GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Oct 2019, 19:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
SVP
SVP
D
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2019, 00:51
Taranveersingh93 wrote:
26, male, Indian Sikh.
Business economics graduate from Delhi University (first division). I've derived that my GPA is 3.7 (kindly correct if wrong)
GMAT: 740 (Q51, V39, IR8, AWA6)
Work experience:
Full time 2.5 years, freelance 1.5 years.

I freelanced with a production studio as a cinematographer and a video editor for 6 months. They hired me full-time and promoted me to the post of senior producer because I was good at dealing with clients. This lasted for 6 months too.
Then I left for Mumbai to assist in ads and films to learn more. I was freelancing as well. I was the assistant cinematographer in Kapil Sharma's "Firangi". Was part of many short films as well.

Then I joined my family business of medicine exports. It involved handling purchase and negotiating rates and payment terms. Soon I started travelling to Imphal to manage a pharmacy as it's conflict struck area and hiring someone local was tough.
Additionally, I became a mutual fund distributor in Jan last year. I have a sizeable AUM under me. I am also a stock trader. I still freelance as a cinematographer.

In college I used to make short films on social causes. I'd write, shoot, direct and edit myself. The topics ranged from communal differences, eve teasing to organ donation. I screened the organ donation movie in my college and about 50 viewers pledged their organs after the screening.
I also won numerous awards in -
Street theatre
Best photographer
Best cinematography
Best short film (director)

I wish to get into financial consulting post MBA.

What is the deal breaker here? I've been told that my work ex won't count since I've mostly worked for myself or my family (albeit full time).

Posted from my mobile device

Hi Taranveer,

First of all, b-schools don't ask you to convert your percentage to a grade point, so dont do that during your application, unless the b-schools ask you specifically.

What I see as a potential challenge in your candidacy is your work experience. Contrary to what you have been told, your experience will count if its full time, paid work experience. However what concerns me is that you haven't followed any clear cut path. You were into cinema and production, then joined a pharma business and on the side you are doing mutual funds. There are no connecting dots in these three experiences. Moreover, an MBA is done with a specific career purpose in mind. You will need to state career goals for almost every program that you apply to. Given your different professions so far, what goals will you state? And how will you support them with a reasonable story?

Suggest you to introspect the above points- anyways you would have to do it for the applications. Also ask your self why you need the MBA.

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Totally Invested In Your Success. Therefore, unlimited essay guidance and unlimited communication with you.
SVP
SVP
D
KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2019, 01:03
punitsrivastavambm wrote:
GMAT - 760
Education-
MBM Government Engineering College, Jodhpur, India
Bachelor of Engineering, Mechanical (69%) June 2011
• President – Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Collegiate club
• Captain & Chief Designer – First ever BAJA team of college (led a team of 10 members, designed and built an All-Terrain Vehicle in just $ 2400, awarded best innovation for steering design)
Work experience -
Currently working as Deputy Manager (Excavation) in Coal India Ltd., world’s largest coal producer company and one of the MahaRatna Public Sector Companies of India
Deputy Manager Jan 2017 – till date
(Research & Development Cell) NCL Headquarter

X
X
X

Social service-
a. Volunteered in many CSR projects such as – a. Clean India project wherein I supervised construction of 25 public toilets in the tribal villages of India and educated local residents against open defecation. b.
b. Organized musical concerts as well as lead the band “Uththan”, organized fund-raising events to financially help the local NGOs and needy people (such as flood victims, earthquake, and local destitute).

post MBA i want to get into supply chain management (with data analytics as electives) with firms such as IBM, Walmart, Amazon

Hi Punit,

You've got a pretty good profile for the top 10-30 MBA programs in the US. A few things I will point below:
1. I guess you have copy pasted your resume. Your resume for the applications will need to change though, with focus on achievements and impact
2. this will help you to differentiate your experience from other applicants with similar profiles.

you career goals look fine to me. Needless to say, you will have to explain why you need an MBA to achieve these.

Nothing else comes to my mind on seeing the post above, but i'd be happy to answer more specific questions that you may have.

Totally Invested In Your Success. Therefore, unlimited essay guidance and unlimited communication with you.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V51
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 May 2019, 15:48
Male 28 White European

Education
GMAT 780
Undergrad GPA: Top national European university, usually ranked in the top 100 globally. I am not sure about converting my GPA but it wasn't great maybe around 3.3ish. I hope that my story will be good for having a poor GPA, I was young and convinced myself that I was going to play professional rugby, since then I had high GPA in my masters and I also have high GMAT as well as getting my CFA first time for all the exams.
Masters : Masters in Finance at a top 20 US B-school GPA 3.8
CFA certified

Work Exp
4 years is working in FP&A for an F100 company all other members of my team are MBA's from top20ish programs (Ross, Booth, McCombs, Mendoza etc).
Internships with boutique private equity firm and General Electric

Extra Curricular
Played collegiate level rugby
Involved in coaching youth and women's sports. Head coach of High School cricket team
Still play sport and do crossfit
Founded an arbitrage betting partnership in college that turned an original 1k investement into 100k in two years (This one I am unsure about, it is a good story about talking about exploiting market inefficiencies but also was based creating arbitrage opportunities in gambling markets which could be frowned upon in the US)
I have some history with charity work with children with intellectual disabilities but this has lagged since I moved to the US although I have been involved with the company charity efforts. Probably the thing that I should work on the most before I apply.

Post MBA Goals
I want to work at MBB. I know that this is considered cliched and I will work on phrasing it better but that is my genuine goal. Given my current job would be considered a future leadership role in a very large and recognized company I would probably only leave for M7 and I fell that I am probably right on the edge as a candidate for M7.

Also I feel like I naturally interview strongly, I have always been quite social and have been told that I come across very personable in my interviews but obviously this is very dependent on the day and how you get along with the interviewer.

I appreciate any feedback you can give me.
Kellogg School Moderator
B
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 May 2019, 16:33
Marger wrote:
Male 28 White European

Education
GMAT 780
Undergrad GPA: Top national European university, usually ranked in the top 100 globally. I am not sure about converting my GPA but it wasn't great maybe around 3.3ish. I hope that my story will be good for having a poor GPA, I was young and convinced myself that I was going to play professional rugby, since then I had high GPA in my masters and I also have high GMAT as well as getting my CFA first time for all the exams.
Masters : Masters in Finance at a top 20 US B-school GPA 3.8
CFA certified

Work Exp
4 years is working in FP&A for an F100 company all other members of my team are MBA's from top20ish programs (Ross, Booth, McCombs, Mendoza etc).
Internships with boutique private equity firm and General Electric

Extra Curricular
Played collegiate level rugby
Involved in coaching youth and women's sports. Head coach of High School cricket team
Still play sport and do crossfit
Founded an arbitrage betting partnership in college that turned an original 1k investement into 100k in two years (This one I am unsure about, it is a good story about talking about exploiting market inefficiencies but also was based creating arbitrage opportunities in gambling markets which could be frowned upon in the US)
I have some history with charity work with children with intellectual disabilities but this has lagged since I moved to the US although I have been involved with the company charity efforts. Probably the thing that I should work on the most before I apply.

Post MBA Goals
I want to work at MBB. I know that this is considered cliched and I will work on phrasing it better but that is my genuine goal. Given my current job would be considered a future leadership role in a very large and recognized company I would probably only leave for M7 and I fell that I am probably right on the edge as a candidate for M7.

Also I feel like I naturally interview strongly, I have always been quite social and have been told that I come across very personable in my interviews but obviously this is very dependent on the day and how you get along with the interviewer.

I appreciate any feedback you can give me.

I’ve been told my profile is “competitive” for Kellogg and your profile is easily a step or two above mine. I’d say if you do your essays and interviews well, you’ll have a very good shot of getting in just about anywhere. Good luck!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2019, 02:03
Hi Experts!

I'd like to kindly request you for your feedback on my profile. Here goes.

Background:
Indian Male
Age 27
GMAT 720
Industry: Consulting (Front end consulting role in one of the largest HR Consulting organizations in the world, typically held by Tier-1 MBA professionals)

Education:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from IIT Delhi (CGPA – 7.0)

Work Experience: Total 4+ years (in india)
Worked for over 2 years in a social sector consulting startup and 1 year in an election campaign strategy firm (a SuperPAC). Working in the strategic HR consulting for last 1 year.

Extra curriculars – Won international competitions and worked on two international projects in Europe. Worked as Coordinator in various campus festivals and a student association club.

Post MBA Goal – Work in MBB strategy consulting firms

Sia Admissions Representative
G
Affiliations: NYU, Yale

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2019, 08:53
Hi Sid5050,

Thank you for your post, and for sharing your profile. A few macro-notes on your profile:

Academics: You have graduated from a top Indian university, which is great, and your academics are good. From the GMAT perspective, Kellogg boasts a 732 average GMAT. Because of your demographic, I recommend you retake the GMAT to attempt an increased score (add 20+ points to the overall GMAT). You did not share your quant score in the message, but a strong Quant will aid in the academic component of your application. That said, be mindful of your timelines (which round you choose to apply) and do not compromise a quality application for the sake of an increased GMAT score. If you can only do one or the other, I recommend keep the score as is and focus your attention on submitting a stellar application.

Professional experience: As to your professional experiences, I like that you are working for a globally recognized HR consulting firm. An area you want to be mindful about is the frequency of job changes (3 jobs in 4 years) and the sector changes. I recommend you make the connections for the Adcom and showcase how your various roles have contributed to your professional development and prepared you for your future career.

Community Engagement/ECs: The timeline of your European competition is unclear. Did it occur at any of your previous jobs or during university? I require more information on this component to provide useful feedback.

The MBA application journey requires introspection and Kellogg's changes to the qualitative component of the application demand that applicants convey more of who they are, both as individuals and as leaders.

I am happy to learn more about your profile and evaluate how we can help with your MBA application(s). When ready, please reach out.

Good luck!

Sid5050 wrote:
Hi Experts!

I'd like to kindly request you for your feedback on my profile. Here goes.

Background:
Indian Male
Age 27
GMAT 720
Industry: Consulting (Front end consulting role in one of the largest HR Consulting organizations in the world, typically held by Tier-1 MBA professionals)

Education:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from IIT Delhi (CGPA – 7.0)

Work Experience: Total 4+ years (in india)
Worked for over 2 years in a social sector consulting startup and 1 year in an election campaign strategy firm (a SuperPAC). Working in the strategic HR consulting for last 1 year.

Extra curriculars – Won international competitions and worked on two international projects in Europe. Worked as Coordinator in various campus festivals and a student association club.

Post MBA Goal – Work in MBB strategy consulting firms

+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Contact us for a complimentary profile evaluation
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.4
KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2019, 09:12
Hi Experts,

I'd request you to give feedback on my profile.

Male, 26, Indian

Education
GMAT 750 (Q50 V41 IR7 AWA5)
Undergrad: Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (N.S.I.T.) in Manufacturing Process and Automation Engineering (7.6 GPA)
12th: 79%
10th: 91%

Work Exp : 3 years currently
Started my career in 2016 with strongly growing US based Analytics and Consulting firm, worked as an Associate for 2.5 years in a variety of different projects in Analytics and Consulting. Awarded twice for best performance in a quarter and a best team award for best team in a year. Learned skills of data analytics and machine learning. Handled client calls regularly by myself. Instrumental in winning bids worth $2M for the firm. Got promoted once in first year. I was also the youngest trainer in the company for teaching new joiners (received best trainer rating, got recognition at company level)
Wanted a job where i could leverage the analytics skills with execution skills acquired in college (by working in Uber and Red Bull) and my keen interest in technology. Hence moved to Product Manager profile in one of the largest OTA (Online Travel Aggregator) in India. Have been working there for last 7 months.

Extra Curricular
Worked for Red Bull in my college days for 2.5 years as a Student Brand Manager (SBM). I learned consumer behavior, ground level sales and operations. Awarded best SBM for 3 consecutive quarters
Helped setup a similar Student Brand Manager program for UBER India. Helped set up a team of 50 Students in different college across Delhi
Head of Event Management in largest annual technical fest of my college
Did a startup for 6 months in college, couldn't take off though
Played badminton since school, played state level.
Played badminton in college and won multiple tournaments in college and one in Axtria

Social Work:
Part of core organizing CSR team for 2.5 years and organised events for underprivileged kids every weekend. Also helped to educate them.

Post MBA Goals
Post MBA I want to work as a Product Manager in a global tech giant like Amazon, Tesla, Google. That's the reason for pursuing MBA as well, to get a global platform and be where all the action is going on. In long term i want to open a tech firm of my own.

Also I feel i have a drawback in terms of international exposure. But i have traveled over 20 state in India and 6 countries abroad.

Other school I plan to apply in: Wharton, Sloan, Booth, Berkeley, Columbia

I would really appreciate if you can give me any feedback.
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V36
GPA: 4
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2019, 12:46
Hi All,

About my Profile-
Male, 30, India
Engineer- Background in Chemical/Process Engineering (IIT)
Degree- BTech + MTech
GMAT- 49/40 (720), Toefl (104)
GPA- 4
Professional Background- Working with an FMCG Conglomerate. (CPG)
Work Experience- Will have 7 years of work experience before joining

Work Description- Operations Manager. Worked in Manufacturing for almost 6 years. Taken up various profiles. Currently working as Factory Manager at one of the largest foods manufacturing plants in India. Have decent exposure in leadership, project management, process excellence, new product development, skill development, etc. Have worked in contract and own manufacturing setups. Decent exposure in facets of supply chain: procurement, planning, distribution, etc.

LT Goals- Entrepreneurship, Operations Consulting, Own Firm

@Social- Been associated with multiple crowd funding startups, active donor, Been associated with several other NGOs (For Blind and For Girl Child)
@College- Been a Gold Medalist, Multiple Awards in Sports, Been an All Rounder throughout my college tenure, Multiple college representation at national platforms
@Organization (Work)- Led multiple award winning endeavours, led multiple change management initiatives, led multiple government liaising to drive skill development and recognition
G

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2019, 12:23
Hi Akshit24,

Thank you for your post and for sharing your profile. Overall, your profile is strong. That said, you are targetting highly selective top-b-schools, and have the added hurdle of belonging to an overrepresented body of applicants. Your application will require a strategic approach and purposeful language to showcase your strengths and your values to each of the target programs. Also, you want to clearly convey how you see each program help you in your professional pursuits (going deeper than "your excellent reputation"). A few notes on each section:

Academics: Congratulations on a 750 GMAT score! Overall your academics are strong and competitive.

Professional Experience: Your professional experience, you have interesting skills in the analytics side as well as the product development side. I like that you have received numerous recognitions for being a valued member of the organization. Being that you recently changed jobs to Product Manager, you will need to convey to the admission committee why an MBA makes sense at this time.

Community Engagement/ECs: I like the involvement in your community, both during college and post graduation.

I would love to learn more about your profile and see how we can help you present your best profile to your target b-schools. When ready, please reach out for a complimentary consultation.

Akshit24 wrote:
Hi Experts,

I'd request you to give feedback on my profile.

Male, 26, Indian

Education
GMAT 750 (Q50 V41 IR7 AWA5)
Undergrad: Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (N.S.I.T.) in Manufacturing Process and Automation Engineering (7.6 GPA)
12th: 79%
10th: 91%

Work Exp : 3 years currently
Started my career in 2016 with strongly growing US based Analytics and Consulting firm, worked as an Associate for 2.5 years in a variety of different projects in Analytics and Consulting. Awarded twice for best performance in a quarter and a best team award for best team in a year. Learned skills of data analytics and machine learning. Handled client calls regularly by myself. Instrumental in winning bids worth $2M for the firm. Got promoted once in first year. I was also the youngest trainer in the company for teaching new joiners (received best trainer rating, got recognition at company level)
Wanted a job where i could leverage the analytics skills with execution skills acquired in college (by working in Uber and Red Bull) and my keen interest in technology. Hence moved to Product Manager profile in one of the largest OTA (Online Travel Aggregator) in India. Have been working there for last 7 months.

Extra Curricular
Worked for Red Bull in my college days for 2.5 years as a Student Brand Manager (SBM). I learned consumer behavior, ground level sales and operations. Awarded best SBM for 3 consecutive quarters
Helped setup a similar Student Brand Manager program for UBER India. Helped set up a team of 50 Students in different college across Delhi
Head of Event Management in largest annual technical fest of my college
Did a startup for 6 months in college, couldn't take off though
Played badminton since school, played state level.
Played badminton in college and won multiple tournaments in college and one in Axtria

Social Work:
Part of core organizing CSR team for 2.5 years and organised events for underprivileged kids every weekend. Also helped to educate them.

Post MBA Goals
Post MBA I want to work as a Product Manager in a global tech giant like Amazon, Tesla, Google. That's the reason for pursuing MBA as well, to get a global platform and be where all the action is going on. In long term i want to open a tech firm of my own.

Also I feel i have a drawback in terms of international exposure. But i have traveled over 20 state in India and 6 countries abroad.

Other school I plan to apply in: Wharton, Sloan, Booth, Berkeley, Columbia

I would really appreciate if you can give me any feedback.

+1 (646) 690 - 9996

G

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2019, 09:24
Hi abhi2707,

Thank you for sharing your profile. What are your short-term goals? Why do you require an MBA at this point in your career? I am not sure the answers to these questions are made clear in your post. Also, what are some of the other schools you are targetting?

Academics: You have strong academics (undergraduate), which is great. You also have a good GMAT score and excellent TOEFL. This component of your application is strong.

Professional Experience: Your professional experience will bring a wealth of knowledge to the cohort, so it's important that you convey your contributions and your leadership. Are the various roles you mention in the description due to promotions, or are lateral moves, or a combination of the two? I find it also interesting that you separate your work and your initiatives at work as two separate things, which I guess they are, but I see them as related - i would like to talk about that. Showcasing leadership experience in your MBA application is key, and I would like to learn how you intend to demonstrate that in the qualitative component of your applications. Because you belong to the overrepresented body of applicants, your profile must qualitatively stand out.

Community Engagement/ECs: We would need to break down your involvement, especially post undergraduate. But overall, these are good as well.

I would love to learn more about your story and see how we can help you make the most out of your MBA application cycle. When you are ready, please reach out.

Good luck!

abhi2707 wrote:
Hi All,

About my Profile-
Male, 30, India
Degree- BTech + MTech
GPA- 4

Work Description- Operations Manager. Worked in Manufacturing for almost 6 years. Taken up various profiles. Currently working as Factory Manager at one of the largest foods manufacturing plants in India. Have decent exposure in leadership, project management, process excellence, new product development, skill development, etc. Have worked in contract and own manufacturing setups. Decent exposure in facets of supply chain: procurement, planning, distribution, etc.

@Social- Been associated with multiple crowd funding startups, active donor, Been associated with several other NGOs (For Blind and For Girl Child)
@College- Been a Gold Medalist, Multiple Awards in Sports, Been an All Rounder throughout my college tenure, Multiple college representation at national platforms
@Organization (Work)- Led multiple award winning endeavours, led multiple change management initiatives, led multiple government liaising to drive skill development and recognition

+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V36
GPA: 4
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2019, 13:42
SiaAdmissions wrote:
Hi abhi2707,

Thank you for sharing your profile. What are your short-term goals? Why do you require an MBA at this point in your career? I am not sure the answers to these questions are made clear in your post. Also, what are some of the other schools you are targetting?

Academics: You have strong academics (undergraduate), which is great. You also have a good GMAT score and excellent TOEFL. This component of your application is strong.

Professional Experience: Your professional experience will bring a wealth of knowledge to the cohort, so it's important that you convey your contributions and your leadership. Are the various roles you mention in the description due to promotions, or are lateral moves, or a combination of the two? I find it also interesting that you separate your work and your initiatives at work as two separate things, which I guess they are, but I see them as related - i would like to talk about that. Showcasing leadership experience in your MBA application is key, and I would like to learn how you intend to demonstrate that in the qualitative component of your applications. Because you belong to the overrepresented body of applicants, your profile must qualitatively stand out.

Community Engagement/ECs: We would need to break down your involvement, especially post undergraduate. But overall, these are good as well.

I would love to learn more about your story and see how we can help you make the most out of your MBA application cycle. When you are ready, please reach out.

Good luck!

abhi2707 wrote:
Hi All,

About my Profile-
Male, 30, India
Degree- BTech + MTech
GPA- 4

Thanks a lot SiaAdmissions .

ST/LT Goals: Post MBA, I am looking forward to gain some first hand experience in Supply Chain Operations (Procurement, Planning, and Distribution), Operations Scale Up/Down, Change Management, Regional Supply Chains, Top Line/Bottom Line impacting policies, etc.

Why MBA: Even though the growth opportunity is good, there is stagnation. As a matter of fact, I have had 2 promotions over a span of 6 years and am among the fastest growing managers in the Organization. I am looking forward to a fast paced business exposure, across width and depth in the multiple business verticals.

Schools: HBS, Kellogg, Ross, MIT, Haas

I am working on my GMAT also (Target >= 750)

Looking forward to your views.

Thanks a lot!!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2019, 21:40
Hi All,

About my Profile-
Male, 25, India
Engineer- Background in Information Technology (NIT Karnataka - Considered about top tier NIT and ranked among top 10-15 in India)
Degree- BTech
GMAT- 50/38 (730), Toefl (102)
CGPA - 7.99/10

Professional Background-
Work Experience- 4 years - All international diverse experience. 2 years in Singapore, 2 years in Japan. Highest salary placement in my college.
Work Description- Working for the biggest Japanese ERP company as Team leader. Leading a team of 6 members from Indonesia, China, India and Japan. Involved in hiring and training Japanese members for programming.

Extra Curriculars-
Chief Technical Position at an active NGO in India.
Organized TED-style talks in my college inviting TedX Netherlands speaker and many others by myself.
Placement coordinator during my college for many Fortune 500 companies.

Post MBA Goals-
Consulting

More about me-
Applied in last rounds (R3-R4) of 2019 intakes and got admits from CEIBS, IE, USC Marshall for 2019 intake.
Looking to apply at R1 for T15 colleges this time.

Thank you so much.
G

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2019, 10:34
Hi abhi2707,

Thank you for your response. I like your short and long term goals and that you've received multiple promotions; be ready to talk about those (where appropriate) in the application.

When are you scheduled to retake the GMAT?

You have a solid target list. That said, I would expand the list to include schools from top 15-20 to ensure that you get admitted this time around (an MBA after 30 becomes trickier); remember that each of the schools you are targetting is a bit different, and will require you share your message through the various lenses. Keep that in mind as you move forward and prepare.

Good luck with your GMAT, and reach out if we can be of service.

abhi2707 wrote:
SiaAdmissions wrote:
Hi abhi2707,

Good luck!

abhi2707 wrote:
Hi All,

About my Profile-
Male, 30, India
Degree- BTech + MTech
GPA- 4

Thanks a lot SiaAdmissions .

ST/LT Goals: Post MBA, I am looking forward to gain some first hand experience in Supply Chain Operations (Procurement, Planning, and Distribution), Operations Scale Up/Down, Change Management, Regional Supply Chains, Top Line/Bottom Line impacting policies, etc.

Why MBA: Even though the growth opportunity is good, there is stagnation. As a matter of fact, I have had 2 promotions over a span of 6 years and am among the fastest growing managers in the Organization. I am looking forward to a fast paced business exposure, across width and depth in the multiple business verticals.

Schools: HBS, Kellogg, Ross, MIT, Haas

I am working on my GMAT also (Target >= 750)

Looking forward to your views.

Thanks a lot!!

+1 (646) 690 - 9996

G

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2019, 10:57
Hi shu2793,

Congratulations on being admitted to CEIBS, IE, USC Marshall!

Thank you for reaching out. A few comments on your profile below:

Academics: You have solid academics and standardized test scores, which will bode well in your application.

Professional development: I really like that you have a diverse exposure in Asia; I also like that you are leading a team of diverse backgrounds which adds value to your application. In the four years, have you received any promotions? Bear in mind that you are on the younger age bracket than average MBA class, so you want to show clear professional development and maturity.

Community Engagement/ECs: Your ECs are great! Are you currently working for the NGO in India or is that during college as well?

Professional Goals: Consulting is the most common job for new MBAs (popular). Since you are targetting R1 for Top 15 b-schools, I recommend you spend some time developing further your professional goals (if you haven't done so already). The strength of the application is often dependent on, not only one's story, but also a clarity of vision - seeing and making a connection between past, present, and future.

I am happy to discuss your profile further, and see how we can help you secure an admit to a top 15 program. When ready, please reach out.

Good luck!

shu2793 wrote:
Hi All,

About my Profile-
Male, 25, India
Engineer- Background in Information Technology (NIT Karnataka - Considered about top tier NIT and ranked among top 10-15 in India)
Degree- BTech
GMAT- 50/38 (730), Toefl (102)
CGPA - 7.99/10

Professional Background-
Work Experience- 4 years - All international diverse experience. 2 years in Singapore, 2 years in Japan. Highest salary placement in my college.
Work Description- Working for the biggest Japanese ERP company as Team leader. Leading a team of 6 members from Indonesia, China, India and Japan. Involved in hiring and training Japanese members for programming.

Extra Curriculars-
Chief Technical Position at an active NGO in India.
Organized TED-style talks in my college inviting TedX Netherlands speaker and many others by myself.
Placement coordinator during my college for many Fortune 500 companies.

Post MBA Goals-
Consulting

More about me-
Applied in last rounds (R3-R4) of 2019 intakes and got admits from CEIBS, IE, USC Marshall for 2019 intake.
Looking to apply at R1 for T15 colleges this time.

Thank you so much.

+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2019, 06:38
Hello Experts

I request your views and advice on my profile.

Background:
Indian Female, 28 yrs
Doctor (MBBS)
GMAT (yet-to-give) target 710

Education:
Bachelor in Medicine and Surgery

Work Experience: Total 5 years
Job 1 - Medical Officer (6m)
Job 2 - Medical Officer and Co-ordinator of medical unit (9m)
Job 3 - Founding member of healthcare startup. The start-up did not take off due to multiple operational reasons. (1y)
Job 4 - Program Manager of an international academic Masters program in Asia brought in collaboration with a UK university. Currently, the program has more than 70 surgeons representing 7 nationalities across Asia. Additionally was in-charge of operations at the NGO associated with the same organisation including fund-raising activities. Was the intern co-ordinator for international students coming to the NGO for summer internships.(1.5y)
Job 5 - Currently the founder of a social start-up for the elderly (1y)
Overall a slightly more intrapreneurial and entrepreneurial resume. The journey has come with its fair share of learning.

Extra curriculars - Teaching underprivileged students, part of an NGO
Post MBA Goal
Short term - to get into social impact sector either in foundations such as Bill & Mellinda Gates or social businesses or social impact consulting. I want to work with organisations across the world with deep community engagement. Heavy interest in relocation abroad to work at renowned social impact organisations with a focus on healthcare.
Long term - Drive my own social venture and get into social impact investment
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2019, 07:10
Hello,

Ethnicity:
Korean-American

Academics:
Top 10 U.S. University (not known for engineering)
Majored in Mechanical Engineering and Minored in Finance

GMAT:
740 (2nd attempt; thinking about retaking the GMAT again to achieve a score of 750+ due to my demographic)

Experience:
100% in the aerospace industry (internships)

Current Job:
Engineer at Fortune 100 Aerospace Engineering Firm

Intended Post-MBA Career:
Management consulting (MBB), using my experiences in the engineering industry (both small and large firms) to help clients with problems unique to the intersection of business and engineering.

Thanks in advance.
SVP
SVP
D

Show Tags

New post 13 Jun 2019, 05:14
SimbaJSK wrote:
Hello,

Ethnicity:
Korean-American

Academics:
Top 10 U.S. University (not known for engineering)
Majored in Mechanical Engineering and Minored in Finance

GMAT:
740 (2nd attempt; thinking about retaking the GMAT again to achieve a score of 750+ due to my demographic)

Experience:
100% in the aerospace industry (internships)

Current Job:
Engineer at Fortune 100 Aerospace Engineering Firm

Intended Post-MBA Career:
Management consulting (MBB), using my experiences in the engineering industry (both small and large firms) to help clients with problems unique to the intersection of business and engineering.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

Your GMAT at 740 sounds competitive to me. You can retake it given that this metric is going up at every top program, every 1-2 years. However, there are several other components in the MBA application which are equally important, and its a good idea to start working upon these from now. Here's a mention of the important evaluation criteria:
1. Solid work experience: your industry knowledge, impact on your organisation through your work matter. So does your career progression, advanced promotions and good recommendations. In essence, be proactive and do good, impactful work.
2. Leadership skills: even if you are not leading a team, thats ok. Be proactive and take initiatives to start new things and make old ones better.
3. Extra curricular activities- these enable you to develop your personality. Get involved in volunteering as that gives you a chance to go beyond yourself and impact other people's lives. Moreover, this is another area through which you can build your leadership skills.

Its difficult typing on my phone, but i'd be happy to share more tips with you. Should you be interested, you can always reach out.

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.7
WE: Law (Other)

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2019, 03:24
Nationality / Age - Indian, 27, F
Undergrad - Graduated with a law degree from one of India's top 10 national law schools: My 66% grades would place me in top-20 of my batch of 100.
GMAT - 710 (V40/Q49/ IR5/ AWA6)
Work Experience - Total 4 years PQE at this date, with 5 years completed by the time of the MBA start: (i) 2 years in a tier 1 law firm (top-6 law firms in India); and (ii) currently in India's #1 law firm from the last 2 years. Recently promoted to Senior Associate (i.e., 1 of 3 promotions to reach partnership in the firm). Have extensive M&A/PE transactional experience from a legal perspective. Work exclusively with foreign clients, including global PE funds such as WP, BX, Brookfield and GS.
Leadership - One of under 15 transactional lawyers in India with expertise in bank-NBFC mergers. Have played the role of corporate lead or due diligence lead in multiple transactions.
Recommendations - Will get recommendations from 2 partners in my law firm.
Post MBA goals - To shift into consulting (M&A strategy and management), and eventually transition into a senior leadership position (business expansion) in the banking sector.
Community experience post graduation - (i) Worked with the Uttarakhand state government to design an awareness drive for rural women to encourage them to open bank accounts. (ii) Designed the CSR plan for a listed company in India for manufacturing and distributing low cost sanitary napkins to 3,000 rural women.
EC during graduation - (i) Coached and tutored aspirants for the Common Law Admission Test back in college. (ii) Part of college cell that helped out women the surrounding rural areas with free legal aid/ advice.

I understand that my GMAT is weak and my undergrad may be could have been better, but despite these flaws, how do I fare? Do I stand a chance? I have already excluded top US schools like H/S/W/Sloan/ Booth from my school list on account of these two flaws and would be concentrating on only Kellogg, Yale and Tuck among the US schools.

Would Kellogg be willing to forgive my low GMAT/ low quant (for an Indian applicant) considering my non-engineering background? Any feedback would be much appreciated!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.23

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2019, 11:16
Hi experts,
Could you please evaluate my profile?

Nationality / Age: Indian Female/27
GMAT Score: 740 (Q49/V42/IR5/AWA5)
GPA: 8.01
Work experience: Around 4 yrs:
-1.5 yrs as an Analyst in the Operations Division at a top investment banking firm
-Around 2.5 yrs as a product consultant in a tech start-up working in the Corporate Social Responsibility space with a promotion
Educational Background: Undergrad in BITS Pilani (Pharmacy+Finance)
Post MBA goals: Transition to a for-profit strategy consulting firm and eventually take up a managerial role in a non-profit strategy consulting firm such as Dalberg or Bridgespan
Professional, educational or personal milestones I have achieved:
-1 promotion at the tech start-up
-Worked in the student chapter of a non-profit during college for 4 years and rose from volunteer to Treasurer & Public Relations Head
-Earned a $10k grant for that non-profit in an impact investing competition at the IB firm
-Budding runner: finished thirteen 10km runs, did Oxfam Trailwalker (100km in ~35 hours)
-Language enthusiast: learnt German and Japanese
SVP
SVP
D

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2019, 08:07
sls92 wrote:
Hi experts,
Could you please evaluate my profile?

Nationality / Age: Indian Female/27
GMAT Score: 740 (Q49/V42/IR5/AWA5)
GPA: 8.01
Work experience: Around 4 yrs:
-1.5 yrs as an Analyst in the Operations Division at a top investment banking firm
-Around 2.5 yrs as a product consultant in a tech start-up working in the Corporate Social Responsibility space with a promotion
Educational Background: Undergrad in BITS Pilani (Pharmacy+Finance)
Post MBA goals: Transition to a for-profit strategy consulting firm and eventually take up a managerial role in a non-profit strategy consulting firm such as Dalberg or Bridgespan
Professional, educational or personal milestones I have achieved:
-1 promotion at the tech start-up
-Worked in the student chapter of a non-profit during college for 4 years and rose from volunteer to Treasurer & Public Relations Head
-Earned a $10k grant for that non-profit in an impact investing competition at the IB firm
-Budding runner: finished thirteen 10km runs, did Oxfam Trailwalker (100km in ~35 hours)
-Language enthusiast: learnt German and Japanese

Hi there,

I'll share an observation about your goals: if you are currently working in the tech startup then your relevant experience that makes you gravitate towards the non profit sector is now. Building upon this, why would you not directly join a Bridgespan or a Dalberg, straight out of MBA? Joining a strategy consulting firm for their social sector practice can be an alternate short term goal.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!   [#permalink] 18 Jun 2019, 08:07

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20    Next  [ 393 posts ] 

KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: jaja231