy to do a consult with you-- given that you did undergrad business-- if you feel that you want to progress in same field of marketing you could also be a compelling candidate for the 1 YR program and that might also be something to consider-- especially if you feel you already have some strong marketing contacts. To set up a free consult- please private message me or reach out to this link:https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com/admissions/business-school-admissions-consulting-gmat-club-visitor/

Thank you

Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!   [#permalink] 13 Apr 2018, 11:42

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   [ 231 posts ] 

KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Gnpth

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap