GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Jun 2019, 09:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2018, 14:04
Background and nationality: USA, White Male,
Undergrad Information: State University Top 100, Finance & Entrepreneurship Double Major. Entrepreneurship program ranked Top 10 and I received distinguished awards and grant money to pursue a venture from the program. GPA is 3.45
GMAT: 730 | Q 48
Work experience and leadership: 5 years of work experience; Had a startup for a year that had a modest exit. Then I worked for two startups in B2B Software Sales. One was headquartered in Tel Aviv so I have that international experience plus I'm fluent in Hebrew. For the last year, I have been working in Channel Sales for a Fortune 500 tech company where I train and present to our channel partners.
Community and others: I lead corporate volunteer efforts for my company's regional office
Post MBA goals: Big 3 Consulting
Anything else?

Thanks so much for the review! Happy to provide more background if it will help.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2018, 18:49
Profile Evalutation for Kellogg MMM

Demographics: Indian Female (25 y/o)
Undergrad GPA: >3.7
Undergrad school/major: National Institute of Technology
Graduate school/major: National Institute of Technology (I did a five-year integrated course (B.Tech +M.Tech))
GMAT Score: 730
Total experience: 2.5 years. (38 months by matriculation)
Work experience: I am currently a lead developer in Dell India. My team specializes in big data analytics. I have worked with various analytics projects with various teams within Dell. I have been promoted twice in 2.5 years. I have five direct reports and 18 indirect reports. I also provide Data analysis using Python and R and Data visualization training to Dell employees.

Extra curricular: I have worked with Rotary International for 5 years (My main focus has been on education and women empowerment).I worked for the education of underprivileged children. I have been a part of Microsoft campus club for 5 years. I also, sponsor a kid's education. I am an advisor to a Toastmaster club. I am also a yoga instructor and a yoga blogger. I have played badminton till KVS National Level and have been a state level marathon runner.

Goal of MBA: My target is Kellogg because I'd like to continue my career in big data and analytics. Kellogg's curriculum will help me in my career advancement. Post-MBA, I'd like to work as a business analyst in a leading tech firm with a goal of helping organizations make data-driven business decisions.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 07:36
SiaAdmissions Could you please evaluate my profile?

MRaut wrote:
Profile Evalutation for Kellogg MMM

Demographics: Indian Female (25 y/o)
Undergrad GPA: >3.7
Undergrad school/major: National Institute of Technology
Graduate school/major: National Institute of Technology (I did a five-year integrated course (B.Tech +M.Tech))
GMAT Score: 730
Total experience: 2.5 years. (38 months by matriculation)
Work experience: I am currently a lead developer in Dell India. My team specializes in big data analytics. I have worked with various analytics projects with various teams within Dell. I have been promoted twice in 2.5 years. I have five direct reports and 18 indirect reports. I also provide Data analysis using Python and R and Data visualization training to Dell employees.

Extra curricular: I have worked with Rotary International for 5 years (My main focus has been on education and women empowerment).I worked for the education of underprivileged children. I have been a part of Microsoft campus club for 5 years. I also, sponsor a kid's education. I am an advisor to a Toastmaster club. I am also a yoga instructor and a yoga blogger. I have played badminton till KVS National Level and have been a state level marathon runner.

Goal of MBA: My target is Kellogg because I'd like to continue my career in big data and analytics. Kellogg's curriculum will help me in my career advancement. Post-MBA, I'd like to work as a business analyst in a leading tech firm with a goal of helping organizations make data-driven business decisions.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '20

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2019, 10:41
Hi guys,

It will be great if someone can evaluate my profile and let me know what GMAT score should I target to bag a call.

Nationality:Indian

10th(CBSE)- 83%
12th(CBSE)- 78%
Computer Science Engineering(B.Tech)- 69%
Completed Business Leadership Programme with a top Indian Bank(MBA banking and finance)- CGPA of 7.0 (an elite programme with the bank)

Work Experience Total - 6.5 years+
1. IT- Systems Engineer- 3 years

Here I worked in Core JAVA projects.

2. Banking-
a. 2016-2018(Commercial Banking): Worked as Account Manager for Big corporates. My client base included many SME clients. Also I led many New Client Acquisitions for my unit.
b. 2018-present:I am working in Operational risk profile as a Risk analyst with various groups mapped under me for Risk evaluation. Also I played a Key role in driving a software induction for my group within the Bank.

Achievements:Acknowleded for Highest Advance Tax collection across my zone.
Co-curricular- Plenty and plenty of award for various events,Debates,dramatics,including University level award and State level beauty pageant(won subtitle :)),
Volunteering: Worked as Placements officer with Make a Difference(NGO)

Age:30 (I will be 31 by the time I apply for 2019-20)- Just to add, I am a proud mom of 19 month old baby.

Thanks in advance! :)
Intern
Intern
S
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2019, 11:05
Hi All,
Would appreciate a profile evaluation. Targeting R1 next year.

Background and nationality: Indian Female

Undergrad Information: B.Tech - ECE. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University(MSIT). CGPA: 8.9(one of the toppers of my stream)

GMAT: 760

Work experience and leadership : 4.5 years at present in a techno-functional role. Working as a Senior Software Engineer in Infosys Ltd serving domestic and international banks. Have worked with private, public sector and international banks, all at client site. Currently heading all clients in Africa and Sri Lanka region (about 2 years of international work ex). Regarded as a domain expert and have worked as a team lead in multiple project implementations.

Awards: Top Performer in the Entry Level Training, Most Promising Joinee Award, Listed as Infosys Pride Factor, Awarded by multiple clients for contribution to the project.
Was the head of Self-Governance Team in Infosys for a year.

Community and others : Associated with Leaders for Tomorrow and part of their project – Igniting Young Minds to provide life skills to the disadvantaged; Member of Help Age India in higher secondary for care of disadvantaged elderly.
Recently Joined Toastmasters. Awarded as Best Table Topic Speaker in the guest meeting. Event Head of Technical Fest in college ensuring a footfall of more than 2500 people in the event. Member of the organization committee of Infosys Finacle Fever’15.

Post MBA goals: Investment Banking, Consulting.

Thank you for your help.
Manager
Manager
G
Schools: Booth '21 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2019, 09:53
aroraishita02 wrote:
Hi All,
Would appreciate a profile evaluation. Targeting R1 next year.

Background and nationality: Indian Female

Undergrad Information: B.Tech - ECE. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University(MSIT). CGPA: 8.9(one of the toppers of my stream)

GMAT: 760

Work experience and leadership : 4.5 years at present in a techno-functional role. Working as a Senior Software Engineer in Infosys Ltd serving domestic and international banks. Have worked with private, public sector and international banks, all at client site. Currently heading all clients in Africa and Sri Lanka region (about 2 years of international work ex). Regarded as a domain expert and have worked as a team lead in multiple project implementations.

Awards: Top Performer in the Entry Level Training, Most Promising Joinee Award, Listed as Infosys Pride Factor, Awarded by multiple clients for contribution to the project.
Was the head of Self-Governance Team in Infosys for a year.

Community and others : Associated with Leaders for Tomorrow and part of their project – Igniting Young Minds to provide life skills to the disadvantaged; Member of Help Age India in higher secondary for care of disadvantaged elderly.
Recently Joined Toastmasters. Awarded as Best Table Topic Speaker in the guest meeting. Event Head of Technical Fest in college ensuring a footfall of more than 2500 people in the event. Member of the organization committee of Infosys Finacle Fever’15.

Post MBA goals: Investment Banking, Consulting.

Thank you for your help.

Here's my take -

1) Basic stats look good. GMAT & GPA are stellar. Undergrad college brand is not the best but should be fine.
2) Work-ex looks decent even though its regular "IT" and not a blue-chip brand.
3) Extra-curric is fine as well. Keep building on it in the coming year.. maybe do some for "volunteering"

Biggest things that will decide if you make it or not -

1) Career Goals - will be most important. The fact that you wrote both Investment Banking and Consulting shows me you are new to this. You will have to be very specific and clear on what you want to do.. and why?
2) Personal Narrative / Career Narrative - how does your goal fit in your overall personal / career story, and why you want to go down that path
3) Leadership evidence - show examples of leadership in your essays through fantastic stories related to work experience.

I think your profile has great potential and can make it if application execution is excellent.
Good luck!
G
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2019, 10:51
Hi everybody,

Could you please tell me if i am good to go for kellogs

Indian male,IIT passout,6.5 yrs workex,GMAT 750(giving again.planning to pull it to 770-780)

Undergrad : Chemical engineering(GPA = 7.17).Class rank = 50(expecting some IIT discount on this front).

Work : Oil and gas field work.Drilling fluid incharge on various off shore drilling rig sites.14 days on/off work pattern.

Extra curriculars : Corporate social responsibilty participant of my company asset(involved majorly in the upliftment of rural areas nearby).Teacher at an NGO to children.Regular quizzer right from school time.A few others.

After MBA : continue in my field of oil & gas(probably as a rig or area incharge).Grow gradualy but would like to stick on to my field.Basically not willing to waste my undergrad and workex.

Thanks in advance...

Posted from my mobile device
Experts' Global Representative
S

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2019, 03:25
redskull1 wrote:
Hi everybody,

Could you please tell me if i am good to go for kellogs

Indian male,IIT passout,6.5 yrs workex,GMAT 750(giving again.planning to pull it to 770-780)

Undergrad : Chemical engineering(GPA = 7.17).Class rank = 50(expecting some IIT discount on this front).

Work : Oil and gas field work.Drilling fluid incharge on various off shore drilling rig sites.14 days on/off work pattern.

Extra curriculars : Corporate social responsibilty participant of my company asset(involved majorly in the upliftment of rural areas nearby).Teacher at an NGO to children.Regular quizzer right from school time.A few others.

After MBA : continue in my field of oil & gas(probably as a rig or area incharge).Grow gradualy but would like to stick on to my field.Basically not willing to waste my undergrad and workex.

Thanks in advance...

Hi redskull1,

While your GMAT is in good shape (a retake, of course, will help), you have not shared details pertaining to career growth and achievements.

Your chances will also depend on the essays you put forth; ensure that the essays are truly representative of your strengths and tie up your career goals in a logical manner.

Should you feel the need for a detailed discussion, please feel free to reach out to us.

All the best! :-)
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: AGSM '15

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2019, 22:04
Asian Canadian - Planning to apply as a Canadian citizen

B.Com from Top canadian university e.g. Mcgill UofT with 3.2 gpa.. really low gpa but I hope the admission committee takes into consideration that these schools are notorious for having the toughest gradung system.
Moreover, my gpa is quite.. nasty
First Year: 3.7
Second year: 2.08 (with F, C+), 3.2
Third Year: 3.2
Fourth Year: 3.2

2 years in military as a soldier (Mandarory in South Korea)

CPA Canada, working at PwC Audit
CFA level 2

730 GMAT

I heard that US MBAs don’t really like Big 4 audit work experience.
And, I am concerned with my low gpa..

I am planning to swift my career to consulting.

I am planning to be a “crown” over the weekend, entertaining people at the mall if this could differentiate myself from other candidates and raise my chance.

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2019, 23:06
gofhddl94 wrote:

B.Com from Top canadian university e.g. Mcgill UofT with 3.2 gpa.. really low gpa but I hope the admission committee takes into consideration that these schools are notorious for having the toughest gradung system.

CFA level 2

730 GMAT

I am planning to be a “crown” over the weekend, entertaining people at the mall if this could differentiate myself from other candidates and raise my chance.

I think your stats are within the realm of admittance. Maybe a 740-750 GMAT could make a slight difference. Everyone I met at the admit weekend who talked about their GMAT had a 740, although this could very much just be a coincidence.

Reading your last paragraph, I am somewhat concerned about your English capabilities though...(what’s a crown and why would you be at the mall?!)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2019, 06:50
Hello,

I plan on applying to Kellogg and was looking for some honest feedback on my chances. Could you please asses my profile and let me know of the potential strengths and weaknesses of my profile?

