GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Aug 2019, 05:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2019, 22:33
guest1708 wrote:
Hi.,
Can you evaluate my profile for MBA program.

Undergrad in Civil Engineering from Jntu college of engineering Hyderabad (6.13 GPA, Bit low)

Masters in Structural Engineering from Bits pilani (8.6 GPA)

3 YRS work exp in as Design Engineering Consultant (MNC,International projects along with on sight experience of 6 months)

Gmat 740 (Q50,V49)

Few social activites and meger extra circular.. awards and young scientist awards mostly in school days ,not much leadership roles (Managing few client meetings for technical suggestions).

Doubt about low undergrad score? What effect would it have.

Posted from my mobile device

With that Q/V split are you sure your gmat score is only 740.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '19
GMAT 1: 700 Q56 V44
GMAT 2: 700 Q56 V44
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2019, 23:40
Sorry V40.. typo

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2019, 17:18
Demographic
29 year old Indian male (born and raised in U.S.)
Combined Master/Bachelor Degree in Accounting from McCombs, The University of Texas at Austin (#1 Acct school)
3.8 Grad school GPA, 3.9 Undergrad GPA
740 GMAT (47Q, 45V, 5.5 AWA, 8 IR)

Work Experience
2.5 years at Deloitte Consulting Strategy & Operations - significant work includes: 1. Centralized project management for divestiture of international building products company; 2. Finance and Accounting business integration for (at the time) world's largest tech industry merger

2.5 years at PepsiCo - joined as Sr. Analyst, worked in Sales and GTM Value Chain Strategy (heavy operations/supply chain focus). Promoted to Associate Manager. Wrote business case and associated financial models for Retail B2B eCommerce solution and implemented new customer and sales data segmentation methodology. Am now the project manager for Chief Strategy Officer where I manage monthly ExCom meetings, build up talent and culture within our organization through organizing social events and internal trainings, and provide executives with updates on all strategic initiatives underway.

Extracurricular
While at Deloitte, led University of Texas recruiting efforts for undergrads and achieved 100% offer conversion rates. Also organized annual Deloitte charity event for United Way, raising over $20,000 in donations

Outside of work, I frequently volunteer at schools (through Junior Achievement) and local libraries to teach children and adults about financial concepts (e.g. budgeting, personal finance, disciplined debt repayment, investing and retirement planning, etc).

Post-MBA career goals
Short-term: Revenue Mgmt or Commercialization/Sales at a startup/smaller CPG firm (also considering going back to consulting to McKinsey/Bain/BCG)
Long-term: Chief Commercial Officer or GM of a small/mid-sized Food/Beverage firm that provides healthy foods at affordable (to the masses) prices
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47

Show Tags

New post 13 Aug 2019, 10:28
bump
SVP
SVP
D

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2019, 04:03
nhpatel0999 wrote:
Demographic
Combined Master/Bachelor Degree in Accounting from McCombs, The University of Texas at Austin (#1 Acct school)

Work Experience
2.5 years at Deloitte Consulting Strategy & Operations - significant work includes: 1. Centralized project management for divestiture of international building products company; 2. Finance and Accounting business integration for (at the time) world's largest tech industry merger

2.5 years at PepsiCo - joined as Sr. Analyst, worked in Sales and GTM Value Chain Strategy (heavy operations/supply chain focus). Promoted to Associate Manager. Wrote business case and associated financial models for Retail B2B eCommerce solution and implemented new customer and sales data segmentation methodology. Am now the project manager for Chief Strategy Officer where I manage monthly ExCom meetings, build up talent and culture within our organization through organizing social events and internal trainings, and provide executives with updates on all strategic initiatives underway.

Extracurricular
While at Deloitte, led University of Texas recruiting efforts for undergrads and achieved 100% offer conversion rates. Also organized annual Deloitte charity event for United Way, raising over $20,000 in donations

Outside of work, I frequently volunteer at schools (through Junior Achievement) and local libraries to teach children and adults about financial concepts (e.g. budgeting, personal finance, disciplined debt repayment, investing and retirement planning, etc).

Post-MBA career goals
Short-term: Revenue Mgmt or Commercialization/Sales at a startup/smaller CPG firm (also considering going back to consulting to McKinsey/Bain/BCG)
Long-term: Chief Commercial Officer or GM of a small/mid-sized Food/Beverage firm that provides healthy foods at affordable (to the masses) prices

Hi,

Overall, you have good quality experience and if presented well through the resume, essays and recommendations, it should work in your favor. Your career goals need to be thought through better. I am not aware of what is revenue management in a startup. I would strip it down to calling it sales/ business development - its better to use simpler words instead of jargon words and fancy positions. That also holds for your long term goals as well.
For the sake of the application, you will have to zero in on one career path. It will be hard to say by analysing this short description whether you should talk about consulting or a startup, which is a space where you don't seem to have prior experience.

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Totally Invested In Your Success. Therefore, unlimited essay guidance and unlimited communication with you.
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2019, 23:57
MBADecoder wrote:
nhpatel0999 wrote:
Demographic

Work Experience

Extracurricular

Post-MBA career goals

Hi,

Overall, you have good quality experience and if presented well through the resume, essays and recommendations, it should work in your favor. Your career goals need to be thought through better. I am not aware of what is revenue management in a startup. I would strip it down to calling it sales/ business development - its better to use simpler words instead of jargon words and fancy positions. That also holds for your long term goals as well.
For the sake of the application, you will have to zero in on one career path. It will be hard to say by analysing this short description whether you should talk about consulting or a startup, which is a space where you don't seem to have prior experience.

Thankyou for the feedback
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 17 Aug 2019, 00:33
zamin1234 wrote:
Applying for Fall 2019
Ethnicity: Pakistani (US born and raised)
UG School: Top 20 Public University, Majored in Political Science w/ Minor in Applied Statistics 3.75 GPA
GRE: 167 Quant, 160 Verbal, 5.5 AWA
Work Exp:
-Interned in Parliament
-3 Yrs at Corporate Retailer working as a Planning Analyst managing $400M P&L in Consumer Electronics (2 years) and a Negotiations Consultant/Project Manager driving over $100M in cost savings for organization through vendor category negotiations, contract support, etc. across Beauty and Home divisions
Extracurricular: Volunteer at non-profit, mentor (3 mentees) for D&I organization, and involved in local elections
Educational Goal: Dual MBA/MPP
Career Aspirations:
Social Impact - specifically working for a government agency like the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau or SEC OR Non-profit

Biggest concern: Something else I'd like to explore is marketing for Multicultural brands, and I think that's a much cleaner story for me given my background in retail and specifically working with a lot of big beauty vendors, but I don't know if it's worth it to compromise total authenticity as social impact is my passion.

Thoughts?

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2019, 23:31
nanditabothra wrote:
I am an Indian female with 2 years work experience (will have 3 by the time I join college).
Company: Microsoft (Services division as a Consultant)
GMAT: 740
GPA: 3.8

Pros:
1. Good international exposure due to office visits and clients
2. Good communication and people skills
3. Will be able to get good recommendations
4. Good academic record

Cons:
1. Less work experience than average
2. No start up or entrepreneurship experience

GMAT score?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!   [#permalink] 18 Aug 2019, 23:31

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   [ 388 posts ] 

KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: jaja231