GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Aug 2019, 06:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
Profile evaluation for Kellogg  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2019, 11:15
Hi all.
I plan to apply to US colleges for the 2020 batch. Below is my profile. Please let me know how good a shot do I have at this school and what could add to my profile.
Any help is appreciated. :)

Indian, male, engineer, 27 years

Educational background:
Xth - 96.4%
XIIth - 93.5%
Undergraduate-B.Tech in Chemical Science and Technology from IIT Guwahati
Graduated in 2015
C.P.I - 8.24/10
GMAT - 720 (Q49, V39, IR6, AWA6)

Professional Work-ex:
4 years of experience working in a management consulting and data analytics firm specializing in the US pharmaceutical market. The firm has consistently been ranked among the fastest growing companies in NJ and in the US.
Handling commercial operations for a 1000+ strong sales force of a multi billion dollar US pharmaceutical company in diverse roles. Roles included handling the Incentive compensation management for the US salesforce and promotion response modelling for a co-promote drug involving 2 pharma giants.
Responsible for the setting up of Marketing platform operations for this client, which was the first of its kind engagement for the firm. Role involved implementation of sales and marketing metrics across diverse data sources, including digital marketing channels.
Helped design incentive compensation plan for a launch drug in the opioid market.
Responsible for the setup of end to end commercial operations for a global specialty-driven pharmaceutical client. Working alongside 5 teams, helped set-up IC management, alignment management, call planning operations, online and offline reporting platforms and Marketing platform operations. Role majorly included bridging the gaps during the transition of the operations from a different firm in terms of business rules and ensuring a seamless implementation of those rules across workstreams. Mentored teams (both onshore and offshore) on the client business after picking it up with minimal guidance.
Currently as a Project Lead managing a team of 4 in the reporting workstream and simultaneously handling the call planning and segmentation workstreams.
3 promotions in 4 years.

Extra-curriculars:
An active member of the IIT Guwahati quiz club Acumen.
Part of the IIT Guwahati squash contingent in the Inter-IIT sports meet.
Current captain of the firm’s Cricket team. Leading a team that consists of associates as well as Associate Directors.
Responsible for the management and organization of the annual Premier League for Cricket since the past 4 years. Responsible for the logistics and the operation of the flagship sporting event of the company.
An experienced SQL and Pharma IC trainer, having conducted trainings for freshers and lateral hires in the company, with >500 hours of trainer hours.
Among the finalists of a company wide Hackathon, creating a Goal optimizer using neural networks. Guided a team of 4 members, who had limited to no experience of the underlying process.

Short Term Goal:
Current role has been a mix of handling operations and management consulting. Would like to make a switch in full time management role, preferably in a domain out of pharmaceuticals/health care.

Long Term Goal:
Get into the C Suite of a Fortune 500 firm.
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2019, 12:53
I think you have a great profile for Kellogg. I think obvious post MBA goal should be to go into social consulting firms like Dalberg or work with Social startups.

FYI: I am a BITS Pilani alumnus who got in to Kellogg. Happy to help more

sls92 wrote:
Hi experts,
Could you please evaluate my profile?

Nationality / Age: Indian Female/27
GMAT Score: 740 (Q49/V42/IR5/AWA5)
GPA: 8.01
Work experience: Around 4 yrs:
-1.5 yrs as an Analyst in the Operations Division at a top investment banking firm
-Around 2.5 yrs as a product consultant in a tech start-up working in the Corporate Social Responsibility space with a promotion
Educational Background: Undergrad in BITS Pilani (Pharmacy+Finance)
Post MBA goals: Transition to a for-profit strategy consulting firm and eventually take up a managerial role in a non-profit strategy consulting firm such as Dalberg or Bridgespan
Professional, educational or personal milestones I have achieved:
-1 promotion at the tech start-up
-Worked in the student chapter of a non-profit during college for 4 years and rose from volunteer to Treasurer & Public Relations Head
-Earned a $10k grant for that non-profit in an impact investing competition at the IB firm
-Budding runner: finished thirteen 10km runs, did Oxfam Trailwalker (100km in ~35 hours)
-Language enthusiast: learnt German and Japanese
CrackVerbal Co-Founder
B
Schools: IIMA
Re: Profile evaluation for Kellogg  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jun 2019, 21:10
PriyankGaur wrote:
Hi all.
I plan to apply to US colleges for the 2020 batch. Below is my profile. Please let me know how good a shot do I have at this school and what could add to my profile.
Any help is appreciated. :)

Indian, male, engineer, 27 years

Educational background:
Xth - 96.4%
XIIth - 93.5%
Undergraduate-B.Tech in Chemical Science and Technology from IIT Guwahati
Graduated in 2015
C.P.I - 8.24/10
GMAT - 720 (Q49, V39, IR6, AWA6)

Professional Work-ex:
4 years of experience working in a management consulting and data analytics firm specializing in the US pharmaceutical market. The firm has consistently been ranked among the fastest growing companies in NJ and in the US.
Handling commercial operations for a 1000+ strong sales force of a multi billion dollar US pharmaceutical company in diverse roles. Roles included handling the Incentive compensation management for the US salesforce and promotion response modelling for a co-promote drug involving 2 pharma giants.
Responsible for the setting up of Marketing platform operations for this client, which was the first of its kind engagement for the firm. Role involved implementation of sales and marketing metrics across diverse data sources, including digital marketing channels.
Helped design incentive compensation plan for a launch drug in the opioid market.
Responsible for the setup of end to end commercial operations for a global specialty-driven pharmaceutical client. Working alongside 5 teams, helped set-up IC management, alignment management, call planning operations, online and offline reporting platforms and Marketing platform operations. Role majorly included bridging the gaps during the transition of the operations from a different firm in terms of business rules and ensuring a seamless implementation of those rules across workstreams. Mentored teams (both onshore and offshore) on the client business after picking it up with minimal guidance.
Currently as a Project Lead managing a team of 4 in the reporting workstream and simultaneously handling the call planning and segmentation workstreams.
3 promotions in 4 years.

Extra-curriculars:
An active member of the IIT Guwahati quiz club Acumen.
Part of the IIT Guwahati squash contingent in the Inter-IIT sports meet.
Current captain of the firm’s Cricket team. Leading a team that consists of associates as well as Associate Directors.
Responsible for the management and organization of the annual Premier League for Cricket since the past 4 years. Responsible for the logistics and the operation of the flagship sporting event of the company.
An experienced SQL and Pharma IC trainer, having conducted trainings for freshers and lateral hires in the company, with >500 hours of trainer hours.
Among the finalists of a company wide Hackathon, creating a Goal optimizer using neural networks. Guided a team of 4 members, who had limited to no experience of the underlying process.

Short Term Goal:
Current role has been a mix of handling operations and management consulting. Would like to make a switch in full time management role, preferably in a domain out of pharmaceuticals/health care.

Long Term Goal:
Get into the C Suite of a Fortune 500 firm.

Hi PriyankGaur,

You have a great profile. Very interesting career progression and good experience in the work you have done so far.
Your extracurriculars look great and there is a lot you can showcase when it comes to leadership too. Independently leading projects to set up marketing and operations is a big plus.

With respect to your goals make sure you are clear on what exactly you want to do. "A full-time Management role" is too generic for the
B-school to assess your plans and fitment. Map your skills to what you really want to do post MBA. If you are applying to top schools remember the profiles applying are competitive too.

Your GMAT Score is good too. If there is a possibility to improve your score, do give it a shot too ( This will just improve your chances)

regards,
Shree
B
CAT Tests
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2019, 13:57
Bio: Indian Female
Undergrad GPA : 3.5 in Computer Science Engg from College in India (2008)
Grad GPA : 3.0 in Computer and Information systems from University of Michigan (2011)
Work experience: 8 years in tech consulting. Worked in a start up and 2 Big4s before going back to start up to cut down on traveling. Experience gained ranges from project management/leadership to technical delivery of solutions for different clients. I want to focus on MBA to gain more insight on strategy and finance side of the industry to switch to industry specific roles. Long term goal is to start a consulting firm focusing on industry specific solutions.

I am yet to take my GMAT but I am targeting part time MBA Spring 2020. Do I have a chance in admissions? What type of GMAT score I should have to get admitted?

Please help.

thanks
CrackVerbal Co-Founder
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2019, 01:59
ponan wrote:
Grad GPA : 3.0 in Computer and Information systems from University of Michigan (2011)
Work experience: 8 years in tech consulting. Worked in a start up and 2 Big4s before going back to start up to cut down on traveling. Experience gained ranges from project management/leadership to technical delivery of solutions for different clients. I want to focus on the MBA to gain more insight on strategy and finance side of the industry to switch to industry specific roles. Long term goal is to start a consulting firm focusing on industry-specific solutions.

I am yet to take my GMAT but I am targeting part-time MBA Spring 2020. Do I have a chance in admissions? What type of GMAT score I should have to get admitted?

Please help.

thanks

Hello Ponan,

You definitely have a good chance at the part-time MBA options. I am not sure if you are looking at India or US part-time MBA programs.

Some programs especially which are part-time do not publish a minimum GMAT score too. Which means if you have shown great career progression and the adcom believes you will really benefit from the program, even a slightly low GMAT score will do.

I am assuming you are already working in the US and have the time to take up part-time or evening courses.

rgds,
Shree
Affiliations: NYU, Yale

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2019, 07:10
HI ponan,

Thank you for your post and for sharing your profile. I like your professional experiences and the reason for pursuing an MBA. Your years of experience and exposures should be the focal point in your application, showcasing the richness you will bring to the classroom discussions. Your grad GPA is on the lower end, so I recommend you address this in an optional essay.

To answer your question specifically, provided you write a compelling application in its entirety and you have a strong GMAT (700+ overall score), you do have a chance of admission to Kellogg's Part-Time MBA program.

Happy to discuss this further offline if you like. Please reach out to coordinate a call.

Good luck!

Susan

ponan wrote:
Work experience: 8 years in tech consulting. Worked in a start up and 2 Big4s before going back to start up to cut down on traveling. Experience gained ranges from project management/leadership to technical delivery of solutions for different clients. I want to focus on MBA to gain more insight on strategy and finance side of the industry to switch to industry specific roles. Long term goal is to start a consulting firm focusing on industry specific solutions.

I am yet to take my GMAT but I am targeting part time MBA Spring 2020. Do I have a chance in admissions? What type of GMAT score I should have to get admitted?

Please help.

thanks

+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Contact us for a complimentary profile evaluation
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
Profile Evaluation Request. Please!!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2019, 07:21
Nationality- Indian Male/ 25 years
Education: B.Tech in Computer Science from IIT Guwahati
CGPA: 7.25/10
12th: 88.5%
10th: 92%
GMAT Score: 740

Domain: Technology Entrepreneurship
Work Experience- 4.4 years
3.5 years in software engineering roles
8 months and continuing- Co-founded a startup at a leading accelerator.

Academic Achievements
i) Aditya Birla Scholarship (awarded yearly to 10 students in India across IITs and BITS Pilani)
ii) Gold Medalist ( State topper in higher secondary board exams)
iii) INSPIRE Scholarship and KVPY by the Department of Science and Technology
iv) Host of state level awards in Speech competitions, essay writing and others.

Extracurriculars
At University-
i) National Service Scheme- Health camps and Blood donation drives
ii) Google Developers group

Along side work-
Senior Advisor- UN task force on SDGs
Worked with a leading public policy think tank (top 20 in the world)
Mentor of Change with the Atal Innovation Mission
Unleash SDG Innovation Labs, Singapore

International Exposure:
5 months- startup accelerator in Singapore
1 month- design thinking lab with participants from 130 countries
As part of the UN Task force, I work remotely with a team based across 4 continents
As a software engineer I worked on products critical to digital payments and used globally.

Post MBA roles- Tech Product Management, Get more experience and foray into Entrepreneurship. Seeking an MBA to fill a few gaps I have identified working on my idea.

Miscellaneous Information-
Granted 5 patents in systems design, security, and others
Invited as a young leader at a popular bilateral country program.
Blockchain Expert on a leading online platform- I hold sessions and guide on projects
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2019, 07:22

Academic Achievements
i) Aditya Birla Scholarship (awarded yearly to 10 students in India across IITs and BITS Pilani)
iv) Host of state level awards in Speech competitions, essay writing and others.

Extracurriculars
At University-

Along side work-

International Exposure:
As part of the UN Task force, I work remotely with a team based across 4 continents
As a software engineer I worked on products critical to digital payments and used globally.

Post MBA roles- Tech Product Management, Get more experience and foray into Entrepreneurship. Seeking an MBA to fill a few gaps I have identified working on my idea.

Blockchain Expert on a leading online platform- I hold sessions and guide on projects
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '21

Show Tags

New post 01 Jul 2019, 12:26
Hello peeps.

Requesting a kind soul to critically evaluate my profile too.

I am a 26 year old (male) Chartered Accountant from India.

On completion of my CA in Jan 2015 I continued working in the Dead Advisory department of a Big 4 for 2 years approx. before moving on to a boutique deal advisory firm where I worked for another 2 years. During my stint at Deal Advisory, I practiced tax and regulatory along while ensuring commercials are not disrupted. Few marquee projects I have handled/worked upon include:

a. Pre-deal IPO structuring of a USD 1.5 Billion dollar Indian company. (Had extensive meetings and discussions with the top management to understand the commercial complexities involved which were dealt later in a tax and regulatory efficient manner) (Note - we head on faced and solved each problem we were able to get our minds on)

b. Deal advisory and structuring of a INR 1100 crore investment (Included negotiations and discussions with two large PEs over a period of 6 months. Provided extensive learning on how to negotiate and effectively communicate on the deal table)

Present stint (since the past 3 months) - working at my family CA firm and also acting as an advisor to a CBSE school. Reason for shifting out of Deal Advisory - the department seems fixed on a province and I donot see myself working solely at M&A transactions after 5 years. Further, at my own firm, I am undertaking audits, other newly incorporated taxes, laws etc. which I believe every Chartered Accountant should have working knowledge of which was missing at Deal Advisory. To add more, acting as an advisor to a school is an eye opener for me as it involves streamlining the operation and strategizing. One key event I have advised and implemented is:

- Helping stablise the transportation facility for students along with the principal and the bus contractor (no. of students, 1100) - student safety being paramount, evaluating assumptions and circumstances to check any flaws in the bus system. Further, presently, reviewing the system on an ongoing basis to detect and solve any flaws.

AIM OF DOING A MBA: Leadership quotient + all around development through a General MBA + Understanding the global context of education and the possible opportunities that may lie ahead in the field of education.

SOCIAL OBJECTIVE: Being able to provide world class education to students of all background.

GMAT score - As per current practice tests, hoping 700+

Class 10: 86%
Class 12: 85.4%
BCom: 83%
CA: Cleared in Jan 2015

Cheers! and thank you in advance!
CrackVerbal Co-Founder
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2019, 02:27
allahisgreat wrote:

Academic Achievements
iv)host of state-level awards in Speech competitions, essay writing, and others.

Extracurriculars
At University-

Alongside work-

International Exposure:
As part of the UN Taskforce, I work remotely with a team based across 4 continents
As a software engineer, I worked on products critical to digital payments and used globally.

Hello allahisgreat,

You have already a lot to talk about in your essays. Great work on the exceptional academic record and being part of the startup accelerator too.

What impresses most to Top B schools is the diversity or value add you bring to the class. With your academics, extra-curricular and varied interests, you should definitely apply to the top 15 programs.

Have a clear story on getting into Entrepreneurship as your long term goal. If you have already thought through the plan it is great. Have a clear plan around which companies you would want to work with post-MBA and how you would want to leverage that in the future.

Do reach out to me if you want to discuss this in detail. Would be happy to help.

Regards,
Shree

Show Tags

New post 04 Jul 2019, 03:26
vineetbhosle1 wrote:
I am an Architect, originally from India, but live and work in the US now.

here is some information about me -

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE

SMITHGROUPJJR (7th largest architecture and engineering firm in the USA)
Architect II (Project Architect/Project Designer, Sept. 2015-Present) Washington, D.C.
• Spearheaded architectural design development for Auburn University Engineering Student Achievement Center, a $30M, 100,000 SF project, including structural, mechanical, electrical, landscape and civil engineering efforts. Led weekly progress meetings with 15+ members from 6 engineering disciplines and client teams.
• Established concept for Changbai Mountain Museum Complex in China, a $200M, 1M SF project on a 40-acre site. Led team of 5 architects to deliver a timely project, leading to new $50M project from the same client.
• Designed interior for Beacom Institute at Dakota State University, a $20M, 50,000 SF learning center. Enhanced study environment by utilizing large open spaces, earning SmithgroupJJR 2016 the Southwest IIDA Design Excellence Award.
• Promoted to Architect II as a result of work on Changbai Mountain Museum and completing architectural licensure.

Architect I (Project Designer, May 2012-Sept.2015, Intern, Summer 2011) Phoenix, AZ
• Led design progress, collaborating with landscape architects, civil engineers, statue makers and contractors to create Arizona Firefighter’s Memorial, a nationally televised $1.5M pro-bono project, the first state memorial for firefighters in Phoenix.
• Developed architectural vision with the national team of 20+ architects and engineers for exterior and floor plans of a residential tower and hotel/casino at Makronisos Marina development, a $250M project, and the tallest building in Aiya Napa, Cyprus.
• Initiated implementation of Lumion (architectural visualization software), leading training of 90+ staff members across ten offices and increasing the efficiency of firm-wide visualization process.

FREELANCE WORK (Designer, 2012-Present)
• Led teams of 3-4 young professionals in Phoenix in remote collaboration with construction teams in Dubai and Egypt, translating and ensuring design intent for companies including Ericsson, Novartis and Roche, and LinkedIn.
• Led teams of 2-5 colleagues in International Architectural Design & Ideas Competitions since 2009, notably winning $14,000 grand prize in Generation Kingspan Competition (2012) out of 150+ international entries.
• Published works, including the winning entry for Generation Kingspan and ‘Why Tall’ 2012 hosted by Council of Tall Buildings in Urban Habitat (CTBUH), were featured in popular blogs and magazines such as Evolo, Architect, and Arch2o.

VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE

ARCHITECTURE IN SCHOOLS (2015-Present)
• Teach 3rd-grade class of 25 students weekly at Maury Elementary School. Mentored students to design their set of creative classrooms, which were presented in an exhibition at District Architecture Center in Washington DC.
AIA EMERGING ARCHITECTS COMMITTEE (2015-Present)
• Lead effort to set up annual AIA Young Architects Design Competition for expected 100+ national participants.
HOMEBASE YOUTH SERVICE (2011-2015)
• Prepared monthly meals for a group of 25 at-risk teenagers in Phoenix, AZ.

EDUCATION

ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY, Master of Architecture (2010-2012) GPA: 3.57/4.00, Top 5% of class
• 1 of 3 recipients of Design Excellence Award in 2010 and AIAS Graduate design award in 2012.
• Studied abroad in Berlin in Fall 2011, helping to design an innovative urban residential development proposal.
• Organized as Cultural Secretary 4 Indian cultural events during 2010-2012 attended by 50+ students and faculty members.

UNIVERSITY OF MUMBAI, India, Bachelor of Architecture (2005-2010) GPA: 67/100, Top 5% of class
• Two-time recipient of yearly JRD TATA Merit based 100% tuition scholarship for students with GPA of 65% and above.
• Awarded Late Bhausaheb Hiray 2009 Gold Medal for a solo design project (out of 200+ students of 15 Architecture colleges).
• Led teams of 15-20 students in HUDCO Design Competition from 2006-2009 during Asia’s largest annual architecture convention, with students from 151+ colleges, winning in 2006 & 2008.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

• Interests: Professionally trained artist in metal embossing, proficient in many other mediums. Works of art have been sent internationally to countries such as Spain, Japan, and India, to be displayed in exhibitions & conventions.
• Scored A+ grade in the Maharashtra State Board Elementary/Intermediate Art Grade Exams, the benchmark for young artist talents in my home state in India.
• Amateur photographer for many friends’ wedding & engagement shoots.
• Languages: Fluent in English, Hindi, and Marathi (an important dialect local to Mumbai.)

GMAT is 710 Q49, V37

I have one really great and another alright recommendation letter.

Please evaluate and suggest. for R2

Hi "vineetbhosle1",

Excellent work experience and diverse background. You haven't mentioned which region are you looking at applying. I am assuming since you are in the US you are focusing specifically on US schools. Since you come from a core architecture background - I would want to know what kind of roles would you want to get into post MBA?

What are the companies you would want to work with? You could do some research on Linkedin to check out profiles from top schools with a similar background. Some people who get into top MBA program work with consulting companies to work on strategic projects with real estate companies or with city planning projects.

Everything looks great in your profile GPA, Work Ex, International experience and GMAT Score. At this point, I would suggest focusing on a stellar application and researching well on why an MBA is important to you at this point in your career.

regards,
Shreekala
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 12 Jul 2019, 02:22
Hi Everyone -- Planning to apply in the 2020 intake (Round 1 schools being Kellogg, Columbia, MIT, Stern). Would love to hear your thoughts on my profile below:

Filipino, Male, 29 years of age, 7 years of work experience

Educational Background
BS Management Engineering, an honors program in Ateneo de Manila University
Merit Scholarship from the Bank of the Philippine Islands for four years

GMAT: 710 Q48 V40
Undergraduate GPA: 2.96

Work Experience:
[3 years in Technology/E-Commerce] Currently founding head of strategy and business intelligence at a tech-enabled logistics company in the Philippines, tasked with setting up the business intelligence and data science infrastructure of the company, and spearheading various strategic initiatives. Led the team that developed the business case and model for the spin-off of the logistics arm of a leading South East Asian E-Commerce company, obtaining >10M USD funding accordingly.

[3 years in Management Consulting] Worked at a boutique US-based management consulting firm, specializing in strategic sourcing and marketing analytics. Also headed recruitment initiatives of the firm in the Philippines.

[3 years in Education -- concurrent] Was a part-time lecturer for IT management at my undergraduate university

[1 year in Consumer Goods] Worked for a multi-national beverage conglomerate as a commercial finance analyst, handling the financial modelling of various innovations projects.

Short-term Post MBA goal
- Chief Interest: Helping build startups from the ground up as a venture launcher in South East Asia region (based in Singapore or Hong Kong). Hoping to leverage MBA network, and to build holistic skills in order to build credibility, and more effectively lead teams.

Long-term Post MBA goal
- Return to the Philippines, and create my own technology start-up focused on improving infrastructure.

Extra-Curriculars:
1. Founded a university orchestra in 2008, and grew the community to over 300 members in 10 years. I am part of the orchestra in an advisory role (chiefly dealing with fundraising and alumni engagement).
2. Passionate about data science: I teach after-work python and data science courses to interested people in my current company
3. MOOC Certifications from Coursera on Machine Learning and AI
4. I give talks on the start-up industry, and on financial model development
5. Was part of the university track and field team.

Originally posted by arnveller on 12 Jul 2019, 00:56.
Last edited by arnveller on 12 Jul 2019, 02:22, edited 3 times in total.
SVP
SVP
D

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2019, 01:36
arnveller wrote:
Hi Everyone -- Planning to apply in the 2020 intake (Round 1 schools being Kellogg, Columbia, MIT, Stern). Would love to hear your thoughts on my profile below:

Educational Background

GMAT: 720 Q48 V40

Work Experience:
[3 years in Technology/E-Commerce] Currently founding head of strategy and business intelligence at a tech-enabled logistics company in the Philippines, tasked with setting up the business intelligence and data science infrastructure of the company, and spearheading various strategic initiatives. Led the team that developed the business case and model for the spin-off of the logistics arm of a leading South East Asian E-Commerce company, obtaining >10M USD funding accordingly.

[3 years in Management Consulting] Worked at a boutique US-based management consulting firm, specializing in strategic sourcing and marketing analytics. Also headed recruitment initiatives of the firm in the Philippines.

[3 years in Education -- concurrent] Was a part-time lecturer for IT management at my undergraduate university

[1 year in Consumer Goods] Worked for a multi-national beverage conglomerate as a commercial finance finance analyst.

Short-term Post MBA goal
- Chief Interest: Helping build startups from the ground up as a venture launcher in South East-Asia. Hoping to leverage MBA network, and build holistic skills in order to build credibility, and more effectively lead.

Long-term Post MBA goal
- Create a technology start-up focused on improving infrastructure in the Philippines

Extra-Curriculars:
1. Founded a university orchestra in 2008, and grew the community to over 300 members in 10 years. I am part of the orchestra in an advisory role (chiefly dealing with fundraising and alumni engagement).
2. Passionate about data science: I teach after-work python and data science courses to interested people in my current company

Both your GMAT and GPA are below the class average at all the 3 programs, and that could be a concern. Given that you were awarded merit scholarships during undergrad, you seem to be a good student. Are you converting your GPA from another system to the American one? that may be causing you to lose some points. In any case, b-schools don't ask applicants to convert undergrad marks, you can submit your original marks and scanned copies of your transcripts.

Otherwise your work experience sounds superb. I guess the part time experience was happening while you were still employed during your first two jobs.

Your short term goals coupled with the MBA should prepare you for the long term goals. In that sense what is the connection between your short term and long term goals? This would need some clarity for sure.

Your ECAs are interesting. I am always impressed when applicants merge their passion with their extra-curricular activities - that's when you get 10 years of involvement and solid community building. I hope the adcom feels likewise. :)

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Totally Invested In Your Success. Therefore, unlimited essay guidance and unlimited communication with you.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2019, 10:38
arnveller wrote:

Educational Background

GMAT: 710 Q48 V40

Work Experience:

[1 year in Consumer Goods] Worked for a multi-national beverage conglomerate as a commercial finance analyst, handling the financial modelling of various innovations projects.

Short-term Post MBA goal
- Chief Interest: Helping build startups from the ground up as a venture launcher in South East Asia region (based in Singapore or Hong Kong). Hoping to leverage MBA network, and to build holistic skills in order to build credibility, and more effectively lead teams.

Long-term Post MBA goal
- Return to the Philippines, and create my own technology start-up focused on improving infrastructure.

Extra-Curriculars:
5. Was part of the university track and field team.

Arnveller, adding to earlier comments, 7 years of work experience is bit on the higher side as compared to general range of 3 to 6 yrs of work experience most applicationg to M7 schools generally have. Because of you huge and diverse work experience you can probably get away with slightly lower GMAT by focusing on how you will add value to the experience of your peers at school :)

Also some schools in your R1 list are finance heavy like Columbia, Stern and some are consulting heavy like Kellogg. If goal is entrepreneurship, you should look at schools like GSB, MIT, Haas, Tepper - generally more west coast. You can probably throw in a few consulting schools in there as they have strong Tech hiring too :thumbup:
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V36

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2019, 07:40
Could you kindly review my profile for the 2019-2020 admission cycle?
I apologize for the very lengthy post.

My profile/stats:

* 28 this year, Southeast Asian (Chinese) based in Singapore
* GMAT: 710 (Q49, V36, IR7); first "blind" attempt; will be looking aiming for 750-770.
* GPA: 3.1/4.0; one of the top colleges/target schools in Singapore, this is my primary concern
* No. of WE: 3 years as of now (started upon graduation in May 2016).
>> Spent 1 year in the wealth management division (front office sales) of a tier1 US bank
>> Was a top performer and earmarked for promotion at the end of the year
>> However, I have always wanted to work in financial markets. Hence, I left for a tier2 investment bank after 1 year of cold calling
>> Joined on contract. Performance was good and they created a headcount for me after 1 year.
>> Got promoted to senior analyst in my 2nd year. Given additional responsibilities to cover 2 sets of clients (essentially 2 men's job)

* Extracurricular activities during college:
>> Elected into student office during college. Initiated and led various signature events
>> Part of a major band in school. Invited for various paid gigs and even overseas performances
>> Took part in various case competitions and overseas study trips

* Extracurricular activities post-college:
>> Part of the same alumni band
>> Part of an alumni mentoring circle
>> Volunteers in a church - mentoring younger boys
>> Freelance as a wedding pianist

Post MBA goals:
* Short/medium term - consulting with MBB with a focus on public sector/government or financial services (am not fully certain on the focus to be very honest) in the US. I plan to stay in the US for a few years. Alternatively, I'd be happy to explore options in general management/strategy. I believe all my short term goals are realistic with a T15 MBA.
* Long term - I am not looking to start any company or join a VC/HF/PE. I personally believe I am better suited to working in a large corporate. Hence, I am looking for longevity within the mgmt consulting firm or move into a strategy/COO role in the public sector/financial services.

I would like to have an immersive experience at school. Smaller size would be a plus, not a must. Would like a place with a heavy focus on teamwork and collaboration. Strength in general management will be a plus.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2019, 12:37
Please review my profile:

I am an Indian by nationality and completed my bachelor's in Computer Science Engineering from a State University (Punjab Technical University) with 74.93 %(Top 3% of my batch) and post which I worked for 13 months in a digital education startup. Fascinated by the Start-up world, and in order to learn the business side, I completed my MBA with Marketing majors from Symbiosis International University, which is a renowned Indian University. During my MBA I started two Startups, got angel funding of $75k which I used to scale those to a good level, but because of the shortage of personal funds had to sell those off. After that, I joined a durables start-up company in India and worked as a brand manager for 2 years. Right now I am working with a uber-luxury real estate brand, which is again a new well-funded startup, as a Brand Strategy lead.

Overall Work ex: 5 years(By Aug 2020)
Function of Work: Startup Strategy/ Marketing/ Brand Management
Industry: Durables/ Real Estate/ Education
GMAT score: 710 Q49 V 38
Why second MBA: To gain international exposure in the Start-up ecosystem which I couldn't get till now, preferably in Finance and join strategy/ Startup consulting. 10 years down the line I want to set up my own VC firm.
Undergrad Score: 74.93%(Top 3% of my batch)
Post Grad Score: 3.14/4( Top 2% of my batch)
Extra-Curricular:
1. Winner of 10 National level B Plan and Startup Accelerator competitions.Finalist in 5 competitions.
2. Founder of National Level NGO which is working towards women empowerment. Sponsored Study of 4k female children since 2010, in remote villages of north India.
3. National Level Technical Paper Presentation winner.
4. Winner of 'Best Student in the overall category, Award 2016 ( Given to only 2 students from the batch of 2000 students).
5. College-level winner of many debates and discussion competitions.

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.6
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2019, 12:19
Hi Id like a profile evaluation

30 Male Pakistan National

710 GMAT

3.6/4 GPA mechanical engineer. Honor roll student top 5% of class.

Wireline Product and Service Delivery Manager at Schlumberger (largest O&G services co)
75 direct/indirect reports. 20$ million annual revenue generating location. Responsible for revenue generation, operations, sales, training and coaching, supplier management and new technology introduction for Pakistan’s Wireline business. 8 years in the company. 1.5 years in current role.

International exposure in Saudi Arabia working with Saudi Aramco as field engineer.

Passionate about cycling and photography. Lead corporate initiative for local communities (school) where Schlumberger operates in Sindh Pakistan. Been volunteering consistently since high school.

Strong academic and extra curricular background.

Thanks.
Ahmed

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2019, 08:10
Hello!

Requesting a profile evaluation please.

Background and nationality: Female, Indian

Undergrad Information:
Graduated with a 9.0 of 10 CGPA from a non-IIT college in India.
I topped my university in my first year of Information Science branch beating around 2500 students and securing a maximum grade of S in 11/12 subjects. As a result of this I got a merit seat in Computer Science and then went onto complete the remaining 3 years of my undergrad as a computer science student.
(Information Science and Computer Science are essentially the same branches in India with almost the same curriculum - Computer Science is slightly on the tougher side)
I interned with a local IT company in my second year of engineering.
I was an active volunteer for 1.5 years at a well known NGO - I taught Math and Science to the students of Grade 8, 9 and 10.
An active volunteer at college cultural events too throughout my undergrad.

GMAT: 700 - I really need help deducing if this will get me through top US colleges!

Work experience and leadership:
In my last semester of undergrad - I interned for 6 months with a Fortune 100 US company and landed a job with them. Been working with them for the past 4 years in the capacity of a software developer.
I was promoted to Senior Associate in my second year and to Manager in my third year with them.
I lead the Scrum/Agile process for the team and am always the talking point when it comes to interacting with the US counterparts.
I am very well known throughout the global team to be able to multi-manage and communicate effortlessly. I usually lead all the team calls and am always depended most upon to manage the team dynamics.
I am also known to be extremely creative and won the best creative team award for my team at one of our Global events.
I am active member with the firm's Toastmasters club and have served on its club officers group for a year (as a Vice President of PR and as Club Secretary)
I have participated in public speaking competitions(won second place at Division level), hosted events(hosted the area and Division events in my city), mentored folks (mainly involves honing their public speaking and leadership skills by providing constructive feedback/evaluations for every project/level they complete and guiding them structure and prepare their speeches) all over my city. I mentor about 25 people within my home club. I have completed the first level of toastmasters international and am currently in the advanced level. I have been recognized with a special award for my exemplary contribution to Toastmasters as a mentor and as a fellow toastmaster.

Colleges I aim for are the top 20. I understand this is the exclusive thread for Kellogg - since Kellogg appears in the top 20 I chose to post here.

All suggestions will be much appreciated. Many Thanks!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2019, 20:02
Citizenship: Canadian (Indian born)
Mechanical Engineer from Top #1 Engineering School in Canada (Waterloo)
GPA: 68% Overall Average. Upward trend in last 2 years (83% Average)
GMAT Score : 720 Q47 V42

Work Experience:
Internships (2.5 years) in Oil / Energy sector during Engineering school (co-op terms)
Full Time work experience after Graduation is in the Automotive sector (4 years, 5 by matriculation in Fall 2020)
3 different companies..step ups in terms of role/responsibility/compensation.

Extra curricular:
Sports, singing
Participated in Habitat for Humanity for work
Charity sport event once a year for kids

Post MBA goal:
Consulting or Product Management (still narrowing down).

Schools being Targeted: Kellogg, Haas, Ross, Duke, Stern, Haas, Darden, Johnson, Tepper, Anderson

Which ones among here are the best to apply to realistically?

Thanks a lot for your input !!!
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '19
GMAT 1: 700 Q56 V44
GMAT 2: 700 Q56 V44
KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 09 Aug 2019, 23:42
Hi.,
Can you evaluate my profile for MBA program.

Undergrad in Civil Engineering from Jntu college of engineering Hyderabad (6.13 GPA, Bit low)

Masters in Structural Engineering from Bits pilani (8.6 GPA)

3 YRS work exp in as Design Engineering Consultant (MNC,International projects along with on sight experience of 6 months)

Gmat 740 (Q50,V40)

Few social activites and meger extra circular.. awards and young scientist awards mostly in school days ,not much leadership roles (Managing few client meetings for technical suggestions).

Doubt about low undergrad score? What effect would it have.

Posted from my mobile device

Originally posted by guest1708 on 09 Aug 2019, 01:40.
Last edited by guest1708 on 09 Aug 2019, 23:42, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!   [#permalink] 09 Aug 2019, 01:40

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20    Next  [ 387 posts ] 

KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: jaja231