Basic bio:
- Nationality: Indian

Academic Details (commerce/business administration):
- Grad: BBA (in Finance) - rough calculation of GPA using the WES scale 3.42
- Post Grad: PGDM (in Finance) from a top-15 school in India - rough calculation of GPA using WES scale 3.37
- GMAT: 720 (Q47 V42 IR5 AWA4)

Work experience:
- 3 years with the big 4. I worked with the Risk Advisory Services team in India. I did process risk assessment for several organizational processes for clients across several industries. I also worked with the senior management in Business Development activities for the India operations of the team.

- 3 years (post-PGDM experience) with the Indian arm of a US-based Hedge Fund in the Financial Operations team. I work as a part of the team that serves as a nodal point for internal and external stakeholders.

- While I have managed a couple of small teams for various tasks, I dont have any significant management experience.

International experience:
- In addition to dealing with stakeholders from all over the globe on a daily bases and working as a part of a team spread across various geographies, I also worked at the US office for a period of 4 months.

Extra-Curricular Activities :
- I have been actively involved in sports at school, college and corporate level.
- During my undergrad, I was a part of the strategy club, where I participated and organized in a few management fests.
- During my postgrad, I was a part of the committee dealing with student exchange programmes.
- I have been involved with the CSR groups in both the organizations.

Post-MBA plans:
- I plan on leveraging my risk advisory/consulting and financial operations experience in landing a strategy consulting job

Reason for (second) MBA:
- Looking for diverse global exposure, and the associated learning that comes with living and operating in an global environment
- Need for a more case-based approach to academics to leverage my knowledge
- Greater opportunities in terms of global mobility

Any inputs on my profile and chances will be helpful. Also, do you think I need to retake the GMAT? Will the individual sectional scores be problematic?

Thanks
Sia Admissions Representative
G
Affiliations: NYU, Yale

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2019, 14:29
Hi gofhddl94,

Thank you for sharing your profile. How many years of work experience do you have? Have you done any community work? Also, what round are you applying to?

Ineed a 3.2GPA is somewhat low for the likes of Kellogg; that said, getting admitted is not impossible. I would be prepared to write a supplementary essay discussing the challenges you faced that resulted in a low GPA (no excuses, just facts). Also, to counter your GPA, I would aim at increasing your overall GMAT score by 10+ points. Perhaps some courses might be an added value to your overall profile as well. I hope this helps.

If interested in continuing the conversation, please fill this form to coordinate a call.

Good luck!

gofhddl94 wrote:

CFA level 2

730 GMAT

+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Contact us for a complimentary profile evaluation
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2019, 03:13
Hi,
Please evaluate my profile.

I have 6+ years work experience,

Company: citibank (risk management)

GMAT: 710

Pros:
1. Good international exposure due to office visits and clients
2. Good communication and people skills
3. Will be able to get good recommendations

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
MBA Admissions Consultant
P
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2019, 03:41
akhilagarwal wrote:
Hi,

Pros:

Hello,

A GMAT score of 710 is slightly lower than Kellogs average of 732. However, a GMAT score is only one aspect of the application.

I highly suggest that you check out our free MBA chances estimation calculator. It is a great tool and will give you a better estimate of your chances.

Here at ARINGO we specialize in applicants with GMAT score of 720 and lower. In the past we have had clients get accepted to Kellog with GMAT scores as low as 640 by helping them with their essays, recommendations, interviews and such.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch,

Georgia

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720 or low GPAs

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young - https://aringo.com/aringo-mba-admission-statistics/
Sia Admissions Representative
G
Affiliations: NYU, Yale

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2019, 12:33
Hi akhilagarwal,

Can you share with us your GPA (or ranking within your class) and the university ranking? Have you received any promotions within the 6+ years at Citibank? Also, what are your post-MBA goals? Indeed, a 710 GMAT is lower than the school's average. That said, there are other components of the application that can make you stand out from the other applicants with similar profiles. For example, distinctly conveying yoour unique exposures that have shaped your experiences is a key component of the qualitative measurement of your candidacy. Also, having clarity of goals and their clear connection to how Kellogg's program fits can facilitate their decision.

I welcome getting to know your story better, either through GMAT club or through a conversation offline. If interested, please reach out.

Good luck!

akhilagarwal wrote:
Hi,

Pros:

+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Contact us for a complimentary profile evaluation
Experts' Global Representative
S

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2019, 04:04
akhilagarwal wrote:
Hi,

Pros:

Hello akhilagarwal,

Thanks for your query.

A 710 on the GMAT is definitely on the lower side for Kellogg. However, the top business schools evaluate profiles holistically and one could always showcase a spike in other factors. Kindly share details pertaining to your career progression, international exposure, managerial experience, etc. The same will help us evaluate your profile in greater depth.

Having said the above, should there exist the possibility of you re-taking the GMAT, we would strongly recommend the same.

All the best!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.39
KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2019, 04:36
GMAT - 760
Education-
MBM Government Engineering College, Jodhpur, India
Bachelor of Engineering, Mechanical (69%) June 2011
• President – Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Collegiate club
• Captain & Chief Designer – First ever BAJA team of college (led a team of 10 members, designed and built an All-Terrain Vehicle in just $ 2400, awarded best innovation for steering design)
Work experience -
Currently working as Deputy Manager (Excavation) in Coal India Ltd., world’s largest coal producer company and one of the MahaRatna Public Sector Companies of India
Deputy Manager Jan 2017 – till date
(Research & Development Cell) NCL Headquarter

 Collaborated with management consultants from Management Development Institute, Gurgaon and technocrats from Tech Mahindra and developed Procurement and Inventory module of ERP software.
 Designed and implemented E-office, which discarded physical file movement, resulted in saving of papers and improved the efficiency of the file management system.
Assistant Manager Jul 2014 - Dec 2016
(Spare part Management) NCL Headquarter

 Member of drafting as well as negotiation committee, which finalized Agreements, with firms such as M/s Komatsu, Japan, M/s P&H, USA, M/s Caterpillar, USA and M/s Detroit Diesel engine, USA, for providing spares of equipment/assemblies provided by them.
 Vendor development, management
 Through reverse engineering, developed indigenous supply chain for imported spares, which considerably shortened the lead time of spares and resulted in saving of more than $1 bn each year. Received certificate of appreciation from the Chief Vigilance Officer of Chief Vigilance Commission, Delhi.
 Prepared the annual forecast of spares for more than 100 equipment through material budgeting, indenting., made budget provisions Made yearly purchase of spares of worth $6 Bn.
Management Trainee/ Assistant Mgr. Aug 2011 – Jun 2014
(Equipment Maintenance & Operations) Jayant Mega-Mine

 Rehabilitated a 10 Cum capacity shovel, which had been completely submerged under water. Utilizing only 8% of the equipment cost, made the shovel up and running within 3 months.
 Replaced old defunct lubrication system of Electric Shovels with self-designed auto lubrication system, increasing the overall availability of the excavators by more than 5%, thereby monthly saving $ of production losses. Awarded with best maintenance engineer (shovel) by the Director (Technical).
 Managed a staff of 75 technicians and supervised maintenance of 9 Heavy Earth Moving Machineries. Introduced condition Based monitoring for machines, reducing the overtime by more than 20% and increasing the availability of machines by, resulting in a net saving of #### achieved the allocated target in each financial year.
Social service-
a. Volunteered in many CSR projects such as – a. Clean India project wherein I supervised construction of 25 public toilets in the tribal villages of India and educated local residents against open defecation. b.
b. Organized musical concerts as well as lead the band “Uththan”, organized fund-raising events to financially help the local NGOs and needy people (such as flood victims, earthquake, and local destitute).
Certifications -
• Member Institute of supply management and government certified professional in supply chain management.
• R, Python, Hadoop

post MBA i want to get into supply chain management (with data analytics as electives) with firms such as IBM, Walmart, Amazon
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2019, 07:21
ACADEMICS:
STD X (ICSE BOARD)-74%
STD XII(MATH SCIENCE-STATE BOARD)-60%
Two year break in studies as father got paralyzed and mummy is a psychiatric patient suffering from Schizophrenia
Engineering- ANNAMALAI UNIVERSITY CHENNAI (TAMIL NADU GOVT. OWNED COLLEGE.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1ST-EMPLOYER- JOINED BPO INDUSTRY WORKING FOR WIPRO FOR 6 MONTHS (NATURE OF JOB: TELE-CALLER : RESOLUTION OF ISSUE OF TELECOM SERVICE FOR UK PEOPLE)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2ND EMPLOYER- MAHENDRA EDUCATION PRIVATE LIMITED( ASSISTANT MANAGER: NATURE OF JOB:TEACHING AND DEVELOPMENT OF CONTENT OF QUANT SECTION FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION) I WAS ADJUDGED BEST MATHS FACULTY PAN INDIA ACROSS 120 BRANCHES IN YEAR 2015
3RD EMPLOYER- BANK OF INDIA (PUBLIC SECTOR UNDERTAKING 4TH LARGEST BANK IN INDIA,DESIGNATION:CLERK(NATURE OF JOB: CLERICAL AND FINANCE WORK)
4TH EMPLOYER-BANK OF INDIA (PUBLIC SECTOR UNDERTAKING 4TH LARGEST BANK IN INDIA,DESIGNATION:ASSISTANT MANAGER(NATURE OF JOB: MANAGERIAL ,CONTROL AND SUPERVISORY ROLE) CLEARED ALL INDIA COMPETITIVE EXAMS CONDUCTED BY IBPS(WHERE MORE THAN 30 LAKH STUDENTS HAD APPLIED TO GET SHORTLISTED AMONG 6000 SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES.
5TH EMPLOYER INDIAN RAILWAYS: QUALIFED NTPC EXAM 2015 WHERE MORE THAN 1.25 CRORE PEOPLE APPEARED FOR THE EXAM AND ONLY 5000 ODD COULD QUALIFY TO JOIN THE SERVICE(HOWEVER DID NOT JOIN THE SERVICE BECAUSE OF BETTER JOB OPPORTUNITY)
6TH EMPLOYER(CURRENTLY WORKING WITH) STATE BANK OF INDIA, INDIA'S LARGEST BANK AND WORLD'S 45TH LARGEST BANK AND THE ONLY FORTUNE GLOBAL 500 COMPANY IN INDIA RANKED AT 216. QUALIFIED INDIA'S 3RD TOUGHEST EXAM AFTER UPSC AND CAT I.E SBI PROBATIONARY OFFICER EXAM WHERE MORE THAN 50 LAKH PEOPLE APPEARED FOR THE EXAM AND MERELY 600 CANDIDATES COULD MAKE IT INTO FINAL LIST. CURRENTLY I AM WORKING AS AN ASSISTANT MANAGER NATURE OF JOB( MANAGERIAL,CONTROLLER ,SUPERVISORY AND GENERAL MANAGEMENT OF DAY TO DAY WORKING OF SBI BRANCH HEADING A TEAM OF 5 STAFF IN BRANCH AND DEPUTED AS A BRANCH MANAGER)
**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
My Gmat score is 740

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2019, 07:23
ACADEMICS:
STD X (ICSE BOARD)-74%
STD XII(MATH SCIENCE-STATE BOARD)-60%
Two year break in studies as father got paralyzed and mummy is a psychiatric patient suffering from Schizophrenia
Engineering- ANNAMALAI UNIVERSITY CHENNAI (TAMIL NADU GOVT. OWNED COLLEGE.
1ST-EMPLOYER- JOINED BPO INDUSTRY WORKING FOR WIPRO FOR 6 MONTHS (NATURE OF JOB: TELE-CALLER : RESOLUTION OF ISSUE OF TELECOM SERVICE FOR UK PEOPLE)
2ND EMPLOYER- MAHENDRA EDUCATION PRIVATE LIMITED( ASSISTANT MANAGER: NATURE OF JOB:TEACHING AND DEVELOPMENT OF CONTENT OF QUANT SECTION FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION) I WAS ADJUDGED BEST MATHS FACULTY PAN INDIA ACROSS 120 BRANCHES IN YEAR 2015
3RD EMPLOYER- BANK OF INDIA (PUBLIC SECTOR UNDERTAKING 4TH LARGEST BANK IN INDIA,DESIGNATION:CLERK(NATURE OF JOB: CLERICAL AND FINANCE WORK)
4TH EMPLOYER-BANK OF INDIA (PUBLIC SECTOR UNDERTAKING 4TH LARGEST BANK IN INDIA,DESIGNATION:ASSISTANT MANAGER(NATURE OF JOB: MANAGERIAL ,CONTROL AND SUPERVISORY ROLE) CLEARED ALL INDIA COMPETITIVE EXAMS CONDUCTED BY IBPS(WHERE MORE THAN 30 LAKH STUDENTS HAD APPLIED TO GET SHORTLISTED AMONG 6000 SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES.
5TH EMPLOYER INDIAN RAILWAYS: QUALIFED NTPC EXAM 2015 WHERE MORE THAN 1.25 CRORE PEOPLE APPEARED FOR THE EXAM AND ONLY 5000 ODD COULD QUALIFY TO JOIN THE SERVICE(HOWEVER DID NOT JOIN THE SERVICE BECAUSE OF BETTER JOB OPPORTUNITY)
6TH EMPLOYER(CURRENTLY WORKING WITH) STATE BANK OF INDIA, INDIA'S LARGEST BANK AND WORLD'S 45TH LARGEST BANK AND THE ONLY FORTUNE GLOBAL 500 COMPANY IN INDIA RANKED AT 216. QUALIFIED INDIA'S 3RD TOUGHEST EXAM AFTER UPSC AND CAT I.E SBI PROBATIONARY OFFICER EXAM WHERE MORE THAN 50 LAKH PEOPLE APPEARED FOR THE EXAM AND MERELY 600 CANDIDATES COULD MAKE IT INTO FINAL LIST. CURRENTLY I AM WORKING AS AN ASSISTANT MANAGER NATURE OF JOB( MANAGERIAL,CONTROLLER ,SUPERVISORY AND GENERAL MANAGEMENT OF DAY TO DAY WORKING OF SBI BRANCH HEADING A TEAM OF 5 STAFF IN BRANCH AND DEPUTED AS A BRANCH MANAGER)
**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
My Gmat score is 740

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2019, 05:46
26, male, Indian Sikh.
Business economics graduate from Delhi University (first division). I've derived that my GPA is 3.7 (kindly correct if wrong)
GMAT: 740 (Q51, V39, IR8, AWA6)
Work experience:
Full time 2.5 years, freelance 1.5 years.

I freelanced with a production studio as a cinematographer and a video editor for 6 months. They hired me full-time and promoted me to the post of senior producer because I was good at dealing with clients. This lasted for 6 months too.
Then I left for Mumbai to assist in ads and films to learn more. I was freelancing as well. I was the assistant cinematographer in Kapil Sharma's "Firangi". Was part of many short films as well.

Then I joined my family business of medicine exports. It involved handling purchase and negotiating rates and payment terms. Soon I started travelling to Imphal to manage a pharmacy as it's conflict struck area and hiring someone local was tough.
Additionally, I became a mutual fund distributor in Jan last year. I have a sizeable AUM under me. I am also a stock trader. I still freelance as a cinematographer.

In college I used to make short films on social causes. I'd write, shoot, direct and edit myself. The topics ranged from communal differences, eve teasing to organ donation. I screened the organ donation movie in my college and about 50 viewers pledged their organs after the screening.
I also won numerous awards in -
Street theatre
Best photographer
Best cinematography
Best short film (director)

I wish to get into financial consulting post MBA.

What is the deal breaker here? I've been told that my work ex won't count since I've mostly worked for myself or my family (albeit full time).

GMAT Club Bot
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!   [#permalink] 23 Apr 2019, 05:46

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18    Next  [ 360 posts ] 

KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gnpth, DigitsnLetters, hanamana