It is currently 18 Nov 2017, 13:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 37

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jun 2017, 10:32
sabtr9 wrote:
Target Schools: Kellogg is my number one (MMM). Otherwise looking at Haas, Sloan, Wharton
Hi sabtr9, thanks for reaching out.
Education: Top 5 undergrad business school

GPA: 3.4 (major: 3.6, trended upwards) in marketing and econ

Background: Female indian US citizen

GMAT: 700 (took twice- Q44 V41 was the best), taking the GRE in July (expected 165 V&Q)
Your GMAT is on the lower side for your target programs. The GPA is neutral/low and the work experience is about on par with your target programs. So you are coming into this a little on the lower end of the bar. It will help to have some compelling reasons WHY MMM and Why Kellogg and for that I encourage you to spend time engaging with current students (hurry before they scatter for summer) and understand how you can build on what you have done to help be successful in post MBA roles.
Employment: 1 year as a Product Manager for a large online broker. Previous to that, spent 3 years in digital marketing/product management at an asset management firm who has a history of sending employees to M7 schools.Reach out to your contacts here to gain knowledge from their experience in going to M7. They can also help you refine your post MBA career goals- the more specific the better.

Awards: Firmwide Excellence Award, Orientation and Cohort Leader (two years in undergrad), Consulting Group scholarship (competitive program to consult for a nonprofit through my undergrad college)

Extracurriculars: Working with leadership to establish a multicultural network at my current employer, volunteered for 4 years mentoring a HS'er for college prep, volunteered for 5 years at a nonprofit dedicated to defending street vendor rights and now helping run their flagship event Leveraging your impact in this group could help you stand out.

Goals: Near term- work in big tech as a product manager, longer term is to start my own fintech biz
To have a more detailed conversation about your goals and how to present your best side to Kellogg sign up for a free consult at this link: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 37

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 246 [0], given: 0

Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2017, 09:10
@sabtr

Thanks for sharing your profile...you have a nice background but are a little out of range at the schools you are targeting. You can still be in play but both your GMAT/GPA are below the averages at these school (730/3.6). I would keep test taking to see if you can drag that GMAT up a bit. I do think your school selection is pretty strong and align well with your career goals. Just see if you can improve your tests to make your life easier

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V45
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 15 Jun 2017, 01:15
Hi Everyone,

Applying to R1 as well. Currently researching for the essays.

My Profile

Nationality - Indian
2 years startup Founder and CEO of a angel funded Media Tech startup in India
2 months at a startup accelerator in San Francisco
1.5 years as Hardware engineer at Qualcomm India

Bachelors in Technology with Honors . CGPA 3.5

GMAT 780 | Yet to take TOEFL

National level table tennis player in Under 16 age group. University Table Tennis captain.

Any inputs would be welcome

Thanks,
PG

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 22

Show Tags

New post 15 Jun 2017, 09:36
pg1991 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Applying to R1 as well. Currently researching for the essays.

My Profile

Nationality - Indian
2 years startup Founder and CEO of a angel funded Media Tech startup in India
2 months at a startup accelerator in San Francisco
1.5 years as Hardware engineer at Qualcomm India

Bachelors in Technology with Honors . CGPA 3.5

GMAT 780 | Yet to take TOEFL

National level table tennis player in Under 16 age group. University Table Tennis captain.

Any inputs would be welcome

Thanks,
PG

You have the Academic stats for sure. Now you need to craft a story in your essays as to Why Kellogg and be specific.
Also you do you have any recent extra curriculers/volunteering? Need more than just "Table Tennis captain in college"

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 22

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 13

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Duke '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Premium Member CAT Tests
KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jun 2017, 10:11
Hello,

Indian male engineer here!
Under Grad- EE, Vellore institute of Technology, India.
Master's in Power and Energy Systems- Arizona State University, Tempe.
Working now for one of the largest engineering consulting companies in the US in Power and Energy sector. Clients include Duke, AEP,SCE, PG&E etc
GMAT-760.
EC- Toastmasters, Volunteer at a local organisation, ran marathons.

Let me know your suggestions!!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 37

Show Tags

New post 15 Jun 2017, 23:03
sveniga4 wrote:
Hello,

Indian male engineer here!
Under Grad- EE, Vellore institute of Technology, India.
Master's in Power and Energy Systems- Arizona State University, Tempe.
Working now for one of the largest engineering consulting companies in the US in Power and Energy sector. Clients include Duke, AEP,SCE, PG&E etc
GMAT-760.
EC- Toastmasters, Volunteer at a local organisation, ran marathons.

Let me know your suggestions!!

Hi there,
You have an excellent profile. Your GMAT is above average. I hope your Masters and Undergrad GPA is good too.
Further, you haven't mentioned the no.of years of work ex. If thats not around 4 years, you need to think about it. But minimum 2 years is expected.
Your international work ex will help you a lot both in getting in to Kellogg and looking for a job later.
Your extracurriculars and community involvement seem a little weak but I can only opine on the information you've presented here.
Hope this helps.

Best,

Deep A.
Chief Counselling Officer
http://www.EduSimplified.com

Manager
Manager
B

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Duke '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Premium Member CAT Tests
KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2017, 05:55
Thanks for the feedback. I have 4 years of work experience and yes, extracurriculars are weak. I am applying for Kellogg, Duke, Ross and LBS. Do you think my school selection is good enough?

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2017, 06:01
sveniga4 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. I have 4 years of work experience and yes, extracurriculars are weak. I am applying for Kellogg, Duke, Ross and LBS. Do you think my school selection is good enough?

This is a difficult question to answer. Why are you doing an MBA? Depending on your post MBA goals you should choose a school that best fits your needs. Research about the program, talk to current and former students so that you get a better picture of a school. Your list seems pretty good to me and if you prepare a solid application, you should be able to go through.

Deep A.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 61

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2017, 12:04
Indian, Female. Graduate in B.Tech (Mechanical) with 3.12 GPA. Studied abroad (Italy, Europe) for 3years towards end of my schooling.

Have 3 years work ex.; good work progression with international exposure. Design & development role(automotive company) dealing with cross functional teams. Successfully executed the first project as project lead (in the first year of work), A* performance rating for the same, led various other parallel projects at the organization with 6-7 people as direct/indirect reportees. Led a group of five colleagues at tests & meetings with an international customer in S. Korea(Year 2). Appointed as mentor to six new recruits for their successful induction (year 3).
Presented paper at an International Conference 2016 in USA, representing the company I work in (Year 3).

Leadership+Extra curricular activities- Secretary, Centre for Human Resource Development, Students’ Council 2012-13; Head Secretary, Hostel 2011-12; Event Head, Cultural fest 2012; Prize at Art Exhibition in College Cultural Fest 2011; School for the Disabled (Disable Welfare Trust of India) 2010- Conducted art & craft workshops for differently abled children; Head of International Relations at Sixth Form Council at School of Milan 2009-10; Model United Nations, Bocconi University, Milano 2009- Delegate and Ambassador; UK Sports Leaders’ Award Level 1 2008; trained dancer-performed in India and Italy & at Inter-College fests;

What do you think my chances are for top MBA schools esp. Cambridge, Oxford, LBS, HEC, INSEAD, Manchester, Lancaser & NTU?Yet to take GMAT. What would be a good aim for score?

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 61

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2017, 00:43
nrl9220 wrote:
Indian, Female. Graduate in B.Tech (Mechanical) with 3.12 GPA. Studied abroad (Italy, Europe) for 3years towards end of my schooling.

Have 3 years work ex.; good work progression with international exposure. Design & development role(automotive company) dealing with cross functional teams. Successfully executed the first project as project lead (in the first year of work), A* performance rating for the same, led various other parallel projects at the organization with 6-7 people as direct/indirect reportees. Led a group of five colleagues at tests & meetings with an international customer in S. Korea(Year 2). Appointed as mentor to six new recruits for their successful induction (year 3).
Presented paper at an International Conference 2016 in USA, representing the company I work in (Year 3).

Leadership+Extra curricular activities- Secretary, Centre for Human Resource Development, Students’ Council 2012-13; Head Secretary, Hostel 2011-12; Event Head, Cultural fest 2012; Prize at Art Exhibition in College Cultural Fest 2011; School for the Disabled (Disable Welfare Trust of India) 2010- Conducted art & craft workshops for differently abled children; Head of International Relations at Sixth Form Council at School of Milan 2009-10; Model United Nations, Bocconi University, Milano 2009- Delegate and Ambassador; UK Sports Leaders’ Award Level 1 2008; trained dancer-performed in India and Italy & at Inter-College fests;

What do you think my chances are for top MBA schools esp. Cambridge, Oxford, LBS, HEC, INSEAD, Manchester, Lancaser & NTU?Yet to take GMAT. What would be a good aim for score?

Hi there,

You have a very good well rounded profile. Your international education and work ex goes a long way. You clearly have portrayed a lot of leadership experience. Further, your exposure to cross functional teams is an asset. You'll learn more about this in your MBA. Since your education background is engineering and you're from India you are in a over represented pool of applicants. Most B-schools are looking to increase % of women in class and hence a slight advantage to you. But what it implies is that your GMAT score expectation will be high.

My one concern is that your community involvement isn't current. What you have accomplished in the past is good but you should have some ongoing involvement too. Other than this, if you prepare a stellar application and a 700+ GMAT I don't see any reason for you not getting into your target schools. Score as high as you can but a benchmark is usually the average gmat score of the preceding years' class profile. INSEAD now requires a 6 on IR so be careful about this. Hope this helps. Good Luck !

Best,

Deep A.

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 112

Schools: Tuck '19
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2017, 03:37
Hi All,

I applied for an MBA to Kellogg School for 2017 intake in R2 last year. I was waived off the interview requirement due to non availability of interviewer in my area but then I couldn't make it to final list. Following are my profile details:-

Nationality: Indian

Educational Background: B. Tech in Mechanical and Automation Engineering from Indraprastha University, Delhi with CPI of 77.4 out of 100. I completed my graduation in 2014.

Work Ex: I will complete 3 years of work experience in August, 2017. I am working in a rice company Dunar Foods Limited as Manager, Operations. I started as a Graduate Engineer Trainee in technical department and paved way to my current position. I am managing all operational activities - production, quality, dispatch, maintenance, buyer visits - of our production facility and slowly moving into procurement, sales, and marketing as well. I also got a chance to go on a company tour to Paris in 2014 for SIAL food fair. I have some good achievements to my credit in my work profile.

GMAT:

1st attempt: 23rd September, 2016, 660 (Q48, V33)
2nd attempt: 23rd December, 2016, 710 (Q50, V35)

I am thinking for re appearing for GMAT again in August this year to see if I could make a jump of 30-40 points to a 740.

TOEFL iBT: 1st attempt: 17th December, 2016, 115 points.

My extracurricular activities aren't very strong. Although, I have managed events in yearly college fest during my graduation.

Do I have a chance to make it to Kellogg or an equally good institute if I re apply this year in R1?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2017, 17:37
I'm 32 and after graduating an OK law school (top 30 but nothing special) I decided to go into finance in an area I had studied significantly in law school (dodd-frank and otc derivatives). Decision not to practice law was largely due to the fact that I would have ended up in commercial litigation rather than finance law. Ended up with a BO job with a BB in OTC space, but got promoted in 1 1/2 years to FO--while it was trading, it just was basically reinvesting client collateral and managing some FX exposure, nothing very complex/interesting. Spent a couple years there, earned my CFA charter, and then left that for a risk job at another BB, again in the OTC space. Now thinking about going back to get MBA. Would like to stay in OTC space but hopefully on a good trading desk, but have also heard great things about management consulting and would consider that. From Chicago and have family so thinking Booth or Kellogg. What are my chances and how much would it help to break into the competitive FO jobs on either buy or sell side.

Stats

-GMAT:770 (49q, 45v)
-UGPA: 3.67 in Econ from an ok flagship state school(3.45 when considering grades from the school I transferred in from)
-Law School GPA: 3.35 from top 30.
-CFA Charter
-Published paper on OTC derivatives regulation
-Volunteer: Just now starting tutoring in an adult literary program.
-Nothing to add from a diversity point of view

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2017, 00:57
sudhirgupta93 wrote:
Hi All,

I applied for an MBA to Kellogg School for 2017 intake in R2 last year. I was waived off the interview requirement due to non availability of interviewer in my area but then I couldn't make it to final list. Following are my profile details:-

Educational Background: B. Tech in Mechanical and Automation Engineering from Indraprastha University, Delhi with CPI of 77.4 out of 100. I completed my graduation in 2014.

Work Ex: I will complete 3 years of work experience in August, 2017. I am working in a rice company Dunar Foods Limited as Manager, Operations. I started as a Graduate Engineer Trainee in technical department and paved way to my current position. I am managing all operational activities - production, quality, dispatch, maintenance, buyer visits - of our production facility and slowly moving into procurement, sales, and marketing as well. I also got a chance to go on a company tour to Paris in 2014 for SIAL food fair. I have some good achievements to my credit in my work profile.

GMAT:

I am thinking for re appearing for GMAT again in August this year to see if I could make a jump of 30-40 points to a 740.

My extracurricular activities aren't very strong. Although, I have managed events in yearly college fest during my graduation.

Do I have a chance to make it to Kellogg or an equally good institute if I re apply this year in R1?

Hi Sudhir,
I'm a little confused. Didn't you get a skype interview request before being waived off the interview ?
Since you already got an interview invite from Kellogg I think you have a decent shot of getting in once again. You will have more work ex. closer to the average of 4.5 years.
I hope you have improved on your extra curricular and community involvement since last year. If not this is a lapse on your part. Improving 20-30 points on your GMAT score will definitely improve your chances and not go counter productive. Prepare you applications well and go ahead with round 1. Adcoms like perseverance.
You must have applied to other schools too right ? I'd be happy to discuss in depth and do a ding analysis over a phone call. Hope this helps.

Best,

Deep A.

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 6

Schools: Kellogg '20, Duke '20
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.49
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2017, 05:24
Resipsa1 wrote:
I'm 32 and after graduating an OK law school (top 30 but nothing special) I decided to go into finance in an area I had studied significantly in law school (dodd-frank and otc derivatives). Decision not to practice law was largely due to the fact that I would have ended up in commercial litigation rather than finance law. Ended up with a BO job with a BB in OTC space, but got promoted in 1 1/2 years to FO--while it was trading, it just was basically reinvesting client collateral and managing some FX exposure, nothing very complex/interesting. Spent a couple years there, earned my CFA charter, and then left that for a risk job at another BB, again in the OTC space. Now thinking about going back to get MBA. Would like to stay in OTC space but hopefully on a good trading desk, but have also heard great things about management consulting and would consider that. From Chicago and have family so thinking Booth or Kellogg. What are my chances and how much would it help to break into the competitive FO jobs on either buy or sell side.

Stats

-UGPA: 3.67 in Econ from an ok flagship state school(3.45 when considering grades from the school I transferred in from)
-CFA Charter

To be honest, you have a very difficult path. Your GMAT is high which is a big plus, however your background doesn't really flow and it seems you are all over the place. You don't have a good story. Getting a law degree, CFA, and now MBA? Why? (CFA has nothing to do with business school nor will it help)

You also have no ECs and are 32 (a little bit older than the typical MBA student). Trying to give you a straightforward answer here. Maybe an eMBA would be best for your situation, if you are really serious. But I don't think you are simply because you still don't know what you want to do.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 6

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2017, 05:37
This post received
KUDOS
gmathopeful19 wrote:
Resipsa1 wrote:

Stats

-CFA Charter

To be honest, you have a very difficult path. Your GMAT is high which is a big plus, however your background doesn't really flow and it seems you are all over the place. You don't have a good story. Getting a law degree, CFA, and now MBA? Why? (CFA has nothing to do with business school nor will it help)

You also have no ECs and are 32 (a little bit older than the typical MBA student). Trying to give you a straightforward answer here. Maybe an eMBA would be best for your situation, if you are really serious. But I don't think you are simply because you still don't know what you want to do.

Thanks for the reply, but was hoping to get an admissions consultants advice not that of a prospective student. As for the comments, I disagree. As for flow, I decided in law school i was interested in finance and when I didn't think practicing law in that area was likely, I got a back office job and made my way to front office, then a quant oriented role. As for the CFA, not having anything to do with business school, I have a number of friends at Booth and can direct you to many different admission consultants posts that would disagree.

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2017, 19:26
Hey Resipa thanks for sharing profile. Really unique b-school trajectory here. I think on paper you have the right academics and data points with a really high GMAT, and solid GPA that's not too far off the avg score. Having another power grad degree shows your ability to perform at a graduate level but will also present a few questions for admissions.

You will just have to make a clear case on why you need another degree, given you did not go into law and focused mostly on business this should not be an issue but just know this will be in the back of the minds of admissions. I think a 2yr MBA is right for you and you are targeting the right school, so just make sure you are properly conveying your maturity and all that you can offer to the student community at these schools as an older candidate

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V48
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2017, 22:06
Indian female, Age 23
Currently working as Engineer in Ericsson Global India since july 2016. I am hoping to switch to management from technical and aiming for MBA from abroad.
GMAT 730
GPA 3.4
I have 1 year of work experience in telecom sector. 2015-2016 started a start-up but the plan failed and I took up a 9-5 job at Ericsson but now I am not sure if I want to continue here.
Done my BTech from electronics and communication, we also had many managerial subjects like financial economics, project management etc. And I was always a A+ in them also took college level initiatives in promoting our economics club. Organizing team member of college cultural fests for two consecutive years.
Actively involved in cultural events in Ericsson like dance groups and organizing floor walks.
I have 1.5 month of internship experience in NTPC india's leading power generation company.
Also I have 1.5 month of internship experience in Intel Corporations,Oregon,USA.
I have been actively involved in social works also continuosly for 4 years now. Ranging from teaching underrepresented to working in dog shelters and working in elderly shelter homes and organizing meals for mass people in Gurudwara.
Which colleges should I aim in USA to apply for my MBA.

Sent from my Le X526 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2017, 02:22
sachanmeenal wrote:
Indian female, Age 23
Currently working as Engineer in Ericsson Global India since july 2016. I am hoping to switch to management from technical and aiming for MBA from abroad.
GMAT 730
GPA 3.4
I have 1 year of work experience in telecom sector. 2015-2016 started a start-up but the plan failed and I took up a 9-5 job at Ericsson but now I am not sure if I want to continue here.
Done my BTech from electronics and communication, we also had many managerial subjects like financial economics, project management etc. And I was always a A+ in them also took college level initiatives in promoting our economics club. Organizing team member of college cultural fests for two consecutive years.
Actively involved in cultural events in Ericsson like dance groups and organizing floor walks.
I have 1.5 month of internship experience in NTPC india's leading power generation company.
Also I have 1.5 month of internship experience in Intel Corporations,Oregon,USA.
I have been actively involved in social works also continuosly for 4 years now. Ranging from teaching underrepresented to working in dog shelters and working in elderly shelter homes and organizing meals for mass people in Gurudwara.
Which colleges should I aim in USA to apply for my MBA.

Sent from my Le X526 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Hi Meenal,

You have good academics and great GMAT score. Your extra curricular activities and community service involvement are also splendid. The only weak part of your profile is the no.of years of work experience. Now you will hit the minimum threshold of 2 years but the average is around 4.5 years. If you could wait a couple of years, maybe? If not you still have a good chance at getting in. Shortlist your business schools based on your post mba and learning goals. Be specific what part of management do you wish to switch to? I would be happy to delve into your profile and help you shortlist schools over a free call. Hope this helps.

Best,

Deep A.

MBA Strategy Admissions Consultant
B

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2017, 10:12
PEguy01 wrote:
Hey guys - please let me know if I have a strong profile and any areas to focus on improving. Also curious if my GMAT will be an inhibitor given my background.

Demographics: Age 25, Male, American

GMAT: 720 (Q48 / V40)

Education: BS in Finance and Economics from a top 50 public university; 3.6 GPA; 3.9 Major GPA

Work Exp: 2 years in Investment Banking; 2 years in Private Equity (upon matriculation).

Extracurriculars: Volunteer as a mentor/coach for disadvantaged local community college students; In undergrad, started a for-profit student consulting organization.

Hi, you have good GMAT and GPA, sufficient work experience and advanced leadership skills, taking into account your volunteer initiatives. To make your profile stronger, you should brainstrom your achievements and post-MBA career goals. Have you shaped them up yet?

Victoria, MBA Strategy Application Team Lead
Find a Lot of Answers to Top Schools Admissions on Our Blog

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
B

Schools: Tuck '19
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2017, 03:24
EduSimplified wrote:
sudhirgupta93 wrote:
Hi All,

GMAT:

Hi Sudhir,
I'm a little confused. Didn't you get a skype interview request before being waived off the interview ?
Since you already got an interview invite from Kellogg I think you have a decent shot of getting in once again. You will have more work ex. closer to the average of 4.5 years.
I hope you have improved on your extra curricular and community involvement since last year. If not this is a lapse on your part. Improving 20-30 points on your GMAT score will definitely improve your chances and not go counter productive. Prepare you applications well and go ahead with round 1. Adcoms like perseverance.
You must have applied to other schools too right ? I'd be happy to discuss in depth and do a ding analysis over a phone call. Hope this helps.

Best,

Hello Deep,

I didn't get a skype interview request. Following is the exact quote I got from them in the interview update mail Kellogg's admissions team sent to me:-

"Thank you for requesting an off-campus interview. We currently do not have an available interviewer in your area. Consequently, we are waiving your interview requirement so as not to delay the processing of your application. Please be assured that this waiver will in no way negatively impact your candidacy."

I myself am honestly confused whether they did or didn't shortlist me from the interview, but I didn't make it to the final list for sure.

As far as extra curricular activities and community involvement is concerned, since I am working full time in a laborious job, it is not possible for me to indulge in extra curricular activities. (I am only able to take out time to go to gym.) About community services, I am not associated with any organization or something. I try helping the needy people at personal end. So I don't have any certifications or other document testifying my services to community. So that definitely is a problem.

However, I don't mind an analysis and fresh perspective over my profile, prospective B Schools, and possible improvements in my application to secure a seat in a top ranked B School. How may I contact you?

PS- Thanks for your reply.

Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!   [#permalink] 24 Jun 2017, 03:24

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9    Next  [ 169 posts ] 

KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: Gnpth

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap