GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Aug 2018, 08:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2018, 00:07
Thanks for sharing your profile. I would say your stats are a little low for Kellogg as you are below the avg for both schools. I would recommend improving your GMAT score if possible if you want to improve your chances
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V51
GPA: 3.1
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2018, 12:09
Demo: 27-year old white guy from the US

GMAT: 770 (51 V / 47 Q / 6 IR / 6 AWA)

Undergrad: Top liberal arts college - double majored in Political Science/Music 3.1 GPA - won a bunch of awards/was finalist for best student leader senior year

Experience: Five years experience as a singer/producer/writer. Have an awesome New York Times quote regarding my singing. Performance venues include Carnegie Hall, Birdland, 54/Below in addition to having performed on national TV and at other high-profile engagements. Sang/recorded backups for celebrities such as Sara Bareilles, Idina Menzel, Cynthia Erivo. Have gradually moved more in the business direction over the past few years - most notably produced a compilation album that's generated over 14,000,000 Spotify streams in around 2.5 years, wrote an article for Sports Illustrated involving collective bargaining/labor relations in the NBA. Some temp work at hedge funds here and there.

Extracurriculars: Very lucrative Daily Fantasy Sports player - have returned over 500% on investment since 2016 through combining my knowledge of sports with my aptitude for analytics/game theory. Was the president/musical director of two a cappella groups in college and arranged over forty jazz songs for my jazz group, played club rugby, featured soloist for college choir

Volunteering: (Intertwined with work experience) Toured with a charitable initiative after the Pulse Nightclub shooting raising money for victims' families, have performed at numerous benefits raising money for organizations such as the ACLU, NAACP. "You Gotta Believe" (nonprofit specializing in connecting kids ages 13+ with permanent families before they age out of the foster care system). Participated in Relay for Life with college fraternity

MBA goals: Hoping to transition into a tech/entertainment content/strategy role (Netflix/Spotify/NBA) through filling an MBA-sized hole in my skillset. Have been unsatisfied by only being able to empower others to make a positive change - I believe that through going to business school and learning with other, similarly passionate people that I would position myself to be able to make change at the type of scale enabled by technology.

Am obviously an extremely non-traditional candidate but appreciate the feedback. Thanks!
Manager
Manager
G
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2018, 12:38
Indian, male, 30 years
GMAT Score: 710 (Q49, V38, IR6)

Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology - 76.0% (top 10%)
- co-founded first ever technology club that has helped over 2000 students over the past 8 years

- Master's Degree in Management Information Systems (University of Texas, Dallas) - GPA: 3.7
- Recipient of dean's excellence and impact scholarship; leadership positions in various clubs with over 2000 students;

Work Experience:
Have been working in the US for the past 6 Years in a Fortune 100 company (the company employs over over 30K people and has offices worldwide in over 150 countries)
- Working as a Business Intelligence and Data Analytics Manager in the Business Strategy and Operations group for the most profitable business unit with revenues over $6 Billion/year.
- Managing a team of 4 to solve complex business problems using advanced data analysis techniques - data mining, data visualization, prediction, forecasting, etc. Started of as an intern and now leading the team. (3 direct reports, 2/3 managing indirectly)
- Consistently rated among the top 15% employees and got promoted three times (from an intern to a manager) within 5 years, compared to a usual promotion time of 12+ years for manager roles;
- Youngest manager in a team of over 250 people. Average age of the people with my title/pay grade is 36-38 years.
- My role is a unique blend of business and technology. I've tried to focus on solving complex business problems using my technical abilities, part of the reason for quick promotions. So even though the profile looks technical, my role does require a deep understanding of business operations and strategy.
- Managed off shore teams in India (5 people) and Australia for product development and was a a product manager for over a year for a product that is widely used by over 10K people all over the world.
- Strong experience working with and training teams located in Australia, India, and Germany.
- My current team has folks from 10+ nationalities (therefore, very strong experience working in a diverse group of people)

Extracurriculars
- Vice President of a local organization that helps businesses and professionals in various aspects of their careers/businesses. Have helped a number of business owners and local professionals over the past 4.5 years.
- Have been involved in my company's volunteer group. Helped in a few fundraising and volunteer events geared towards helping the local community.

Post-MBA Goal
I plan to transition from a data science/analytics role to a corporate strategy/consulting role. I have gained a lot of technical experience working with the data to solve complex business problems. Now I wish to be on the other side and use the power of data to create business strategy. My short term plan is to get into a top tier consulting firm and the long term vision is to open up a management consulting firm tailored towards helping local businesses, using the power of data science and artificial intelligence.

Please take a moment to hit Kudos if my post helps.

Sia Admissions Representative
S
Affiliations: NYU, Yale

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2018, 16:17
Hi nontraditional91,

Thank you for providing additional details about your profile. You, indeed, have a non-traditional profile, but that's what's so interesting and compelling about your story. Authenticity is vital in the MBA application process (so many applicants have similar profiles), and if you manage to tell your story right, you will have success in this process. Your career goal connects with your experiences, which is essential. You have a lower than average GPA, but you make it up with your very high GMAT score. Your community involvement is also very impressive. I suggest you also look into Anderson, Stern, and Marshall as they have strong programs for those interested in the Entertainment Industry.

While your application for each school should be unique, your experiences should be brought together in a way that talks about your values and your objective. It's important to remember that the number of accomplishments does not measure the strength of your application; quality matters most.

I am happy to continue the conversation. If interested, please reach out to schedule a free consultation (contact details in signature).

Good luck!

nontraditional91 wrote:
Demo: 27-year old white guy from the US

GMAT: 770 (51 V / 47 Q / 6 IR / 6 AWA)

Undergrad: Top liberal arts college - double majored in Political Science/Music 3.1 GPA - won a bunch of awards/was finalist for best student leader senior year

Experience: Five years experience as a singer/producer/writer. Have an awesome New York Times quote regarding my singing. Performance venues include Carnegie Hall, Birdland, 54/Below in addition to having performed on national TV and at other high-profile engagements. Sang/recorded backups for celebrities such as Sara Bareilles, Idina Menzel, Cynthia Erivo. Have gradually moved more in the business direction over the past few years - most notably produced a compilation album that's generated over 14,000,000 Spotify streams in around 2.5 years, wrote an article for Sports Illustrated involving collective bargaining/labor relations in the NBA. Some temp work at hedge funds here and there.

Extracurriculars: Very lucrative Daily Fantasy Sports player - have returned over 500% on investment since 2016 through combining my knowledge of sports with my aptitude for analytics/game theory. Was the president/musical director of two a cappella groups in college and arranged over forty jazz songs for my jazz group, played club rugby, featured soloist for college choir

Volunteering: (Intertwined with work experience) Toured with a charitable initiative after the Pulse Nightclub shooting raising money for victims' families, have performed at numerous benefits raising money for organizations such as the ACLU, NAACP. "You Gotta Believe" (nonprofit specializing in connecting kids ages 13+ with permanent families before they age out of the foster care system). Participated in Relay for Life with college fraternity

MBA goals: Hoping to transition into a tech/entertainment content/strategy role (Netflix/Spotify/NBA) through filling an MBA-sized hole in my skillset. Have been unsatisfied by only being able to empower others to make a positive change - I believe that through going to business school and learning with other, similarly passionate people that I would position myself to be able to make change at the type of scale enabled by technology.

Am obviously an extremely non-traditional candidate but appreciate the feedback. Thanks!

Sia Admissions
info@siaadmissions.com
+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Contact us for a free consultation

S

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2018, 16:42
Hi sdlife,

Thank you for your post and for sharing our profile. You have a strong professional background with a plethora or relative and robust experiences that will make you a great candidate. You also have great extracurricular and a clear post-MBA goal. The only areas that could prove challenging is your GMAT score, as the average GMAT for Kellogg is 732. You do have a strong grad school GPA, that could counterbalance the GMAT, but if you can retake, i strongly recommend doing so.

I also recommend you take the time necessary to build your story. Show Kellogg (via examples) why you are an excellent fit for the school, and why (via examples) you require an MBA from that institution. Getting the qualitative component of the application right is vital to the success of your efforts.

Question: Something that's important to Kellogg - While the company has offices in 150 countries, do you have exposure (directly or indirectly) to that global community?

I am happy to continue the conversation. If interested, please reach out and schedule a free consultation (contact details in signature).

Good luck!

sdlife wrote:
Indian, male, 30 years
GMAT Score: 710 (Q49, V38, IR6)

Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology - 76.0% (top 10%)
- co-founded first ever technology club that has helped over 2000 students over the past 8 years

- Master's Degree in Management Information Systems (University of Texas, Dallas) - GPA: 3.7
- Recipient of dean's excellence and impact scholarship; leadership positions in various clubs with over 2000 students;

Work Experience:
Have been working in the US for the past 6 Years in a Fortune 100 company (the company employs over over 30K people and has offices worldwide in over 150 countries)
- Working as a Business Intelligence and Data Analytics Manager in the Business Strategy and Operations group for the most profitable business unit with revenues over $6 Billion/year.
- Managing a team of 4 to solve complex business problems using advanced data analysis techniques - data mining, data visualization, prediction, forecasting, etc. Started of as an intern and now leading the team. (3 direct reports, 2/3 managing indirectly)
- Consistently rated among the top 15% employees and got promoted three times (from an intern to a manager) within 5 years, compared to a usual promotion time of 12+ years for manager roles;
- Youngest manager in a team of over 250 people. Average age of the people with my title/pay grade is 36-38 years.
- My role is a unique blend of business and technology. I've tried to focus on solving complex business problems using my technical abilities, part of the reason for quick promotions. So even though the profile looks technical, my role does require a deep understanding of business operations and strategy.
- Managed off shore teams in India (5 people) and Australia for product development and was a a product manager for over a year for a product that is widely used by over 10K people all over the world.
- Strong experience working with and training teams located in Australia, India, and Germany.
- My current team has folks from 10+ nationalities (therefore, very strong experience working in a diverse group of people)

Extracurriculars
- Vice President of a local organization that helps businesses and professionals in various aspects of their careers/businesses. Have helped a number of business owners and local professionals over the past 4.5 years.
- Have been involved in my company's volunteer group. Helped in a few fundraising and volunteer events geared towards helping the local community.

Post-MBA Goal
I plan to transition from a data science/analytics role to a corporate strategy/consulting role. I have gained a lot of technical experience working with the data to solve complex business problems. Now I wish to be on the other side and use the power of data to create business strategy. My short term plan is to get into a top tier consulting firm and the long term vision is to open up a management consulting firm tailored towards helping local businesses, using the power of data science and artificial intelligence.

Sia Admissions
info@siaadmissions.com
+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.25
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2018, 21:42
Hi Everyone,

I am a Chartered Accountant from India. Prior to that I completed my Undergrad from Leeds, UK in BA (Hons) Business and Management (Lower second class = ~3.15 GPA). I have also completed by ACMA , CGMA professional qualification (obtained all india 2nd rank in the final exams)

I have six years work experience as on date. Below is my work exp breakup (with most recent first)
1. Senior consultant at Ernst and Young (Oct 17 to Jul 18) = 10 months
2. Consultant at Ernst and Young (Aug 15 to Sept 17) = 2yrs 2 months
3. Associate consultant at a small management consultant company (Dec 13 to Apr 15) = 1 yr and 5 months
4. Audit assistant at a small auditing firm (Apr 12 to Nov 13) = 1 year 8 months

I also have some volunteering exp as a teaching assistant at a primary school...

Apart from this, I have good exposure in terms of handling the top management of huge multinational clients during my stint at EY. I can demonstrate good communication, interpersonal and leadership skills. I should be able to get a strong recommendation letters from my Partner and Senior manager at EY.

Last but not the least, I am yet to take my GMAT but preparing with a target score of 750 (for the purposes of this evaluation lets assume i score 720+)

Career goals: To break into strategic consulting

And not to forget, I am 28yrs of age and a woman.

Thanks in advance for any advice and suggestions.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2018, 00:04
Hello Kalaivani1

You have some positives going for you- strong brand on the CV, high expected GMAT (go for at least 740+) and international exposure (BA hons).
Your career progress looks decent too. What would required is to show your achievements and impact at work. These will matter significantly in your application. You can read here on what makes a strong application.
The teaching experience could also be helpful (if you tell the right story and show your contribution in affecting other people's lives).
The only thing I'm a bit worried about is your career goals. Sure, moving into consulting after your experience is quite possible, but what are your long term and short term goals. How will an MBA act as a stepping stone to achieve these short term goals? What transferable skills do you have to make this a successful transition? In short, build a strong narrative.
If you can tie all of these together in your application, you have a decent shot. What other schools are you applying to?

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Kalaivani1 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I am a Chartered Accountant from India. Prior to that I completed my Undergrad from Leeds, UK in BA (Hons) Business and Management (Lower second class = ~3.15 GPA). I have also completed by ACMA , CGMA professional qualification (obtained all india 2nd rank in the final exams)

I have six years work experience as on date. Below is my work exp breakup (with most recent first)
3. Associate consultant at a small management consultant company (Dec 13 to Apr 15) = 1 yr and 5 months
4. Audit assistant at a small auditing firm (Apr 12 to Nov 13) = 1 year 8 months

I also have some volunteering exp as a teaching assistant at a primary school...

Apart from this, I have good exposure in terms of handling the top management of huge multinational clients during my stint at EY. I can demonstrate good communication, interpersonal and leadership skills. I should be able to get a strong recommendation letters from my Partner and Senior manager at EY.

Last but not the least, I am yet to take my GMAT but preparing with a target score of 750 (for the purposes of this evaluation lets assume i score 720+)

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2018, 00:13
Hi

Kindly evaluate my profile.

This is daljeet
Indian male 31yr

Graduate in ayurvedic medicine and surgery.
6 year of work ex both in clinical and management role.

Presently working as senior medical coordinator intensive care unit of a multi super specialty hospital.
Excellent growth as compare to peers.

Gmat prepration in progress.

Extracircular.

State level badminton player during school
Holds sports grade certificate from dept of sports govt of punjab.
Prade commander of school unit during prade organised by local adminstration on the eve of independence day and republic day

Best athlete of college
Member of extracircular committee of college
Organised various events like annual function,alum meet ,sports meet etc as part of commitee

Post college

Organising various blood donation camps with the help of volunteers .

Part of organising commitee which organised a regional language tv channel show.

Attended various free medical camps as volunteer .

Part of volunteer group which helping needy people financially for various purpose,my work mostly related to varify medical cases .

Post mba goal
Entreprenaurism

How mba will help
Worked with two mlm companies which failed .
Learned some lessons and came to know that i lacks basic bussines skills.
Mba will help me to gain that knowledge.

Kindly evaluate my profile and give your valuable suggessions.

Regards

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.25
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2018, 00:50
Thanks Varun for your quick evaluation. I am also targeting Wharton and Columbia.

MBAkarma wrote:
Hello Kalaivani1

You have some positives going for you- strong brand on the CV, high expected GMAT (go for at least 740+) and international exposure (BA hons).
Your career progress looks decent too. What would required is to show your achievements and impact at work. These will matter significantly in your application. You can read here on what makes a strong application.
The teaching experience could also be helpful (if you tell the right story and show your contribution in affecting other people's lives).
The only thing I'm a bit worried about is your career goals. Sure, moving into consulting after your experience is quite possible, but what are your long term and short term goals. How will an MBA act as a stepping stone to achieve these short term goals? What transferable skills do you have to make this a successful transition? In short, build a strong narrative.
If you can tie all of these together in your application, you have a decent shot. What other schools are you applying to?

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Kalaivani1 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

S

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2018, 16:10
Hi daljeet6586,

Thank you for your post and for sharing your profile. It is difficult to evaluate a profile without the GMAT score or academic credentials, but your professional experience demonstrates potential. You also show community involvement, which adds to your profile. Your post-MBA goals are not fleshed out either (insufficient details), so it makes that portion of the profile evaluation difficult as well. Will you be pursuing entrepreneurship in the healthcare sector? How has your 6-years experience in healthcare informed your decision to obtain an MBA and move you toward your career aspirations?

If you are thinking about pursuing an MBA in entrepreneurship and healthcare, look at Anderson as well.

If you are interested in continuing the conversation, please reach out to schedule a free consultation (contact details in signature).

Good luck!

daljeet6586 wrote:
Hi

Kindly evaluate my profile.

This is daljeet
Indian male 31yr

Graduate in ayurvedic medicine and surgery.
6 year of work ex both in clinical and management role.

Presently working as senior medical coordinator intensive care unit of a multi super specialty hospital.
Excellent growth as compare to peers.

Gmat prepration in progress.

Extracircular.

State level badminton player during school
Holds sports grade certificate from dept of sports govt of punjab.
Prade commander of school unit during prade organised by local adminstration on the eve of independence day and republic day

Best athlete of college
Member of extracircular committee of college
Organised various events like annual function,alum meet ,sports meet etc as part of commitee

Post college

Organising various blood donation camps with the help of volunteers .

Part of organising commitee which organised a regional language tv channel show.

Attended various free medical camps as volunteer .

Part of volunteer group which helping needy people financially for various purpose,my work mostly related to varify medical cases .

Post mba goal
Entreprenaurism

How mba will help
Worked with two mlm companies which failed .
Learned some lessons and came to know that i lacks basic bussines skills.
Mba will help me to gain that knowledge.

Kindly evaluate my profile and give your valuable suggessions.

Regards

Sia Admissions
info@siaadmissions.com
+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2018, 08:57
Background and Nationality:
-Filipino Citizen (Filipino-Chinese heritage) born and raised in the Philippines
-member of the LGBT community with long-term partner

Undergrad Information:
-Took up BA Communication Research from University of the Philippines (#1 University in the Philippines).
-Graduated Magna Cum Laude with 1.37 GPA on a 1.0 scale.
-Inducted into 2 Honor Societies (Phi Kappa Phi & Pi Gamma Mu)

Professional Qualifications:
-Worked 5 months in digital advertising.
-Worked 14 months in L'Oreal Philippines as a Management Trainee doing retail. (Leading team of 30; Bagging sales awards vs senior peers; fast-tracked/promoted out of the Management Trainee Program)
-Worked 15 months (on-going, will be 29 months by enrolment) in L'Oreal Philippines E-Commerce (Doing year-on-year triple digit growth for PH e-commerce, winning a global award in Paris for digital marketing initiative amongst 200 entries across countries, had project published as a Facebook Case Study on digital marketing).
-Up for promotion (after 16 months from start of role) this coming July

GMAT: 690 (Q:46 V:38)

Community and others:
-Pioneered inclusivity movement in University for diversity (LGBT)
-Founding member of company's Citizen Committee, organizing year-wide outreach and community programs for the company. Most notably reaching out to women in war-torn areas in the country who were recovering through providing cosmetic products (coming from a social study that showed women going through displacement and trauma recover with the help of personal care/beauty products that help them regain control).

Post MBA goals:
-Professional: Work in big tech and work with companies on how to best use our technology to improve marketing & sales initiatives.
-Community: Helping LGBT NGOs maximize and optimize digital media use to further the cause
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.35
KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2018, 13:25
Hello - looking for a profile review heading into my Kellogg application. Plan to apply Round 1.

Background: 27 y.o. white male

Undergrad: B.S. Finance – 3.35 GPA – large Pac-12 school in PNW (not UW)

Heavy Undergrad EC’s: played two years varsity baseball until soph. year then during last year and a half worked two on-campus jobs, led new student orientations, conducted academic advising, leadership position in Investment Club – managed real money portfolio, team captain CFA competition team, research assistant – fixed income, organized PE/VC conferences, played poker semi-professionally and paid for most of school this way. Also graduated early.

GMAT:

Attempt #1: 690 44Q/41V/7IR/6AWA
Attempt #2: 720 48Q/41V/8IR/6AWA

Work Experience: 4.5 years at app

- Engineering summer internship at Fortune 100 aerospace company – ranked top 5% of interns

- Hired into full-time competitive rotation at Fortune 100 aerospace company, completed rotations in project management (led teams in matrix format) and pricing – multiple achievements – ranked in top 5% of analysts each performance review – 2 years total, 1 promotion

- Financial analyst at FAANG company – managed P&L spanning 13 marketplaces and 9 currencies – ranked in top 10% of analysts for org – 1.75 years total, 0 promotions

- [Current] Senior Manager – Business Intelligence & Analytics at small retail services startup that is fastest growing company in region. Directly manage 7 people. Started as a Product Owner/Business Analyst and have been promoted twice in 12 months to current position. Conceived and built the team I manage, which is part of a new revenue model that has attracted bigger client accounts in the CPG category (think Coke/Dr Pepper-Snapple/Pepsi and Clorox/P&G/J&J) that will do seven figures in profit this year. Also managed the product lifecycle for a web-based product that we brought to market – 1 year total with company at app, 2 promotions

Community:

- Volunteered to lead resume and job interview workshops at Women’s shelter
- Mentor undergrads at Alma Mater

Post-MBA Goals:

- Short-term: Break into hardware product management at a FAANG company. Supporting PM’s at FAANG I realized this is what I want to pursue – have multiple PM mentors. Moved to start-up to gain PM experience, albeit on a web-based product, and had to move because I couldn’t move internally at FAANG as I was too junior of an employee for most of the product roles.

- Long-term: start a hardware venture, either as Founder/CEO or Co-Founder/CFO
S

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2018, 16:14
Hi maged1893,

Thank you for your post and for sharing your background. You have an excellent profile with a lot of great qualities: strong academics, leadership experience, and community involvements. I do recommend, however, that you retake the GMAT. Institutions like Kellogg look for a candidate's ability to be successful in their program. It would be great if you could bring your score to 700+ to show that you can handle the rigor.

I would dedicate the remainder of the time, between now and application deadline, to work and develop your story, a critical component of Kellogg's holistic admissions approach.

Happy to continue this conversation. If interested, please reach out to coordinate a free consultation (contact details in signature).

Good luck!

maged1893 wrote:
Background and Nationality:
-Filipino Citizen (Filipino-Chinese heritage) born and raised in the Philippines
-member of the LGBT community with long-term partner

Undergrad Information:
-Took up BA Communication Research from University of the Philippines (#1 University in the Philippines).
-Graduated Magna Cum Laude with 1.37 GPA on a 1.0 scale.
-Inducted into 2 Honor Societies (Phi Kappa Phi & Pi Gamma Mu)

Professional Qualifications:
-Worked 5 months in digital advertising.
-Worked 14 months in L'Oreal Philippines as a Management Trainee doing retail. (Leading team of 30; Bagging sales awards vs senior peers; fast-tracked/promoted out of the Management Trainee Program)
-Worked 15 months (on-going, will be 29 months by enrolment) in L'Oreal Philippines E-Commerce (Doing year-on-year triple digit growth for PH e-commerce, winning a global award in Paris for digital marketing initiative amongst 200 entries across countries, had project published as a Facebook Case Study on digital marketing).
-Up for promotion (after 16 months from start of role) this coming July

GMAT: 690 (Q:46 V:38)

Community and others:
-Pioneered inclusivity movement in University for diversity (LGBT)
-Founding member of company's Citizen Committee, organizing year-wide outreach and community programs for the company. Most notably reaching out to women in war-torn areas in the country who were recovering through providing cosmetic products (coming from a social study that showed women going through displacement and trauma recover with the help of personal care/beauty products that help them regain control).

Post MBA goals:
-Professional: Work in big tech and work with companies on how to best use our technology to improve marketing & sales initiatives.
-Community: Helping LGBT NGOs maximize and optimize digital media use to further the cause

Sia Admissions
info@siaadmissions.com
+1 (646) 690 - 9996

S

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2018, 17:15
Hi jhopper13,

You have an interesting background: strong ECs and interesting work/leadership experience. I am glad you retook the GMAT, as you score improved significantly. I recommend you focus your time in the next month to develop a clear story of your goals. You should be able to clearly articulate your decision to move from FAANG (goal) to the start up. You should also be able to articulate why you require an MBA from Kellogg and why now?

Happy to continue the conversation. If interested, please reach out to coordinate a free consultation (contact details in signature).

Good luck!

jhopper13 wrote:
Hello - looking for a profile review heading into my Kellogg application. Plan to apply Round 1.

Background: 27 y.o. white male

Undergrad: B.S. Finance – 3.35 GPA – large Pac-12 school in PNW (not UW)

Heavy Undergrad EC’s: played two years varsity baseball until soph. year then during last year and a half worked two on-campus jobs, led new student orientations, conducted academic advising, leadership position in Investment Club – managed real money portfolio, team captain CFA competition team, research assistant – fixed income, organized PE/VC conferences, played poker semi-professionally and paid for most of school this way. Also graduated early.

GMAT:

Attempt #1: 690 44Q/41V/7IR/6AWA
Attempt #2: 720 48Q/41V/8IR/6AWA

Work Experience: 4.5 years at app

- Engineering summer internship at Fortune 100 aerospace company – ranked top 5% of interns

- Hired into full-time competitive rotation at Fortune 100 aerospace company, completed rotations in project management (led teams in matrix format) and pricing – multiple achievements – ranked in top 5% of analysts each performance review – 2 years total, 1 promotion

- Financial analyst at FAANG company – managed P&L spanning 13 marketplaces and 9 currencies – ranked in top 10% of analysts for org – 1.75 years total, 0 promotions

- [Current] Senior Manager – Business Intelligence & Analytics at small retail services startup that is fastest growing company in region. Directly manage 7 people. Started as a Product Owner/Business Analyst and have been promoted twice in 12 months to current position. Conceived and built the team I manage, which is part of a new revenue model that has attracted bigger client accounts in the CPG category (think Coke/Dr Pepper-Snapple/Pepsi and Clorox/P&G/J&J) that will do seven figures in profit this year. Also managed the product lifecycle for a web-based product that we brought to market – 1 year total with company at app, 2 promotions

Community:

- Volunteered to lead resume and job interview workshops at Women’s shelter
- Mentor undergrads at Alma Mater

Post-MBA Goals:

- Short-term: Break into hardware product management at a FAANG company. Supporting PM’s at FAANG I realized this is what I want to pursue – have multiple PM mentors. Moved to start-up to gain PM experience, albeit on a web-based product, and had to move because I couldn’t move internally at FAANG as I was too junior of an employee for most of the product roles.

- Long-term: start a hardware venture, either as Founder/CEO or Co-Founder/CFO

Sia Admissions
info@siaadmissions.com
+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2018, 19:46
Hi

Please evaluate my profile

Nationality: Nigerian (West Africa)

Education: Master of Pharmacy.....MPharm(honors)
GPA: 3.04 (according to WES)
GMAT: no taken yet but test is scheduled for next week
Other education: I have taken some free courses online purely out of interest: Financial trading, Leadership and management (‘ the Shaw academy’ . I don’t know if they will consider that)

Work experience: 4.5 years. As a pharmacist, worked a year for a multinational pharma company as a medical sales representative. I’m a pharmacy intern now in the US

My pharmacy degree was obtained from the United Kingdom and I moved back to Nigeria after working a year in London.

I am a registered pharmacist in the UK and Nigeria after sitting the Nigerian Pharmacy equivalent exam

I moved to the United States 2 years ago and have been working towards being a registered pharmacist here. As a matter of fact, I sit my boards in a couple of weeks. So my most recent position are Pharmacy technician and Intern position. Those are part of the United state requirements in order to be eligible to sit the boards.

Back in Nigeria, I attempted to pioneer a system by which pharmacy medications would be dispensed in the orange vial bottles that are used in pharmacies in the United States with child resistant caps and appropriate printing labels. This was to prevent the numerous child deaths caused my medication poisoning. And to also prevent medication degradation by harsh sun light. I was trying to help solve one of the issues with medication in Nigeria including the existence of counterfeit medication. Unfortunately I was not successful, I had so much to learn including networking, selling yourself and the general business accumen.

When the Ebola virus struck West Africa, it made its way to the hospital I worked in. Luckily I wasn’t quarantined or anything. But I led a team in providing infrared thermometers, hospital supplies, sanitizers etc to very rural areas who had no way or access to information as people who did in the big cities of Nigeria. Till today it is still used and they do get the odd training and checks to make sure everything is okay. That was the what peaked my interest in operations and strategy of a health care system as I literally saw a country fall apart during this period. I look for ways to solve healthcare problems

When it comes to extra curricular:
I am active in the church, I organized many medical outreach programs in both cities and rural areas to help people who could not afford healthcare. I have a passion for health equity.
I currently sponsor a child in Uganda
I was a student telephone fundraiser and raised about £1000 towards University research and whatever the alumni was passionate about.
Public Relations Officer (PRO) for African Caribbean Society.

My post MBA goal would be to work in a Leadership Development Program for a company that provides healthcare solutions be it health tech or health insurance such as GE healthcare, Samsung healthcare or Cigna.

Annual donations to American cancer society and ellevest ( an investment platform for Women in business targeted to bridge gender investment gap)

Please let me know your thoughts....

S

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2018, 15:54
Hi Nenah28,

Thank you for your post and for sharing such a great and inspiring profile. I think you have a very interesting back-story and a compelling reason seek an MBA. You do have a somewhat low GPA, however. It would really help your case if you can get a 700+ GMAT score. What application round are your targeting?

You have quite a few things going on in the coming months (GMAT, NAPLEX, and prepare for your MBA application). I recommend you are strategic with your applications. Be sure that you develop your story that speaks to your career aspiration and the reason for needing an MBA from Kellogg, for example. I would also recommend you use the optional essay to talk about your less than ideal GPA.

Happy to continue the conversation. If interested, please reach out to coordinate a free consultation (contact details in signature).

Good luck!

Nenah28 wrote:
Hi

Please evaluate my profile

Nationality: Nigerian (West Africa)

Education: Master of Pharmacy.....MPharm(honors)
GPA: 3.04 (according to WES)
GMAT: no taken yet but test is scheduled for next week
Other education: I have taken some free courses online purely out of interest: Financial trading, Leadership and management (‘ the Shaw academy’ . I don’t know if they will consider that)

Work experience: 4.5 years. As a pharmacist, worked a year for a multinational pharma company as a medical sales representative. I’m a pharmacy intern now in the US

My pharmacy degree was obtained from the United Kingdom and I moved back to Nigeria after working a year in London.

I am a registered pharmacist in the UK and Nigeria after sitting the Nigerian Pharmacy equivalent exam

I moved to the United States 2 years ago and have been working towards being a registered pharmacist here. As a matter of fact, I sit my boards in a couple of weeks. So my most recent position are Pharmacy technician and Intern position. Those are part of the United state requirements in order to be eligible to sit the boards.

Back in Nigeria, I attempted to pioneer a system by which pharmacy medications would be dispensed in the orange vial bottles that are used in pharmacies in the United States with child resistant caps and appropriate printing labels. This was to prevent the numerous child deaths caused my medication poisoning. And to also prevent medication degradation by harsh sun light. I was trying to help solve one of the issues with medication in Nigeria including the existence of counterfeit medication. Unfortunately I was not successful, I had so much to learn including networking, selling yourself and the general business accumen.

When the Ebola virus struck West Africa, it made its way to the hospital I worked in. Luckily I wasn’t quarantined or anything. But I led a team in providing infrared thermometers, hospital supplies, sanitizers etc to very rural areas who had no way or access to information as people who did in the big cities of Nigeria. Till today it is still used and they do get the odd training and checks to make sure everything is okay. That was the what peaked my interest in operations and strategy of a health care system as I literally saw a country fall apart during this period. I look for ways to solve healthcare problems

When it comes to extra curricular:
I am active in the church, I organized many medical outreach programs in both cities and rural areas to help people who could not afford healthcare. I have a passion for health equity.
I currently sponsor a child in Uganda
I was a student telephone fundraiser and raised about £1000 towards University research and whatever the alumni was passionate about.
Public Relations Officer (PRO) for African Caribbean Society.

My post MBA goal would be to work in a Leadership Development Program for a company that provides healthcare solutions be it health tech or health insurance such as GE healthcare, Samsung healthcare or Cigna.

Annual donations to American cancer society and ellevest ( an investment platform for Women in business targeted to bridge gender investment gap)

Please let me know your thoughts....

Sia Admissions
info@siaadmissions.com
+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2018, 18:00
I was hoping to apply for R2. I’m aiming for 700+ and will sit the gmat again if I don’t get that this weekend

S

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2018, 05:51
Nenah28,

Sounds like you have a plan in place. Good luck this weekend!

Nenah28 wrote:
I was hoping to apply for R2. I’m aiming for 700+ and will sit the gmat again if I don’t get that this weekend

Sia Admissions
info@siaadmissions.com
+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2018, 15:21
Hello, please give me some advise based on the following:

35 year old guy from the Dominican Republic

Interested in the 1Y Program

GMAT: 680

Undergrad: BBA with a double major in finance and international business from Florida International University. GPA: 3.9 with honors

Experience: 3 years at a medium sized local (DR) brokerage firm, started out as a risk and treasury analyst, was promoted to Jr trader within a yer, the following was promoted to trader, and last month i was promoted to Sr trader. Have experienced exponential growth within the last few years, and i now manage a team of 4 people and im in charge of managing 40% of the EM portfolio.

Volunteering: volunteer for more than 6 years at a local charity that works at constructing houses for underprivileged families.

Post MBA goals: I am very focused on staying on my current field, but given how quickly i have grown in the past few years, i feel like a need the MBA to move to next managerial step, and acquire the skills necessary to continue growing within my field.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2018, 08:05
Asian Male
Nationality: American

Education: BBA at UT Austin (McCombs)
GPA: 3.3
GMAT: 740 49Q 42V. 5.5 Essay. 4 IR.

Work experience: 6.5 years thus far. 7.5 upon entry. All with a single bank.
1 year in Dallas in commercial banking.
2.5 years in Hong Kong covering Australia / Hong Kong in corporate lending.
2 years in silicon valley tech banking in corporate sales.
1 year back in Hong Kong covering Singapore and Japan in corporate lending.

Looking at 2 year program to transition into mezz debt PE...boutique firm etc.

Please let me know your thoughts, thanks! Especially around the GPA, age and IR score.
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here! &nbs [#permalink] 15 Aug 2018, 08:05

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15    Next  [ 290 posts ] 

KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Gnpth

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap