GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Jan 2019, 16:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in January
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
303112345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
272829303112
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Leadership in Admissions

     January 23, 2019

     January 23, 2019

     10:00 PM PST

     11:00 PM PST

    Learn how to portray yourself as a leader in your MBA applications when you download this free guide!
  • No Stone Unturned: Your 2019/2020 MBA Application Starts Now!

     January 24, 2019

     January 24, 2019

     09:00 PM EST

     10:00 PM EST

    Planning to apply to business school in 2019 or 2020? It is not too early to start planning! By taking action now, you can dramatically improve your chances of gaining admission to a top MBA program.

KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Feb 2014
Posts: 6
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2018, 13:04
Background and nationality: USA, White Male,
Undergrad Information: State University Top 100, Finance & Entrepreneurship Double Major. Entrepreneurship program ranked Top 10 and I received distinguished awards and grant money to pursue a venture from the program. GPA is 3.45
GMAT: 730 | Q 48
Work experience and leadership: 5 years of work experience; Had a startup for a year that had a modest exit. Then I worked for two startups in B2B Software Sales. One was headquartered in Tel Aviv so I have that international experience plus I'm fluent in Hebrew. For the last year, I have been working in Channel Sales for a Fortune 500 tech company where I train and present to our channel partners.
Community and others: I lead corporate volunteer efforts for my company's regional office
Post MBA goals: Big 3 Consulting
Anything else?

Thanks so much for the review! Happy to provide more background if it will help.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 22 Jul 2017
Posts: 11
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2018, 17:49
Profile Evalutation for Kellogg MMM

Demographics: Indian Female (25 y/o)
Undergrad GPA: >3.7
Undergrad school/major: National Institute of Technology
Graduate school/major: National Institute of Technology (I did a five-year integrated course (B.Tech +M.Tech))
GMAT Score: 730
Total experience: 2.5 years. (38 months by matriculation)
Work experience: I am currently a lead developer in Dell India. My team specializes in big data analytics. I have worked with various analytics projects with various teams within Dell. I have been promoted twice in 2.5 years. I have five direct reports and 18 indirect reports. I also provide Data analysis using Python and R and Data visualization training to Dell employees.

Extra curricular: I have worked with Rotary International for 5 years (My main focus has been on education and women empowerment).I worked for the education of underprivileged children. I have been a part of Microsoft campus club for 5 years. I also, sponsor a kid's education. I am an advisor to a Toastmaster club. I am also a yoga instructor and a yoga blogger. I have played badminton till KVS National Level and have been a state level marathon runner.

Goal of MBA: My target is Kellogg because I'd like to continue my career in big data and analytics. Kellogg's curriculum will help me in my career advancement. Post-MBA, I'd like to work as a business analyst in a leading tech firm with a goal of helping organizations make data-driven business decisions.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 22 Jul 2017
Posts: 11
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 06:36
SiaAdmissions Could you please evaluate my profile?




MRaut wrote:
Profile Evalutation for Kellogg MMM

Demographics: Indian Female (25 y/o)
Undergrad GPA: >3.7
Undergrad school/major: National Institute of Technology
Graduate school/major: National Institute of Technology (I did a five-year integrated course (B.Tech +M.Tech))
GMAT Score: 730
Total experience: 2.5 years. (38 months by matriculation)
Work experience: I am currently a lead developer in Dell India. My team specializes in big data analytics. I have worked with various analytics projects with various teams within Dell. I have been promoted twice in 2.5 years. I have five direct reports and 18 indirect reports. I also provide Data analysis using Python and R and Data visualization training to Dell employees.

Extra curricular: I have worked with Rotary International for 5 years (My main focus has been on education and women empowerment).I worked for the education of underprivileged children. I have been a part of Microsoft campus club for 5 years. I also, sponsor a kid's education. I am an advisor to a Toastmaster club. I am also a yoga instructor and a yoga blogger. I have played badminton till KVS National Level and have been a state level marathon runner.

Goal of MBA: My target is Kellogg because I'd like to continue my career in big data and analytics. Kellogg's curriculum will help me in my career advancement. Post-MBA, I'd like to work as a business analyst in a leading tech firm with a goal of helping organizations make data-driven business decisions.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Mar 2017
Posts: 9
Location: India
Schools: ISB '20
CAT Tests
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2019, 09:41
Hi guys,

It will be great if someone can evaluate my profile and let me know what GMAT score should I target to bag a call.

Nationality:Indian

10th(CBSE)- 83%
12th(CBSE)- 78%
Computer Science Engineering(B.Tech)- 69%
Completed Business Leadership Programme with a top Indian Bank(MBA banking and finance)- CGPA of 7.0 (an elite programme with the bank)

Work Experience Total - 6.5 years+
1. IT- Systems Engineer- 3 years

Here I worked in Core JAVA projects.

2. Banking-
a. 2016-2018(Commercial Banking): Worked as Account Manager for Big corporates. My client base included many SME clients. Also I led many New Client Acquisitions for my unit.
b. 2018-present:I am working in Operational risk profile as a Risk analyst with various groups mapped under me for Risk evaluation. Also I played a Key role in driving a software induction for my group within the Bank.

Achievements:Acknowleded for Highest Advance Tax collection across my zone.
Co-curricular- Plenty and plenty of award for various events,Debates,dramatics,including University level award and State level beauty pageant(won subtitle :)),
Volunteering: Worked as Placements officer with Make a Difference(NGO)

Age:30 (I will be 31 by the time I apply for 2019-20)- Just to add, I am a proud mom of 19 month old baby.

Thanks in advance! :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
S
Joined: 30 Apr 2018
Posts: 33
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Premium Member
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2019, 10:05
Hi All,
Would appreciate a profile evaluation. Targeting R1 next year.

Background and nationality: Indian Female

Undergrad Information: B.Tech - ECE. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University(MSIT). CGPA: 8.9(one of the toppers of my stream)

GMAT: 760

Work experience and leadership : 4.5 years at present in a techno-functional role. Working as a Senior Software Engineer in Infosys Ltd serving domestic and international banks. Have worked with private, public sector and international banks, all at client site. Currently heading all clients in Africa and Sri Lanka region (about 2 years of international work ex). Regarded as a domain expert and have worked as a team lead in multiple project implementations.

Awards: Top Performer in the Entry Level Training, Most Promising Joinee Award, Listed as Infosys Pride Factor, Awarded by multiple clients for contribution to the project.
Was the head of Self-Governance Team in Infosys for a year.

Community and others : Associated with Leaders for Tomorrow and part of their project – Igniting Young Minds to provide life skills to the disadvantaged; Member of Help Age India in higher secondary for care of disadvantaged elderly.
Recently Joined Toastmasters. Awarded as Best Table Topic Speaker in the guest meeting. Event Head of Technical Fest in college ensuring a footfall of more than 2500 people in the event. Member of the organization committee of Infosys Finacle Fever’15.

Post MBA goals: Investment Banking, Consulting.

Thank you for your help.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 23 Nov 2016
Posts: 161
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2019, 08:53
aroraishita02 wrote:
Hi All,
Would appreciate a profile evaluation. Targeting R1 next year.

Background and nationality: Indian Female

Undergrad Information: B.Tech - ECE. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University(MSIT). CGPA: 8.9(one of the toppers of my stream)

GMAT: 760

Work experience and leadership : 4.5 years at present in a techno-functional role. Working as a Senior Software Engineer in Infosys Ltd serving domestic and international banks. Have worked with private, public sector and international banks, all at client site. Currently heading all clients in Africa and Sri Lanka region (about 2 years of international work ex). Regarded as a domain expert and have worked as a team lead in multiple project implementations.

Awards: Top Performer in the Entry Level Training, Most Promising Joinee Award, Listed as Infosys Pride Factor, Awarded by multiple clients for contribution to the project.
Was the head of Self-Governance Team in Infosys for a year.

Community and others : Associated with Leaders for Tomorrow and part of their project – Igniting Young Minds to provide life skills to the disadvantaged; Member of Help Age India in higher secondary for care of disadvantaged elderly.
Recently Joined Toastmasters. Awarded as Best Table Topic Speaker in the guest meeting. Event Head of Technical Fest in college ensuring a footfall of more than 2500 people in the event. Member of the organization committee of Infosys Finacle Fever’15.

Post MBA goals: Investment Banking, Consulting.

Thank you for your help.


Here's my take -

1) Basic stats look good. GMAT & GPA are stellar. Undergrad college brand is not the best but should be fine.
2) Work-ex looks decent even though its regular "IT" and not a blue-chip brand.
3) Extra-curric is fine as well. Keep building on it in the coming year.. maybe do some for "volunteering"

Biggest things that will decide if you make it or not -

1) Career Goals - will be most important. The fact that you wrote both Investment Banking and Consulting shows me you are new to this. You will have to be very specific and clear on what you want to do.. and why?
2) Personal Narrative / Career Narrative - how does your goal fit in your overall personal / career story, and why you want to go down that path
3) Leadership evidence - show examples of leadership in your essays through fantastic stories related to work experience.

I think your profile has great potential and can make it if application execution is excellent.
Good luck!
_________________

.
.
.
.
.
GMAT Debrief - 770
bb's "The Definitive GMAT Study Plan" - 2016 Edition
Must read forum topics before you start your MBA application

Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 11 Feb 2018
Posts: 211
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2019, 09:51
Hi everybody,

Could you please tell me if i am good to go for kellogs

Indian male,IIT passout,6.5 yrs workex,GMAT 750(giving again.planning to pull it to 770-780)

Undergrad : Chemical engineering(GPA = 7.17).Class rank = 50(expecting some IIT discount on this front).

Work : Oil and gas field work.Drilling fluid incharge on various off shore drilling rig sites.14 days on/off work pattern.

Extra curriculars : Corporate social responsibilty participant of my company asset(involved majorly in the upliftment of rural areas nearby).Teacher at an NGO to children.Regular quizzer right from school time.A few others.

After MBA : continue in my field of oil & gas(probably as a rig or area incharge).Grow gradualy but would like to stick on to my field.Basically not willing to waste my undergrad and workex.

Thanks in advance...

Posted from my mobile device
Experts' Global Representative
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Apr 2017
Posts: 84
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2019, 02:25
redskull1 wrote:
Hi everybody,

Could you please tell me if i am good to go for kellogs

Indian male,IIT passout,6.5 yrs workex,GMAT 750(giving again.planning to pull it to 770-780)

Undergrad : Chemical engineering(GPA = 7.17).Class rank = 50(expecting some IIT discount on this front).

Work : Oil and gas field work.Drilling fluid incharge on various off shore drilling rig sites.14 days on/off work pattern.

Extra curriculars : Corporate social responsibilty participant of my company asset(involved majorly in the upliftment of rural areas nearby).Teacher at an NGO to children.Regular quizzer right from school time.A few others.

After MBA : continue in my field of oil & gas(probably as a rig or area incharge).Grow gradualy but would like to stick on to my field.Basically not willing to waste my undergrad and workex.

Thanks in advance...

Posted from my mobile device


Hi redskull1,

While your GMAT is in good shape (a retake, of course, will help), you have not shared details pertaining to career growth and achievements.

Your chances will also depend on the essays you put forth; ensure that the essays are truly representative of your strengths and tie up your career goals in a logical manner.

Should you feel the need for a detailed discussion, please feel free to reach out to us.

All the best! :-)
_________________

Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

GMAT Club Bot
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here! &nbs [#permalink] 14 Jan 2019, 02:25

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   [ 328 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gnpth, DigitsnLetters, hanamana



Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.